PDA

View Full Version : coughlin and his staff must go

sharick88
12-23-2012, 06:49 PM
The team isn't responding and they have appeared to have quit. A new voice next year might go a long way towards future success. Two rings in five years is great, but even the best coaches not named bellichick get tuned out.

MikeyMike01
12-23-2012, 06:51 PM
Absolutely.

JaxMan
12-23-2012, 06:55 PM
They won the Super Bowl last year! Bellichick hasn't won since 04, just need a purging that'll jolt some these vets. Ridiculous lot all of them on defense, no guts, pride less bunch.

Overdrive92
12-23-2012, 06:56 PM
I have been one of the biggest Coughlin supporters, but even I believe this may be true.

How many second half collapses does it take?

sharick88
12-23-2012, 06:58 PM
They won the Super Bowl last year! Bellichick hasn't won since 04, just need a purging that'll jolt some these vets. Ridiculous lot all of them on defense, no guts, pride less bunch.
Yet their players don't fold in must win games like this one. Don't get me wrong, I am very satisfied with the overall success of this organization. I am just looking towards next season and beyond. No way you can say with a straight face that the players are highly motivated and hungry.

shockeyisjesus
12-23-2012, 06:59 PM

When a team has had FAR more late season collapses than not, it is no longer on the players. It is on the coaches. We've collapsed at least 5 or 6 seasons now out of the last 8-9 and it's been an entirely different roster every time.

No sorry pal, this one is on the coaches. Coughlin needs to go. Bring in Bill Cowher and get someone with a backbone to lead this team!

NYG6timeworldchamps
The Super Bowls don't matter when you collapse 3 out of 4 years.

Cloud57
The Giants are one of the most overrated teams in the NFL

Black
12-23-2012, 07:00 PM
unfortunately, they will never get rid of Coughlin unless he is ready to retire

penguinfarmer
12-23-2012, 07:01 PM
Coughlin stays.

I've never been fond of Fewell, but never really voiced my disliking until now. I was upset when Mike Zimmer was extended in the offseason. I was really hoping for him before this season even started.

Toadofsteel
12-23-2012, 07:02 PM
TC needs to go just because he's on a personal mission to bench every rookie ever. Those 7 points we did get were all on randle and wilson. Both rookies. Yet they can't ever get on the field because of this coachign staff...

giant-4-life
12-23-2012, 07:03 PM
good thing on a positive note; if coughlin stays, KG will as well. send TC packing. why disgrace ourselves in the playoffs?

Toadofsteel
12-23-2012, 07:04 PM
Also it's only the rookies and FA pickups that are fighting anymore... the established vets have given up.

G-MENBK
12-23-2012, 07:07 PM

3 out 4?

I think this team's second half swoon has carried over beyond just four seasons.

SweetZombieJesus
12-23-2012, 07:08 PM
When a team has had FAR more late season collapses than not, it is no longer on the players. It is on the coaches. We've collapsed at least 5 or 6 seasons now out of the last 8-9 and it's been an entirely different roster every time.

No sorry pal, this one is on the coaches. Coughlin needs to go. Bring in Bill Cowher and get someone with a backbone to lead this team!

We've collapsed every one of Coughlin's 9 years and pulled out of it twice. Do we really need to count the gutless blowouts such as we've seen today and last week, and going back to the 2005 Panthers loss? Why is it this team shows up small in critical spots? Why do we go 6-2 every year and then blow it?

Can you blame the players when the roster turns over but we still get the same results, every year?

AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

jaxnygmen
12-23-2012, 07:09 PM
I am not sure it is entirely him. Reese should take a big hit too. He is the one drafting and we are oly getting minimal production from our draft picks. That is where it starts. We need to get players in the first 3-4 rounds who can come in and contribute right away. I think a lot of these players packet it in. Time to start chopping them.

P_Simms_#11
12-23-2012, 07:09 PM
Yes. Too bad he doesnt retire.

MikeyMike01
12-23-2012, 07:10 PM
Why is it this team shows up small in critical spots? Why do we go 6-2 every year and then blow it?!

Because Coughlin is too stubborn to make midseason adjustments.

TheShouldersOf
12-23-2012, 07:13 PM
TC needs to go just because he's on a personal mission to bench every rookie ever. Those 7 points we did get were all on randle and wilson. Both rookies. Yet they can't ever get on the field because of this coachign staff...

i would quote this a million times

sharick88
12-23-2012, 07:15 PM
Bump! This team is finished for the year. Coughlin wont fire gilbride and fewell. Might as well dump him and get someone totally out of the box and brand new.

Toadofsteel
12-23-2012, 07:17 PM
I am not sure it is entirely him. Reese should take a big hit too. He is the one drafting and we are oly getting minimal production from our draft picks. That is where it starts. We need to get players in the first 3-4 rounds who can come in and contribute right away. I think a lot of these players packet it in. Time to start chopping them.

Only knock i have on Reese is his absolute refusal to take an offensive lineman in the draft. He's been riding Accorsi's epic line (Diehl-Deubert-Ohara-Snee-Kmac) right into the ground. You can't blame him if coughlin is refusing to give rookies a chance...

TooStupid
12-23-2012, 07:21 PM
Maybe so but at least Belichick continues to post impressive records, and his teams are not an embarrassment. Both OC and DC need to be retired.
Say thank you and explain the team needs new blood.

GMENAGAIN
12-23-2012, 07:32 PM
You want to fire a staff that won the SB last year? Who should we hire in their place?

Should the Steelers fire Tomlin? They **** the bed too this year.

brownelvis54
12-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Bring in Jon Gruden...........very friendly QB coach

sharick88
12-23-2012, 07:35 PM
You want to fire a staff that won the SB last year? Who should we hire in their place?

In order to get rid of fewell and gilbride, we probably wont have a choice. Looking forward, do you really have full confidence in this whole coaching staff?

JB456
12-23-2012, 07:49 PM
unfortunately, they will never get rid of Coughlin unless he is ready to retire

I don't necessarily believe Coughlin should get canned but his coordinators should be on the hot seat.

I Hate T.O.
12-23-2012, 07:53 PM
I like TC and I hate these Coordinators...but if the only chance we have of getting rid of Fewell and Killdrive is by TC getting canned...then so be it...I cant stand watching those buffoons destroy this team...

GMENAGAIN
12-23-2012, 07:54 PM
In order to get rid of fewell and gilbride, we probably wont have a choice. Looking forward, do you really have full confidence in this whole coaching staff?

Again, who should the staff be replaced with?

Pksoze
12-23-2012, 07:55 PM

I think we should get Romeo Crenell to be our defensive coordinator.

GMENAGAIN
12-23-2012, 07:57 PM
I think we should get Romeo Crenell to be our defensive coordinator.

How about our HC, since the OP wanted him fired too?

sharick88
12-23-2012, 07:58 PM
I will leave that one to management. An overhaul is indeed in order imo

Toadofsteel
12-23-2012, 08:00 PM
We should try to get Chip Kelly. The one advantage we have over other teams that are in the HC hunt is that we have talent that can win a super bowl. Chip would take no crap for "veteran loyalty" and would immediately bench guys that dont perform...

Not to mention I think Eli could run a spread offense very well...

GMENAGAIN
12-23-2012, 08:00 PM
I will leave that one to management. An overhaul is indeed in order imo

So you just want everyone fired, but have no idea who should replace them. Okay, I see.

JB456
12-23-2012, 08:04 PM

There is no way in hell Coughlin will get fired after this season. He just won a Superbowl for Christ sake. I think our corrdinators should be used as tackle dummies but our defense would probably whif on tackling them in practice though :(

Pksoze
12-23-2012, 08:05 PM

I am a Coughlin fan. Not too happy with how soft we play on the defense though. I think our talent more than coaching has run its course.

sharick88
12-23-2012, 08:06 PM

You still haven't answered my yes or no question bro

brownelvis54
12-23-2012, 08:07 PM
Jon Gruden

45Jones
12-23-2012, 08:08 PM
I would say 2 Superbowls equals one more chance. After that, all bets are off...

sharick88
12-23-2012, 08:13 PM
So you just want everyone fired, but have no idea who should replace them. Okay, I see.

What's wrong with wanting to rebuild? Yes, I want a coaching overhaul. In order to fire the incompetent gilbride and fewell, coughlin has to go. I am all for it based on those parameters.

younggiant
12-23-2012, 08:26 PM

Steelers don't have 2nd half meltdowns almost every season under Tomlin. Just saying.

rickker20
12-23-2012, 11:45 PM
It's time for a coach change. I would bring in Chucky!!!!!!! or if he is not available then Chin!!!!!!!!!!

Buddy333
12-23-2012, 11:48 PM
Why?

thomasg2488
12-23-2012, 11:49 PM
If not, one of these will work

1. David Shaw (Stanford HC)
2. Bo Pelini (Nebraska HC)
3. Bruce Arians (Colts Interim HC)
4. Tom Clements (Packers OC)

thomasg2488
12-23-2012, 11:50 PM
Why?

Because we go 6-2 every year, slump and usually miss the playoffs. Our two Super Bowls sadly have saved their jobs.

shockeyisjesus
12-24-2012, 04:07 AM
Why?

Because Gilbride is one of the worst offensive coordinators in the NFL and if Coughlin refuses to get with the times and keeps him, he needs to be replaced as well?

Loyalty to a chimp is going to sink Coughlin and the Giants boat if we don't do something about it and soon.

stormblue
12-24-2012, 04:35 AM
not Chucky....he is worse than TC when it comes to using young players.
he will actually trade away young players and draft choices for old vets.

i watched him dismantle Tampa's SB team piece by piece.
( i worked in Tampa for 12 years)

he doesn't trust anyone with less than 4 years experience.
his doghouse door only swings one way.

laylow28
12-24-2012, 04:38 AM
By the looks of things TC will be the NYG coach until he retires.

