PDA

View Full Version : Troy Aikman brings up a good point.

Rudyy
12-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Says the Giants have to figure out why this team is so inconsistent, and why it tends to happen in the middle of the season each year.

TooStupid
12-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Change the coaching staff. Problem solved

Tuckit91
It's called TC Killdrive and PF

DayOneGiant
He would be correct.

Toadofsteel
12-23-2012, 08:24 PM
Reason #1:

http://thecutterrambles.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/coughlin1.jpg

Reason #2:

http://blog.nj.com/giants_impact/2008/08/large_gilbridetes

Reason #3:

http://media.nj.com/giants_impact/photo/perry-fewell-bills-d49a77f6eb9b2804_large.jpg

SweetZombieJesus
12-23-2012, 08:24 PM
Reminds me of the Yankees under Torre after the dynasty was over. Good in the regular season and then complete flameout in the playoffs. We hit the wall in week 9 year after year.

Razur
12-23-2012, 08:25 PM
There is NO other logical explanation then coaching staff. NONE.

TheAnalyst
12-23-2012, 08:25 PM
MAybe because the offense is so predictable, after 6-8 games into the season, teams finally figure it out and Gilbride never changes his gameplan. Chuck and duck over the top.

TheEnigma
12-23-2012, 08:26 PM
Well...which individuals have been here since the TC era? The answer is there obviously.

Rudyy
12-23-2012, 08:26 PM
Here me out:

I tend to be hard on the coaches a whole lot but what do you say to the people who claim they have 2 Super Bowls under their belt?

Giantslb66
12-23-2012, 08:27 PM
Reason #1:

Reason #2:

Reason #3:

http://media.nj.com/giants_impact/photo/perry-fewell-bills-d49a77f6eb9b2804_large.jpg Well put!!!

Razur
12-23-2012, 08:29 PM
Here me out:

I tend to be hard on the coaches a whole lot but what do you say to the people who claim they have 2 Super Bowls under their belt?

Luck

nyc-007
Here me out:

You say..... Thank you, but its time to say goodbye

Banks_Reasons_Carson_LT
Coaches can't be blamed for dropping passes, missing tackles, poor gap responsibity, giving up on blocks.

This teams time as a good team has ended

Rudyy
12-23-2012, 08:31 PM
You say..... Thank you, but its time to say goodbyeLol

G-MENBK
12-23-2012, 08:33 PM
Coaches can't be blamed for dropping passes, missing tackles, poor gap responsibity, giving up on blocks.

Yes and no. Yes, you can't fault coaches for players playing lackluster..but you can certainly blame them for not calling out said players during the game, yanking them out, and placing someone else in their place.

Coughlin will bench rookies; too bad he doesn't do the same for certain vets on the team. As a matter of fact, if they stunk up the joint last week, they're still guaranteed a spot on the team next week.

That loyalty bull**** needs to stop.

AbnerZ
Horrible play calling in the 4th quarter, almost looks like we are trying to run the clock out.....looks nothing like the old giants with there come from behind hurry up offense. We need change..............Peyton Manning 2 weeks ago siad it best when he siad on NFL network interview with Kurt Warner"Yes I watch my brother Eli's games and I find myself yelling at the screen at Coughlin for the play calls".

Flip Empty
He just stated the obvious.

SweetZombieJesus
12-23-2012, 08:36 PM
Well...which individuals have been here since the TC era? The answer is there obviously.

Diehl and Osi are the only holdovers from Fassel and both of them are done.

The roster has turned over several times but these collapses go back to the beginning of Coughlin's tenure.

Mlerman17
12-23-2012, 08:37 PM
Horrible play calling in the 4th quarter, almost looks like we are trying to run the clock out.....looks nothing like the old giants with there come from behind hurry up offense. We need change..............Peyton Manning 2 weeks ago siad it best when he siad on NFL network interview with Kurt Warner"Yes I watch my brother Eli's games and I find myself yelling at the screen at Coughlin for the play calls".Link?

gumby74
12-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Diehl and Osi are the only holdovers from Fassel and both of them are done.

