Osi
Boley
Rivers
Herzlich
Webster
Phillips
Austin
Tryon

Any others? Figure that should save us a nice chunk of change.

Toadofsteel
12-23-2012, 09:04 PM
Rivers and Phillips can stay, but need to take pay cuts... Pascoe can stay too.

Also, Beckum...

drewz
I don't agree with Rivers, Phillips, or Austin.. although all 3 seem to be injury prone

They are all great talents

bleeding blue
Baas
Snee
Pascoe
Bradshaw
Diehl
Barden
Tuck
Osi
Boley
Rivers
Herzlich
Webster
Phillips
Austin
Tryon

I would take Snee, Pascoe, Boley, Rivers, and Philips off that list.

I Hate T.O.
12-23-2012, 09:05 PM
I like Bear...he can block....I agree with the rest..

Roosevelt
12-23-2012, 09:05 PM
Did anyone mention Webster?

Toadofsteel
12-23-2012, 09:06 PM
Did anyone mention Webster?

OP list did

Ruttiger711
12-23-2012, 09:08 PM
yeah Boley was laughing but sorry, I still keep him.

Diehl, Snee, Baas and FEWELL - GO Please, times up

lavar2
12-23-2012, 09:22 PM
Phillips cannot stay healthy and Snee is below serviceable at this point. Boothe can at least get the job done but Snee gets beat on a regular basis and is now a penalty machine. Guy is done.

DayOneGiant
12-23-2012, 09:23 PM
yeah Boley was laughing but sorry, I still keep him.

Diehl, Snee, Baas and FEWELL - GO Please, times up

Don't think of Boley as special just bekuz he is one of our more talented LB's. That isn't saying much. He isn't all that, especially when you can get a more hungrier, athletic player in here for less. Maybe you don't understand how bad this defense actually is, I don't know. Rolle, JPP, Blackburn(even if only special teams), Prince, Canty & Johnson deserve to come back & fight for a spot. The rest, chopping block if you ask me.

Cloud57
12-23-2012, 09:25 PM
Webster is done he need to be cut NOW

DayOneGiant
12-23-2012, 09:27 PM
Webster is done he need to be cut NOW

Why was he not benched??? At least to save him the embarrasment.

Toadofsteel
12-23-2012, 09:27 PM
Players we should keep on defense:

JPP
Kiwi
Linval
Kuhn (looked good before IR)
Blackburn
WIlliams
Prince
Hosley
Hill
Stevie
Paysinger (as a ST only, and paid as such)

These guys I would keep only if they took pay cuts:
Canty
Rivers
KP
Rolle

Other than that, clean house.

Eliscruzzz
12-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Baas
Snee
Pascoe
Bradshaw
Diehl
Barden
Tuck
Osi
Boley
Rivers
Herzlich
Webster
Phillips
Austin
Tryon

Any others? Figure that should save us a nice chunk of change.You pretty much nailed them all...

DayOneGiant
12-23-2012, 09:32 PM
Players we should keep on defense:

JPP
Kiwi
Linval
Kuhn (looked good before IR)
Blackburn
WIlliams
Prince
Hosley
Hill
Stevie
Paysinger (as a ST only, and paid as such)

These guys I would keep only if they took pay cuts:
Canty
Rivers
KP
Rolle

Other than that, clean house.

Hosley??? No comprende.

lavar2
12-23-2012, 09:33 PM
The only ones I would say that are truly safe on defense are Canty, Linval, Jpp, Rolle, and Prince. Only ones that showed up almost every week and at least played with some sort of fight. Seriously when was the last time we had a mean, hungry football player on our defense that people feared? A Ray Lewis, Suggs type player? I"ll tell you, it's been a while...

paulj
12-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Baas Restructure
Snee Restructure
Pascoe Stay
Bradshaw Stay
Diehl Cut
Barden Keep
Tuck ?Maybe
Osi Cut
Boley ?Cut
Rivers Cut
Herzlich ?Mayabe
Webster Cut
Phillips Restructure

Austin ?
Tryon ?
Beckum Cut

Toadofsteel
12-23-2012, 10:04 PM
Hosley??? No comprende.

He's a rookie, and because we kept him out through much of the season as per Coughlin's "kill all rookies" crusade, he hadn't had much reps. Today he was in with webster much of the time and Webster still got targeted most of the time... Also he's on his rookie deal which isn't that bad on our cap.

nycisgreat
12-23-2012, 10:08 PM
Baas
Snee
Pascoe
Bradshaw
Diehl
Barden
Tuck
Osi
Boley
Rivers
Herzlich
Webster
Phillips
Austin
Tryon

I have no problems letting go anyone on that list. Philips is decent when healthy, but how often is he healthy.