G-MENBK
12-24-2012, 04:40 AM
By the looks of things TC will be the NYG coach until he retires.

I have no problem with that, as long as Gilbride is shown the door.

giantsfan420
12-24-2012, 05:02 AM
If not, one of these will work

1. David Shaw (Stanford HC)
2. Bo Pelini (Nebraska HC)
3. Bruce Arians (Colts Interim HC)
4. Tom Clements (Packers OC)arians would prob be one of my top choices. He was Pittsburgh OC, Ben was actually very upset he left bc Ben knew how central he was to his success.
Arians actually develops plays based on route concepts to get open meaning he will create the seperation by the refined routes and not depend on the wrs to get open based on how they interpret the defensive coverage. He takes the thinking out of it and instead depends on the wrs running the crisp routes designed.

M00KIE
12-24-2012, 05:36 AM
Because we go 6-2 every year, slump and usually miss the playoffs. Our two Super Bowls sadly have saved their jobs.

Talk about a sense of entitlement. 2 Sb's in 6 years isn't enough for you? Be happy you're not a Raiders fan. Chucky don't have 2 in 6 years. The man has 6 winning seasons as a HC out of 11 seasons and 2 of the 6 were 9-7.

You make absolutely no sense.

If there was an actual "great coach" to be had, I'd say go for it. But this love affair with a man who has a record of failure over a man who got us 2 rings is insane.

CDN_G-FAN
12-24-2012, 06:43 AM
any head coach worth his salt:

"so let me get this straight, you had a head coach who got you to the playoffs in 5 of the last 7 years, won you 2 SBs in 5 years, and you fired him because his teams had a habit of falling flat mid season and fans didn't like his choice of OC, except that they still played good enough to get you to the playoffs 5 out of 7 seasons and win you 2 SBs. So basically, in an era where there's only been 6 different teams to win SBs in the last 12 years, even if i win you a championship, or two, i can be fired the next year if my team slumps or people question my coordinator choices? "

i think this is how fans earn their honorary Dan Snyder/Jerry Jones doctorate of franchise management..............

stormblue
12-24-2012, 07:43 AM
arians would prob be one of my top choices. He was Pittsburgh OC, Ben was actually very upset he left bc Ben knew how central he was to his success.
Arians actually develops plays based on route concepts to get open meaning he will create the seperation by the refined routes and not depend on the wrs to get open based on how they interpret the defensive coverage. He takes the thinking out of it and instead depends on the wrs running the crisp routes designed.

what an amazing concept.

GCGiant
12-24-2012, 07:55 AM
I don't think TC is going anywhere...but I do know that they have a whole lot of respect for Sean Payton down there in NO and it just so happens that he is available to sign with whoever he pleases now. Just sayin'...

M00KIE
12-24-2012, 07:59 AM
I don't think TC is going anywhere...but I do know that they have a whole lot of respect for Sean Payton down there in NO and it just so happens that he is available to sign with whoever he pleases now. Just sayin'...

There's a guy I'd consider.

GMENAGAIN
12-24-2012, 08:02 AM
What's wrong with wanting to rebuild? Yes, I want a coaching overhaul. In order to fire the incompetent gilbride and fewell, coughlin has to go. I am all for it based on those parameters.

You don't see a problem with the fact that you have no idea whether or not the new coaches you plan to hire will be better?

M00KIE
12-24-2012, 08:12 AM

I don't buy this...Who told you we were "supposed to" win the SB every year? Or get deep into the playoffs every year? It's the NFL. You act like the Giants are the only team staying home.

titwio
12-24-2012, 08:16 AM
I'm rolling with Coughlin for as long as he wants to coach. His values and morals are top notch and the man has earned my respect. He can only coach, not play the game. The players just didn't step up for him this year...No Eli, JPP, Cruz, Nicks like last year coming up big in situations.

I can't think of one player this year that stood out.

GMENAGAIN
12-24-2012, 08:35 AM
It's time for a coach change. I would bring in Chucky!!!!!!! or if he is not available then Chin!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, the Chin . . . lol

Took him 13 years to win a SB . . . half of you would have run him out of town after year one!

BlueMetal 40
12-24-2012, 08:39 AM
Changing the coordinators means changing the system, terminology, etc. You want to change the system that your QB in his prime can run with his eyes closed? Loosen the reigns on him, let him run a faster pace offense and keep KG around IF Eli has "questions". Denfensively, I think they need a new DC. Bend, don't break has turned into a fractured system that has split at the seams and allow opposing offenses to impose their will on us.

brad
12-24-2012, 08:47 AM
I like Coughlin and the way he goes about things, I don't see him going anywhere and hope he stays for a long time.

I am not a fan of the KG style of offense, but he has been successful, and bringing in a new OC would bring with it some turmoil. I don't see that happening.

I do think that PF is likely gone after this year. His read and react style of offense does not take advantage of the personnel and puts the defense on it's heals more often than not. With one of the worst ranked defenses for the past two years, it is likely he will be gone. I don't know who the replacement will be, it remains to be seen who will be available..

Toadofsteel
12-24-2012, 08:50 AM
I don't buy this...Who told you we were "supposed to" win the SB every year? Or get deep into the playoffs every year? It's the NFL. You act like the Giants are the only team staying home.

We're wasting Eli Manning's career doing this crap. It might be another 20 years after Eli retires before we get another QB of his caliber...

GMENAGAIN
12-24-2012, 08:51 AM
We're wasting Eli Manning's career doing this crap. It might be another 20 years after Eli retires before we get another QB of his caliber...

I agree. Missing the playoffs with a franchise QB is such a waste . . . they don't come around very often (except for the Colts)

giantscolombia
12-24-2012, 08:55 AM
The team isn't responding and they have appeared to have quit. A new voice next year might go a long way towards future success. Two rings in five years is great, but even the best coaches not named bellichick get tuned out.

+1

mainaman
12-24-2012, 09:13 AM
The team isn't responding and they have appeared to have quit. A new voice next year might go a long way towards future success. Two rings in five years is great, but even the best coaches not named bellichick get tuned out.really, just like that? Good you do not get fired the first time you mess up at work.

Die-Hard
12-24-2012, 10:28 AM
Anyone who thinks Coughlin is going out of here on anything but his own terms is in a serious state of delusion. He'll be gone when he retires in the next 2-3 years, and he has earned the right to do it. The same cant be said of Killdrive and Fewell, but knowing how this organzation operates, I think it's a safe bet that both will return next season, regardless of the change needing to be made. Killdrive absolutely needs to get outta Dodge.

CDN_G-FAN
12-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Anyone who thinks Coughlin is going out of here on anything but his own terms is in a serious state of delusion. He'll be gone when he retires in the next 2-3 years, and he has earned the right to do it. The same cant be said of Killdrive and Fewell, but knowing how this organzation operates, I think it's a safe bet that both will return next season, regardless of the change needing to be made. Killdrive absolutely needs to get outta Dodge.

+1 on the first part.

no one is going to let coughlin choose the timing of his departure AND take away who can be hired,retained, and fired on his staff.

its a package deal. if anyone leaves this coaching staff, it'll be coughlin and coughlin's decision alone.

Die-Hard
12-24-2012, 10:34 AM
+1 on the first part.

no one is going to let coughlin choose the timing of his departure AND take away who can be hired,retained, and fired on his staff.

its a package deal. if anyone leaves this coaching staff, it'll be coughlin and coughlin's decision alone.

That was sort of my point. They'll both likely be back, and it'll be because Coughlin wants them to stay. I should have clarified that part a bit more.

YATittle1962
12-24-2012, 10:54 AM
broken record anyone ?

Toadofsteel
12-24-2012, 11:09 AM
Killdrive absolutely needs to get outta Dodge.

HAIIIIIII....
http://media.northjersey.com/images/MattDodge.jpg

nycisgreat
12-24-2012, 11:15 AM

I understand your frustration, but we beat Bellichick twice in the biggest games. I don't think Coughlin is the problem although he is responsible for the entire team. I think the mind set of our OC and DC isn't where it should be. I believe the current philosophy on defense and offense have to be changed, and both coordinators should be replaced. But I disagree with just letting Coughlin go. I think TC has a good connection with the players, but the schemes on defense and offense are not complementary of our personnel or allow room for adjustments if things go wrong.

Die-Hard
12-24-2012, 11:20 AM
HAIIIIIII....
http://media.northjersey.com/images/MattDodge.jpg

Oh snap.....why'd you go there dude? LOL

thomasjmarino
12-24-2012, 12:00 PM
Although there are many problems with this team, the one thing that I have been screaming about for years now is this. Gilbride has to be removed! Is it the loyalty of our head coach that has kept this guy around? Is it the kinder, gentler Tom Coughlin? Why is this guy still the Offensive Coordinator of this team? I have never seen a more predictable vanilla offensive game plan than what I see every week with this team. Every week it's the same play calling. Runs up the middle and passes down the field. Oh, and the token pass or two to the tight end. I mean, seriously? Any defensive coordinator worth anything can game plan against this team. I watch other teams and I marvel at what they do on offense. Mixing up the play calling to keep the other team off balance. Trick plays, misdirections, play action, end arounds, screen plays and on and on. Can we use Henry Hynoski for something other than a blocking back? And if he is so good at this, why isn't he in there to protect Eli instead of David Wilson or Ahmad Bradshaw? At the end of the postgame show last night, Amani Toomer said it. He watched the Atlanta game and watched Matt Ryan go 12 for 12 at one point and very few, if any, passes were more than 5 yards or so. With the Giants it's run the ball or throw it 30 yards. Now my question is this - Is it the Offensive Coordinator who has no creativity whatsoever or is it the quaterback who cannot absorb that much information? It's one or the other. If it is the OC then it's time for Gilbride to go!! This offense has way too much talent to underperform the way they have. Someone has to be held responsible. And let's not forget this, if it wasn't for the talent of Eli Manning and the two miraculous plays that won us 2 Super Bowls, this guy would have been gone by now. Eli has saved this guy's job. Are we going to sit on our hands again and watch Norv Turner go to another team and make that offense one of the top offenses in the league next year, or are we going to grab him the second he is fired from San Diego? Look at what this man did with Dallas. 3 Super Bowls in 4 years. What he did for Aikman he will do for Eli. Mr. Marra, please go get Norv Turner. And when Steve Spagnuolo becomes available, bring him back too! The defensive players loved playing for Spags. What a shame to watch this team collapse again. Twice now in 3 years. What has happened the last 2 weeks is embarrassing and humiliating and every player, coach and team official should be humiliated!!!

ghostoftommymaddox
12-24-2012, 12:17 PM
any head coach worth his salt:

"so let me get this straight, you had a head coach who got you to the playoffs in 5 of the last 7 years, won you 2 SBs in 5 years, and you fired him because his teams had a habit of falling flat mid season and fans didn't like his choice of OC, except that they still played good enough to get you to the playoffs 5 out of 7 seasons and win you 2 SBs. So basically, in an era where there's only been 6 different teams to win SBs in the last 12 years, even if i win you a championship, or two, i can be fired the next year if my team slumps or people question my coordinator choices? "

i think this is how fans earn their honorary Dan Snyder/Jerry Jones doctorate of franchise management..............

