PDA

View Full Version : David "benched" Wilson

NYG4lifeNYK
12-23-2012, 08:04 PM
I am sorry they do not like you :(

Toadofsteel
12-23-2012, 08:05 PM
Me too... Wilson 5 touches and the only touchdown other than that garbage time to hixon...

I Hate T.O.
12-23-2012, 08:06 PM
3 carries 4.5 yd average and a TD.....So they sit him.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-23-2012, 08:08 PM
It's such a joke it really is

egyptian420
12-23-2012, 08:12 PM
But guys, Bradshaw's pass protection was superior

TooStupid
12-23-2012, 08:14 PM
This has gotten to the point of being ridiculous. Wilson has ONE 1 ONE 1 ONE lost fumble this year, and all we hear from the game announcers is his ball security problems...........Its like the twilight zone!!!!!!!!

Flip Empty
12-23-2012, 08:15 PM
Bull**** is what it is.

WR4Life
12-23-2012, 08:15 PM
I don't really happen to understand it that much either. Unfortunately, I feel like we will see even less of him next year when Andre Brown is back.

Toadofsteel
12-23-2012, 08:17 PM
I don't really happen to understand it that much either. Unfortunately, I feel like we will see even less of him next year when Andre Brown is back.

No, we'll see more of him next year, since even if TC somehow comes back, Wilson won't be a rookie anymore, and won't be subject to the "Screw over all the Rookies" crusade that Coughlin is on.

ibbill
12-23-2012, 08:20 PM
It's such a joke it really is

Best joke is they are running bradshaw with all his injuries when the game is over wtf are they thinking

dakotajoe
12-23-2012, 08:21 PM
Best joke is they are running bradshaw with all his injuries when the game is over wtf are they thinking

Exactly, and he shouldn't have even been out there in the first place.

WR4Life
12-23-2012, 08:23 PM
No, we'll see more of him next year, since even if TC somehow comes back, Wilson won't be a rookie anymore, and won't be subject to the "Screw over all the Rookies" crusade that Coughlin is on. I don't know about that. Look at 2007. Bradshaw looked awesome in the post season in 2007. He had 48 carries in the 2007 post season and only had 67 carries the following regular season when Derrick Ward was back. I think it may be another year before we see much of Wilson barring injuries.

BigBlueAllDay
12-23-2012, 08:29 PM
The game management was a total failure in addition to the LB blitz packages. They punt after a failed 3rd and 4 early in the 4th quarter down by 20 and onside kick with late in the 4th, down by 19 after scoring a meaningless TD.

TheShouldersOf
12-23-2012, 08:31 PM

Quoted

there are no words but Pathetic for playing Bradshaw

egyptian420
12-23-2012, 09:10 PM
Quoted

there are no words but Pathetic for playing Bradshawhe was supposed to give this team the emotional lift they were missing last week.....looks like Bradshaw isn't a miracle worker after all

giantfanatic
12-23-2012, 09:14 PM
The game management was a total failure in addition to the LB blitz packages. They punt after a failed 3rd and 4 early in the 4th quarter down by 20 and onside kick with late in the 4th, down by 19 after scoring a meaningless TD.
I go crazy watching the lack of coaching out of the box. I would have onside kicked at the start of the 2nd half...when it might actually have mattered.

mike kennedy
12-23-2012, 09:18 PM
Wilson was the GIANTS number 1 pick this year. They have failed to nurture him into the NFL. I wish we had coaches that can do that.

Tommy3rd
12-23-2012, 09:20 PM
they warned him about doing that flip celebration. Maybe they're teaching him a lesson for not following orders.

Cloud57
12-23-2012, 09:20 PM
Wilson was the GIANTS number 1 pick this year. They have failed to nurture him into the NFL. I wish we had coaches that can do that.He's on the wrong team, he would probably have over 1000 yrd if he was on the Eagles or skins

Eliscruzzz
12-23-2012, 09:21 PM
I don't know about that. Look at 2007. Bradshaw looked awesome in the post season in 2007. He had 48 carries in the 2007 post season and only had 67 carries the following regular season when Derrick Ward was back. I think it may be another year before we see much of Wilson barring injuries.Bradshaw was a seventh round pick....

mike kennedy
12-23-2012, 09:27 PM
He's on the wrong team, he would probably have over 1000 yrd if he was on the Eagles or skins

Great point and probably accurate!

byron
12-23-2012, 09:28 PM
he was supposed to give this team the emotional lift they were missing last week.....looks like Bradshaw isn't a miracle worker after all
this team for the most part, is made up of guys with passive personalities ...TC loves guys that don't talk back... over time we have lost the vocal leaders of this team guys that could fire up the core...seriously its pretty bad when the head coach has to go outside the locker room to guys fired up to play

Harooni
12-23-2012, 09:28 PM
i thought he was going to stop doing backflips????

Tmurda1984
12-23-2012, 09:29 PM

Like I will continue to say....If Wilson was a better 3rd down back he would see the field more. Even Reggie Bush made a living as a quality 3rd down back because he could be utilized as a receiver. Wilson gives to nothing on 3rd downs...hes not a short yardage back, hes not a receiver, and he still is not a blocker and got thrown into Eli last week. The coaches must of seen that block last week, and used him less this week.