Blueordead
12-23-2012, 10:29 PM
And replace them who who? This is not Madden football lol

nycisgreat
12-23-2012, 10:45 PM

I am confident in the any fresh bodies that Reese brings in.

ELI_Iz_God
12-23-2012, 10:51 PM
Baas
Snee
Pascoe
Bradshaw
Diehl
Barden
Tuck
Osi
Boley
Rivers
Herzlich
Webster
Phillips
Austin
Tryon

Thing is this Organization is so gushing with loyalty that no ones Job is ever on the line regardless. Poor performance is not met with consequence on any level and therefore never gets corrected. Jerry Reese is good at drafting talent but is blind to having an inept OC/DC. This organization is incapable of making the hard business decisions it NEEDS to make because they are too busy being loyal.

Redeyejedi
12-23-2012, 10:54 PM
Rivers and Phillips can stay, but need to take pay cuts... Pascoe can stay too.

Also, Beckum... if anything Phillips is getting a raise. He has been on a rookie deal and is a FA

ozzie0075
12-23-2012, 10:55 PM
He's a rookie, and because we kept him out through much of the season as per Coughlin's "kill all rookies" crusade, he hadn't had much reps. Today he was in with webster much of the time and Webster still got targeted most of the time... Also he's on his rookie deal which isn't that bad on our cap.

Hosley played a lot this season when he was healthy. But he is a rookie and you can't give up on him this quickly.

G-MENBK

Draft, FA.

Keeping them (Don't agree with the whole list) is only hurting the Giants.

Buddy333
They absolutely need an upgrade at LB.

Redeyejedi
12-23-2012, 10:57 PM
They absolutely need an upgrade at LB.They do but Pass rushers and CB's are more important

ozzie0075
12-23-2012, 10:58 PM
Draft, FA.

Keeping them (Don't agree with the whole list) is only hurting the Giants.

There is not going to be a whole lot of money to spend in FA.

G-MENBK
12-23-2012, 10:58 PM
They absolutely need an upgrade at LB.

After Prince, their secondary is putrid.

Defensive line plays with a bruised ego. Offensive line is just over the hill.

G-MENBK
12-23-2012, 10:59 PM
There is not going to be a whole lot of money to spend in FA.

Hopefully, we can trade some deadweight to free up some space.

elevenbravo
12-23-2012, 11:02 PM
The glorified LB named Antrel Rolle.

jax5338
12-23-2012, 11:02 PM
id revamp the whole oline save beatty and snee if he takes less. although snee hasnt been impressive at al. draft a T 1st round.

ozzie0075
12-23-2012, 11:04 PM
id revamp the whole oline save beatty and snee if he takes less. although snee hasnt been impressive at al. draft a T 1st round.

As nice as that sounds its difficult to revamp an offensive line without a lot of money to play with.

JMGGIANTS
12-23-2012, 11:10 PM
and nobody mentions keeping Stevie Brown on defense? Obvious oversight.

Toadofsteel
12-23-2012, 11:12 PM
and nobody mentions keeping Stevie Brown on defense? Obvious oversight.

I mentioned him...

JMGGIANTS
12-23-2012, 11:13 PM
Oh I must have missed him, sorry.

JMGGIANTS
12-23-2012, 11:14 PM
LOL I was looking for "Brown". I see you wrote "Stevie", that works.

Toadofsteel
12-23-2012, 11:14 PM
LOL I was looking for "Brown". I see you wrote "Stevie", that works.

Sorry, I keep calling him by his first name to differentiate from Andre... coincidentally, another name we need to keep.

lavar2
12-23-2012, 11:16 PM
Thing is this Organization is so gushing with loyalty that no ones Job is ever on the line regardless. Poor performance is not met with consequence on any level and therefore never gets corrected. Jerry Reese is good at drafting talent but is blind to having an inept OC/DC. This organization is incapable of making the hard business decisions it NEEDS to make because they are too busy being loyal. Right on point.

Buddy333
12-23-2012, 11:38 PM
They do but Pass rushers and CB's are more importantWho can they dump and who can the sign through FA? Not that you build a team by buying payers in FA, but every team needs some.

Antwuan
12-23-2012, 11:52 PM
Baas
Snee
Pascoe
Bradshaw
Diehl
Barden
Tuck
Osi
Boley
Rivers
Herzlich
Webster
Phillips
Austin
Tryon

Kenny Phillips? Really?

Martyr
12-23-2012, 11:56 PM
Sure cause getting rid of everyone will make the giants a better team

Giantterp
12-24-2012, 12:28 AM
Not going to happen...Most of those starters will be back-too much salary cap issues. The NFL just does not work that way. Unless there is a SURPRISE head coach change. Be prepared to see most of those folks next year. Obviously, OSI is gone. A few will restructure, like Tuck and Webster. Barden and Austin will probably be released.

