PDA

View Full Version : Embarassed to be a Giants fan

TroyArcher
12-23-2012, 07:56 PM
Not too many times I can say that as a long time Giants fan.

wildblueyonder
12-23-2012, 08:01 PM
i hear ya troy, i've actually been embarrased since our win against the redskins way back when. we haven't had any consistency since before that game
even our big win with more than 50 points, eli wasn't exactly "crisp". no production from the d-line in forever. no run game except for flashes.
we can't expect super bowl victories every year, but we shouldn't have to be subjected to this CRAP either. better luck next year.

SweetZombieJesus
12-23-2012, 08:16 PM

Under Coughlin I can think of plenty.

2005 - Home playoff loss to Panthers 23-0
2008 - collapse and 23-11 home playoff loss to Eagles
2009 - 41-9 home loss to panthers in last game at Giants Stadium
2010 - Eagles meltdown and the following week no-show vs. Green Bay

Anybody seeing a pattern?

gmen in va
12-23-2012, 08:22 PM
tru dat.

RagingBlue
12-23-2012, 08:23 PM
I am still going to wear my Giants gear. 4 superbowls in my lifetime so far is still great.

Banks_Reasons_Carson_LT
12-23-2012, 08:24 PM
Reese, your luck just run out.
Please draft some linebackers that are fast enough to be able not to whif tackles.

Banks must be going crazy now

GMEN86900711
12-23-2012, 08:31 PM
Look, I know that these late season collapses are both embarrassing and frustrating, but how many teams have won multiple Super Bowls in the past 8 years, and even more specifically, done so under the same HC QB tandem?

I would like to see more consistency out of this team along with everybody else, but those 2 SB runs were something special and if it has to be all or nothing, I'll gladly take it. If an 8-3 playoff record is a "fluke", well, hey, I'd rather be lucky than good.

I can recall that people said that Coughlin lost this team and needed to go in both '09 and '10, and then we ended up winning another SB the following year.

brownelvis54
12-23-2012, 08:39 PM
I'm not embarassed to be a fan................just very frustrated. We have good core players........we should play better then this

chuckedafter5yards
12-23-2012, 09:04 PM
I actually feel nauseous after watching the game

FBomb
12-23-2012, 09:07 PM

Yep....we are a punchline now.

G-Men Surg.
12-23-2012, 09:16 PM
I am still going to wear my Giants gear. 4 superbowls in my lifetime so far is still great.
I hear you bro. I'm with you on taht one. Still going to wear my colors proudly.

RoanokeFan
12-23-2012, 09:18 PM

This now is sad, but dependng on how far back you go, not so embarrassing

45Jones
12-23-2012, 09:19 PM

I've got a foot in each camp, yeah I'll wear the colors but so embarrassed and pissed I want to puke right now...

GiantWarfare
12-24-2012, 01:09 AM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/tumblr_lq5mxuFBzR1qm6s2g.gif

FBomb
12-24-2012, 01:10 AM
Is that Charlie?

GiantWarfare
12-24-2012, 01:14 AM
Is that Charlie?

yea...

giantsforce
12-24-2012, 01:15 AM

Anybody seeing a pattern?I guess the people who should be keeping tabs on that do not seem to care as long as the fools called fans open up their wallets and pay for PSL's and tickets and overpriced hot dogs and beer. The pattern is there under Coughlin but he "gave' us 2 SB's. I guess as long as they have a great practice all is good. And the 3 stooges show goes on for another year.

shockeyisjesus
12-24-2012, 05:01 AM
Never been embarrassed before today, even after losses, even deflating/humiliating ones, I still held my head high.

But after today? After getting pasted 34-0 last week and then showing up and doing THAT in a must win, control your own destiny type game?

Yeah......today, I was NOT proud to be a Giants fan. Monday morning I will be proud once again, but for a few hours, after that heartless, gutless sh*tshow of a"performance", yeah, I was embarrassed to root for such spineless cowards.

The whole lot of them looked like they'd rather be making subway commercials and taking the postseason off to heal up. Sadly, that is NOT how dynasties and legends are built.

We had a chance to cement ourselves as a potential dynasty. I know that capability is there too, I saw what we did to Green Bay and San Fran this year, I saw us really outplay the Redskins in 2 games this year.........but the I looked at the last 2 weeks, in must win games and saw what we "did" and yeah, pretty damn disgusted by the lack of heart and testicular fortitude our ladies showed out there the past couple weeks.

Time to clean house.

BuffyBlueII
12-24-2012, 05:07 AM
Dissapointed? Yes. Embarrassed? No. I am not embarrassed to be a NY Giants fan. I love my team.

stormblue
12-24-2012, 05:20 AM
i will never be embarrassed to be a Giants fan....i will always bleed blue no matter what...
but i am also never to proud to admit it when we suck.

we suck.

Buto
12-24-2012, 06:33 AM
Embarrassed? No! Dissappointed? Yes!
Unfortunately we let the media and the team hype machine convince us we're a better team than we are.
Sure we won two Super bowls and against the best team in the NFL both times.
This team hasn't been beat good teams consistantly in years.
They do look like world beaters on occasion but my best assesment of the team I love is they're a scrappy bunch.
Capable of looking both great and terrible with consistancy.
Incapable being great and not terrible with any consistancy.
That goes for the offense, defense and special teams.
This year our team MVP was the place kicker.

The're not really as good as we like to think, They're just a scrappy team.
But they're still my team.