PDA

View Full Version : The team let Eli down today (In this particular game only)

Marvelousmik
12-23-2012, 07:53 PM
​I'm usually very critical of Eli but for good reason. However, this is one of those games where you cant blame the guy. he has no one open, guys are dropping passes and he has no time to throw. This is why there is no such thing as 1 person carrying a team in football. In order to win your team has to play good or else its impossible.

This one is over, however maybe next week Dallas, Chicago, Minnesota and who ever needs to lose loses and we can get in. A guy can dream can he?

the players Let Eli down today. Im going to head to the park to jog this one off. let me know how you guys feel.

edit:

I worded the original post a little wrong. I am not trying to make excuses for ELi and i dont want anyone to think that i am. Today He didnt play good. The point of this thread is to let everyone know that in my opinion, our problems on offense were mostly due to the offensive line and the receivers for this particular game, and this game only.

Last week and the weeks before were a different story. Eli has had an off year and throughout his career he has always been inconsistent. he played horrible last week and i too am tired of the constant excuses. Every week there is an excuse for Eli so i understand some of your frustration and i think it is justified.

But in this particular game it felt like hixon was the only one who played with heart. i watched at least 6 different games today. You cant expect the ball to be thrown perfectly on every play. Sometimes you need to win the 1v1 battle and make a play. Today the ravens were the better team and won the 1v1 battle. If you look at a lot of the passes flaco threw you'd see that there were pretty tight coverage on a lot of those completions. There Receivers were just able to make plays. All flaco did was throw up passes toward corey webster. Give credit to the ravens.

Overdrive92
12-23-2012, 07:53 PM
Eli was awful just like everyone else.

I don't wanna' hear excuses for anyone today.

giantsfan420
12-23-2012, 07:56 PM
Today?? Try half the season. It just hasnt been this blatant. Ive rewatched every loss a few times. Its evident. Watcg the losses again...

Rudyy
12-23-2012, 07:58 PM

I don't wanna' hear excuses for anyone today.He's not saying Eli wasn't awful.
He's saying that he's usually critical of Eli's gameplay but today the team did nothing to help him..
He wasn't good either but really, what help did he get?

Also, good post Marv. This team needs a reality check.

GiantWarfare
12-23-2012, 07:58 PM
LMAO. Eli has sucked just the same with every other player on this pathetic offense.

Ruttiger711
12-23-2012, 08:00 PM
Eli, the WR's and RB'S has zero chance today with the line play. Completely outmatched.

jgrangers11
12-23-2012, 08:01 PM

The quarterback requires as much help as anybody. We like to glorify the position, but the QB is at the mercy of the players around him as much as anyone. When you get no blocking, when your receivers aren't open it becomes very difficult to play the position. Eli has had a player in his face almost every time he's dropped back today. No QB, especially in an offense like this, will have success that way.

Rusty192
12-23-2012, 08:03 PM
The quarterback requires as much help as anybody. We like to glorify the position, but the QB is at the mercy of the players around him as much as anyone. When you get no blocking, when your receivers aren't open it becomes very difficult to play the position. Eli has had a player in his face almost every time he's dropped back today. No QB, especially in an offense like this, will have success that way.Don't bother with the idiots.

Overdrive92
12-23-2012, 08:04 PM
The quarterback requires as much help as anybody. We like to glorify the position, but the QB is at the mercy of the players around him as much as anyone. When you get no blocking, when your receivers aren't open it becomes very difficult to play the position. Eli has had a player in his face almost every time he's dropped back today. No QB, especially in an offense like this, will have success that way.

EVERYBODY SUCKED! That's the point! It was a collective sucking effort!

Rudyy
12-23-2012, 08:04 PM
Do some of you guys read?

Buddy333
12-23-2012, 08:05 PM
Lol. Is this serious?

BuffyBlueII
12-23-2012, 08:07 PM
This was a horrible game all the way around Eli missed open receivers and underthrew receivers numerous times. Our offensive line was awful. Our defense was awful. We were awful all the way around.

Hooligans
12-23-2012, 08:09 PM
I'm usually very critical of Eli but for good reason. However, this is one of those games where you cant blame the guy. he has no one open, guys are dropping passes and he has no time to throw. This is why there is no such thing as 1 person carrying a team in football. In order to win your team has to play good or else its impossible.

This one is over, however maybe next week Dallas, Chicago, Minnesota and who ever needs to lose loses and we can get in. A guy can dream can he?

the players Let Eli down today. Im going to head to the park to jog this one off. let me know how you guys feel.

Eli looks horrible.....along with the rest of these posers on the Giants.

Harooni
12-23-2012, 08:10 PM
eli gets a pass no one else, seems to be a theme around here. they all gave up period.

Marvelousmik
12-23-2012, 08:16 PM

exactly. This is why its foolish to say things like "eli carried the team" or Eli had no help he did it on his own and bailed the team out. Thats impossible. To all the people who like saying things like that, take a good look at this game. this is a good example of what it would be like if the the whole team really played garbage. it would be impossible to win. Eli has always had trouble with the deep ball and he did miss a few times but the receivers need to make a play. Flaco is throwing the ball up to tory smith and he is making plays. Our receivers arent.

The team played bad, but Eli was not the problem this game. Im watching receivers limp and jog their routes. Cruz got injured on one play and stayed in the game only to run a half effort route. Same goes for bradshaw. If you're injured then get out and give guys a chance who will give it 100%.

Ill be back in an hour and a half.

giantsfan420
12-23-2012, 08:17 PM
The quarterback requires as much help as anybody. We like to glorify the position, but the QB is at the mercy of the players around him as much as anyone. When you get no blocking, when your receivers aren't open it becomes very difficult to play the position. Eli has had a player in his face almost every time he's dropped back today. No QB, especially in an offense like this, will have success that way.this has been plaguing us all season

Rudyy
12-23-2012, 08:18 PM
exactly. This is why its foolish to say things like "eli carried the team" or Eli had no help he did it on his own and bailed the team out. Thats impossible. To all the people who like saying things like that, take a good look at this game. this is a good example of what it would be like if the the whole team really played garbage. it would be impossible to win. Eli has always had trouble with the deep ball and he did miss a few times but the receivers need to make a play. Flaco is throwing the ball up to tory smith and he is making plays. Our receivers arent.

The team played bad, but Eli was not the problem this game. Im watching receivers limp and jog their routes. Cruz got injured on one play and stayed in the game only to run a half effort route. Same goes for bradshaw. If you're injured then get out and give guys a chance who will give it 100%.

Ill be back in an hour and a half.Unfortuantely, nobody is going to read this and they will come up with their own conclusions.

giantsfan420
12-23-2012, 08:18 PM

Ill be back in an hour and a half.i agree with everything except ur analysis of eli and the deep passes. Hes one of the best in the game at it statistically and even aikman said it today. Just no help from anyone

TheAnalyst
12-23-2012, 08:29 PM
Are you kidding me? Eli sucked again today. Even his big yard plays were horrible decisions. The chuck and duck to Randle he didnt even see where he was throwing. Randle made that play, as Nicks and Cruz do most the time. Eli is a joke right now and I cant defend him anymore. Mediocre QB at best with great spirts, but idiotic tendencies even after his 9th season.