I would take Bradshaw off the list anyway. Him Willson and Brown make a good 3 man combo.

JJC7301
12-24-2012, 12:32 AM
Baas
Snee
Pascoe
Bradshaw
Diehl
Barden
Tuck
Osi
Boley
Rivers
Herzlich
Webster
Phillips
Austin
Tryon

Pascoe -- capable back-up TE and FB. No desire to get rid of.

Bradshaw -- not keeping around for the same price, but he can still be a valuable back up and occassional starter. He's the LAST player on this team that has a set of balls, except for maybe Rolle. DON'T get rid of AB, but keep him at a reduced price.

Barden? THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN STARTING BARDEN OVER HIXON THE ENTIRE YEAR. Barden had a GREAT game-and-a-half this year which is MUCH more than you can say of Hixon.

Boley -- no, still has value. I put blame on the D-line, and not really the LB's.

Webster -- I'd give him one more year. I think that something's very physically wrong with him that we don't know about.

Austin -- can we give him one more year for getting rid of him? He hadn't played football in 2 years.

I've got no problem with any of the others getting the heave-ho.

Cloud57
12-24-2012, 12:40 AM
Webster -- I'd give him one more year. I think that something's very physically wrong with him that we don't know about.
Get outta here, this guy is finished, he's only gonna get worse next year.

cornerback30
12-24-2012, 12:46 AM
Thing is this Organization is so gushing with loyalty that no ones Job is ever on the line regardless. Poor performance is not met with consequence on any level and therefore never gets corrected. Jerry Reese is good at drafting talent but is blind to having an inept OC/DC. This organization is incapable of making the hard business decisions it NEEDS to make because they are too busy being loyal.After seeing this game turn into another blowout and on top of that to see some of our players laughing like nothing was wrong I have nothing to argue for the guys listed on this list

Buddy333
12-24-2012, 12:47 AM
Yeah Webster is done. Putting him out there next year would mean they where playing for a #1 draft pick the following year.

Diamondring
12-24-2012, 12:51 AM
Oh come on we don't need to clean house. Giants lost some key players and one of them is hurt. Giants can't do anything and lets hope they win it next week.

titwio
12-24-2012, 12:55 AM
Bradshaw gets no respect. Did you not see him sucking it up today when every other player would be at home watching on TV? The guy is a gamer and one of the toughest players I've EVER seen. He plays his heart out. His stats are good too...Only 12 games and almost 1000 yards yet most people just complain when he goes out every week and plays his heart out. IDK..those are the guys as a Giant fan that I can't complain or root against.

He may be banged up but if you ask me, he's worth what he's getting paid. In reality...his contract is not even that big. Next year after Wilson gets up to speed on his protection, the backfield will be more of a committee anyway but without Bradshaw... I'd hate to see what kind of motivation and heart this team will have left...if any.

Buddy333
12-24-2012, 12:58 AM
If everyone on this team had the heart of Bradshaw they might still have a chance or would have made the playoffs already. This team quit a couple of games ago.

berya
12-24-2012, 09:07 AM
Baas - weak center, unfortunately not going anywhere (big problem as far as I'm concerned)
Snee - salary should be cut in half
Pascoe - I'm ok with him as the 3rd tight end mostly because the o-line is garbage. If the o-line was actually good I wouldn't want him near the team
Bradshaw - He doesn't belong on this list. Cut salary yes. But he can play on my team any day of the week. Man is one of the few who gives a rats *** and can still play as far as I'm concerned.
Diehl - always liked Diehl, has been a warrior for us. That said IMO there is no way he is on the team next year.
Barden - keep him (obviously nothing special but I rather have him on the depth chart at receiver than some other bum/random bum that gets here)
Tuck - salary should be cut like 35-40%. Really need to draft a DE and move Kiwanuka to DE.
Osi - he is gone. Can retire somewhere else.
Boley - Should be gone as far as I'm concerned. Can they really let him go is another question. I mean the linebackers are total s**t and have been for a long time now.
Rivers - couldn't care less
Herzlich - gone
Webster - on the team as backup with a 1/2 pay cut. Veteran leadership.
Phillips - if he wants to sign for something like 2.8 mil then let him stay otherwise gone.
Austin - who cares
Tryon - Even with all the injuries we had at the cornerback how this guy is still around is beyond me. Gone.

But truth be told I wouldn't loose sleep cutting anybody from the roster unless their name was Eli, JPP, Nicks and Cruz. (probably Wilson too if only for his return game).

NamedMySonEli
12-24-2012, 09:13 AM
And replace them who who? This is not Madden football lolLmao its funny you say that because I have been saying we are playing on all pro lately