The issue is what happens going forward. Your entire argument looks backward. The Giants, top to bottom, are IBM -- steady but predictable and a little slow. Teams like the Redskins, Seahawks and Niners are Apple -- young, fast, creative, unafraid. Whose future do you like right now?

sharick88
12-24-2012, 12:26 PM
really, just like that? Good you do not get fired the first time you mess up at work.

So this is the first time he has messed up, huh? My whole point is that in order to get rid of the incompetent coordinators, we might have to fire the head coach in order to do it because of the loyalty our head coach has for them. I don't think it's far fetched to want to go in a new direction. Outscored 67-14 in two do or die games at the end of the year, another of the long list of poor second half of seasons, a bottom of the league defense, and an all of a sudden lost offense that can't even score against suspect defenses in Baltimore and Atlanta. I stand by my opinion. I think that in order to get rid of the coordinators, the head coach has to be broken off.

GOBLUE24
12-24-2012, 12:46 PM
TC isnt going anywhere we all know that. He deserves to retire on his own terms but if he does not agree to major changes i could see Reese making a push. TC is loyal to a major fault and is my biggest problem with his coaching. When you keep around vets and dont play younger players they need to step up. This has not happened this year and interested to see what changes are made.

Palmer needs to come back as QB coach is my first move.

PittGiants
12-24-2012, 01:27 PM

The relationship of Coughflin and Giant teams to me, has not been great, and the difference of past years to this season are the players.

Tom had great players who could guide the team to wins, not now, this team is spent, and after yesterdays 12/23/12 mess, this team needs to go home. An Eagle loss to this team will do nothing.

Who than, can guide this team as coach??? Who than can be hired as coaches to the head coach??

PittGiants
12-24-2012, 01:28 PM
I agree time for changes. This team looked awful, ship out Osi and Tuck.

wideright91
12-24-2012, 01:44 PM
Coughlin isn't going anywhere, and that's fine with me. If Fewell goes, for some reason, I say we get Spags back. Oh, and overhaul our OL and CB's and LB's.

TroyArcher
12-24-2012, 01:53 PM
TC is not going anywhere. Perry Fewell could be in jeopardy as the perception is the Giants have good defensive talent, I do not agree.

TheShouldersOf
12-24-2012, 02:05 PM
We should try to get Chip Kelly. The one advantage we have over other teams that are in the HC hunt is that we have talent that can win a super bowl. Chip would take no crap for "veteran loyalty" and would immediately bench guys that dont perform...

Not to mention I think Eli could run a spread offense very well...

I dig Chip quite a bit, maybe harder for Eli to transition, but would open up Wilson's potential

Coughlin, Gilbride and Radio lack the ability to utilize the Skill sets and talents of the personal they have, instead thy attempt to force them into their 'concepts'

i've never been a fan of the Coordinators or Head Coach, regardless of Superbowl wins that seem to mask the troubles that this Giant staff have

i don't have an answer for Head Coach, but someone who is willing to utilize the potential of this talent thus far,

dezzzR
12-24-2012, 04:06 PM
So this is the first time he has messed up, huh? My whole point is that in order to get rid of the incompetent coordinators, we might have to fire the head coach in order to do it because of the loyalty our head coach has for them. I don't think it's far fetched to want to go in a new direction. Outscored 67-14 in two do or die games at the end of the year, another of the long list of poor second half of seasons, a bottom of the league defense, and an all of a sudden lost offense that can't even score against suspect defenses in Baltimore and Atlanta. I stand by my opinion. I think that in order to get rid of the coordinators, the head coach has to be broken off.But what happens if he does fire his coordinators? I think someones getting fired. Giants are going to be a completely different team next year. Say what you will about TC but history shows he has a good eye for talent and building teams, Id like him to be here to help rebuild some.

speedman
12-24-2012, 04:14 PM
You want to fire a staff that won the SB last year? Who should we hire in their place?Should the Steelers fire Tomlin? They **** the bed too this year.At least the Steelers were competitive.

NYGiantsFan56
12-24-2012, 04:31 PM
I would love to see Spags come home. I got a hunch he's not happy down in New Orleans. Everyone would love him back. He belongs home in the NFC East. If you get a stranger it would be a lost season for the defense. With Spags still a good number of players left from his time here. Wouldn"t take long to Re-Tool and clean up Fewell's mess

ny06
12-24-2012, 04:35 PM
You could have Buddy Ryan calling the defensive plays and it wouldn't matter if the players weren't executing. I think Spags is a darn good DC, and is doing the best he can with what he has to work with in New Orleans. I would welcome him back and I think majority of us fans wouldn't be against it.

NYGiantsFan56
12-24-2012, 04:36 PM
You could have Buddy Ryan calling the defensive plays and it wouldn't matter if the players weren't executing. I think Spags is a darn good DC, and is doing the best he can with what he has to work with in New Orleans. I would welcome him back and I think majority of us fans wouldn't be against it.
That's my point. If Coughlin was smart he try to get him.

RoanokeFan
12-24-2012, 04:41 PM
I would love to see Spags come home. I got a hunch he's not happy down in New Orleans. Everyone would love him back. He belongs home in the NFC East. If you get a stranger it would be a lost season for the defense. With Spags still a good number of players left from his time here. Wouldn"t take long to Re-Tool and clean up Fewell's mess

Spags was great here, not so great as HC in St.Louis, and his defense in NO is ranked pretty low. He had a much better group of guys here, some of whom are now not playing so well or have left.

ny06
12-24-2012, 04:43 PM
Spags was great here, not so great as HC in St.Louis, and his defense in NO is ranked pretty low. He had a much better group of guys here, some of whom are now not playing so well or have left.
The one thing I think we can all agree about Spags when he was the DC here is the defensive players LOVED playing for him.

CruznNicks
12-24-2012, 04:43 PM
We don't have a pass rush so Spags will be useless here.

NYGiantsFan56
12-24-2012, 04:44 PM
Core of Defense is till good and we got some young talent. Think Spags would thrive here. New Orleans was a bad situation he walked into and St. Louis was just a bad team

NYGiantsFan56
12-24-2012, 04:44 PM
The one thing I think we can all agree about Spags when he was the DC here is the defensive players LOVED playing for him.
Absolutely 100% the case.

ny06
12-24-2012, 04:48 PM
We don't have a pass rush so Spags will be useless here.
Spags was great at creative blitzing.

NYGiantsFan56
12-24-2012, 04:48 PM
I think Spags can do wonders with Tracy, Ojomo for the Pass Rush. JPP will hit new levels with his schemes and Prince, Stevie Brown, Hosley and Will Hill will thrive in the secondary.

CruznNicks
12-24-2012, 05:02 PM
Spags was great at creative blitzing.

Understood, but you can't creative blitz every single play. When Spags was here, Tuck and Osi were beasts. Today Tuck is done and Osi probaly good as gone. Canty is finish here and Joseph is a space eating run stuffer. You're banking on Ojomo doing what he's done in preseason and Tracy all of a sudden being a stud. Spags is no good here, he can't turn around a bad Saints defense. The Giants needs to go 3-4 due to RG3 and his presence in the division the next 10 yrs.

YATittle1962
12-24-2012, 05:07 PM
very nostalgic thought

just not very realistic

the romanticism of the Spagnuolo years is great fun......but they are gone

if anyone thinks Spagnuolo would come here and wave a magic want and turn this defense around they don't quite understand what goes into the process of building a defense

this will take an offseason to fix .....and backtracking to Steve Spagnuolo doesn't sound interesting at all to me given what he has accomplished since he left here

he is not a magician....he is a decent coach....quite average actually

creative.....but average

ny06
12-24-2012, 05:16 PM
very nostalgic thought

just not very realistic

if anyone thinks Spagnuolo would come here and wave a magic want and turn this defense around they don't quite understand what goes into the process of building a defense

this will take an offseason to fix .....and backtracking to Steve Spagnuolo doesn't sound interesting at all to me given what he has accomplished since he left here

creative.....but average
I think everyone knows our defense can't be fixed that easily, But it is an option to have on the back burner. I think our defense has issues far more then a new DC can fix. We have ageing players mixed in with players who are not getting the job done. The past two weeks are some of the worst tackling I have seen in years, I also don't buy that they can only hit in practice once or twice a week. I have seen teams all through out the NFL who make text book tackling on a regular basis. Something every defense should pride themselves with. I miss the days when opponents came to play the Giants defense they knew they had to work for every yard and they would be spending an evening in the ice tub after a game.

gumby74
12-24-2012, 05:18 PM
very nostalgic thought

just not very realistic

creative.....but average

average is an upgrade compared to what we have now. I'll take it!