FBomb
12-23-2012, 08:30 PM

THIS...no excuses. This team sucked on every level.

TheAnalyst
12-23-2012, 08:31 PM
i agree with everything except ur analysis of eli and the deep passes. Hes one of the best in the game at it statistically and even aikman said it today. Just no help from anyone

He had nothing to do with the Randle play. I could of thrown that ball up for grabs too and prayed Randle saw it and went back to it and jumped and caught it. Not Eli at all. Duck and chuck and close my eyes. Yet counts as a "good deep pass stat" for Eli.

DarkSaint
12-23-2012, 08:35 PM
Eli got hit on that throw to Randle. Its amazing he was putting the ball for the receivers to be able to make the play because he was getting hit on every drop back.

RoanokeFan
12-23-2012, 08:35 PM
I'm usually very critical of Eli but for good reason. However, this is one of those games where you cant blame the guy. he has no one open, guys are dropping passes and he has no time to throw. This is why there is no such thing as 1 person carrying a team in football. In order to win your team has to play good or else its impossible.

Eli has been off most of this season. Today was not any different. YES, everyone sucked, but that includes ELi

RoanokeFan
12-23-2012, 08:37 PM
i agree with everything except ur analysis of eli and the deep passes. Hes one of the best in the game at it statistically and even aikman said it today. Just no help from anyone

Hixon had the defenders beat at least twice and Eli didn't throw it far enough. Maybe he's hurt, or maybe he's peaked or whatever. NO ONE gets a pass when they suck this bad.

RoanokeFan
12-23-2012, 08:38 PM
THIS...no excuses. This team sucked on every level.

Including the parking garage and atrium

I Hate T.O.

I agree about Eli...at least he tried...

giantsfan420
Eli has been off most of this season. Today was not any different. YES, everyone sucked, but that includes ELihow do u expect eli to perform when everyones sucking is my question to u. He cant run, block or catch for the other guys. His off year, imo, is a direct result of kg not putting the offense in positions to succeed. Our success has come in spite of him...smfh.

Jtuck
12-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Are you kidding me? Eli sucked again today. Even his big yard plays were horrible decisions. The chuck and duck to Randle he didnt even see where he was throwing. Randle made that play, as Nicks and Cruz do most the time. Eli is a joke right now and I cant defend him anymore. Mediocre QB at best with great spirts, but idiotic tendencies even after his 9th season.

This^^^^^^!! Especially that last sentence!

FBomb
12-23-2012, 08:40 PM
Including the parking garage and atrium

I think we should trade up in the draft to get better stadium workers!!

giantsfan420
12-23-2012, 08:42 PM
Hixon had the defenders beat at least twice and Eli didn't throw it far enough. Maybe he's hurt, or maybe he's peaked or whatever. NO ONE gets a pass when they suck this bad.one pass was underthrown imo and it still hit hixon in the chest. That pi one, hixon did his typical turn around and field it like a punt for some reason like hes done all yr. Notice how hixon turns around and then has toto dive backwards, smh, hes done this repeatedly when he should catch it over his shoulder or time the jump. Turning ur back to the endzone on that pi pass is what went wrong there, not elis pass. Besides i know he sucked . But last year and half of this year, eli had attempted more passes of 20 yds or more and was statistically the best at it

TrueBlue10
Eli and Wilson were the only ones who played not-horrible today. It isn't Eli's fault his receivers couldn't get open or catch, and it isn't Eli or Wilson's fault that the O-line couldn't block anyone.

DarkSaint
That pass to Randle was a 43 yard completion while getting hit 5-10 yards behind the line of scrimmage. The ball travelled 48-53 yards in the air. That's enough arm strength. There were alot alot of dropped passes and I don't know what happened to nicks. Gilbride can never make the adjustments to cover for a weak offensive line. Bradshaw can't pass block anymore so he shouldn't be playing but why do we need our rb to block better than our tackles? Smh

Harooni
12-23-2012, 08:43 PM
im so tired of the poor eli excuses. eli is the only one blah blah blah.

makes me barf
he had a stinky year along with many others. not elite and i dont want to hear the bs excuses

RoanokeFan
12-23-2012, 08:44 PM
I think we should trade up in the draft to get better stadium workers!!

How could it hurt?

RoanokeFan
12-23-2012, 08:44 PM
im so tired of the poor eli excuses. eli is the only one blah blah blah.

makes me barf
he had a stinky year along with many others. not elite and i dont want to hear the bs excuses

What do you mean he's not elite?

Harooni
12-23-2012, 08:46 PM
What do you mean he's not elite? lol not now Roa . im heated this team quit a few weeks ago they want a vacation.

RoanokeFan
12-23-2012, 08:46 PM
how do u expect eli to perform when everyones sucking is my question to u. He cant run, block or catch for the other guys. His off year, imo, is a direct result of kg not putting the offense in positions to succeed. Our success has come in spite of him...smfh.

I hate to say this, but that's what you expect from an "elite" player. I said everyone sucked and Eli was among them.

RoanokeFan
12-23-2012, 08:47 PM
lol not now Roa . im heated this team quit a few weeks ago they want a vacation.

Merry Christmas, my friend

Harooni
12-23-2012, 08:48 PM
Merry Christmas, my friend you too and your fam. all the best.

krankeybluechick
12-23-2012, 08:49 PM

Is the "chuck and duck" the only phrase you can come up with in every post you make?????? So you don't like Eli, fine, but you are a fool to call him mediocre, we have 2 super bowl wins with him at the helm.

Harooni
12-23-2012, 08:50 PM
I got news for you Eli excusers , take a look at next years cap mess if you think we can upgrade the D think again.

Roosevelt
how do u expect eli to perform when everyones sucking is my question to u. He cant run, block or catch for the other guys. His off year, imo, is a direct result of kg not putting the offense in positions to succeed. Our success has come in spite of him...smfh.

Please. Eli has not been really sharp in 2 months.

brad
I hate to say this, but that's what you expect from an "elite" player. I said everyone sucked and Eli was among them.

+1

giantsfan420
12-23-2012, 08:51 PM
I hate to say this, but that's what you expect from an "elite" player. I said everyone sucked and Eli was among them.yes or no, if brady was dropping back in the giants uniform instead of eli, do things magically change today??

Ruttiger711
12-23-2012, 08:51 PM
Yeah I sure wish we had Ben so at least there wouldn't be a debate that it was the qb who single handedly lost the season.