The roster has turned over several times but these collapses go back to the beginning of Coughlin's tenure.

Eli. It's a team game and it's not completely his fault, but he is who he is. One game you get great play. the next game, you may get something else. When your QB is not consistent, it's hard for your team to be. That being said, TC KG and Fewell need to go.

P_Simms_#11
12-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Horrible play calling in the 4th quarter, almost looks like we are trying to run the clock out.....looks nothing like the old giants with there come from behind hurry up offense. We need change..............Peyton Manning 2 weeks ago siad it best when he siad on NFL network interview with Kurt Warner"Yes I watch my brother Eli's games and I find myself yelling at the screen at Coughlin for the play calls".

Total BS. Peyton never said that.

barran21
12-23-2012, 08:40 PM
I hope TC retires...

BeatYale
12-23-2012, 08:41 PM
As much as I dislike KG, I think the offenses problems start up front. Eli, for years, has made this average OLine look good. And I think the coaches are too loyal to certain players allowing them to continue playing even if they are liability on the field. I'd rather see Randle or Barden or Hixon starting instead of an injured Nicks. I'm not even a Barden fan, but I was impressed with how he played in his 2 starts. Randle started one game and played well too I thought.

On defense I think we've (still) been lacking that leader in the middle. It's been this way for a long time now.

MikeyMike01
12-23-2012, 08:41 PM
It's 100% coaching.

BigBlueOnes
12-23-2012, 08:42 PM
Yes and no. Yes, you can't fault coaches for players playing lackluster..but you can certainly blame them for not calling out said players during the game, yanking them out, and placing someone else in their place.

Coughlin will bench rookies; too bad he doesn't do the same for certain vets on the team. As a matter of fact, if they stunk up the joint last week, they're still guaranteed a spot on the team next week.

That loyalty bull**** needs to stop.

A brain among us!!! You, sir, are correct. He should have at least sat Osi and Tuck earlier in the season, to send a message. Webster? Should have been benched long ago.

Rudyy
12-23-2012, 08:42 PM
Ok, I doubt Peyton Manning ever said that about TC. He wouldn't do that.

It's clear to me that these coaches cannot make adjustments and changes need to be made.
We've been blown out the past 2 games.

Listening to the Coughlin press conference and he said "I thought our meetings were well done, we tried hard, and we have a very bad formula". Ding ding ding.

He has no explanation of what is happening and why we aren't making any plays on offense or defense. He clearly cannot fix the problem.

Hooligans
12-23-2012, 08:44 PM
Says the Giants have to figure out why this team is so inconsistent, and why it tends to happen in the middle of the season each year.

Good teams are consistent, bad teams aren't....it's that simple.

moosedrool
12-23-2012, 08:45 PM
Anyone who thinks it's the coaching staff doesn't have a clue. You don't be good enough to win a super bowl then forget how to coach.

Its age and injuries. Every year the team that wins has their key players healthy at the end of the year. Last year the Giants did. This year they don't.

And it's time to clear out the age 29 and over players who have bloated contracts. The cap hits will hurt for 2013 but will help for 2014.

Finally, GM Reese needs to study how the New England GM keeps his team competitive every year. He trades players like Richard Seymour at age 29 for a first round draft pick.

Rudyy
12-23-2012, 08:46 PM
Anyone who thinks it's the coaching staff doesn't have a clue. You don't be good enough to win a super bowl then forget how to coach.

Its age and injuries. Every year the team that wins has their key players healthy at the end of the year. Last year the Giants did. This year they don't.

And it's time to clear out the age 30 and over players who have bloated contracts. The cap hits will hurt for 2013 but will help for 2014.Can you explain the second half slumps for the past 9 years?

giant-4-life
12-23-2012, 08:47 PM
this team reminds me...at least a hooker tells you the price up front

TheShouldersOf
12-23-2012, 08:50 PM

Quoted

giantsforce
12-23-2012, 08:52 PM
It's called TC Killdrive and PFa.k.a. the 3 stooges.