Jintsferlife
12-24-2012, 05:42 PM
Just for the record, Tom Coughlin didn't play one down of crappy football this season. And is the 16th winningest coach in NFL history. He'll be with the Giants for as long as he wishes and that's great with me.

Fan For 45 yrs
12-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Will Eli be able to adjust without a large drop off ?? Thoughts

experto
12-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Turner is a great hire,he is a guru on offense and he just has no clue as a team coach.But 1 side,I like him.

Cloud57
12-24-2012, 05:44 PM
If you visit the other boards all the teams want Norv Turner now

byron
12-24-2012, 06:02 PM
Just for the record, Tom Coughlin didn't play one down of crappy football this season. And I can tell you right now thats the only thing that will save his ***! ;)

M00KIE
12-24-2012, 06:15 PM
very nostalgic thought

just not very realistic

creative.....but average

While that's true, the fact remains (most likely) that "someone" is going to have to do it. So I say why not him?

M00KIE
12-24-2012, 06:22 PM
I'd take Norv for sure.

SuperNYGiants
12-24-2012, 06:23 PM
My 5 year old niece would make a better DC than Fewell, so I'm open to anything.

Buddy333
12-24-2012, 06:25 PM
Zero

SuperNYGiants
12-24-2012, 06:25 PM
I wouldn't want him because he's hasn't been successful for a long time, his stint at Dallas is more or less a result of the talent more so then his scheme.

Cloud57
12-24-2012, 06:26 PM
We won't get him because Coughlin see Gilbride as the best offensive guru

Overdrive92
12-24-2012, 06:27 PM
Gilbride won't be fired.

Buddy333
12-24-2012, 06:28 PM
Sure. He is doing such a great job with the Saints defense.

Cloud57
12-24-2012, 06:29 PM
Gilbride won't be fired.Flacco got his OC fired but you're right. As long as coughlin is here Gilbride is going nowhere.

Buddy333
12-24-2012, 06:31 PM
Tell me why he should be fired.

bearbryant
12-24-2012, 06:31 PM
Right now, I'd take the man responsible for our SB XLII victory in a heartbeat. I don't think this is the only answer needed at Met Life but its a good start. Yes he had different talent back than but the one main reason I liked his style was he came from the J.J. defensive idea: attacking not reacting. More than anything this has created a non aggressive, lazy type of football player on the Jints. Never liked it, never will. At least whenSpags threw a blitze at the offense they usually weren't ready for it and mostly it got home. He had imagination.

SuperNYGiants
12-24-2012, 06:37 PM
That's a good point, Fewell's reaction defense sucks balls, at least Spag's scheme is about attacking the opponent. That alone would have salvaged a few games this year.

Parademon
12-24-2012, 06:42 PM
Any other DC out there better? If not, I'd take Spags back in a NY minute! He left to go coach 2 very bad teams. I miss seeing his creative blitze schemes. This Giant D plays so lethargic & listless, that it pains me to watch them. I have to go pop in my Giants 10 greatest games DVD just to watch LT, Banks, Carson, Pepper Johnson, Reasons, Burt, & co remind me what a real Giants defense used to look like!

Man, were those guys vicious & brutal tacklers! The "HIT" by Reasons is the stuff of legends IMO.

RoanokeFan
12-24-2012, 06:47 PM
The one thing Spags would have going for him is his relationship with TC. Still, I'm not sure how they get him since it's not a promotion and he's under contract.

nycisgreat
12-24-2012, 06:49 PM
Will Eli be able to adjust without a large drop off ?? Thoughts

Knowing the Giants track record. I can't see us getting Norv because KG isn't getting fired.

gumby74
12-24-2012, 07:37 PM
That's a good point, Fewell's reaction defense sucks balls, at least Spag's scheme is about attacking the opponent. That alone would have salvaged a few games this year. if we're goign to lose, i'd rather lose with style.

mrg3
12-24-2012, 07:52 PM
Someone said yesterday Fewll was Rod Rust and Johnny Lynn comes to mind, Read and react, Giants need to attack and take chances Like Spags D. Sure cant be any worse than last 2 games.

cornerback30
12-24-2012, 08:22 PM
I would love to see Spags come home. I got a hunch he's not happy down in New Orleans. Everyone would love him back. He belongs home in the NFC East. If you get a stranger it would be a lost season for the defense. With Spags still a good number of players left from his time here. Wouldn"t take long to Re-Tool and clean up Fewell's messAs much as I would love to see that happen there's no way New Orleans lets him go,there defense started to play better the last couple of games.Another problem is Coughlin is too loyal to his own guys and might not be willing to fire his OC and DC coordinators.One way or another we could bank on seeing some type of major change if we don't make the playoffs.If we get blown outta the water this last game then it's almost certain that major changes will take place even if Coughlin doesn't want to fire his coaches.Its no secret that fans are upset and they are letting it known,just like fans are upset you can bet your *** that upper management isn't liking what they are seeing as well.If this happens again against the Eagles,they might not fire Coughlin but you can bet they will want some type of change to the defense whether its players or fewell.

jaxnygmen
12-24-2012, 08:25 PM
I would love to have Spags back but he needs better personel bottom line. He runs many blitzes and relies on LB's to cover and ours can not!!!

gumby74
12-24-2012, 08:42 PM
I would love to have Spags back but he needs better personel bottom line. He runs many blitzes and relies on LB's to cover and ours can not!!!

in 2008 we had a top defense with Danny Clark, Pierce, and uhm ...the guy who replaced Wilkenson. We had no linebackers then either. On top of that we had Dockery, Butler,Michael Johnson, Sammy Knight, etc in the secondary.

SuperNYGiants
12-24-2012, 08:50 PM
in 2008 we had a top defense with Danny Clark, Pierce, and uhm ...the guy who replaced Wilkenson. We had no linebackers then either. On top of that we had Dockery, Butler,Michael Johnson, Sammy Knight, etc in the secondary.
What you talking about, Kawika Mitchell was a beast, Pierce was a lot better than Blackburn, Danny Clark was a better run stopper than Michael Boley ever could.

GMENAGAIN
12-24-2012, 08:51 PM
At least the Steelers were competitive.

They were, huh?

GMENAGAIN
12-24-2012, 08:52 PM
I dig Chip quite a bit, maybe harder for Eli to transition, but would open up Wilson's potential

Coughlin, Gilbride and Radio lack the ability to utilize the Skill sets and talents of the personal they have, instead thy attempt to force them into their 'concepts'

i've never been a fan of the Coordinators or Head Coach, regardless of Superbowl wins that seem to mask the troubles that this Giant staff have

i don't have an answer for Head Coach, but someone who is willing to utilize the potential of this talent thus far,

lol . . . Super Bowl wins mask the troubles that this staff has. Absolutely priceless.

fletch842
12-24-2012, 09:01 PM
lol . . . Super Bowl wins mask the troubles that this staff has. Absolutely priceless.
I'll take that mask any season!!

DarkSaint
12-24-2012, 09:36 PM
2011 giants were hit by injury and got healthy when it counted. The 2012 Giants had injuries during the entire year. Nicks was never fully healthy, KP, Prince, JPP, Tuck, Locklear, Diehl, Bennett, Canty. I think if we were healthy and with the right motivation we could have made another run. With that said, the coaching staff is to be blamed. Every team gets hit with the injury bug, but the turn it on when it counts mentality doesn't fly. Of course when they play their A game, they can beat anyone. They beat the pats without Nicks and Bradshaw. This is on the coaching, Killdrive failed to see what was going on even when Nicks and Cruz pointed out that defenses had them figured out. He failed to make changes. The Oline couldn't block, and the OC failed to make adjustments or design plays to help the qb out. He had the fastest guy on the field riding the bench while allowing a cripple with 2 bad ankles whiff on blitz pickup like Curtis Granderson in the playoffs, or the regular season for that matter. That's the OC and the Coach. He has seen our 2 minute drill and the hurry up offense work and offset some of the problems that have been affecting our O but refuses to use it, that's the OC. Locklear was doing a great job when diehl went out, but when he(dieh) got healthy, they put lockear back on the bench despite the fact that locklear gave us the best chance to win, That's just dumb coaching, Our OC turned a blinds eye to our wide receivers inability to create any separation, with a hobbled Nicks playing like an aging toomer on Plaxico's bad ankles. We had JJ, Barden and Randle who all performed at one time or another yet they were forced to ride the bench after breakout games. That's the coaches. They don't know how to use our personal, they refuse to play the guys who give us the best chance to win. They have poor planning, can't make adjustments and are unable to motivate our players or keep them healthy. With all these perfect practices, i wouldn"t be surprised that these practices are what's causing these injuries. Steve Smith injured his knee in practice and was out for the year. This coaching staff has run it's course and we need change, possibly someone young who can bring something new and take advantage of our talent instead of current coaches who run the same plays he drew up 30 years ago. We can be right back to the SB we can get rid of some of the dead weight and replace them with 1 or 2 pieces on both sides of the ball via shrewd FA and drafting smart and aggressively.

gumby74
12-24-2012, 09:41 PM
What you talking about, Kawika Mitchell was a beast, Pierce was a lot better than Blackburn, Danny Clark was a better run stopper than Michael Boley ever could.