DarkSaint
12-23-2012, 08:52 PM
I hate to say this, but that's what you expect from an "elite" player. I said everyone sucked and Eli was among them. nicks dropped a back shoulder throw, Bennett dropped a deep pass through his hands, even the "bad" throw between 2 defenders hit hixon on his stomach. I agree the numbers aren't elite, but you can't expect anyone to be elite when no one is open and getting hit/ hurried/knocked down/sacked on 80% of your dropbacks.

jgrangers11
12-23-2012, 08:52 PM

I don't expect that at all from anyone. No quarterback, no matter how good, will succeed if the players around him don't play well. Watch the Packers and Patriots and see the kind of offense that those teams run. Lots of quick throws, players always wide open. This offense requires time for routes to develop and when your O-line can't protect your QB, that's not going to work.

egyptian420
12-23-2012, 08:53 PM
This team let down a guy getting paid 20 mill? I'm sorry but this team let down its fans. The ones who aren't millionaires but spend their hard earned money to put money in the pockets of people who flat out don't even deserve a penny at this point. They let down the people paying millions of $ to Webster. They let down the people watching them for decades and have to see this garbage at Christmas time. I'm supposed to feel pity for Eli? What a joke...

giantsfan420
12-23-2012, 08:53 PM
Ds and jg r right

Rudyy
12-23-2012, 08:54 PM
I don't expect that at all from anyone. No quarterback, no matter how good, will succeed if the players around him don't play well. Watch the Packers and Patriots and see the kind of offense that those teams run. Lots of quick throws, players always wide open. This offense requires time for routes to develop and when your O-line can't protect your QB, that's not going to work.​Eli is the savior of this team. HE IS A WIDE RECEIVER, RUNNING BACK, COACH, AND QUARTERBACK. HE MUST DO ALL!

giantsfan420
12-23-2012, 08:55 PM
​Eli is the savior of this team. HE IS A WIDE RECEIVER, RUNNING BACK, COACH, AND QUARTERBACK. HE MUST DO ALL! rudy, dont be an eli excuser! Lmfao. Hopefully eli can work with buddy this offseason and really improve his defensive play lmfao

krankeybluechick
12-23-2012, 08:55 PM
I got news for you Eli excusers , take a look at next years cap mess if you think we can upgrade the D think again.

What makes you think he won't restructure his contract??? I know you hate him but your reaching now!

giantsfan420
12-23-2012, 08:57 PM
Lol. Of course, its eli fault our caps a mess. Everything else is his fault lmfao. Blocking catdhing tackling, all on eli smfh

giantsfan420
12-23-2012, 08:58 PM
And funny no one wants to answer this question. Harooni, suppose we could magically go back to the start of the game and swap brady with eli. U think the game would be different if it was brady dropping back?

Rudyy
12-23-2012, 09:00 PM
Look, Eli isn't playing well. Anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.
But he can only do so much as the people around him, that's all I'm going to say in this thread unless someone responds.

gmen0820
12-23-2012, 09:00 PM
Rudy in one thread:

exactly. This is why its foolish to say things like "eli carried the team" or Eli had no help he did it on his own and bailed the team out. Thats impossible. To all the people who like saying things like that, take a good look at this game. this is a good example of what it would be like if the the whole team really played garbage. it would be impossible to win...........

Unfortuantely, nobody is going to read this and they will come up with their own conclusions.

Rudy in another thread:

Okay, so then you are admitting that Eli didn't carry the team last year? Right?

He did but you can't expect him to carry the team every single year.

gmen0820
12-23-2012, 09:01 PM
Look, Eli isn't playing well. Anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.
But he can only do so much as the people around him, that's all I'm going to say in this thread unless someone responds.So then how do you claim that he "carried the team" last? And by "you", I specifically mean you, and how you said it in the other thread.

TrueBlue10
12-23-2012, 09:24 PM
Oh Harooni ... years of evidence and you've learned nothing. =\ Keep hope alive, little guy... Tiki might get to cover a tractor pull or something!

Harooni
12-23-2012, 09:29 PM
And funny no one wants to answer this question. Harooni, suppose we could magically go back to the start of the game and swap brady with eli. U think the game would be different if it was brady dropping back? i never thought we needed a "franchise qb" we could have paid a game manager 2-4mill a season and built up our D and running game

Rudyy
12-23-2012, 09:29 PM
I actually didn't comment on what he said, but everyone is giving him a hard time on here and I basically stated nobody is going to read that and they will come to their own conclusions. I probably shouldn't have quoted THAT passage but yeah.

And I stand by what I said about him not being able to carry the team every year.

RoanokeFan
12-23-2012, 09:30 PM
I don't expect that at all from anyone. No quarterback, no matter how good, will succeed if the players around him don't play well. Watch the Packers and Patriots and see the kind of offense that those teams run. Lots of quick throws, players always wide open. This offense requires time for routes to develop and when your O-line can't protect your QB, that's not going to work.

But when things were going well, the theme was "Eli makes them look good." It's not all on Eli or any one other one player or coach.

Roosevelt
12-23-2012, 09:31 PM
I actually didn't comment on what he said, but everyone is giving him a hard time on here and I basically stated nobody is going to read that and they will come to their own conclusions. I probably shouldn't have quoted THAT passage but yeah.

And I stand by what I said about him not being able to carry the team every year.

Of course but he's had only one great season. Let's keep it real.

Rudyy
12-23-2012, 09:31 PM
So then how do you claim that he "carried the team" last? And by "you", I specifically mean you, and how you said it in the other thread.What is it that you don't understand? Yes, he did carry the team last year. By carry, I mean winning us games in the 4th quarter when our defense was giving up touchdowns. This year? Not the same case. Eli and the receivers are so off, we can barely score touchdowns anymore due to injuries, execution, play calling etc. Yes I'm frustrated with him, of course I am. 21 touchdowns and 15 ints is not good. But if you are expecting him to have those 4th quarter comebacks, think again. We are not the same team and he's not the same player as last year.

Rudyy
12-23-2012, 09:32 PM
Of course but he's had had only one great season. Let's keep it real.Eh that's a different discussion.

brad
12-23-2012, 09:35 PM
What is it that you don't understand? Yes, he did carry the team last year. By carry, I mean winning us games in the 4th quarter when our defense was giving up touchdowns. This year? Not the same case. Eli and the receivers are so off, we can barely score touchdowns anymore due to injuries, execution, play calling etc. Yes I'm frustrated with him, of course I am. 21 touchdowns and 15 ints is not good. But if you are expecting him to have those 4th quarter comebacks, think again. We are not the same team and he's not the same player as last year.

Well said

jgrangers11
But when things were going well, the theme was "Eli makes them look good." It's not all on Eli or anyone other one player or coach.

And I always thought that was ridiculous. Quarterbacks get both too much credit and too much blame for my liking. In general, the football community has allowed us to get to a point where we equate an offense to its quarterback. Football is the ultimate team sport and requires 11 players working together, not one guy making everybody else look good.

primetime
The TEAM let the fans down

ashleymarie
12-23-2012, 09:40 PM
What is it that you don't understand? Yes, he did carry the team last year. By carry, I mean winning us games in the 4th quarter when our defense was giving up touchdowns. This year? Not the same case. Eli and the receivers are so off, we can barely score touchdowns anymore due to injuries, execution, play calling etc. Yes I'm frustrated with him, of course I am. 21 touchdowns and 15 ints is not good. But if you are expecting him to have those 4th quarter comebacks, think again. We are not the same team and he's not the same player as last year.

