PDA

View Full Version : Eli's prime years in trouble

elitocruz
12-23-2012, 07:38 PM
couldn't care less about next week. beating philly amounts to zilch as far as i'm concerned. backing in thanks to another garbage team, also means zilch. all that would do is mask the problems for one more year. like the super bowl did last year. team has MASSIVE issues, and it may take years to correct. more years than Coughlin has left. and more years than Eli has left in his prime. Why so long? Because the Giants do nothing in free agency of consequence, and do not play rookies, thus their development is stunted by at least 1 year. Randall and Wilson should've been playing more this season. Not as starters, not a million snaps. but more.

THE NEW YORK GIANTS, ARE ON THE CLOCK

bamf
12-23-2012, 07:50 PM
couldn't care less about next week. beating philly amounts to zilch as far as i'm concerned. backing in thanks to another garbage team, also means zilch. all that would do is mask the problems for one more year. like the super bowl did last year. team has MASSIVE issues, and it may take years to correct. more years than Coughlin has left. and more years than Eli has left in his prime. Why so long? Because the Giants do nothing in free agency of consequence, and do not play rookies, thus their development is stunted by at least 1 year. Randall and Wilson should've been playing more this season. Not as starters, not a million snaps. but more.

The Super Bowl masked problems? I hope we mask more problems then.

Toadofsteel
12-23-2012, 07:56 PM

We need Killdrive and Fewell gone so that we can get guys that will actually use our talent effectively, so that we can win multiple super bowls in the future...

elitocruz
12-23-2012, 07:58 PM
yes, last years super bowl masked many problems. NO run game. NO run blocking. Fading pass rush. (except when they turned it on late). and awful defensive backfield.

I Hate T.O.
12-23-2012, 08:04 PM
Wilson had 4.5 yds per carry today and a TD.....so they bench him....

dbreiden83080
12-23-2012, 08:09 PM
This team will be back Eli has years left to play. For all the hissy fits being thrown now they have won 2 Superbowls in the last 5 years.. They'll have another crack at it..

gmen0820
12-23-2012, 08:16 PM
The only threat to Eli's prime years, are himself. Last year he made chicken salad out of chicken ****. This year, he appears to have lost the recipe. By all means, give him more to work with, all I'm saying though is that Eli has proven before that he can make a lot of a little, and Reese shouldn't forget that as he evaluates the team moving forward. Sure, he can go out and draft a LT, a top TE, and a dominant Center, but as a result, our defense will suffer. It's like putting expensive rims, on an expensive car. Sure, it'll look nice, but the car was already beautiful. Take those rims, and put it on the decent looking car in the garage that's riding on hubcaps.

Hooligans
12-23-2012, 08:38 PM

I think Eli's "prime years" have come and gone....like much of the the other Giants....time to clean house.