Most young players start off as 3rd down backs....Wilson does not have the skillset to be that. Bradshaw had a solid year. If you watch guys like Doug Martin he can do it all, just like Alfred Morris. Im sorry but Wilson was a system running back at Virginia Tech and he needs to take this as a learning experience. He does have homerun speed, but that's it....there are plenty of quick guys in the NFL big deal...we need a playermaker and Wilson has not shown that as a 3rd down back....when he gets better at receiving, blocking, and short yardage situations he will get more time there. Bradshaw is clearly are best running back and should not be taken out of the game because of some Reese homers.

BMW
12-23-2012, 09:37 PM
TC is done, the guy needs to retire. He's just not the same coach anymore.

Cloud57
12-23-2012, 09:50 PM
TC is done, the guy needs to retire. He's just not the same coach anymore.yeah he had no answers today

TrueBlue10
12-23-2012, 10:45 PM
You guys have already said it so I don't have to, but, yea.... at this point, Wilson > Bradshaw.

Cloud57
12-23-2012, 10:47 PM
You guys have already said it so I don't have to, but, yea.... at this point, Wilson > Bradshaw.but but Bradshaw is a "workhorse",,,,

TheShouldersOf
12-23-2012, 10:55 PM
So you're saying Wilson could only get a big gain on first or second down but not third?

if it was a third and 3, and they run a toss to Wilson, are you saying he couldn't get more? or are you saying he couldn't pass protect if needed?

Cloud57
12-23-2012, 11:00 PM
So you're saying Wilson could only get a big gain on first or second down but not third?

if it was a third and 3, and they run a toss to Wilson, are you saying he couldn't get more? or are you saying he couldn't pass protect if needed?Wilson scored a TD and gets benched lol

TheShouldersOf
12-23-2012, 11:42 PM
That is what I've been saying!

Stoneroses
12-23-2012, 11:56 PM
this team for the most part, is made up of guys with passive personalities ...TC loves guys that don't talk back... over time we have lost the vocal leaders of this team guys that could fire up the core...seriously its pretty bad when the head coach has to go outside the locker room to guys fired up to play

I remember Kevin Boss being asked during the 2010 season who the vocal leader on the Giants was and he said Strahan. He knew it sounded strange when it came out. It cut back to the Fox studio where Jimmy Johnson was laughing.

scoostraw
12-23-2012, 11:57 PM
Ya gotta think it was the back-flip. Now I don't know for sure, but if it's true it makes you wonder...

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt86/scoostraw/inlet%20hosting/jints_bridge_zpsb5182ea4.jpg

JJC7301
12-23-2012, 11:59 PM
When the FO refuses to improve the o-line, I guess they need their attack weapons to start protecting the QB as well.

TC should bench Nicks and Cruz, too. They're not good in pass protection.

WR4Life
12-24-2012, 01:15 AM
Bradshaw was a seventh round pick....

Thats not the point though. Bradshaw showed that he could play and play well in the 2007 playoffs. Then he averaged about 4 carries a game the year after that. He averaged 12 carries a game in the 07 playoffs as a 7th round rookie when the other guys were hurt. The other guys are hurt right now and Wilson is getting 5 carries a game as a first round pick. It really makes zero sense.

Recap:
2007: Due to injuries, Ahmad Bradshaw receives roughly 12 carries a game in the playoff run as a 7th round rookie, proves he can play and play well, then gets 4 carries a game the following year.

2012: Due to injuries (and that seems to be the only reason) David Wilson is receiving only 5 carries a game as a 1st round rookie. Its not guaranteed he'll see a ton of the field next year either.

Toadofsteel
12-24-2012, 01:18 AM
Ya gotta think it was the back-flip. Now I don't know for sure, but if it's true it makes you wonder...

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt86/scoostraw/inlet%20hosting/jints_bridge_zpsb5182ea4.jpg

Wilson earned that backflip... he scored the only non-garbage time TD for the team in the past 2 weeks. smh

Toadofsteel
12-24-2012, 01:19 AM
Thats not the point though. Bradshaw showed that he could play and play well in the 2007 playoffs. Then he averaged about 4 carries a game the year after that. He averaged 12 carries a game in the 07 playoffs as a 7th round rookie when the other guys were hurt. The other guys are hurt right now and Wilson is getting 5 carries a game as a first round pick. It really makes zero sense.

It makes perfect sense to me. Old Man Coughlin doesn't like the young whippersnappers stinking up his joint...

Flip Empty
12-24-2012, 01:21 AM
Wilson scored a TD and gets benched lol
This. It's just inexcusable. If something is working - KEEP DOING IT. This team loses games simply because they want to stick.to their failarse gameplan.

Toadofsteel
12-24-2012, 01:31 AM
This. It's just inexcusable. If something is working - KEEP DOING IT. This team loses games simply because they want to stick.to their failarse gameplan.

Thats why I say it is all on the coaches... to be honest if my coach was acting like he was right even though the evidence on the field said a different story, I'd probably be giving up too...

scoostraw
12-24-2012, 01:39 AM
Wilson earned that backflip...
I suspect that he was told not to do it, and that his punishment was to ride the pine. I'd like to see Coughlin asked this directly actually.

Harooni
12-24-2012, 01:43 AM
I suspect that he was told not to do it, and that his punishment was to ride the pine. I'd like to see Coughlin asked this directly actually.

im thinking the same TC is old school he will dish out punishment until the rookies learn