Good post Rudy.

Sarcasman
12-23-2012, 09:41 PM
i never thought we needed a "franchise qb" we could have paid a game manager 2-4mill a season and built up our D and running game

I agree. We definitely could have done that and we would be damn glad with the pretty darn good play and mediocre results with no championships that it would have gotten us.

And we'd be damn grateful for it...damn grateful. It's worked out great for the Jets.

RoanokeFan
12-23-2012, 09:42 PM
And I always thought that was ridiculous. Quarterbacks get both too much credit and too much blame for my liking. In general, the football community has allowed us to get to a point where we equate an offense to its quarterback. Football is the ultimate team sport and requires 11 players working together, not one guy making everybody else look good.

Probably their salaries play into that

Marvelousmik
12-23-2012, 09:43 PM

For once lets talk football without bringing up stats. We've had the stats discussion before and i remember telling you i judge play by just watching the tape. The hail mary to nicks in the playoffs and the deep ball to randel today will probably go down nicely in the stat book for Eli's deep passes. However, it doesnt necessarily mean those were good or accurate passes. And i think that has been one of his problems over the years. He rarely hits guys in stride on the bomb. The ball is sometimes overthrow but usually severely under thrown the majority of the time.

Marvelousmik
I worded the original post a little wrong. I am not trying to make excuses for ELi. Today He didnt play good. The point of this thread is to let everyone know that in my opinion, our problems on offense were mostly due to the offensive line and the receivers for this particular game, and this game only.

Last week and the weeks before were a different story. Eli has had an off year and throughout his career he has always been inconsistent. he played horrible last week and i too am tired of the constant excuses. Every week there is an excuse for Eli so i understand some of your frustration and i think it is justified.

But in this particular game it felt like hixon was the only one who played with heart. i watched at least 6 different games today. You cant expect the ball to be thrown perfectly on every play. Sometimes you need to win the 1v1 battle and make a play. Today the ravens were the better team and won the 1v1 battle. If you look at a lot of the passes flaco threw you'd see that there were pretty tight coverage on a lot of those completions. There Receivers were just able to make plays. All flaco did was throw up passes toward corey webster. Give credit to the ravens.

Harooni
I agree. We definitely could have done that and we would be damn glad with the pretty darn good play and mediocre results with no championships that it would have gotten us.

And we'd be damn grateful for it...damn grateful. It's worked out great for the Jets. lol they have the sanchise. but who is to say we couldnt have won a sb with a good game manager??? a lot of you seem to forget how we won, by holding brady to 18 points not because our offense unloaded 30 burgers.

gmen0820
What is it that you don't understand? Yes, he did carry the team last year. By carry, I mean winning us games in the 4th quarter when our defense was giving up touchdowns. This year? Not the same case. Eli and the receivers are so off, we can barely score touchdowns anymore due to injuries, execution, play calling etc. Yes I'm frustrated with him, of course I am. 21 touchdowns and 15 ints is not good. But if you are expecting him to have those 4th quarter comebacks, think again. We are not the same team and he's not the same player as last year.It's that you claim he carried the team last year, but this year you are blaming the talent around him, and not directing any blame towards Eli until you get called on it.

Then it's: Eli isn't playing that good either, *but* [insert other unit of blame here].

Rudyy
12-23-2012, 09:44 PM
It's that you claim he carried the team last year, but this year you are blaming the talent around him, and not directing any blame towards Eli until you get called on it.

Then it's: Eli isn't playing that good either, *but* [insert other unit of blame here].Clearly you haven't read any of my other posts as I've always said that Eli doesn't get a pass.

dbreiden83080
12-23-2012, 09:47 PM

And he was supposed to do what out there today? He got hit like 15 times, had very little time to throw and nobody open. Has Cruz does anything the last 4 weeks of the season? Has Bennett done anything most of the year?

gmen0820
12-23-2012, 09:48 PM
Clearly you haven't read any of my other posts as I've always said that Eli doesn't get a pass.Which I clearly addressed when I said:

Then it's: Eli isn't playing that good either, *but* [insert other unit of blame here].

dbreiden83080
12-23-2012, 09:48 PM
Eli, the WR's and RB'S has zero chance today with the line play. Completely outmatched.

Pretty much this.. But the so called fans want Eli to make a productive decision with 2 seconds to throw every possession...

Marvelousmik
12-23-2012, 09:49 PM
The TEAM let the fans down

+1 i agree with this also.

Rudyy
12-23-2012, 09:50 PM
Which I clearly addressed when I said:

Oh and I'm not "blaming" the talent around him. I'm saying they are not the same players, Eli included. If Eli is having a down year (as many on here have stated) why are you expecting him to play lights out?

If some of you don't think he's elite in the first place, why are you expecting him to play elite?

Redeyejedi
12-23-2012, 09:50 PM
LMAO. Eli has sucked just the same with every other player on this pathetic offense.Except Eli is the guy making 20 million and makes it harder to add quality players. his job is to raise the rest of the O's play and he doesnt

gmen0820
12-23-2012, 09:51 PM
He wasn't good either but really, what help did he get?Example of what I claimed. Yeah, you address Eli's struggles, but you make it a point to criticize EVERYONE else as well. Yet, when you criticize someone like Gilbride, you'd never say something like:

Yeah Gilbride called a bad play, but man the execution is poor, and Eli is missing throws, and Nicks isn't healthy, and blah blah blah.

Sarcasman
12-23-2012, 09:52 PM
lol they have the sanchise. but who is to say we couldnt have won a sb with a good game manager??? a lot of you seem to forget how we won, by holding brady to 18 points not because our offense unloaded 30 burgers.

A lot of you seem to forget that we won with balance and with each unit holding up their end of the bargain, not by one unit carrying the other...

As far as whether a game manager would have or could have won a championship with the Giants over the past few years it's impossible to say since if you change the QB style you'd also change the players you draft to play with him and winning a championship is many games not one game

You can't oversimplify it like that. Well, you can actually but at that point we're just smoking joints and throwing theories around in a room where our bad ideas likely won't hurt anybody

Marvelousmik
12-23-2012, 09:53 PM
Example of what I claimed. Yeah, you address Eli's struggles, but you make it a point to criticize EVERYONE else as well. Yet, when you criticize someone like Gilbride, you'd never say something like:

Yeah Gilbride called a bad play, but man the execution is poor, and Eli is missing throws, and Nicks isn't healthy, and blah blah blah.

+1 Lol this is true..

But it think if anything, today its pretty obvious that the players need to take a lot of the blame. I doubt many people would give the players much of a pass now. or at least for this game.