2008? Mitchell was no longer there. Pierce and Blackburn is a wash. Danny Clark is currently out of football.

giantsacks
12-24-2012, 10:18 PM
It shuld be pretty obvious that pf is a goner whether he is fired or accepts a job elsewhere under his schemes we were a constant bottom rankd defense and if jr knows giants history we take pride in defense which is a high priority always has and will be pf is not cutting it .now gilbride he cost us at least 5 gms this year due to his play calling (dal,phi,pitt,atl,bal)i say bmore,atl cuz his gm plan they practiced all week was draw plays/short passing gm vs bottom rankd pass defenses he is getting toooooo predictable and teams kno wat we are doing b4 the snap gimme ya thoughts

Tmurda1984
12-24-2012, 10:21 PM
Sprags will struggle without Strahan and Pierce as leaders and captains. Sprags will not win here with a regressing Webster. But you know what, I hope Sprags do come back....and if Reese keeps the same roster, maybe yall will blame the players and Reese for the meltdown since we resigned our beloved DC.

Cloud57
12-24-2012, 10:21 PM
I agree with you but our DC and OC are going nowhere, no point in discussing it. all we can do is complain.

LT Stands For Greatness
12-24-2012, 10:23 PM
Norv Turner would be a nice choice for OC. DC....not sure. I'd like to see Spags back, but that is probably not likely.

Tmurda1984
12-24-2012, 10:25 PM
Its not Perry Fewell's fault....What do you want from this guy. He can not suit up and play for these guys. If he blitzes Webster is beat over the top. If he relys on a 4 man rush...the QB has 7 seconds to pass the ball. Boley can not cover any1 and Rolle is playing slot corner.....there needs to be a chance. I can not believe we do not have a reliable slot corner on this roster and a reliable cover linebacker. Until Reese trims the fat, and allow his free agent busts to play out there contracts...we will have a lot of holes to fill with inexperienced players and washed up veterans like Keith Rivers, Shaun Rogers, Bennett, Baas lol the list goes on.

laylow28
12-24-2012, 10:36 PM
The only way our DC/OC leaves is if another team hires them.

gmen0820
12-24-2012, 10:41 PM
Sprags will struggle without Strahan and Pierce as leaders and captains. Sprags will not win here with a regressing Webster. But you know what, I hope Sprags do come back....and if Reese keeps the same roster, maybe yall will blame the players and Reese for the meltdown since we resigned our beloved DC.Spags seemed to do pretty well without Strahan in 2008.

Tmurda1984
12-24-2012, 10:48 PM
Spags seemed to do pretty well without Strahan in 2008.

Pierce is gone too....do you think he can send exotic blitzes with Webster regressing and Rolle beating forced to play the slot due to Terrell Thomas injury. If Reese was able to give Fewell 3 solid corners, I think you will see a more aggressive defense. You can not blame Fewell for allowing his front 4 to generate a rush, because they was once regarded as the best front 4 in football. Last year, we had soo many fresh bodies at DE...JPP, Kiwi, Tuck, Osi, and even Tolley. This year Its been JPP, Osi, Tuck...and Kiwi having to play more linebacker due to J. Will injury and Rivers poor play. Kiwi will play more DE when we run the 3 safety look....but KP been injured as well. Adrian Tracy is a joke...he reminds me of Reggie Torbor 2.0.

Cloud57
12-24-2012, 10:52 PM
The only way our DC/OC leaves is if another team hires them.A H.S team wouldn't want them

oldschoolGMEN
12-24-2012, 10:53 PM

I wonder what you guys would be saying if you where a Dallas CowGirl and Eagle fan with Andy Reid being the coach for 14 years with no rings and the Cowgirls with all their Circus of Head Coaches and no rings since the nineties.. Come guys wake up and realize you cannot win every year. The Patriots have not won for a very long time as well. Have the Pats gotten rid of Bellicheck ? Please do not tell me you would rather have a winning season and get in playoffs every year then win Super BOwl Trophies. Does not matter if you are 15- 1 or 16- 0 or 8-8 as long as you get into the playoffs is all that matters. And these Giants have proven multiple times that just get in the playoffs is all that matters..

radar-ray
12-24-2012, 10:57 PM
Someone said yesterday Fewll was Rod Rust and Johnny Lynn comes to mind, Read and react, Giants need to attack and take chances Like Spags D. Sure cant be any worse than last 2 games. That is exactly right. Rod Rust was the mentor of read and react. Rod Rust +Lynn = Fewell. Fewell sucks. The Giants only played great D last year when they were turned loose at the very end of the season into the playoffs.

GMENAGAIN
12-24-2012, 11:05 PM
Spags did a great job in St. Louis and NO . . . . yeah, let's get him back!

radar-ray
12-24-2012, 11:16 PM
Spags did a great job in St. Louis and NO . . . . yeah, let's get him back! Spags had minimal D talent at SL & NO. Rather have him then PF style of D.

Rat_bastich
12-24-2012, 11:20 PM
Spags did a great job in St. Louis and NO . . . . yeah, let's get him back!

Spags is not head coach material...at least to this point. Remember Belichick in his first stint at Cleveland? In New Orleans he walked into a situation that was nothing but chaos. They couldn't figure out who was playing for them and who was going to be coaching. Give him another year. Also, his start at the Giants was rocky as well. When he finally got the players believing in his system they began to perform.

radar-ray
12-24-2012, 11:24 PM
Spags is not head coach material...at least to this point. Remember Belichick in his first stint at Cleveland? In New Orleans he walked into a situation that was nothing but chaos. They couldn't figure out who was playing for them and who was going to be coaching. Give him another year. Also, his start at the Giants was rocky as well. When he finally got the players believing in his system they began to perform.Agree.

Redeyejedi
12-24-2012, 11:39 PM
2008? Mitchell was no longer there. Pierce and Blackburn is a wash. Danny Clark is currently out of football.Pierce was 10 times the linebacker Blackburn is.

Redeyejedi
12-24-2012, 11:47 PM
Pierce is gone too....do you think he can send exotic blitzes with Webster regressing and Rolle beating forced to play the slot due to Terrell Thomas injury. If Reese was able to give Fewell 3 solid corners, I think you will see a more aggressive defense. You can not blame Fewell for allowing his front 4 to generate a rush, because they was once regarded as the best front 4 in football. Last year, we had soo many fresh bodies at DE...JPP, Kiwi, Tuck, Osi, and even Tolley. This year Its been JPP, Osi, Tuck...and Kiwi having to play more linebacker due to J. Will injury and Rivers poor play. Kiwi will play more DE when we run the 3 safety look....but KP been injured as well. Adrian Tracy is a joke...he reminds me of Reggie Torbor 2.0. Your right and for some reason this escapes half the board. . Playing man and blitzing would only further exasperate the Giants problems not help them. U cant send the house when the only safety that can cover the whole field is injured. U cant play man across the board when u have no quality corners. The Defensive end talent that is supposed to drive this defense has completely eroded thats why this defense sucks not the coaches. Put an edge rusher opposite JPP and suddenly things will look much better

gumby74
12-25-2012, 12:01 AM
Your right and for some reason this escapes half the board. . Playing man and blitzing would only further exasperate the Giants problems not help them. U cant send the house when the only safety that can cover the whole field is injured. U cant play man across the board when u have no quality corners. The Defensive end talent that is supposed to drive this defense has completely eroded thats why this defense sucks not the coaches. Put an edge rusher opposite JPP and suddenly things will look much better

I went back and checked Fewell's first year here. Our defense was pretty decent actually. A little worse than what spags did in 2008, but comparable. So i take back my stance. Fewell may not be the problem. I'm still not crazy about his philosophy, but if it works it works.

But it seems like Spags was far less dependent on the front 4 than Fewell is now. And in my mind, putting the basis of your defense onto your front 4 is like putting all your eggs in one basket. Getting pressure with 4 in this league is a luxury. Not many teams in modern times can boast that even. And people act like not getting to the QB with 4 is a problem. It isn't.

A change in philosophy would do us good. A larger margin for error would do us good.

ALLnygIN
12-25-2012, 12:06 AM
I would love it!

bearbryant
12-25-2012, 12:08 AM
The issue is once again, we stop short of fixing all of the real issues. So we fire a DC and everything will be hunky- dory. LOL. First KG saved TC's *** back in 2006 after firing the OC at the time, so eitehr you get rid of all the problems and start fresh. By the way, lets not forget how we got into this position. Even if the coordinators had the ability to do the work, how do you do it with a defense w/o LB's? Ask JR if he'll think about drafting all positions or just a couple of DE's, CB's, late round OL's and a RB and a 230LB. TE?

giantsacks
12-25-2012, 12:10 AM
Agreed on all accounts we playd 4-3 wit sam madison at age 35 and Webster at cb dont get me wrong we had a young tuck and stray was here but jpp is a younger version he wuld be welcomed back with open arms and the players that know his type of play would be glad to come to practice everyday also rub off on the new guys fugg it lets start a bring back spags thread im down

oldsmobile
12-25-2012, 12:13 AM
PF has no game plan !!!! Four linebackers ,wasn't working !!! So you make some changes at half-time . neither PF or Kilbride know how to do that !!!!

oldsmobile
12-25-2012, 12:15 AM
I would like to see Andy Reid !!!!!

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-25-2012, 12:16 AM
Gilbride won't be fired.

what if we coach-napped him and hid him in rodgers12's basement?

oldsmobile
12-25-2012, 12:21 AM
MAN would I love to see what would happen to this team then . "MAD" Mike would get rid of 75% of the defensive players we have now . Starting with the "SUBWAY" man. I still believe Tuck can't see thru the "facemask"on his helmet.

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-25-2012, 12:22 AM
MAN would I love to see what would happen to this team then . "MAD" Mike would get rid of 75% of the defensive players we have now . Starting with the "SUBWAY" man. I still believe Tuck can't see thru the "facemask"on his helmet.

"can't do it"

ShakeandBake
12-25-2012, 12:22 AM
PF has been with this team for two seasons, one of them being a superbowl winning season. I'm willing to give him a pass for this season considering the state of our decimated defense.

titwio
12-25-2012, 12:25 AM
Ever see the Chargers run the 2 min offense? I'm saying Eli would do a better job coaching it to the offense than Norv would.