Giantterp
12-23-2012, 08:54 PM
Maybe it's the opposite and they are actually over achievers???

Rudyy
12-23-2012, 08:54 PM
Do we clean the house? All three of them gone?

moosedrool
12-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Can you explain the second half slumps for the past 9 years?

Would you rather have a team that doesn't make the playoffs very often? That's a high percentage of teams in the league. It's hard to win consistently in this league.

New England wins consistently because their GM doesn't offer contracts that leave their team with bloated cap hits when those players turn 30.

giantsforce

This teams time as a good team has endedBut they can be blamed for putting on the field in every game the people who drop passes, missing tackles, poor gap responsibility, giving up on blocks. See the pattern there?

erivera
the coaching staff is a problem, but after the first superbowl the team lost some true leaders in pierce and strahan. i don't think they've had the true leadership they needed. i've always felt like tuck wasn't ready to be a leader bc his demeanor isn't very fiery.

giantsforce
12-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Would you rather have a team that doesn't make the playoffs very often? That's a high percentage of teams in the league. It's hard to win consistently in this league.

New England wins consistently because their GM doesn't offer contracts that leave their team with bloated cap hits when those players turn 30.And they are not afraid to cut players and bring them back when they have to.

giantsforce
12-23-2012, 08:57 PM
Do we clean the house? All three of them gone?That will be the logical thing to do, since the one stooge will not get rid of the other 2 stooges.

Rudyy
12-23-2012, 08:57 PM

New England wins consistently because their GM doesn't offer contracts that leave their team with bloated cap hits when those players turn 30.I would rather be in rebuilding mode than have talented players not be motivated year after year after year.

moosedrool
12-23-2012, 09:00 PM
But they can be blamed for putting on the field in every game the people who drop passes, missing tackles, poor gap responsibility, giving up on blocks. See the pattern there?

Did you not watch the game today? They tried a 4 linebacker set when the Ravens had a FB in the backfield, but the players they put out there (Herzlich and Paysinger) weren't any better than what had been out there. The backup talent level on this team IS JUST NOT THAT GOOD.

I Bleed Blue 56
12-23-2012, 09:01 PM
Reason #1:

Reason #2:

Reason #3:

http://media.nj.com/giants_impact/photo/perry-fewell-bills-d49a77f6eb9b2804_large.jpg
Classic this is 100 percent on point.

moosedrool
12-23-2012, 09:03 PM
I would rather be in rebuilding mode than have talented players not be motivated year after year after year.

How many teams miss the playoffs the year after making the playoffs? Many. It's hard to be great two years in a row.

Redeyejedi
12-23-2012, 09:05 PM

This teams time as a good team has endedThats what I saw . I saw plenty of times players being in the right spots and they didnt make the plays. When u play man coverage how is it the coaches fault if Corey Webster doesnt track the ball in the air. How is it the coaches fault Chase Blackburn cant handle a simple gap responsibility and runs into JPP's back and allows a 15 yard run. How is the coaches fault when all the safeties let RB's run right in front of their faces crossing the field and no 1 gets a body on him when 3 guys could of. Thats not the coaches. They cant make U tackle, they cant make u have the will to keep fighting, they can scream in your face but if u dont give a **** u dont give a ****

Redeyejedi
12-23-2012, 09:07 PM
Did you not watch the game today? They tried a 4 linebacker set when the Ravens had a FB in the backfield, but the players they put out there (Herzlich and Paysinger) weren't any better than what had been out there. The backup talent level on this team IS JUST NOT THAT GOOD. I dont know if u guys watch the games but there was a lot different this week then last but it didnt make a god damn difference

Rudyy
12-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Thats what I saw . I saw plenty of times players being in the right spots and they didnt make the plays. When u play man coverage how is it the coaches fault if Corey Webster doesnt track the ball in the air. How is it the coaches fault Chase Blackburn cant handle a simple gap responsibility and runs into JPP's back and allows a 15 yard run. How is the coaches fault when all the safeties let RB's run right in front of their faces crossing the field and no 1 gets a body on him when 3 guys could of. Thats not the coaches. They cant make U tackle, they cant make u have the will to keep fighting, they can scream in your face but if u dont give a **** u dont give a ****It's the coaches fault because once again, this team was not prepared/motivated.

