PDA

View Full Version : Fewel is the problem

TooStupid
12-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Does anybody look like they have a clue what they're doing? BTW Osi is gone. He is the worst defensive end
in the game

Smurf
12-23-2012, 08:29 PM
Rod Rust re-incarnation.

EliIsTheBaas
12-23-2012, 08:31 PM
How the hell do you coach Webster?

SweetZombieJesus
12-23-2012, 08:32 PM
The defense has sucked most of the time under Fewell, only getting good in spurts as a move of desperation.

KillaRich
12-23-2012, 08:33 PM

Webster has been bad...but making your players give 5-10 yard cushions is asking for them to be toast especially when theyre man up defenders

Snappinnecks
12-23-2012, 08:33 PM
Agreed. Second year in a row we've ranked at the bottom of the league. Reese has to take some blame here as well. Can anyone name any young players on this team that will be ready to step and help at the DT position?? Don't say Austin because that guy is the biggest free-loader of them all. Never saw someone so happy to be carted off to the locker room to get looked at.

brad
12-23-2012, 08:34 PM
On the defensive side, I would agree... PF is definitely the problem. When every player on the team is bad it is far more likely that the coach is the problem than every single player.

The offense has been just as bad however, and again I look to coaching. There are some serious issues on this team when you play as poorly as they have. I don't think they are capable of beating any team in the NFL right now. The Eagles might even blow them out.

brownelvis54
12-23-2012, 08:35 PM
He was average at best in Buffalo..............I never understood the selection

LT Stands For Greatness
12-23-2012, 08:42 PM
So, with whom do we replace Fewell?

Joe Morrison
12-23-2012, 08:46 PM
How many TD's did the Raven have today prior to the end of the 3rd quarter, the offense didn't keep them in the game so they got worn down, how many times did they hold them to a FG?

EliIsTheBaas
12-23-2012, 08:47 PM
Rex Ryan would be nice.

I Hate T.O.
12-23-2012, 08:49 PM
How many TD's did the Raven have today prior to the end of the 3rd quarter, the offense didn't keep them in the game so they got worn down, how many times did they hold them to a FG?

How many 3rd and longs did they give up...and I mean VERY LONG...3 on one drive I believe..The O doesnt get a pass by no means...but the D was just as bad.

TooStupid
12-23-2012, 08:52 PM
How about a sock puppet? Seriously, put the load mouth Rex Ryan in there next year.

hungrrrry
12-23-2012, 08:53 PM
I am sick of read and react coaches...they have no integrity and much less success. This **** has to stop. We need to keep guys like spags. This team looks so weak that it seems they are just standing there while the opponent plays around them. Our players on defense have lost heart and that is for the lack of integrity that Perry has. We need to move on...TC we need you to be a leader and recognize failure and fire Fewell.

GMENAGAIN
12-23-2012, 08:53 PM
How about a sock puppet? Seriously, put the load mouth Rex Ryan in there next year.

Rex Ryan will make Webster, Osi and Tuck not suck?

chuckedafter5yards
12-23-2012, 08:54 PM
It's 3rd and 87, wait the QB throws it up and it's complete- First Down!

Redeyejedi
12-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Webster has been bad...but making your players give 5-10 yard cushions is asking for them to be toast especially when theyre man up defendersWhat are u talking about the Giants tried to be aggressive in this game and they got stomped

Ruttiger711
12-23-2012, 08:57 PM
The defense has sucked most of the time under Fewell, only getting good in spurts as a move of desperation.

Defined to a "T" sir.

Parademon
12-23-2012, 08:58 PM
Not only does Flacco complete a 3rd & 17, but 2-3 Giants were all around the reciever & he still came down with it! 2nd half curse is alive & well! How does this team continue to play poorly in 2nd halves of the season yr after yr! Next yr, it's better we go 4-4 in the 1st half & hope for 6-2 in the 2nd half.

Eliscruzzz
12-23-2012, 09:03 PM
Look I know everyone wants to jump on PF, but hear me out.

These guys show no emotion on the sideline, There is no leader, the d-line either over-pursues or play the run too far up instead of getting in the trenches in shedding blocks (which we are terrible at). We give up big plays all the time and the is basically Webster ALL the Time. I blame PF a little but he just doesn't have the players that he thought he had.

Simple if they don't get pressure the with just four we are done. We have 1 corners that absolutely has been a horrid to watch along with our completely incompetent linebackers. The only linebacker that is pretty good not great is J-Will and he's hurt. Stevie Brown is good awesome ball hawk but that is it. He sucks against the run. Now I am a lot quicker to blame the OC rather then the DC cause because KG has elite talent to work with.

Doesn't matter what he calls, we will gt torched anyway.....

TooStupid
12-23-2012, 09:03 PM
You disregard the scheme as a possible reason they suck. People are wide open all over the field. Receivers are routinely given a free release from the line of scrimmage. Nobody seems to be playing the run, and nobody knows how to tackle. Hard to believe all of these guys just suddenly stink. Sorta sounds like the beating our receivers have taken over the years when Eli would throw over their heads, behind them or at their feet. It was always their lack of talent, and everybody refused to look at the most obvious reason for the lack of success..........

brad
12-23-2012, 09:06 PM
Rex Ryan will make Webster, Osi and Tuck not suck?

