PDA

View Full Version : Strahan Just Trashed Giants

NYGiantsFan56
12-23-2012, 08:51 PM
Strahan and Howie Long just said Giants not going to map playoffs after loss today even though not officially eliminated and he further stated they couldn't do anything if they got there. Howie Long said he would be embarrassed to leave his house if he were a Giant after the way they played. We are the joke of the NFL

RoanokeFan
12-23-2012, 08:52 PM
That's not trashing the Giants, that's looking at the evidence

Eliscruzzz
12-23-2012, 08:53 PM
Yeah Strahan look disgusted...and I don't blame him. This is an 9-7, 8-8 team with occasional double digit win season.

NYGiantsFan56
12-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Trashing in retrospect was no the right word. Disgusted and pissed at them is a better analysis

NYGiantsFan56
12-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Yeah Strahan look disgusted...and I don't blame him. This is an 9-7, 8-8 team with occasional double digit win season.
Basically told them to go home.

GFiP
12-23-2012, 08:57 PM
Yeah Strahan look disgusted...and I don't blame him. This is an 9-7, 8-8 team with occasional double digit win season.Wrong, they are very lucky to have 8 wins. They will have 5 MAX next year.

egyptian420
The Browns are more deserving of a playoff spot than us and would do more with it than we can. I am convinced that we are the worst team in the league right now.

P_Simms_#11
They are just being honest.

RoanokeFan
Trashing in retrospect was no the right word. Disgusted and pissed at them is a better analysis

Theya re certainly not alone in that thought

laylow28
12-23-2012, 08:58 PM
Its clear Giants won't make the playoffs. Nothing wrong with his statement

NYGiantsFan56
12-23-2012, 08:59 PM
Banks and Papa tore the team apart and now Strahan does it to. When guys like this do it you know there are changes coming. These guys are to voices for the Giants. Strahan in my eyes is the 54TH PLAYER on this team and for him to say this is bad

NYGiantsFan56
12-23-2012, 09:01 PM
Terry Bradshaw also said that the Eagles played better than us today. Next week is not going to be a good week

B&RWarrior
12-23-2012, 09:02 PM
Its clear Giants won't make the playoffs. Nothing wrong with his statement

He spoke the truth.

Roosevelt
12-23-2012, 09:04 PM
Someone needs to remind Michael that earlier in his career he'd be out after a game like this having a great time partying and on TV.

**** him.

NYGiantsFan56
12-23-2012, 09:04 PM
He spoke the truth.
Dont deserve to make it. They did indeed speak the truth and boy does it hurt

gmenfan0488
12-23-2012, 09:05 PM
Terry Bradshaw also said that the Eagles played better than us today. Next week is not going to be a good week

They definitely did.

giantyankee1976
12-23-2012, 09:06 PM
good for Stray. (and Pierce)

DayOneGiant
12-23-2012, 09:07 PM
All the old school Giants are pissed & I hope that their influence will force changes. Rumor has it that Dave Meggett was pissed too, but everytime he calls MetLife Stadiums front office to complain the administrative clerk won't accept the damn charges!

Parademon
12-23-2012, 09:09 PM
Sorry you're upset about his comments Roosevelt, but if you can't handle an honest assessment form a future HOF Giants player along with another Giants great in Carl Banks, then you are just a koolaid drinking rose colored eye glass wearing homer that is in super denial about how pathetic this team has played in the 2nd half & the D & O have been terribly erratic & inconsistant all yr!

NYGiantsFan56
12-23-2012, 09:11 PM
Sorry you're upset about his comments, but if you can't handle an honest assessment form a future HOF Giants player along with another Giants great in Carl Banks, then you are just a koolaid drinking rose colored eye glass wearing homer that is in super denial about how pathetic this team has played in the 2nd half & the D & O have been terribly erratic & inconsistant all yr!
Im with you on that one. Glad they spoke up. Makes me feel my disgust at the Giants is justified

NYGiantsFan56
12-23-2012, 09:12 PM
These players are a disgrace. I guess Sonny from the BRONX TALE was right. "NOBODY CARES". Time to clean House

krankeybluechick
12-23-2012, 09:12 PM
They had every right to call out the Giants. This team showed no heart or soul. It's been a pitiful 2 weeks and something has to give!

45Jones
12-23-2012, 09:15 PM
How do you beat the Niners 26-3, Packers 38-10, and Saints 52-27 and then have games like the last two. Brain blood vessel-popping frustrating...