Sarcasman
12-23-2012, 09:54 PM
Except Eli is the guy making 20 million and makes it harder to add quality players. his job is to raise the rest of the O's play and he doesnt

Eli is paid appropriately for his relative ranking and performance amongst his positional peers in the league.

Rudyy
12-23-2012, 09:54 PM
Example of what I claimed. Yeah, you address Eli's struggles, but you make it a point to criticize EVERYONE else as well. Yet, when you criticize someone like Gilbride, you'd never say something like:

Yeah Gilbride called a bad play, but man the execution is poor, and Eli is missing throws, and Nicks isn't healthy, and blah blah blah.Yeah..this goes back to me stating you clearly haven't seen my other posts because I've said that.
But because we are talking about THIS particular game, what help did he get..seriously?

Oh and you can execute bad play calls..

gmen0820
12-23-2012, 09:55 PM
Except Eli is the guy making 20 million and makes it harder to add quality players. his job is to raise the rest of the O's play and he doesntEli has proven that he is capable of doing it (raising the level of play of others), specifically last year. This year, he isn't doing it, and that's the BIGGEST reason we aren't making the playoffs. Except, now everyone wants to blame other units for our struggles. We have the formula, and it involves a heavy dosage of Eli dominance, and we pay him accordingly.

Harooni
12-23-2012, 09:58 PM
Eli is paid appropriately for his relative ranking and performance amongst his positional peers in the league. i disagree , eli was being paid based on being the first pick in the draft and has made more than 40mil more than big ben over that span.Elis rookie contract alone was 50mil and you can argue the sb's and that ok its a valid point. but Eli has always gotten top QB money more than many of his peers.

DarkSaint
12-23-2012, 09:59 PM
Except Eli is the guy making 20 million and makes it harder to add quality players. his job is to raise the rest of the O's play and he doesnt20 mil to Eli isn't a lot considering we are giving 10 each to Webster and rolle. We also have canty, Osi Diehl and snee. All taking up a huge chunk of our cap and giving us little to no production. Get rid of this waste and we can bring in some quality players.

Sarcasman
12-23-2012, 10:00 PM
Eli has proven that he is capable of doing it (raising the level of play of others), specifically last year. This year, he isn't doing it, and that's the BIGGEST reason we aren't making the playoffs. Except, now everyone wants to blame other units for our struggles. We have the formula, and it involves a heavy dosage of Eli dominance, and we pay him accordingly.

Oh man, we should make this part of the FAQ and required reading before posting.

It would eliminate (in an ideal world) both sides of the primary idiocy that pervades these boards. The "Eli is only reason the Giants win" and the "Eli is over paid"

Both arguments are completely bogus and imbecilic, yet they keep these boards humming all year....

gmen0820
12-23-2012, 10:04 PM
But because we are talking about THIS particular game, what help did he get..seriously?No, let me ask you, what could Eli have done to help get things going? What difference would there have been if Eli was playing QB, or if Ryan Lindley was playing QB the past two games? We're not arguing Eli's surroundings, we are arguing Eli, and just Eli. HE needs to help others, not the other way around.

Greg McElroy got sacked 11 times today, what help did he get? Difference is that we know McElroy sucks. No one is angry at him for that performance. I'm pissed because Eli proved last year he is a special talent, making chicken salad out of chicken ****. This year, the setting is the same, but the story is different. That is why I'm pissed. I know that Eli is capable of guiding this team to the SB with the players we have right now, and I get agitated seeing that NOT happen.

Sarcasman
12-23-2012, 10:05 PM
i disagree , eli was being paid based on being the first pick in the draft and has made more than 40mil more than big ben over that span.Elis rookie contract alone was 50mil and you can argue the sb's and that ok its a valid point. but Eli has always gotten top QB money more than many of his peers.

You are entitled to your opinion.

He's paid like a top 10 QB because he is one. You can argue that for a period of those contracts he was not top 10 and more like top 12-14 and therefore he was overpaid but the counter argument to that - and it's valid - is the SBs. He can't time the cycles of when his deals get re-done or come due. Plenty of $10MM QBs only get to the SB with a ticket, and none of those guys are a part of winning two of them.

Rudyy
12-23-2012, 10:07 PM
No, let me ask you, what could Eli have done to help get things going? What difference would there have been if Eli was playing QB, or if Ryan Lindley was playing QB the past two games? We're not arguing Eli's surroundings, we are arguing Eli, and just Eli. HE needs to help others, not the other way around.

Greg McElroy got sacked 11 times today, what help did he get? Difference is that we know McElroy sucks. No one is angry at him for that performance. I'm pissed because Eli proved last year he is a special talent, making chicken salad out of chicken ****. This year, the setting is the same, but the story is different. That is why I'm pissed. I know that Eli is capable of guiding this team to the SB with the players we have right now, and I get agitated seeing that NOT happen.You answer my question first -pouts and crosses arms-

jgrangers11
12-23-2012, 10:10 PM
No, let me ask you, what could Eli have done to help get things going? What difference would there have been if Eli was playing QB, or if Ryan Lindley was playing QB the past two games? We're not arguing Eli's surroundings, we are arguing Eli, and just Eli. HE needs to help others, not the other way around.

Greg McElroy got sacked 11 times today, what help did he get? Difference is that we know McElroy sucks. No one is angry at him for that performance. I'm pissed because Eli proved last year he is a special talent, making chicken salad out of chicken ****. This year, the setting is the same, but the story is different. That is why I'm pissed. I know that Eli is capable of guiding this team to the SB with the players we have right now, and I get agitated seeing that NOT happen.

Maybe that goes to show you that the quarterback isn't really this magical being. The offensive line has regressed, Nicks hasn't been 100%, we don't have a legitimate third option and our running game is stagnant. There are certain things a QB can control and others that he can't. There's not much he can do if his line can't block and he's under siege every time he drops back and there's not much he can do when his receivers don't get significant seperation. Put Brady or Rodgers or even Peyton in that game today and I doubt they would have fared much better.

gmen0820
12-23-2012, 10:16 PM
Maybe that goes to show you that the quarterback isn't really this magical being. I don't want to reinvent the wheel, QB is the most important position in this game. I think the most plausible event to chalk it up to is Eli just having a really bad stretch, which is an agitation of mine that is amplified by other people's blaming of other units.

Marvelousmik
12-23-2012, 10:19 PM
Eli proved last year he is a special talent, making chicken salad out of chicken ****. This year, the setting is the same, but the story is different. That is why I'm pissed. I know that Eli is capable of guiding this team to the SB with the players we have right now, and I get agitated seeing that NOT happen.

I strongly disagree. Last year jpp had 16 sacks and the D line was actually fearsome. Last year cruz was taking 5 yard slants and hitting homeruns, making spectacular catches and guys were getting more separation. I agree with you that Eli needs to play better and up the play of the guys around him. I just dont agree that he was this magician who made nothing out of something. The team played better as a whole last year along with Eli. and thats why we were successful.