This team has been outscored 61-14 in 2 consecutive weeks. If you says that's all on the players then we need to get rid of EVERYONE on our team.

Rudyy
12-23-2012, 09:08 PM
I dont know if u guys watch the games but there was a lot different this week then last but it didnt make a god damn differenceWhat was different? Still dropped balls, sloppy playcall, can't stop anyone or anything.

45Jones
12-23-2012, 09:10 PM
So Troy Aikman had another Captain Obvious moment?

Rudyy
12-23-2012, 09:17 PM
So Troy Aikman had another Captain Obvious moment?I guess so.
I guess it's not so obvious though because it keeps happening..

Harooni
12-23-2012, 09:19 PM
if you look at most of the seasons we had a second half collapse you will Find eli had slumps those years. look no further to find the inconsistent piece of the puzzle.

Rudyy
12-23-2012, 09:20 PM
if you look at most of the seasons we had a second half collapse you will Find eli had slumps those years. look no further to find the inconsistent piece of the puzzle.So..get rid of Eli right?

SimmsandLT
12-23-2012, 09:21 PM
if you look at most of the seasons we had a second half collapse you will Find eli had slumps those years. look no further to find the inconsistent piece of the puzzle.

Yeah, it was Eli's fault... sometimes I even think you believe the nonsense you speak Harooni!

Harooni
12-23-2012, 09:23 PM
no not saying get rid of Eli, but realize he is inconsistent and as he goes so goes the team. defense just needs LB upgrades. which having a franchise QB we dont have the space to sign studs.

45Jones
12-23-2012, 09:24 PM
I guess so.
I guess it's not so obvious though because it keeps happening..

Well, the fact the a couple of secoond half slides were interrupted by Super Bowl Championships still make it less than a slam dunk argument...Eventually Coughlins voice will wear out like Andy Reid in Philly, not next year though...those trophies count for a lot...

nycisgreat
12-23-2012, 09:34 PM

PF and KG has to go. They know nothing about in game adjustments.

domsgiants
12-23-2012, 09:35 PM
Its mostly the coaching. We start off good then we start to die off because the have the same game plan week in and week out. They suck at adjusting. Its the only thing I can think of that we start off that good then suck that bad from the middle to the end of the season

Moke
It's obviously the coaching staff. I think the older people are, the less fire they have in them. Sure, TC has fire, but it seems like these grown football players need help being inspired.

Rudyy
no not saying get rid of Eli, but realize he is inconsistent and as he goes so goes the team. defense just needs LB upgrades. which having a franchise QB we dont have the space to sign studs.Everyone knows he's inconsistent, but Eli is not responsible for missed tackles/ blown coverages/ missed blocks. Eli is part of the problem, agreed, but so is a lot of other folk. INCLUDING coaching.

Rudyy
12-23-2012, 09:36 PM
It's obviously the coaching staff. I think the older people are, the less fire they have in them. Sure, TC has fire, but it seems like these grown football players need help being inspired.We need to get rid of the vets. Love them, but they are not helping.

Moke
12-23-2012, 09:37 PM
We need to get rid of the vets. Love them, but they are not helping.

This is just a way different football style than it used to be. I think we are seeing a shift in the NFL.