GMENAGAIN
12-25-2012, 12:26 AM
Spags had minimal D talent at SL & NO. Rather have him then PF style of D.

What talent will he have here?

L.T.56
12-25-2012, 12:29 AM
it would be even more fun to see someone like banks, taylor, or strahan be their d-coordinator. those guys played with heart and intensity that your not seeing right now with this defense.

Cloud57
12-25-2012, 12:32 AM
MAN would I love to see what would happen to this team then . "MAD" Mike would get rid of 75% of the defensive players we have now . Starting with the "SUBWAY" man. I still believe Tuck can't see thru the "facemask"on his helmet.Tuck = Subway man, Cruz = Soup man, Eli = Donut man. lol

laylow28
12-25-2012, 12:53 AM
what if we coach-napped him and hid him in rodgers12's basement? LOL. Celtic Pride style.

Cloud57
12-25-2012, 12:55 AM
what if we coach-napped him and hid him in rodgers12's basement?Hide him in Vick's basement

gmen0820
12-25-2012, 12:56 AM
Pierce is gone too....do you think he can send exotic blitzes with Webster regressing and Rolle beating forced to play the slot due to Terrell Thomas injury. If Reese was able to give Fewell 3 solid corners, I think you will see a more aggressive defense. You can not blame Fewell for allowing his front 4 to generate a rush, because they was once regarded as the best front 4 in football. Last year, we had soo many fresh bodies at DE...JPP, Kiwi, Tuck, Osi, and even Tolley. This year Its been JPP, Osi, Tuck...and Kiwi having to play more linebacker due to J. Will injury and Rivers poor play. Kiwi will play more DE when we run the 3 safety look....but KP been injured as well. Adrian Tracy is a joke...he reminds me of Reggie Torbor 2.0.My point is that when Spags came here in 2007, he was entering a situation eerily similar to what we have going on today. Talent was in question, we got rid of a lot of players, only made a few-far from flashy-signings (Kawika Mitchell), and we went on to win the SB.

Not saying it's a bulletproof formula, but there is a very bright light at the end of the tunnel. Spags did an excellent coaching job in 2007, people like to leave that out because it's easy to forget the ****ty defense that was fielded in 2006, and we just feel that '07 season is the norm.

gmen0820
12-25-2012, 01:03 AM
Agreed on all accounts we playd 4-3 wit sam madison at age 35 and Webster at cb dont get me wrong we had a young tuck and stray was here but jpp is a younger version he wuld be welcomed back with open arms and the players that know his type of play would be glad to come to practice everyday also rub off on the new guys fugg it lets start a bring back spags thread im downLook at our defense after 2006. The situation appeared much more hopeless than it does now. R.W McQuarters was starting opposite Sam Madison. Strahan was old, and possibly not even returning. DTs were weak. Carlos Emmons and Pierce were the heart of our LBer corps. Arrington was a miserable failure. Will Demps was a starter. It. Was. Bad.

JR, Coughlin, and Spags changed all of that. Spags deserves a lot of credit for fixing that mess. Lewis couldn't do it, Sheridan proved he couldn't manage Spags' players (even when JR went out and signed Boley, Canty, and Bernard). Fewell is a good defensive coach, and I've been one of his largest supporters, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over Fewell biting the dust for Spags to return.

gmen0820
12-25-2012, 01:08 AM
Fans here would get just as, if not more, frustrated with Norv Turnover (lol Emmitt Smith) than they do with Gilbride. You want to ***** and moan about runs on 3rd and long (which is a good strategic call)? Well, then this ain't the guy you want.

sharick88
12-25-2012, 01:26 AM
But what happens if he does fire his coordinators? I think someones getting fired. Giants are going to be a completely different team next year. Say what you will about TC but history shows he has a good eye for talent and building teams, Id like him to be here to help rebuild some.

If he fires his coordinators, I am cool with him staying. Simple as that. I'm just thinking that firing him is the only way the coordinators will get dumped.

JPP=BEASTMODE
12-25-2012, 01:49 AM
The team isn't responding and they have appeared to have quit. A new voice next year might go a long way towards future success. Two rings in five years is great, but even the best coaches not named bellichick get tuned out.Be careful what you wish for.

TheShouldersOf
12-25-2012, 02:24 AM
i know what i'm wishing for

nycsportzfan
12-25-2012, 06:29 AM
Obviously a big IF with this team, but if they are to let go of 1 or both corrdinators, what names will u be hoping pop up of interest to GMEN BRASS for interviews for the positons? Heres a list of guys for OC's and DC's i'd be interested in hering the GIANTS interested in..

Offensive Corrdinator canadites i'd like to see us interview..

Jerry Sullivan WR Coach Jaguars- Hes a widley respected coach around the NFL, and has done wonders with Jags recieving unit this yr.. Hes dealt with injuries to guys like Laurent Robinson, but still managed to coach last yr draft pick Cecil Shorts up really well, to where i think hes on his way to being a dangerous reciever wk in and wk out.. Also BLackmon has shown signs of becoming a stud under Sullivans tuteledge.. Larry Fitzgerald campaigned to bring the formerly retired reciever coach to ARIZONA before Jax scooped em up.. Hes older, but even if he was our OC for 3-5yrs, it would cover most of teh rest of the ELI era, which would be fine by me...

Mike Wilson WR Coach Browns- Kinda under the radar guy, but i like what hes done with browns wideouts, especially raw rookie Josh Gordon.. Hes made a unit of no truly high pick Wideouts into a solid unit, and i think hes done well with very little..

Earnest Byner RB Coach Tampa Bay Bucs- i love guys that get stuff outta rookies.. In todays NFL, rooks play pivotal parts in a season weather they need to play right away or becuase of injuries.. Byners done wonders with Doug Martin, and Byner himself was a solid player , who could catch and run... Byner deserves a shot at OC if he wants, and i would be intersted in him getting a interview at least. Hes also got expierence as Director of player development with the Ravens.. Hes coached RB's like Chris Johnson, Maurice Jones Drew, and as i mentioned, Doug Martin.. Could do huge wonders with our Run game and David WIlson in paticular...

Tom Rathman RB Coach 49ers- Heres a guy whos been a wonderful RB coach for the 49ers and again, a former player himself, whos young enough to be hip with the times, and yet seems like a firey guy who can also motivate.. Rathman would be my 2nd pick on this list behind Sullivan...

Anyhow, those are just a few guys i'd consider for a OC positon...

Guys i'd want to be interviewed for DC by GMEN if Fewell is fired..

Pepper Johnson LB Coach Patriots- Obviously hes done great job with Patriots and is a former Big Blue LB who knows how to WIN in NY as a player, and i think his coaching resume is good enough to give a looksy as a DC..

Mark Carrier Secondary Coach Bengals- I love this guy as a player and a coach.. Hes doing great with cincys secondary and also had success with baltimores ravens as secondary coach and hes coached the DLINE with the JETS as well.. This guy should be primed for a DC positon in soon to be future...

Mike Singeltary LB Coach Vikes- I'd be interested in bringing the former great to NY as a DC.. Hes doing well with vikes LB's and outside of dismal HC job with 9ers, hes done well in other coaching aspects.. hes got what it takes to be a firey great DC in my opinion..

Richard Smith LB Coach Broncos- Doing a great job and has DC expiernece with Texans as well.. I think the wiley vet coach might desrve 2nd chance as DC..

my top 2picks would be Pepper Johnson and Mike Singeltary

Rat_bastich
12-25-2012, 06:52 AM
Definitely Singletary and Pepper, and not because they were good players. Pepper has been a coordinator for Belichick for quite some time and has played under his system so he is very familiar with it.

Singletary because as a coordinator he is good and he will light a fire under a player's butt he thinks is dogging it.

Offensive coordinator I'm not sure.

bigjeep
12-25-2012, 07:37 AM

LMFAO! There must be 1000's of posts just like this one over the past 7 years! I think a few are mine!

Redeyejedi
12-25-2012, 08:32 AM
Will Eli be able to adjust without a large drop off ?? ThoughtsDrop off from his play this season he was outplayed by Carson Palmer any further drop off and he wont be even a Top 20 QB

Redeyejedi
12-25-2012, 08:36 AM
Tell me why he should be fired.Because they need a scapegoat. I didnt see anything wrong with the Falcon game except execution . I see most of the criticism from that game about the 2nd half calls but the game was already over at that point.First half the plays were there they just didnt make them. The Baltimore game the problem was the Giants had no answer for the blitzing. Ahmad Bradshaw could not move so he couldnt block,They wont play David Wilson "4 Snaps" , They played Hynoski as the 3rd down back which is just giving up basically. U have to keep 7 guys in to block 5 your not going to move the ball. Thats a talent problem my friend

Die-Hard
12-25-2012, 08:56 AM
If he fires his coordinators, I am cool with him staying. Simple as that. I'm just thinking that firing him is the only way the coordinators will get dumped.

You should prepare to be disappointed. I highly doubt that either of them is going anywhere

Redeyejedi
12-25-2012, 09:16 AM
TC needs to go just because he's on a personal mission to bench every rookie ever. Those 7 points we did get were all on randle and wilson. Both rookies. Yet they can't ever get on the field because of this coachign staff... This has bothered me. Nicks has been hurt all season and hasnt been practicing but plays in the games. He is obviously hindered and he and Eli have zero chemistry. When the other receivers were starting earlier in the year they all played well. The team was probably better off rolling wwith the guys that are practicing with Eli rather then the guy who is playing at 50%.