Believe it or not... coaches do have an impact on the game, that's why teams have them. Yes, a good coach can make players play better, and bad coaches can make good players worse. A bad scheme that doesn't use a players strengths will cause even good players to play poorly by asking them to do things they aren't capable of doing, putting them out on an island against players they can't defend or over-complicating the scheme to the point that players are thinking about the play rather than just playing.

Giants100
12-23-2012, 09:08 PM
He must have a new D-line rush scheme, notice how they just stand at the line and wrestle with the o-line, linebackers blitz and stop as soon as contact is made,

JB456
12-23-2012, 09:10 PM

Its called the bench my man. Mr. Webster meet Mr. Pine, Mr. Pine, get used to Mr. Webster riding you....

Ruttiger711
12-23-2012, 09:10 PM

They got worn down on the first 2 ravens possesions that got them 14....because of the OFFENSE?

Eliscruzzz
12-23-2012, 09:15 PM
You disregard the scheme as a possible reason they suck. People are wide open all over the field. Receivers are routinely given a free release from the line of scrimmage. Nobody seems to be playing the run, and nobody knows how to tackle. Hard to believe all of these guys just suddenly stink. Sorta sounds like the beating our receivers have taken over the years when Eli would throw over their heads, behind them or at their feet. It was always their lack of talent, and everybody refused to look at the most obvious reason for the lack of success..........I don't know who you were referring to but if it was me, then well all I have to say is do you honestly think with the players we have on defense now that if PF changed his scheme it would be better. You guys yell at him to blitz he does we get torched. You want him to play more press man we get torched. He just doesn't have elite players on defense except JPP and Prince and JPP at least needs one other player on the d-line to be effective or he won't be that leaves you one player Prince and if he starts getting torched just be prepared for a long day.

On offense KG should be ripped You have Eli, Cruz, Nicks, Wilson(who they never are creative with), Hynoski, see Wilson, Bennett, Randle starting to come around, Hixon. It's a damn shame when you only score 14 points in the last two games.

brownelvis54
12-23-2012, 09:17 PM
Wade Phillips...............new DC

dakotajoe
12-23-2012, 09:29 PM
The talent level has aged and dropped off from last season. In Fewell's defense he was the same coordinator that shutout the Falcons last year in the playoffs and held Green Bay and the Patriots in check in route to a Super Bowl victory.

The studs we used to count on are washed up, there really isn't one area of play that the defense is good at. We need need a new nucleus of players on our defense as much as if not more than we need a new coordinator.

TooStupid
12-23-2012, 09:37 PM
I don't know who you were referring to but if it was me, then well all I have to say is do you honestly think with the players we have on defense now that if PF changed his scheme it would be better. You guys yell at him to blitz he does we get torched. You want him to play more press man we get torched. He just doesn't have elite players on defense except JPP and Prince and JPP at least needs one other player on the d-line to be effective or he won't be that leaves you one player Prince and if he starts getting torched just be prepared for a long day.

On offense KG should be ripped You have Eli, Cruz, Nicks, Wilson(who they never are creative with), Hynoski, see Wilson, Bennett, Randle starting to come around, Hixon. It's a damn shame when you only score 14 points in the last two games.

A blitz is part of the overall scheme. You cant just blitz in a poor scheme and assume and expect some result. PF's scheme is to keep the offense on the field until they drop dead from exhaustion. Up and down and up and down 4-5-600 yards. You simply assume the players are bad. The fact is, if they're confused about what they should be doing, their play will be poor. That doesn't mean they're poor players.

Eliscruzzz
12-23-2012, 09:43 PM
A blitz is part of the overall scheme. You cant just blitz in a poor scheme and assume and expect some result. PF's scheme is to keep the offense on the field until they drop dead from exhaustion. Up and down and up and down 4-5-600 yards. You simply assume the players are bad. The fact is, if they're confused about what they should be doing, their play will be poor. That doesn't mean they're poor players.lmao did you not see what happened to us when we blitz today?? sorry man you just cannot do it without stud linebackers or great safeties none of which we have.

TooStupid
12-23-2012, 10:04 PM
[QUOTE=Eliscruzzz;634390]lmao did you not see what happened to us when we blitz today?? sorry man you just cannot do it without stud linebackers or great safeties none of which we have.[/QUOT

You're talking about one play.If you want to argue that Fewel is not the problem and the players are the ones at fault, then explain why he has changed nothing.NOTHING.

Eliscruzzz
12-23-2012, 10:08 PM
[QUOTE=Eliscruzzz;634390]lmao did you not see what happened to us when we blitz today?? sorry man you just cannot do it without stud linebackers or great safeties none of which we have.[/QUOT

You're talking about one play.If you want to argue that Fewel is not the problem and the players are the ones at fault, then explain why he has changed nothing.NOTHING.lmao you think we blitz one time and got burned?? there were several times where we blitz and got killed it happened all game man....

I Hate T.O.
12-23-2012, 10:10 PM
we dont have talent at LB to blitz....or cover............or stop the run.

Eliscruzzz
12-23-2012, 10:15 PM
we dont have talent at LB to blitz....or cover............or stop the run.exactly... PF has NO choice but to play this way...

GMENAGAIN
12-24-2012, 09:28 AM
A blitz is part of the overall scheme. You cant just blitz in a poor scheme and assume and expect some result. PF's scheme is to keep the offense on the field until they drop dead from exhaustion. Up and down and up and down 4-5-600 yards. You simply assume the players are bad. The fact is, if they're confused about what they should be doing, their play will be poor. That doesn't mean they're poor players.

Fans who want to correct a bad defense by blitzing more generally know nothing about football.