ANON837
12-23-2012, 09:42 PM
Did you not watch the game today? They tried a 4 linebacker set when the Ravens had a FB in the backfield, but the players they put out there (Herzlich and Paysinger) weren't any better than what had been out there. The backup talent level on this team IS JUST NOT THAT GOOD.Could it be then that there is a 4th stooge in Reese?

nycisgreat
12-23-2012, 09:44 PM
Its mostly the coaching. We start off good then we start to die off because the have the same game plan week in and week out. They suck at adjusting. Its the only thing I can think of that we start off that good then suck that bad from the middle to the end of the season

8 games is a big enough sample size to get a good idea of what other teams are doing. KG and PF don't adjust when what they are doing is getting neutralized. When that happens, the coaches start bringing up "we are just not executing". After seven games, it is the coaches responsibility to the right the ship. TC to take care of the issues with our coordinators.

Rudyy
12-23-2012, 09:46 PM
8 games is a big enough sample size to get a good idea of what other teams are doing. KG and PF don't adjust when what they are doing is getting neutralized. When that happens, the coaches start bringing up "we are just not executing". After seven games, it is the coaches responsibility to the right the ship. TC to take care of the issues with our coordinators.Thank you.

Execute means to carry out fully. You can fully carry out a bad play call.

domsgiants
12-23-2012, 09:53 PM
8 games is a big enough sample size to get a good idea of what other teams are doing. KG and PF don't adjust when what they are doing is getting neutralized. When that happens, the coaches start bringing up "we are just not executing". After seven games, it is the coaches responsibility to the right the ship. TC to take care of the issues with our coordinators.

I agree with you 100 % this coaching staf is pretty bad. I do like tc. But if he wont make the change then he needs to go with them. Its getting a little ridiculous that we do this every year. Something needs to be done

Rudyy
12-23-2012, 10:00 PM
It's a hit or miss thing with this team.

giantfanatic
12-23-2012, 10:03 PM

And it's time to clear out the age 29 and over players who have bloated contracts. The cap hits will hurt for 2013 but will help for 2014.

Finally, GM Reese needs to study how the New England GM keeps his team competitive every year. He trades players like Richard Seymour at age 29 for a first round draft pick.

New England gets lots of help - that division sucks

GiantRoc
12-23-2012, 10:14 PM

Reese can study New England all he wants. He can try to steal their game plans, but I don't think New England will give up its head coach. You guys gave to realize its the scheme not the players. Granted, Pats play in a terrible division, but to be that good year after year, with new guys in and out. It is coaching. Being an up stater, I love TC, but if he won't change OC & DC, he may have to lead the way out. All that being said, nothing will change next year.

moosedrool
12-23-2012, 10:25 PM
You guys gave to realize its the scheme not the players.

Completely disagree. You liked Spags scheme here didn't you? How did his scheme work in New Orleans this year? One of the worst defenses in the league.

TextureDj
12-23-2012, 10:39 PM
New England gets lots of help - that division sucksdont kid yourself, our division sucks

gmen0820
12-23-2012, 10:41 PM
Lol Troy Aikman, anyone hear him uttering random words when discussing the Giants attempt to challenge Eli's near-fumble?

Rudyy
12-23-2012, 10:42 PM
Lol Troy Aikman, anyone hear him uttering random words when discussing the Giants attempt to challenge Eli's near-fumble?I couldn't hear him over my constant laughter.

giantfanatic
12-23-2012, 10:42 PM
No chance we get him again this year - yes!

GiantRoc
12-23-2012, 11:18 PM
Completely disagree. You liked Spags scheme here didn't you? How did his scheme work in New Orleans this year? One of the worst defenses in the league.

Apples and oranges. If you want to compare the Giants team to the situation down there, you must really think this organization sucks. I can't go into how bad that comparison is.

GiantRoc
12-23-2012, 11:23 PM
dont kid yourself, our division sucks

Not even close. NFC EAST would crush the AFC EAST. Pat's are the only talent in that division. Mostly due to worse coaching than the Giants.

moosedrool
12-23-2012, 11:33 PM
Apples and oranges. If you want to compare the Giants team to the situation down there, you must really think this organization sucks. I can't go into how bad that comparison is.