David Wilson has been the most puzzling. He played 4 snaps against Baltimore . Bradshaw was clearly broken down he couldnt move.Then they even chose to play Hynoski instead at RB on 3rd down instead of Wilson. You are just giving up at that point.Wasnt crazy about the Wilson pick but use him if your going to draft him

IBLeeDBIGBLue78
12-25-2012, 09:23 AM
Wow! Leave it to hasty, pseudo-Giants fans to judge Coughlin before the season even ends! Even if they lose and go 8-8, they STILL have not had a losing season since Coughlin took over in 2004!! Thats 8 straight years of 8-8 or better with 2, NOT JUST ONE, but TWO superbowl championships, and all that comes with it!!! Does anyone realize that there are teams that havent even won a playoff game for years and years?! Im not saying the coaches have no blame in their collapses, but clearly there are key players to be held accountable for this season. And although these late season collapses seem devastating at the time, they make the Superbowl wins that much sweeter. Remember people, this is not baseball where championship teams can be bought...if we lose Coughlin, Manning, or even a guy like Tuck (defensive leader), our chances of getting to another Superbowl become severely diminished. There won't be too many guys out there that can come in and replace any one if those guys!

The_ One
12-25-2012, 09:24 AM
The team isn't responding and they have appeared to have quit. A new voice next year might go a long way towards future success. Two rings in five years is great, but even the best coaches not named bellichick get tuned out.Are you serious, this same coaching staff has won 2 Super Bowls the last 5 years, how many coaching staffs have done this in the NFL recently, kid you need to realise that your team can not win the SB every year, or even make the playoffs, it is not guaranteed. Ask the Jets how they feel about their coaching staff, no Super Bowls since 1969, or the Eagles, Browns, Lions, Dolphins, Titans, Bengals, and the list goes on and on. I have noticed many drama queens on this board recently.

nycsportzfan
12-25-2012, 09:43 AM
Definitely Singletary and Pepper, and not because they were good players. Pepper has been a coordinator for Belichick for quite some time and has played under his system so he is very familiar with it.

Singletary because as a coordinator he is good and he will light a fire under a player's butt he thinks is dogging it.

Offensive coordinator I'm not sure. First off, i thought i started my own thread with that post??lol

But as for ur post, i agree Singeltary i think would make a very good DC with us, and possibly a future HC job after Coughlin retires as well.. He fits that mold of Coughlin coach, and giants could want a similar coaching style with alittle more youth and fire though.. Coughlin obviously used to be very fiery, but hes older now, and that has died quite a bit..

I'd take a chance on Pepper even though hes a coach in a primairly 34, becuase hes smart, and won with the giants before, and being in football so long, defeintly understands the concepts off primary 4/3 and what plays and players should be implemented... Those 2 would be pretty awesome..

U don't think Sullivan would be a good choice? Guys around the league like em and if u got Larry Fitz trying to get u in the door, u must be solid.. lol Also, hes done really well with Jax WR's in my opinion, and that offense is better with him on the staff this yr.. Also, even if he only sticks around 3-5yrs, like i said, thats most of ELI's career, and he'd obviously be a WIN now corrdinator... I think Earnest Byner could do a heck a job as well.. I love explayers as corrdinators... I want my guys to know what it feels like on the field...

nycsportzfan
12-25-2012, 09:46 AM
Wow! Leave it to hasty, pseudo-Giants fans to judge Coughlin before the season even ends! Even if they lose and go 8-8, they STILL have not had a losing season since Coughlin took over in 2004!! Thats 8 straight years of 8-8 or better with 2, NOT JUST ONE, but TWO superbowl championships, and all that comes with it!!! Does anyone realize that there are teams that havent even won a playoff game for years and years?! Im not saying the coaches have no blame in their collapses, but clearly there are key players to be held accountable for this season. And although these late season collapses seem devastating at the time, they make the Superbowl wins that much sweeter. Remember people, this is not baseball where championship teams can be bought...if we lose Coughlin, Manning, or even a guy like Tuck (defensive leader), our chances of getting to another Superbowl become severely diminished. There won't be too many guys out there that can come in and replace any one if those guys! 9-7 is a losing record with this roster, showing there potential with a SB win over mighty pats, in my opinoin, let alone 8-8..

I'm not saying coughlin should go, because hes earned this yr, i suppose, but if he decides to go, id be more excited about the new coach then i would about coughlin retiring.. I'd thank him for what he did though.. He'd go down as my 2nd fave giants coach ever behind bill parcells...

GMENAGAIN
12-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Obviously a big IF with this team, but if they are to let go of 1 or both corrdinators, what names will u be hoping pop up of interest to GMEN BRASS for interviews for the positons? Heres a list of guys for OC's and DC's i'd be interested in hering the GIANTS interested in..

Offensive Corrdinator canadites i'd like to see us interview..

Jerry Sullivan WR Coach Jaguars- Hes a widley respected coach around the NFL, and has done wonders with Jags recieving unit this yr.. Hes dealt with injuries to guys like Laurent Robinson, but still managed to coach last yr draft pick Cecil Shorts up really well, to where i think hes on his way to being a dangerous reciever wk in and wk out.. Also BLackmon has shown signs of becoming a stud under Sullivans tuteledge.. Larry Fitzgerald campaigned to bring the formerly retired reciever coach to ARIZONA before Jax scooped em up.. Hes older, but even if he was our OC for 3-5yrs, it would cover most of teh rest of the ELI era, which would be fine by me...

Mike Wilson WR Coach Browns- Kinda under the radar guy, but i like what hes done with browns wideouts, especially raw rookie Josh Gordon.. Hes made a unit of no truly high pick Wideouts into a solid unit, and i think hes done well with very little..

Earnest Byner RB Coach Tampa Bay Bucs- i love guys that get stuff outta rookies.. In todays NFL, rooks play pivotal parts in a season weather they need to play right away or becuase of injuries.. Byners done wonders with Doug Martin, and Byner himself was a solid player , who could catch and run... Byner deserves a shot at OC if he wants, and i would be intersted in him getting a interview at least. Hes also got expierence as Director of player development with the Ravens.. Hes coached RB's like Chris Johnson, Maurice Jones Drew, and as i mentioned, Doug Martin.. Could do huge wonders with our Run game and David WIlson in paticular...

Tom Rathman RB Coach 49ers- Heres a guy whos been a wonderful RB coach for the 49ers and again, a former player himself, whos young enough to be hip with the times, and yet seems like a firey guy who can also motivate.. Rathman would be my 2nd pick on this list behind Sullivan...

Anyhow, those are just a few guys i'd consider for a OC positon...

Guys i'd want to be interviewed for DC by GMEN if Fewell is fired..

Pepper Johnson LB Coach Patriots- Obviously hes done great job with Patriots and is a former Big Blue LB who knows how to WIN in NY as a player, and i think his coaching resume is good enough to give a looksy as a DC..

Mark Carrier Secondary Coach Bengals- I love this guy as a player and a coach.. Hes doing great with cincys secondary and also had success with baltimores ravens as secondary coach and hes coached the DLINE with the JETS as well.. This guy should be primed for a DC positon in soon to be future...

Mike Singeltary LB Coach Vikes- I'd be interested in bringing the former great to NY as a DC.. Hes doing well with vikes LB's and outside of dismal HC job with 9ers, hes done well in other coaching aspects.. hes got what it takes to be a firey great DC in my opinion..

Richard Smith LB Coach Broncos- Doing a great job and has DC expiernece with Texans as well.. I think the wiley vet coach might desrve 2nd chance as DC..

my top 2picks would be Pepper Johnson and Mike Singeltary

How has Pepper Johnson done a great job with the Pats? Their defense has been god-awful for a few years now.

nycsportzfan
12-25-2012, 10:24 AM
How has Pepper Johnson done a great job with the Pats? Their defense has been god-awful for a few years now. The patriots secondary has been god awful, and he dosen't coach them.. He coached Dline and LB's.. Hes a good coach and done good with that team.. I'd love to have em!

speedman
12-25-2012, 10:45 AM
Are you serious, this same coaching staff has won 2 Super Bowls the last 5 years, how many coaching staffs have done this in the NFL recently, kid you need to realise that your team can not win the SB every year, or even make the playoffs, it is not guaranteed. Ask the Jets how they feel about their coaching staff, no Super Bowls since 1969, or the Eagles, Browns, Lions, Dolphins, Titans, Bengals, and the list goes on and on. I have noticed many drama queens on this board recently. No one thinks the team should win the SB every year. When a team collapses every year something is wrong. They are so inconsistent. That falls on the coaches. They are incapable of making in game adjustments.

FiremanBob
12-25-2012, 10:55 AM
I don't hear anyone talking about Gilbride or Fewell going to another team as a head coach. There is going to be many openings and they have been interviewed before, I'm sure one or both will be gone by their own choice.

appodictic
12-25-2012, 11:17 AM
I mean lets talk about the last game. You can not blame that on fewel, 3 rd and 19 throw into TRIPPLE coverage, and the players can not make it happen? That is all on the players, spags Defence started deflating after Strahan left, then he left and has a track record of not doing well.

gmen0820
12-25-2012, 12:00 PM
spags Defence started deflating after Strahan leftYeah that played a part, but:

-Pierce declined
-Osi was lost for the year
-Kawika Mitchell was gone
-Gibril Wilson was gone
-Cofield needed post-season microfracture surgery (acquired injury during the season)
-Robbins was playing with two casts

appodictic
12-25-2012, 12:04 PM
Yeah that played a part, but:

-Pierce declined
-Osi was lost for the year
-Kawika Mitchell was gone
-Gibril Wilson was gone
-Cofield needed post-season microfracture surgery (acquired injury during the season)
-Robbins was playing with two casts

Yes but since leaving he has a track record of not really doing anything well. Isn't it better we get a new coordinator on the rise then someone who we can't stay for sure is good or bad at this point?

PittGiants
12-25-2012, 12:05 PM
Spags as Head Coach.

jomo
12-25-2012, 12:08 PM
Spags as Head Coach.2 step process would work for me. 1 or 2 years at DC then HC.

RoanokeFan
12-25-2012, 12:15 PM
2 step process would work for me. 1 or 2 years at DC then HC.

