PDA

View Full Version : This team has been exposed after last year

egyptian420
12-23-2012, 08:22 PM
That's what happened to us this year. Last year we lived off the big plays, mostly to Cruz and some to Nicks. This year no big plays = no sustained drives, no first downs, no continuity or fluidity on offense, no nothing.

Without the big plays, we're trash. We would've been swept by the skins if it wasn't for the big play by Cruz at the end. That's the only way we can win games it seems.

This team doesn't deserve a playoff spot by a long shot. Amongst a million things that need to change this offseason, let the first be cutting Webster.

egyptian420
12-24-2012, 08:53 AM
Anyone agree?

EnragedYouth85
12-24-2012, 08:55 AM
I agree, we had a lot of big plays last year. I think the Nicks injury hurt us a lot...

T2 hurt us a ton too, we could of been rocking Price and T2 this year.. :(

Rudyy
12-24-2012, 08:55 AM
Completely. What were we..2/10 on third downs yeaterday? We could get nothing going on pffense. There's really no creativity with our offense.

egyptian420
12-24-2012, 09:00 AM
It seems so obvious....last year we would have an 8 yard catch to Cruz that goes for a 80 yard TD. Cruz juggling the ball for that huge TD against Seattle, all the big plays in the playoffs (Nicks against ATL, Nicks hail mary against GB)....we had so many huge plays last year that just boosted the #### out of Eli's stats.

A play like the 99 yard TD against the Jets made Eli's stats look so darn good. This year Nicks is banged up and Cruz is getting triple coverage...no big plays, no first downs, no consistency on offense.

This offense is all finesse.

EnragedYouth85
12-24-2012, 09:04 AM
It seems so obvious....last year we would have an 8 yard catch to Cruz that goes for a 80 yard TD. Cruz juggling the ball for that huge TD against Seattle, all the big plays in the playoffs (Nicks against ATL, Nicks hail mary against GB)....we had so many huge plays last year that just boosted the #### out of Eli's stats.

A play like the 99 yard TD against the Jets made Eli's stats look so darn good. This year Nicks is banged up and Cruz is getting triple coverage...no big plays, no first downs, no consistency on offense.

This offense is all finesse.

Injuries and ****ty play calling really..

egyptian420
12-24-2012, 09:05 AM
Completely. What were we..2/10 on third downs yeaterday? We could get nothing going on pffense. There's really no creativity with our offense.Yup...this was one of "those" games....you know, "those" games where we do absolutley nothing right and the opponent does everything perfectly.

This game, the Atlanta game, the Bengals game, the Panthers game at the end of the '09 season....they're all identical. I Expected us to not convert any 3rd downs just as much as I Expected the Ravens to complete every 3rd down...every ball they bombed I would already tell everyone in the room "It's definitely going to be at Webster and it will be completed"...and I was right every single time.

I've had enough of 'those' games....

Rudyy
12-24-2012, 09:05 AM
It seems so obvious....last year we would have an 8 yard catch to Cruz that goes for a 80 yard TD. Cruz juggling the ball for that huge TD against Seattle, all the big plays in the playoffs (Nicks against ATL, Nicks hail mary against GB)....we had so many huge plays last year that just boosted the #### out of Eli's stats. A play like the 99 yard TD against the Jets made Eli's stats look so darn good. This year Nicks is banged up and Cruz is getting triple coverage...no big plays, no first downs, no consistency on offense.This offense is all finesse.I noticed we never threw the ball a lot down field in the playoffs. It was always intermediate throws , but YAC turned it into an 80 yard touchdown or whatever. We played to get the first down. Now we do the complete opposite.

fletch842
12-24-2012, 09:10 AM
to me, you win and lose in the trenches. Our run blocking has had a lot to be desired all season. Lately, we can't pass block either. D-line has not been getting to the QB, and is soft against the run. Fix the lines, and everything else will fall into place.

egyptian420
12-24-2012, 09:11 AM
to me, you win and lose in the trenches. Our run blocking has had a lot to be desired all season. Lately, we can't pass block either. D-line has not been getting to the QB, and is soft against the run. Fix the lines, and everything else will fall into place.Hard to argue against that

Flip Empty
12-24-2012, 09:22 AM
Complete meltdown from top to bottom. Way to defend your Super Bowl title, guys.