I can go into how bad your quote is "it's not the players, it's the coaches". That is one of the most absurd things ever written on these boards.

tcseacliff
12-23-2012, 11:45 PM
what does the coach have to do with somebody who blows a coverage or fails to get open or drops a good thown pass?

Rudyy
12-23-2012, 11:47 PM
what does the coach have to do with somebody who blows a coverage or fails to get open or drops a good thown pass?This has been happening for the majority of the season, and still no answers..

moosedrool
12-23-2012, 11:55 PM
This has been happening for the majority of the season, and still no answers..

Answer: Good players injured (Nicks), lack of talent in the next man up (our defense except for Stevie Brown and Will Hill), and once good players past their prime (Tuck, Osi, Boley, Webster, Diehl).

Parademon
12-24-2012, 12:06 AM
Incredible how for the past 3 weeks the Ravens were looking & playing like a bag of S^%7 but we come into town & they once again become the Ravens of old. Do the Giants not realize that as defending champs, they are going to get every single team's A game?

Hate to say it, but even Dallas plays more inspired & determined in defeat & their D has been totally decimated by injuries this yr.

Skins & Boys are gonna be better next yr, Giants don't make some huge changes to the team, we will be fighting it out with the Egals for 3rd place next yr & maybe the next few yrs too.

GiantRoc
12-24-2012, 02:48 AM
I can go into how bad your quote is "it's not the players, it's the coaches". That is one of the most absurd things ever written on these boards.

If you are going to quote me, at least get the quote right. I don't like Belichick personally, but he would win a hell of a lot of games with our team. More than our current staff I would say. I honestly think his staff ( OC & DC) is better than ours. He makes situational adjustments that our coaches seem incapable of doing. He also adjusts based on personnel he has. Our staff seems to say, "This is our system whether it works or not. Now do it.". The current one scheme fits all mindset just isn't working.

miked1958
12-24-2012, 03:26 AM
Says the Giants have to figure out why this team is so inconsistent, and why it tends to happen in the middle of the season each year.simple. Schedule makers

Nikaed78
12-24-2012, 03:36 AM
The "great" defence is a myth. We need a proper set of LB's. Blackburn isn't good enough, Kiwanuka is a DE. There is only Boley I rate on the linebacking core. We need a shutdown corner and will hoepfully be more agressive in free agency this year. I agree over Killdrive's playcalling, why isn't Wilson catching screens and short passes? the guy is a straight up home run threat,

TheShouldersOf
12-24-2012, 04:37 AM
the Coaches don't play to the strengths of their personal, instead try to force them into their schemes etc

Wilson for example, his obvious skill sets are outside tackle, Stretch plays tosses, sweeps, screen passes etc, whilst his power is underrated and he did have the most yards after contact in college, his skill set remains

if you don't believe Wilson can be an 'Every down back' have those plays created for him and utilize his skill sets,

it seems mad that no one can grasp this offense for years, it seems as if it's complex for the same of bragging complexity and boosting
ego

either Gilbride lacks the talent to utilize the strengths of each individual player, or his Ego gets in the way, same with Coughlin, and Radio

giant-4-life
12-24-2012, 06:45 AM

yes they can be blamed as TC does with playing past their prime starters instead of younger blood. why the hell draft at all if you aren't going to utilize those players? just like throwing money around?

M00KIE
12-24-2012, 06:52 AM

Really? You haven't followed the NFL very long, have you? A coaching change is 1 year thrown away and no promise of anything better. You don't know how good you have it. Nevermind..Just noticed your name. :eek:

Buto
12-24-2012, 06:57 AM
Aikman just thought of that?
We fans and the Giants organization have been trying to figure that out for the last three years.