Rudyy
12-23-2012, 10:21 PM

Greg McElroy got sacked 11 times today, what help did he get? Difference is that we know McElroy sucks. No one is angry at him for that performance. I'm pissed because Eli proved last year he is a special talent, making chicken salad out of chicken ****. This year, the setting is the same, but the story is different. That is why I'm pissed. I know that Eli is capable of guiding this team to the SB with the players we have right now, and I get agitated seeing that NOT happen.Fine, I'll go first.

Eli could have played better. He still over threw receivers and under threw guys as well. I think his decision making is in question yet again. Throwing into double and triple coverage, I know he's trying to make a play but forcing it is not the answer. One thing you have to note is that he didn't turn the ball over, but he wasn't playing exceptional today

I have no problem admitting that there are rookies playing better than Eli, no problem.

It's when people revert to blaming him for EVERYTHING. That's my problem.

gmen0820
12-23-2012, 10:24 PM
....ahh **** it I hate this game.

Harooni
12-23-2012, 10:24 PM
You are entitled to your opinion.

He's paid like a top 10 QB because he is one. You can argue that for a period of those contracts he was not top 10 and more like top 12-14 and therefore he was overpaid but the counter argument to that - and it's valid - is the SBs. He can't time the cycles of when his deals get re-done or come due. Plenty of $10MM QBs only get to the SB with a ticket, and none of those guys are a part of winning two of them. i cant ague with you because you make sense, I believe for a while he was paid as a top 3 qb. if Eli would take a serious paycut this team could put the guys around him he needs if he doesnt and still thinks he is brady's twin, we will have many glaring holes for years.

Rudyy
12-23-2012, 10:27 PM
....ahh **** it I hate this game.The game hates you too..

:D

Harooni
12-23-2012, 10:29 PM
....ahh **** it I hate this game. hang in their man it will be ok. just sucks right now they quit on us. im with you

jgrangers11
12-23-2012, 10:33 PM
I don't want to reinvent the wheel, QB is the most important position in this game. I think the most plausible event to chalk it up to is Eli just having a really bad stretch, which is an agitation of mine that is amplified by other people's blaming of other units.

I'm not denying that it's the most important position. Obviously the QB is in charge of the offense and has the ball in his hand on every play, but I don't know how anyone can look at a game like today and say it was the QB's fault unless they think the QB is supposed to be a miracle worker.

giantsfan420
12-23-2012, 10:41 PM
I'm not denying that it's the most important position. Obviously the QB is in charge of the offense and has the ball in his hand on every play, but I don't know how anyone can look at a game like today and say it was the QB's fault unless they think the QB is supposed to be a miracle worker.

Oh and I'm not "blaming" the talent around him. I'm saying they are not the same players, Eli included. If Eli is having a down year (as many on here have stated) why are you expecting him to play lights out?

If some of you don't think he's elite in the first place, why are you expecting him to play elite?both posts r spot on. S

fourth&forever
12-23-2012, 10:44 PM

It was partly Eli's fault today. He's still not accurate. Can't blame him for everything though.
The whole team laid this egg.

Rudyy
12-23-2012, 10:45 PM
It was partly Eli's fault today. He's still not accurate. Can't blame him for everything though.
The whole team laid this egg.Thank you.

TrueBlue10
12-23-2012, 11:42 PM
I would like to see a game manager take our Giants down the field to win not one but two Super Bowls after our defense gave up the lead. But yes, of course, it's great our D was able to keep the game within reach and then stop Brady's last ditch hail marys both times.

And for people complaining about Eli's salary, that's the NFL... every team with a top-tier QB pays them when their contract comes up. Despite this, many of those teams still manage to field great supporting casts - including the Giants. The Nicks/Cruz combo is downright lethal .... when Nicks has two legs. Bradshaw was a workhorse... when he had two legs. Our D-line was great when Osi and Tuck were managing to contribute. C-Web has basically been a SHUT DOWN corner since 2007... but somehow he has forgotten what a football is these last few weeks. And when the O-line can protect, yes, Eli has the ability to raise up teammates like Barden and Randle and Bennett at various times this season... but as the season has gone on, the O-line has gotten more and more banged up and we just don't have the muscle up-front anymore.

Lastly, we've been either champions or .500+ contenders every year Coughlin's coached and Eli's started. In this league, that ain't coincidence. All the other pieces come and go ... Amani... Steve Smith ... Strahan.... Shockey ... O'Hara ... the list goes on and on. So, yea, I don't feel too bad giving Eli Manning the benefit of the doubt. It's worked out pretty well so far. =)

giantsfan420
12-23-2012, 11:47 PM
I would like to see a game manager take our Giants down the field to win not one but two Super Bowls after our defense gave up the lead. But yes, of course, it's great our D was able to keep the game within reach and then stop Brady's last ditch hail marys both times.

And for people complaining about Eli's salary, that's the NFL... every team with a top-tier QB pays them when their contract comes up. Despite this, many of those teams still manage to field great supporting casts - including the Giants. The Nicks/Cruz combo is downright lethal .... when Nicks has two legs. Bradshaw was a workhorse... when he had two legs. Our D-line was great when Osi and Tuck were managing to contribute. C-Web has basically been a SHUT DOWN corner since 2007... but somehow he has forgotten what a football is these last few weeks. And when the O-line can protect, yes, Eli has the ability to raise up teammates like Barden and Randle and Bennett at various times this season... but as the season has gone on, the O-line has gotten more and more banged up and we just don't have the muscle up-front anymore.

Lastly, we've been either champions or .500+ contenders every year Coughlin's coached and Eli's started. In this league, that ain't coincidence. All the other pieces come and go ... Amani... Steve Smith ... Strahan.... Shockey ... O'Hara ... the list goes on and on. So, yea, I don't feel too bad giving Eli Manning the benefit of the doubt. It's worked out pretty well so far. =)nice post. Prepare to be called a ton of names and have ur opinion called out

Harooni
12-23-2012, 11:50 PM
you know whats funny is that the giants keep Eli in to score a td vs soft zone with a big lead coverage . and then the mainstream fans are then fooled he was ok. this is propaganda at its finest and many fall for it hook line and sinker

Buddy333
12-23-2012, 11:51 PM
I would like to see a game manager take our Giants down the field to win not one but two Super Bowls after our defense gave up the lead. But yes, of course, it's great our D was able to keep the game within reach and then stop Brady's last ditch hail marys both times.And for people complaining about Eli's salary, that's the NFL... every team with a top-tier QB pays them when their contract comes up. Despite this, many of those teams still manage to field great supporting casts - including the Giants. The Nicks/Cruz combo is downright lethal .... when Nicks has two legs. Bradshaw was a workhorse... when he had two legs. Our D-line was great when Osi and Tuck were managing to contribute. C-Web has basically been a SHUT DOWN corner since 2007... but somehow he has forgotten what a football is these last few weeks. And when the O-line can protect, yes, Eli has the ability to raise up teammates like Barden and Randle and Bennett at various times this season... but as the season has gone on, the O-line has gotten more and more banged up and we just don't have the muscle up-front anymore.Lastly, we've been either champions or .500+ contenders every year Coughlin's coached and Eli's started. In this league, that ain't coincidence. All the other pieces come and go ... Amani... Steve Smith ... Strahan.... Shockey ... O'Hara ... the list goes on and on. So, yea, I don't feel too bad giving Eli Manning the benefit of the doubt. It's worked out pretty well so far. =)About the money, which is a big deal, if you pay a guy $100 million he has to be more consistent. Saying he is having a bad year does not mean every one dislikes him. It just is what it is. When you pay a guy like that he has to be clutch all the time.

