PDA

View Full Version : Is Gilbride and/or Fewell here next season? What's your guess?

NYG4lifeNYK
12-23-2012, 08:35 PM
I don't want TC gone unlike some of the posts Ive read.

I'd say both are gone.

Can't possibly see either of them being brought back after surrendering such a HUGE lead in the division only to miss the playoffs.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-23-2012, 08:47 PM
What does everyone think?

TheEnigma
12-23-2012, 08:49 PM
Unless a college gives Gilbride a shot, both are here to stay. The FO is too loyal for us to expect anyone on this staff to be fired the season after winning the SB. Maybe player changes will happen but I doubt anything serious happens to the staff.

Razur
12-23-2012, 08:50 PM
Gilbride is back, Fewell is gone...and only because half the defense is going with him because they just plain suck. Gilbride still has a pool of talent if they get healthy, he can use to save his job.

giantsforce
12-23-2012, 08:51 PM

I'd say both are gone.

Can't possibly see either of them being brought back after surrendering such a HUGE lead in the division only to miss the playoffs.The 3 stooges are here to stay.

Giantslb66
12-23-2012, 08:52 PM
I'd like to see them totally clean house with these coaches.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-23-2012, 09:03 PM
I can't see how they warrant Glbride being brought back as OC

He is even more incompetent thn Fewell

TooStupid
12-23-2012, 09:08 PM
How can you say KG is more incompetent then PF?

drewz
12-23-2012, 09:09 PM
How can you say KG is more incompetent then PF?

I'd say that damn shotgun draw to Henry Hynoski on 2nd and 12 sealed that argument

I Hate T.O.
12-23-2012, 09:10 PM
I pray to God they go....but they only way I see them going is if TC goes...and that ain't happening.

nyc-007
12-23-2012, 09:11 PM
I'd say that damn shotgun draw to Henry Hynoski on 2nd and 12 sealed that argument

lol....I saw that, drop my rum, **** on myself and I knew the game was over. Why in hell would he call that play?

B&RWarrior
12-23-2012, 09:13 PM

Maybe one of the most puzzling calls I've seen.

brad
12-23-2012, 09:14 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that PF is gone. I think there is, unfortunately, less of a chance that KG will also be gone. You can't have a complete collapse like they had this year and expect no changes at all. I can take losses, but this team didn't even try in the past few weeks. They have been flat out awful.

TopleyBird
12-23-2012, 09:15 PM
I think everyone comes back honestly

45Jones
12-23-2012, 09:17 PM
Both coordinators gone, Coughlin has one more year of Super Bowl equity...

Parademon
12-23-2012, 09:21 PM
The O hardly ever does slant plays, screens or quick passes to the WR. I see NE/NO/Atl do these plays all the time & they always seem to get positive yds if not TDs! The TE is not utilized enough either. Witten has 103 receptions!

I'd rather bring back Spags & see if he can bring in some better players. Saints D is worse than ours if you can believe that! He can only do so much with what he's got over there. Don't think it's his fault they are a bad D. How bout Norv Turner as the OC for us?

big blue dog
12-23-2012, 09:22 PM
3 out of 4 years out of the playoffs grant it the the one aparance was a superbowl i hope ownership looks at the big picture and reese starts working on the trenchs we got two championships out of this group its time to fix it.

Eliscruzzz
12-23-2012, 09:23 PM
TC is going to stay, he just won the SB last year. The Maras are loyal just like him and to tell you the truth I like TC. I'd rather get rid of KG cause he doesn't play to this teams strengths and is absolutely ruining Eli's career by not letting him go no huddle. PF I 'm gonna say keep and see what he can do with some young hungry players.

bashful
12-23-2012, 09:24 PM
As long as TC is head coach the gray haired troll, fool, joker, self proclaimed best OC will be back.
He will fire Fewell

nycisgreat
12-23-2012, 09:28 PM

I'd say both are gone.

Can't possibly see either of them being brought back after surrendering such a HUGE lead in the division only to miss the playoffs.

PF and KG isn't going to get any offers this off seasons, so unless they are fired. They will be back.

mike kennedy
12-23-2012, 11:00 PM

I'd say both are gone.

Want to see something funny? Search with Google Kevin Gilbride and look at his picture. Someone put a international NO emblem over his picture.

FBomb
12-23-2012, 11:01 PM
Gilbride is back, Fewell is gone...and only because half the defense is going with him because they just plain suck. Gilbride still has a pool of talent if they get healthy, he can use to save his job.

I believe this as well.

dbreiden83080
12-23-2012, 11:20 PM
KG has been here for Eli's whole career and they have won 2 SB's together so it's a tough sell to demand he be fired. The Giants were humming along pretty well on offense until this lousy stretch run. Not as good as last year but they had Nicks either not playing or playing hurt the entire season. The run game was also inconsistent. Eli i am sure is very loyal to KG and would back him if the FO was thinking about making a change..

nygpolishpunk
12-23-2012, 11:20 PM
I want them both gone but I doubt that will happen. The FO is way too loyal to these clowns

dillyyo1972
12-23-2012, 11:23 PM
I don't believe any of them go.

1. Giant's FO doesn't react like that when this season is clearly on the players

2. Though I don't think KG and PF are the best at their positions, they clearly are not the big part of the problem with this team. Most of these guys physically turned it on last year and showed they had the talent with the same schemes and play calling as last year.

3. Injuries to key players in our system have clearly and most heavily impacted this team. It's not always about the amount of injuries, but rather who. HK being hurt has killed this offense and rightly so, as we are a mid to long range passing team. Eli is not Peyton or Dan Marino, in that his big time receivers need to be able to catch accurate and often times not so accurate balls. HK's inability to move well has killed his and Eli's timing and allowed doubling of VC more times.

Unfortunately, I think the players on this defense are more liking of an aggressive scheme like Spag's ran and I think this shows when PF runs aggressive blitzs. I also think the offensive players wouldn't mind running more short and seam patterns by the likes of backs and the TE or even more drag routes. I don't know why everything has to be so down field, but that is KG's MO from even back in Houston.