Yes, he'd have to prove he's up to it (HC) though. St. Louis didn't work too well and with the Saints he's not having the early success he had here. Love is emotion and attitude and I think he's got a lot of talent.

moosedrool
12-25-2012, 12:22 PM
How many teams have made the playoffs more than the Giants during TC's tenure? VERY FEW.

If you blame the staff and don't realize it is age and injuries you are clueless.

Blueordead
12-25-2012, 12:41 PM
What do you guys think? Maybe fire Reese too and get Polian?

stormblue
12-25-2012, 12:43 PM
How many teams have made the playoffs more than the Giants during TC's tenure? VERY FEW.

If you blame the staff and don't realize it is age and injuries you are clueless.

the ones putting the aged and injured on the field are the ones that are clueless.
who is responsible for carrying contracts and restructuring overpaid , aged , underperforming and injured vets.
who plays them at 50% healthy all year anyway when their back-ups should be at least getting enough playing time to be able
to compete when called upon....or in some cases would actually outperform the starter.

this is a bad part of a philosophy that keeps recurring.

who keeps using the same tired plays and schemes when we have obviously been figured out.
who runs a read and react offense with injured players that never practice.....when timing is essential to such a system.
who blames everything on player execution and motivation as opposed to X's and O's

who has the input as to which players are kept and re-signed or drafted.

who is the one who is one blocked field goal and a helmet catch away from having ZERO rings.

you people have been drinking this staffs kool-aid for so long you think it is Dom Perignon.

Redeyejedi
12-25-2012, 12:43 PM
No 1 is getting fired. Who the hell would want to coach a team the year after they win the Super Bowl they fire the HC who has won 2 of them in 6 seasons after going not 2-14 but 9-7 or 8-8 with the toughest schedule in the NFL

Redeyejedi
12-25-2012, 12:54 PM
I went back and checked Fewell's first year here. Our defense was pretty decent actually. A little worse than what spags did in 2008, but comparable. So i take back my stance. Fewell may not be the problem. I'm still not crazy about his philosophy, but if it works it works.

But it seems like Spags was far less dependent on the front 4 than Fewell is now. And in my mind, putting the basis of your defense onto your front 4 is like putting all your eggs in one basket. Getting pressure with 4 in this league is a luxury. Not many teams in modern times can boast that even. And people act like not getting to the QB with 4 is a problem. It isn't.

A change in philosophy would do us good. A larger margin for error would do us good. Why would u change if the formula has proven to work. The best way to win on defense is to stop the QB. Cornerbacks can only stop 1 guy a defensive lineman can stop all 11 by hitting the QB.

moosedrool
12-25-2012, 12:55 PM
the ones putting the aged and injured on the field are the ones that are clueless..

And you think the guys on the bench are better? LOL. The depth on this team is weak, especially on defense. They put Paysinger (30 snaps) and Herzlich (60 snaps) out there in a four LB set against the Ravens and they were AWFUL.

RoanokeFan
12-25-2012, 12:56 PM
How many of these threads are we going to have?

Rudyy
12-25-2012, 12:58 PM
How many of these threads are we going to have?How many of the "Eli sucks" threads are we going to have?

Cloud57
12-25-2012, 01:02 PM
How many of the "Eli sucks" threads are we going to have?This is what happens when the Giants lose lol

Rudyy
12-25-2012, 01:03 PM
This is what happens when the Giants lose lolI know, but you can't be mad at the coaching threads and be okay with the Eli ones. They both deserve criticism.

RoanokeFan
12-25-2012, 01:41 PM
How many of the "Eli sucks" threads are we going to have?

I meant "get rid of them" threads in general

gmen0820
12-25-2012, 01:42 PM
This thread combination **** is so damn confusing lol

Rudyy
12-25-2012, 01:43 PM
I meant "get rid of them" threads in generalGotcha

GFiP
12-25-2012, 01:52 PM
It's amazing that some people want to keep Coughlin based on 4 games when he's failed in about 6 regular seasons in a row.

gumby74
12-25-2012, 01:53 PM
Why would u change if the formula has proven to work. The best way to win on defense is to stop the QB. Cornerbacks can only stop 1 guy a defensive lineman can stop all 11 by hitting the QB.

Because assuming you can get to the QB consistently with 4 is a big risk. Pass rushing linemen are a premium and cost a butt load of $$$ - leaving the rest of your defense seriously exposed. It's much safer, and much cheaper to scheme around the personnel that you have and to utilize "average" talent all around. It's easier to have a backup plan for your average player. It's easier to find substitutes for your average player. Sure, when everyone is playing as expected and there are no injuries, stuff works out - i.e. our SB wins when we it all came together at the right time. But how often does it work out that way?

I'm not a fan of a feast or famine type style of play - which is how our offense tends to work also.

RoanokeFan
12-25-2012, 02:02 PM
It's amazing that some people want to keep Coughlin based on 4 games when he's failed in about 6 regular seasons in a row.

How many losing seasons has he had here?

GMENAGAIN
12-25-2012, 02:05 PM

What is amazing is this post.

stormblue
12-25-2012, 02:11 PM
And you think the guys on the bench are better? LOL. The depth on this team is weak, especially on defense. They put Paysinger (30 snaps) and Herzlich (60 snaps) out there in a four LB set against the Ravens and they were AWFUL.

yes ...but
that was a 4 linebacker set to stop Rice......obviously didn't work.

but you have to ask yourself..''Why do our linebackers suck so bad that 4 of them can't contain a RB."

because the powers that be refuse to address that problem .
this regime has been here almost 9 yrs.......long enough to find at least one stud...you would think.

the key to a 4-3 starts with kick-*** LB's.
there are good defenses without a real prevalent pass rush.
there are good defenses that have only mediocre corners.
there are good defenses that have so-so safeties.

name me one good defense in this league that doesn't have good LB's.

then name a team that has about the worst compilation of
can't cover, can't sack the QB, can't stop the run, can't maintain gap responsibility, and can't tackle ,
and wait for the RB to get to the second level instead of fighting off a block and nailing them at the top of the lane.

can you name a team like that ?

stormblue
12-25-2012, 02:16 PM
if you have lousy LB's you can't stop the run.
if you can't stop the run ....you will have a lousy defense.

moosedrool
12-25-2012, 02:37 PM
name me one good defense in this league that doesn't have good LB's.

The Giants team last year that won the super bowl. Look, I grew up with LT, Banks, Carson, Pepper, Van Pelt, Reasons. I want dominating LB's. But what was proved last year is if you have a dominating front 4, you can win with medioce LB's and DB's. It's not the DC. It's not the scheme. It's the front 4.

speedman
12-25-2012, 02:40 PM
How many losing seasons has he had here?How many seasons has he had better than 9 - 7 in his 9 years here. If you want to be mediocre then keep him.

L.T.56
12-25-2012, 02:42 PM
this is more on the play calling and some of the players efforts than it is coughlin. when you have linebackers that don't know how to tackle then your going to have problems against the run.

Kez Simpson
12-25-2012, 02:45 PM
How many seasons has he had better than 9 - 7 in his 9 years here. If you want to be mediocre then keep him.

2 superbowls in 9 years is mediocre, are you being serious right now? Take off the clown nose.

stormblue
12-25-2012, 02:53 PM
The Giants team last year that won the super bowl. Look, I grew up with LT, Banks, Carson, Pepper, Van Pelt, Reasons. I want dominating LB's. But what was proved last year is if you have a dominating front 4, you can win with medioce LB's and DB's. It's not the DC. It's not the scheme. It's the front 4.

well , then i guess we'll just disagree ,,, such is life.

FlyingTruck
12-25-2012, 03:26 PM
They won the Super Bowl last year! Bellichick hasn't won since 04, just need a purging that'll jolt some these vets. Ridiculous lot all of them on defense, no guts, pride less bunch.True, so TC can stay. But we need new coordinators.

SuperNYGiants
12-25-2012, 03:27 PM
It's the moronic DC's inability to adjust after keep seeing his front 4 not applying pressure that is the problem. You can't keep playing sit and react defense and expect to be successful without the pass rush, you have to be more aggressive and force mistakes. Fewell deserves the bulk of the blame.

moosedrool
12-25-2012, 04:06 PM
It's the moronic DC's inability to adjust after keep seeing his front 4 not applying pressure that is the problem. You can't keep playing sit and react defense and expect to be successful without the pass rush, you have to be more aggressive and force mistakes. Fewell deserves the bulk of the blame.

So you call Herzlich playing 60 snaps and Paysinger 30 snaps not adjusting? You probably didn't even notice it! The defense stinks because of injury, age, and lack of talent.

sharick88
12-25-2012, 04:22 PM
LMFAO! There must be 1000's of posts just like this one over the past 7 years! I think a few are mine!

You need to trademark your posts, Bigjeep. I had no idea. LOL

sharick88
12-25-2012, 04:24 PM
You should prepare to be disappointed. I highly doubt that either of them is going anywhere

And that, my friend, would suck.

sharick88
12-25-2012, 04:26 PM
Are you serious, this same coaching staff has won 2 Super Bowls the last 5 years, how many coaching staffs have done this in the NFL recently, kid you need to realise that your team can not win the SB every year, or even make the playoffs, it is not guaranteed. Ask the Jets how they feel about their coaching staff, no Super Bowls since 1969, or the Eagles, Browns, Lions, Dolphins, Titans, Bengals, and the list goes on and on. I have noticed many drama queens on this board recently.

The overall success has been great, but what have they done for us lately? Lately, they have been smoked 67-14 in do or die games having full control of their destiny. Explain to me why that is worthy for either coordinator to keep their job? In sales, you could be the man in one month and about to get fired the next if you can't close.

greenca190
12-25-2012, 04:43 PM
i want mike nolan as a head coach

GMENAGAIN
12-25-2012, 10:06 PM

The Giants defense wash't good last year.