jgrangers11
12-23-2012, 11:54 PM
you know whats funny is that the giants keep Eli in to score a td vs soft zone with a big lead coverage . and then the mainstream fans are then fooled he was ok. this is propaganda at its finest and many fall for it hook line and sinker

In terms of where the blame lies for today's game, Eli is toward the bottom to me. This game hinged on the fact that we were utterly dominated in the trenches on both sides of the ball. At the end of the day, that's where the game is won and lost.

fourth&forever
12-23-2012, 11:54 PM
About the money, which is a big deal, if you pay a guy $100 million he has to be more consistent. Saying he is having a bad year does not mean every one dislikes him. It just is what it is. When you pay a guy like that he has to be clutch all the time.
sorry. NO ONE can be clutch ALL the time. The insane amounts of money these guys get does not guarantee anything. HAte to break this to you but Superstars are human.

Buddy333
12-23-2012, 11:58 PM
sorry. NO ONE can be clutch ALL the time. The insane amounts of money these guys get does not guarantee anything. HAte to break this to you but Superstars are human.They need more than 14 points in two games from their $100 million investment. Yeah he can have an off game, but he is having an off season.

fourth&forever
12-24-2012, 12:00 AM
They need more than 14 points in two games from their $100 million investment.
He carried us last year. Be happy for that. He's not carrying **** this year.

Buddy333
12-24-2012, 12:01 AM
He carried us last year. Be happy for that. He's not carrying **** this year.Yes he did carry them last year. So that means he can have an off year? Don't think so.

fourth&forever
12-24-2012, 12:03 AM
Yes he did carry them last year. So that means he can have an off year? Don't think so.
He's not playing well. What do you propose to do about it?

Buddy333
12-24-2012, 12:06 AM
He's not playing well. What do you propose to do about it?Nothing now. The season is over. Just saying, when you invest that kind of money in one player the team will go as he goes. So, bad season for Eli means bad season for the Giants.

Redeyejedi
12-24-2012, 12:07 AM
Eli is paid appropriately for his relative ranking and performance amongst his positional peers in the league.This season U believe Eli played like a 20 million dollar QB? Here is the QB's that were for sure better then Eli this season Brady, Schaub, Flacco,Manning,Cutler,Wilson, RG3,Romo,Brees,Rodgers,Freeman,Dalton . Eli is mixed in with Carson Palmer, Stafford, Rivers,Luck

Buddy333
12-24-2012, 12:09 AM
This season U believe Eli played like a 20 million dollar QB? Here is the QB's that were for sure better then Eli this season Brady, Schaub, Flacco,Manning,Cutler,Wilson, RG3,Romo,Brees,Rodgers,Freeman,Dalton . Eli is mixed in with Carson Palmer, Stafford, Rivers,LuckYikes!

sharick88
12-24-2012, 12:09 AM
Eli had a bad game. What made it worse was is that his receivers had epic drops and that there was next to no pass protection at all. I'm usually first to call Eli Manning out when he ****s up, but this meltdown was a total team effort

Redeyejedi
12-24-2012, 12:21 AM
Yikes!Yes , statistically Carson Palmer was better then Eli in every category , Carson Frickin Palmer

Buddy333
12-24-2012, 12:24 AM
Yes , statistically Carson Palmer was better then Eli in every category , Carson Frickin PalmerYeah but he can't be clutch every year for $100 million.

ghostoftommymaddox
12-24-2012, 12:40 AM
You can chalk up Eli's subpar year in part to Nicks' injury and how it was handled by the coaching staff. But that's not the real concern.

This was the first year I can remember where I thought that Eli's inability to move the pocket really put the offense at a disadvantage. The league may eventually catch up to RGIII, Russell Wilson, etc., but there is no denying that their athletic ability gives their teams more opportunities to win than a quarterback who stands in the pocket like a refrigerator. And that is especially critical where the team has an erratic running game or can't field their top receivers all the time.

sharick88
12-24-2012, 12:42 AM
I chalk up Eli's subpar year to ummm, Eli. He is what he is.

Buddy333
12-24-2012, 12:42 AM
Yeah the league is changing. If you are going to have a non mobile QB you better have a great OL and dominant running game.

Manning
12-24-2012, 12:43 AM
Eli was dreadful. This is PRE XLII Eli.

sharick88
12-24-2012, 12:44 AM
Eli was dreadful. This is PRE XLII Eli.

This is funny as hell coming from a guy named Manning. LOL

Buddy333
12-24-2012, 12:44 AM
I chalk up Eli's subpar year to ummm, Eli. He is what he is.Naturally it's easy to forget things after winning a Super Bowl, but the fact is he is streaky. He runs hot and cold. The year before last he was a turnover machine. Last year he was great all year. This year he is off again.

Manning
12-24-2012, 12:47 AM
This is funny as hell coming from a guy named Manning. LOL

I love Eli, but I dunno what's happened to him. I expect much better from him, it's disappointing.

Sarcasman
12-24-2012, 12:50 AM

Yeah, it's the same disease that causes people to think that just because he doesn't have great stat line one game that he played badly. It's but one part of the oversimplification of the game necessary to allow the casualest of fans to believe they know and understand what is happening on the field. And of course it is used equally in both directions because the media will always pat the fans on the head and tell them they understand the game all while feeding them meaningless stats and using those stats to support opinions ex post facto.

Most folks here use stats like drunks use a lamp post, not for illumination but for support. It's so stupid.

I can't understand why the didn't pull him today (or any day for that matter) once the game was out of hand. It wouldn't kill them to have the back ups play a little.

Sarcasman
12-24-2012, 12:52 AM
Yeah but he can't be clutch every year for $100 million.

Hey lay off Palmer it's not his fault QBs are generally the highest paid player on the field. He's just taking his money same as everybody else.

thomasg2488
12-24-2012, 12:55 AM
When you're offensive line hasn't blocked all season and you have Kevin Gilbride as an OC, yeah, I'm shocked we've even won two Super Bowls

sharick88
12-24-2012, 12:56 AM
Naturally it's easy to forget things after winning a Super Bowl, but the fact is he is streaky. He runs hot and cold. The year before last he was a turnover machine. Last year he was great all year. This year he is off again.

Exactly. Winning the super bowl didn't change my opinion one bit. He is great when he is on and not so good when he is off. Hot and cold. I still like him as our qb, but he truly is what he is.