NYGiantsFan56
12-23-2012, 09:16 PM
They had every right to call out the Giants. This team showed no heart or soul. It's been a pitiful 2 weeks and something has to give!
Maybe with these former but respected players calling out this team, Mara will have no choice but to clean house now.

NYGiantsFan56
12-23-2012, 09:17 PM
How do you beat the Niners 26-3, Packers 38-10, and Saints 52-27 and then have games like the last two. Brain blood vessel-popping frustrating...
very simple "NOBODY CARES" NO HEART

giantsforce
12-23-2012, 09:21 PM
Wrong, they are very lucky to have 8 wins. They will have 5 MAX next year.If the 3 stooges are still here next year, I'd give them 2 wins max. teams now know how to game plan for Killdrives 3 offensive play calls and Fewell's just put-a-warm-body-on-the-field scheme. Of course Coughlin will still be a bystander in the sidelines doing nothing while his team gets embarrassed. Wilson still will not be "NFL" ready, Nicks and AB will play on lame legs and the shotgun draw on 3rd and 10 will still be called frequently. In other words nothing will change except for a few names on the roster. The results will be worse than this year. However, they WILL have a great practice.

B&RWarrior
12-23-2012, 09:22 PM
Someone needs to remind Michael that earlier in his career he'd be out after a game like this having a great time partying and on TV.

**** him.

Let me remind you of all the mediocre Giants teams Strahan played on where we were getting our *zz handed to us on offense but he and the defense stood strong. I remember countless times he kept making great plays in blow out games. Strahan played until the final whistle blew and he always came to play. If anybody deserves the right to speak it's Strahan.

BigJ
12-23-2012, 09:22 PM
Happy he said that perfectly true statment. They suck right now and truely should be embarrassed.

ghostoftommymaddox
12-23-2012, 09:31 PM
Strahan is entitled to his opinion, but he should check himself -- he played on his share of underachieving teams, as I recall. And, truth be told, very few people on that roster care what he thinks. He doesn't sign their paychecks.

I'm more disturbed by TC's "I can't explain it" mantra during the post-game. Hard to believe that -- he was there, about 20 feet from the action, and he coaches the team. Sounds like code for "Look, I still have to live with this group for another week -- no point in calling anyone out, since those people probably won't be back anyway."

Die-Hard
12-23-2012, 09:36 PM

**** him.

Did he say anything that was incorrect or off the mark? Why curse the guy for telling the truth? He's 100% right

nycisgreat
12-23-2012, 10:03 PM

+1

mike kennedy
12-23-2012, 10:06 PM

**** him.

Someone is having a bad time swallowing this reality. Wake up and smell the coffee, The little G Men are just boys and they are going home.

mike kennedy
12-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Strahan is entitled to his opinion, but he should check himself -- he played on his share of underachieving teams, as I recall. And, truth be told, very few people on that roster care what he thinks. He doesn't sign their paychecks.

I'm more disturbed by TC's "I can't explain it" mantra during the post-game. Hard to believe that -- he was there, about 20 feet from the action, and he coaches the team. Sounds like code for "Look, I still have to live with this group for another week -- no point in calling anyone out, since those people probably won't be back anyway."

Very few people on the roster care what he thinks? The roster we now have on defense couldn't do 1/2 of what Strahan has done for the team. Strahan hated practice and spring training but he showed up for every game. These clowns have almost completed a season of one of the worst GIANTS defenses in around 35 years. They are a bunch of clown who can't rush, can't tackle and can't cover.
So with 2 post, how many times have you been banned?

Roosevelt
12-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Let me remind you of all the mediocre Giants teams Strahan played on where we were getting our *zz handed to us on offense but he and the defense stood strong. I remember countless times he kept making great plays in blow out games. Strahan played until the final whistle blew and he always came to play. If anybody deserves the right to speak it's Strahan.

If we want to talk about tough times, let's talk about Harry Carson.

Harry was all about team, while Strahan was always about impersonating a body-builder after a sack while we were losing - until 2007.

Strahan can speak all he wants, but it doesn't mean he's not a hypocrite.

giantfanatic
12-23-2012, 10:21 PM
I love watching the miners get roasted go seahawks

Roosevelt
12-23-2012, 10:22 PM
Did he say anything that was incorrect or off the mark? Why curse the guy for telling the truth? He's 100% right

Like I said DH, after a devastating loss Strahan was out smiling doing TV spots. Remember?