SweetZombieJesus
12-24-2012, 07:46 AM

2009 Eli had the team on his back but it wasn't enough. Keep looking, there are more pieces to find. When the defense is giving up 40+ points a game for several weeks in a row, well, you know...

GmanSenior
12-24-2012, 08:18 AM
Reason #1:

Reason #2:

Reason #3:

You need to add a picture of Reese in here. His got snookered out of Martin from Tampa Bay and tried to sell us a bill of goods on Randle. "Randle is the most NFL ready WR in the draft." Right, the most NFL ready WR in the draft comes from a team that that doesn't throw the ball. It's just been a bad year all around for the Giants hierarchy.

Diamondring
12-24-2012, 08:35 AM
You fools a lot of teams had trouble this year and are inconsistant. The Pats are in a weak division with no team maybe 500 or better and the Skins and Dallas (two teams in our division) have winning records and are in fight for the NFC Championships. Nicks has been hurt and he is one of our top players. Reuben suppose to be a threat to me but he is not ready yet.

Giants don't have the perfect team and you have to win with what you got. Giants didn't have much at the end with the offense not scoring and some players might be hurt or not the same as last year. .

Diamondring
12-24-2012, 08:36 AM
Aikman just thought of that?
We fans and the Giants organization have been trying to figure that out for the last three years.Giants had a hard schedul and going against reay hungry teams. I have a better answere than Aikmen.

AbnerZ
10-06-2013, 06:47 PM
I bet Jim Fassel would have won 2 super bowls with this team. With this much Talent and " We showed the Talent today on 2 drives and Defensively at times today with a real coach
we should have 4 Bowls under our belt, this coach uses stupid motivational gimmicks to get this team to believe they can win . Every Year since he has been here there has never been consistency in wins always back against the wall crap.

tcseacliff
10-06-2013, 06:52 PM

coaching staff does not drop the ball, run a poor route , not get open,jump off sides,no sacks,poor tackles cause a penalty, etc. yes , some plays suck for sure but,99% of the problems are all wearing helmets!

Rudyy
10-06-2013, 06:54 PM
coaching staff does not drop the ball, run a poor route , not get open,jump off sides,no sacks,poor tackles cause a penalty, etc. yes , some plays suck for sure but,99% of the problems are all wearing helmets!

The coaching staff's responsibility is to find a way to stop the bleeding. If you don't know how to adjust/stop the bleeding why are you a coach?

NYGinIN666
10-06-2013, 06:55 PM
Here me out:

it's a 'what have you done for me lately' type league and lately, they've sucked. They've failed to adapt and grow with the changing NFL

Rudyy
10-06-2013, 06:56 PM
it's a 'what have you done for me lately' type league and lately, they've sucked. They've failed to adapt and grow with the changing NFL
Keep in mind this was a thread from last season, so my views have completely changed within that span of time lol.

Martin
10-06-2013, 06:58 PM
Here me out:

I say thanks for the SB's but as a consistent NFL football team
you never were.

The team in those 2 SB's were fortunate to get hot
at the right time and they had the right players at the right time.

But TC's tenure has never been consistent football.
(roller coaster ride)

Its time now to make changes the problem is
TC will have to step down. He wont be fired.

Elchanon
10-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Here me out:

Stop with the 2 Super Bowls already. Football has become, especially in the bigger markets a what have you done for me lately sport. If they were losing close Ames an playing with heart to the last minute this would be a different story, but when the team has no depth in either talent or desire to win then it is time to clean house

Rudyy
10-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Stop with the 2 Super Bowls already. Football has become, especially in the bigger markets a what have you done for me lately sport. If they were losing close Ames an playing with heart to the last minute this would be a different story, but when the team has no depth in either talent or desire to win then it is time to clean house
THIS THREAD WAS FROM A YEAR AGO! MY OPINIONS HAVE CHANGED.

Rudyy
10-06-2013, 07:01 PM
I say thanks for the SB's but as a consistent NFL football team
you never were.