TrueBlue10
12-24-2012, 01:17 AM
According to Forbes, Eli is the 30th highest paid NFL player by 2012 salary. QBs in the top 10 include: Peyton, Bradford, Rivers, and Vick. Eli has more SB rings than all four of them COMBINED. So... yea... maybe salary isn't the best measuring stick for how much slack we do or do not cut Eli.

Jtuck
12-24-2012, 01:26 AM
You can chalk up Eli's subpar year in part to Nicks' injury and how it was handled by the coaching staff. But that's not the real concern.

This was the first year I can remember where I thought that Eli's inability to move the pocket really put the offense at a disadvantage. The league may eventually catch up to RGIII, Russell Wilson, etc., but there is no denying that their athletic ability gives their teams more opportunities to win than a quarterback who stands in the pocket like a refrigerator. And that is especially critical where the team has an erratic running game or can't field their top receivers all the time.

^^^^^^^^^^^

BuffyBlueII
12-24-2012, 01:31 AM
Exactly. Winning the super bowl didn't change my opinion one bit. He is great when he is on and not so good when he is off. Hot and cold. I still like him as our qb, but he truly is what he is.

Yeah. Guess what? The defense you saw today is exactly the defense that we are. The good games are the rarity from this flawed dog**** defense.

giantsfan420
12-24-2012, 01:39 AM
I still am baffled the knocking of eli. But im not even gonna bother. Sarcasman made a really poinent statement earlier. If a person needs to be constantly told the most basic of things, stuff a 5 yr old could see and thus understand, that person has some sort of motive, and should be ignored. But for fun, just some questions i have...if those of u who claim hes not this elite qb and a fraud, why do u focus all ur blame on him as if he were? A: knee jerk responses to losses.

When we have fielded healthy pass catching targets and an ol, how did eli look? Howd the offense look? Vs carolina with barden, when we used randle, etc. How has eli looked witha one legged nicks instead? How was eli/the offense when lockler was in? With dd?
would brees, brady, rodgers, peyton have looked their usual selves if they were qb for us today facing the pressure we faced, getting hit FIFTEEN yes i spelled it to caps it, times?

Now dont get me wrong, in no way has eli played up to his standards. And his play is a big part of the offensive issues. But how anyone could somehow peg eli as the sole cause, or somehow only focus on eli for the bad play? I mean we actually have a couple brainiacs literally excusing the d for horrendous play. But eli? Nah. "We overpaid and got ripped. Hes really just avg. He should be carrying the offense/team to wins. Last year was a fluke. Eli has really only had one good year. Etc etc etc"

This will be the last time i discuss eli on here, bc on MY list of issues, elis about the least of my concerns and thats bc of how hes played over his career. Theres nothing lamer imo than people just ah forget it. It honestly aint worth it. If u cant see the few things ive listed out of the myruad of issues we have, and instead just rag on eli, well theres no need to talk football with u. Itd be like trying to talk algebra to a toddler. Just wont sinc

Marvelousmik
12-24-2012, 01:40 AM
Yeah. Guess what? The defense you saw today is exactly the defense that we are. The good games are the rarity from this flawed dog**** defense.

right now yes. in the past when our D line was the best in the nfl, No.

jgrangers11
12-24-2012, 01:41 AM
Yeah, it's the same disease that causes people to think that just because he doesn't have great stat line one game that he played badly. It's but one part of the oversimplification of the game necessary to allow the casualest of fans to believe they know and understand what is happening on the field. And of course it is used equally in both directions because the media will always pat the fans on the head and tell them they understand the game all while feeding them meaningless stats and using those stats to support opinions ex post facto.

Most folks here use stats like drunks use a lamp post, not for illumination but for support. It's so stupid.

I can't understand why the didn't pull him today (or any day for that matter) once the game was out of hand. It wouldn't kill them to have the back ups play a little.

I think this post pretty much hits the nail on the head. The media has created a situation where people equate the quarterback to the whole offense because it's an easy, convenient way to understand the game. Nevermind the fact that it's a gross oversimplification of the situation. I don't know how anybody can watch today's game and act like a different quarterback would've made a difference.

Marvelousmik
12-24-2012, 01:56 AM

post of the day. And vice versa. sometimes people look at the touchdowns and think he played good. In my opinion he played better in this game than he did in the saints game even though he had 4 touchdowns during that game. and that doesnt mean he played good today either. But given the situations he was in during both games, i think he handled this one a lot better and made wiser decisions. I hate to sound like im making excuses for Eli because in my opinion this is one of the few games where we lost and it wasnt mainly due to him. But i have to keep it real and call it how i see it. For the exception of hixon the offense played with no heart. I want to say wilson played good but he only got like 3 carries so in my opnion he wasnt even part of the offense really. I dont know why either.

Harooni
12-24-2012, 02:45 AM
According to Forbes, Eli is the 30th highest paid NFL player by 2012 salary. QBs in the top 10 include: Peyton, Bradford, Rivers, and Vick. Eli has more SB rings than all four of them COMBINED. So... yea... maybe salary isn't the best measuring stick for how much slack we do or do not cut Eli. you do realize they restructured to lower elis salary and gave it to him in a bonus , right??? he makes more than all of them except peyton.

TrueBlue10
12-24-2012, 03:14 AM
you do realize they restructured to lower elis salary and gave it to him in a bonus , right??? he makes more than all of them except peyton.

No, I've never thought salary was worth a damn. "too much" is pretty much what I feel all pro athletes get paid.

So, fine, he only makes less than Peyton... he's still got twice as many rings as the guy ahead of him! =P

Also, Eli is a class act. That goes a long way with me. Results AND character? Geez... talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth, fellas. Unless we get an Aaron Rodgers or Andrew Luck situation, we're gonna miss this guy when he's gone.

So yea, was he flawless today? No. Is he absolutely one of the least worrisome spots on the team? A RESOUNDING YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!! =)

NYGFaninILL
12-24-2012, 03:19 AM
No, I've never thought salary was worth a damn. "too much" is pretty much what I feel all pro athletes get paid.

So, fine, he only makes less than Peyton... he's still got twice as many rings as the guy ahead of him! =P

Also, Eli is a class act. That goes a long way with me. Results AND character? Geez... talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth, fellas. Unless we get an Aaron Rodgers or Andrew Luck situation, we're gonna miss this guy when he's gone.

So yea, was he flawless today? No. Is he absolutely one of the least worrisome spots on the team? A RESOUNDING YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!! =)

Perfectly well said, if you think that the giants would be better off with Carr or another rookies/lifetime backup, your plain wrong. With Nicks hurt, there was NOBODY that stepped up and became a solid No. 2 receiver like Cruz did last year...

Sarcasman
12-24-2012, 12:41 PM
you do realize they restructured to lower elis salary and gave it to him in a bonus , right??? he makes more than all of them except peyton.

Post all the numbers, brother because I believe that this statement is inaccurate.