PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me why Fewell makes Webster play facing the QB and not even touching

NYG4lifeNYK
12-23-2012, 10:08 PM
the receiver?

I know Webster has been atrocious this season, especially this game but why does Fewell LOVE this asinine ****ing defensive scheme..... the receiver comes off the line UNTOUCHED.

After you answer that why are we playing 10 yards off the receiver?

Moke
12-23-2012, 10:08 PM
Not sure, maybe because he knows he has some weaknesses would be my guess.

ny06
12-23-2012, 10:10 PM
Even the best defensive coordinator couldn't help Webster right now. You could run a go route on him and get a completion.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-23-2012, 10:10 PM
Not sure, maybe because he knows he has some weaknesses would be my guess.

He only adds to the weaknesses because Webster is a man press corner. He is beyond terrible when the receiver gets a free release and he has to play the ball.

No disruption at the LOS, nothing.... most bizarre defense I've seen since Sheridan. That putz was worse than Tim Lewis.

Tmurda1984
12-23-2012, 10:11 PM
You want Webster to play press and physical ? Lol we would be in for another long season. Like I keep preaching, Webster has no recovery speed and has never made big plays on the ball. His reaction time is terrible...and he has to go. He does not have the mental capability to play this game anymore.

nycisgreat
12-23-2012, 10:13 PM
the receiver?

I know Webster has been atrocious this season, especially this game but why does Fewell LOVE this asinine ****ing defensive scheme..... the receiver comes off the line UNTOUCHED.

After you answer that why are we playing 10 yards off the receiver?

Honestly, you are asking a good question that Fewell himself doesn't have the answer for.

DaKraken
12-23-2012, 10:13 PM
I'm not defending Webster as he's been overall pretty bad all year but there were a few catches on him tonight that were flat-out great throws and receptions rather than poor coverage.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-23-2012, 10:16 PM
You want Webster to play press and physical ? Lol we would be in for another long season. Like I keep preaching, Webster has no recovery speed and has never made big plays on the ball. His reaction time is terrible...and he has to go. He does not have the mental capability to play this game anymore.
The point that he has no recovery speed anymore hits on my point that he should be playing man coverage not release and pray for an incompletion....

bearbryant
12-23-2012, 10:16 PM
Thats the real answer. There was a time that WEebby could play in this league, not anymore. he's finished. Good thing his contract raeds that way.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-23-2012, 10:17 PM
I'm not defending Webster as he's been overall pretty bad all year but there were a few catches on him tonight that were flat-out great throws and receptions rather than poor coverage.
Yup like that one handed grab by Torrey Smith