The team in those 2 SB's were fortunate to get hot
at the right time and they had the right players at the right time.

But TC's tenure has never been consistent football.
(roller coaster ride)

Its time now to make changes the problem is
TC will have to step down. He wont be fired.THIS THREAD WAS FROM A YEAR AGO, MY OPINIONS HAVE CHANGED.

JPP=BEASTMODE
10-06-2013, 07:01 PM
Here me out:

Just imagine how good we could of been with better coaches.

Rudyy
10-06-2013, 07:02 PM
Just imagine how good we could of been with better coaches.-runs out of breath-

This post....was from...a year ago...my opinions have changed.

Giantslb66
10-06-2013, 07:03 PM
Reason #1:

Reason #2:

Reason #3:

http://media.nj.com/giants_impact/photo/perry-fewell-bills-d49a77f6eb9b2804_large.jpgPut Reese's picture at #1

giantcarll
10-06-2013, 07:03 PM
add the QB coach too

RoanokeFan
10-06-2013, 07:06 PM

We're not in the middle of the season yet lol

BlueSanta
10-06-2013, 07:07 PM
We're not in the middle of the season yet lol

Someone dug this thread up from a year ago. I have no idea why, it is barely relevant.

If anything it shows that Aikman is wrong. We can be just as inconsistent at the start of the year as we can in the middle. Go US! EAT IT AIKMAN!

Rudyy
10-06-2013, 07:07 PM
We're not in the middle of the season yet lolTHIS POST WAS FROM LAST YEAR/LAST SEASON SOMEONE COMMENTED ON IT AND BUMPED IT

PennState1
10-06-2013, 07:08 PM
F Troy Aikman

RoanokeFan
10-06-2013, 07:08 PM
THIS POST WAS FROM LAST YEAR/LAST SEASON SOMEONE COMMENTED ON IT AND BUMPED IT

Jeez, chill. It's not that big a deal

Rudyy
10-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Jeez, chill. It's not that big a deal
No, I bolded it because I had to say it at least 5 times to other posters, so this will grab other people's attention lol.

mrg3
10-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Here me out:

That's right, Its a cycle, teams get old, have to re tool, Ill take 2 Super Bowls in 5 years. I went from 64 till 81 with no playoffs. This is NFL with a Cap not MLB where you can buy playoffs every year. Troy should worry about why Tony Chokes in every big game and never won anything.

STAR
10-06-2013, 07:29 PM
Well, today it wasn't Killdrive throwing those passes. I'm not a Kilbride supporter but Eli can drive you f''ing nuts.

Sarcasman
10-06-2013, 08:06 PM
It's a league built on mediocrity. That was the Rozelle design 30 years ago it's been the working order for decades now and it's genius. It's a filthy rich league and that's why. The money is in TV, people will only continue to watch if their team has a chance. Rozelle knew that and that's why he - along with the owners - re- designed the league that way decades ago.

There are very, very few consistently good teams (I said consistently good, not consistent....there is a difference) The Giants have been one of them for longer than most, that appears to be due to having such a stable organizational structure. Most teams that are near the top of the league more often than not tend to have stable organizations.

Give them a little time and I think they'll retool the team and be good again.

Sicko
10-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Inconsistency is 99.9% always put on the coaching!

rtlax
10-06-2013, 08:12 PM
I hope we get inconsistent soon! Shouldn't that mean we win a game?!

PRGiant
10-07-2013, 12:36 AM
Giants have been consistent this year. ZING!

JJC7301
10-07-2013, 12:49 AM
Aikman is dead wrong because they've been consistently bad this year from game 1.

But yes, it's been a hallmark of the TC era.

Rudyy
10-07-2013, 12:53 AM
Aikman is dead wrong because they've been consistently bad this year from game 1.

But yes, it's been a hallmark of the TC era.
This thread is from last year.

Rudyy
10-07-2013, 12:54 AM
This thread is from last year.

Do not assume I have the same views..I most likely don't lmao.