ELI_Iz_God
12-23-2012, 10:23 PM
Strahan and Howie Long just said Giants not going to map playoffs after loss today even though not officially eliminated and he further stated they couldn't do anything if they got there. Howie Long said he would be embarrassed to leave his house if he were a Giant after the way they played. We are the joke of the NFL

The players should feel just as ****ty as the fans do....oh wait they were too busy laughing on the sidelines...nevermind

mike kennedy
12-23-2012, 10:24 PM
10.973 post? Are there any post where you make sense?

Die-Hard
12-23-2012, 10:24 PM
I love watching the miners get roasted go seahawks

Not for nothing, and I know the Giants dont deserve it, but if the Giants are to get a playoff spot, they need Seattle to lose

giantfanatic
12-23-2012, 10:25 PM
Our team ain't in the same league right now

Marvelousmik
12-23-2012, 10:25 PM
Not for nothing, and I know the Giants dont deserve it, but if the Giants are to get a playoff spot, they need Seattle to lose

I am beginning to think seattle can win the superbowl this year. they are no joke right now.

Die-Hard
12-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Like I said DH, after a devastating loss Strahan was out smiling doing TV spots. Remember?

Yes, I do. However, he's not a player anymore. He's paid for his opinions. He's a Giant for life, and he never tries to hide his love for them, even when he knows he's wrong. What he said was spot on. They have looked like pure garbage in every aspect, and he's just as annoyed as we are. Why can't he do what he's paid to do and voice his honest opinion? Again, it's not as if he's making anything up.

giantfanatic
12-23-2012, 10:31 PM
Seattle is real deal - where does Carroll find the convicts? Looking like a vintage SC team.

rebelfan1966
12-23-2012, 10:34 PM
They deserved to be trashed ...... maybe they can find an ounce of pride and try to do something about it.

Roosevelt
12-23-2012, 10:35 PM
Yes, I do. However, he's not a player anymore. He's paid for his opinions. He's a Giant for life, and he never tries to hide his love for them, even when he knows he's wrong. What he said was spot on. They have looked like pure garbage in every aspect, and he's just as annoyed as we are. Why can't he do what he's paid to do and voice his honest opinion? Again, it's not as if he's making anything up.

I didn't here what he said, but my only point is he didn't act like he was annoyed when he was all smiles after our loss. That's all I'm saying...

BMW
12-23-2012, 10:36 PM
49ers and Packers are trash, the way they lost to the Giants makes them trash. Any team that lost the way they did to this pathetic team is a joke.

dillyyo1972
12-23-2012, 10:38 PM
Sorry you're upset about his comments Roosevelt, but if you can't handle an honest assessment form a future HOF Giants player along with another Giants great in Carl Banks, then you are just a koolaid drinking rose colored eye glass wearing homer that is in super denial about how pathetic this team has played in the 2nd half & the D & O have been terribly erratic & inconsistant all yr!

And the erratic plat from this year is different from the past 8+ years how?! At least after 07' we went 10-1 till Plax shot himself and then we imploded. This year has just been disgusting.

giantfanatic
12-23-2012, 10:38 PM
I bet we hear Eli is hurt after the season. He has been off for some time. But I thought he actually ran well today.

Die-Hard
12-23-2012, 10:43 PM
I didn't here what he said, but my only point is he didn't act like he was annoyed when he was all smiles after our loss. That's all I'm saying...

Understood. I guess I just see it differently. It is well known that fans, more often than not, take the game a whole lot more seriously than the players. It's not a jab at you or anyone else. It's just that I dont expect any player to beat his head against a wall or go off in a drunken rage after a loss. They know enough to move on and try to prepare for the next game. Fans tend to look at it much differently.

gmen in va
12-23-2012, 10:45 PM
i'm piling on, but once again, no pride or desire, nor any sign of leadership on the field or from the sidelines. so sad.

GiantRoc
12-23-2012, 11:07 PM

**** him.

Sorry man, but pull your head out of the sand. Sometimes the truth hurts when it slaps the s**t out of you. Never blame a man who speaks the truth. As far as Strahan goes, you would be hard pressed to find many games where he had to walk off the field with his head down. If you leave it all out on the field, feel free to go party after the game.

giantfanatic
12-23-2012, 11:08 PM
Has anyone parlayed his giant career better than stray? Maybe Frank Gifford.

JJC7301
12-23-2012, 11:14 PM
I agree with the negative, and true, analysis, but the Giants during the Strahan years did plenty of not-showing-up, so he should recognize it well.