PDA

View Full Version : In order we need: OC, DC, C, OT, OG, CB, ILB, DE, SAM, RB ... wow we are in trouble

NYG4lifeNYK
12-23-2012, 10:28 PM
Hopefully both Gilbride and Fewell are gone. I'd ask Carl Banks to try his hand as our DC.
Baas sucks.
Diehl is gone.
Snee gets a pass this season, see how he performs next year.
Beatty is a stud.
Webster probably gone unless he takes a huge pay cut and is used as depth... doubtful
Chase cannot be our MLB next season. He may hustle but he's bad. He only looks decent because of our terrible defense
Tuck is either going to retire or be cut. Osi and the team will probably part ays even though I think he can still be effective
Kiwi can't stay at SAM.... need more speed there
Bradshaw is always injured and never practices. Andre Brown hopefully comes back 100% healthy, we need depth

Rudyy
12-23-2012, 10:28 PM
No DE?

NYG4lifeNYK
12-23-2012, 10:30 PM
No DE?

Completely forgot about that..... you make me even more depressed lol...

Rudyy
12-23-2012, 10:31 PM
Completely forgot about that..... you make me even more depressed lol...lol blame the team.

I Hate T.O.
12-23-2012, 10:31 PM
we are in trouble...BIG TIME

drewz
12-23-2012, 10:32 PM
nope CB is #1

CB > C/G > OT > DE

Harooni
12-23-2012, 10:33 PM
oh and to make it worse our cap situation stinks next season, we might not be able to sign a water boy.

gmen0820
I wonder how much we offer Beatty, or if we just let him walk.

NYG4lifeNYK
nope CB is #1

CB > C/G > OT > DE
Nope.

Nothing is more important than fixing the OL

We need a RT and unless we plan on going with Baas at C we need an upgrade there.

gmen0820
12-23-2012, 10:34 PM
oh and to make it worse our cap situation stinks next season, we might not be able to sign a water boy.So much dead weight is coming off. Tuck, Webster, Diehl, and Osi count for roughly 25 million this year.

BMW
12-23-2012, 10:34 PM
This team is going nowhere for many years to come.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-23-2012, 10:35 PM
I wonder how much we offer Beatty, or if we just let him walk.

That's not even an option unless Eli wants to practice throwing from a wheelchair during the off season

Not a chance we let Beatty walk. We drafted him and hes beginning to pan out

moosedrool
12-23-2012, 10:37 PM
Need to take the cap hits this offseason, sacrifice 2013 and play for 2014. We can't win with this defense, and they'll be a year older next year.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-23-2012, 10:54 PM
Need to take the cap hits this offseason, sacrifice 2013 and play for 2014. We can't win with this defense, and they'll be a year older next year.
No.

We are still in win now mode so long as we have Eli. Have to do everything in our power to win every single year as long as Eli is under Center.... no matter how bad our center is(Baas)

NYG4lifeNYK
12-23-2012, 10:56 PM
Baas gone this off season as well?

$4,250,000 for 2013

Cloud57
12-23-2012, 10:59 PM
man...and I thought the Jets were in trouble

Imgrate
12-23-2012, 11:02 PM
Centers and guards dont win games. Qbs pass rushers and cover guys do. DE is by far our top need

Harooni
12-23-2012, 11:04 PM
So much dead weight is coming off. Tuck, Webster, Diehl, and Osi count for roughly 25 million this year. nah giants a stubborn they hold on to them and even so will take cap hits , also osi is only due 1mill for 2013.

Cloud57
12-23-2012, 11:04 PM
Centers and guards dont win games. Qbs pass rushers and cover guys do. DE is by far our top needNope secondary is

ELI_Iz_God
12-23-2012, 11:06 PM
JPP needs to be named the new "C" for the Defense..Tuck mentally retired after the superbowl....

NYG4lifeNYK
Centers and guards dont win games. Qbs pass rushers and cover guys do. DE is by far our top need

Games are lost and won in the trenches. That goes for the O-line too not just D-line

If Eli has to throw it away, or rush his throws, or gets sacked, or constantly gets flushed out of the pocket, or Bennett has to stay in for blocking duties rather than exploit the defense..... how do you expect to win?

Eli needs time and our receivers need time to win on their routes.

JJC7301
No DE?
+1. Need DE's and DT's because the DE's are done and the DT's stink.

I'm not interested in changing OC and DC. I'm very happy with the coaches.

I'm fine with RB, for now, but the o-line needs improvement. Diehl does need to go, and one of the guard positions needs to be improved.

Redeyejedi
12-23-2012, 11:07 PM
Centers and guards dont win games. Qbs pass rushers and cover guys do. DE is by far our top needYep I will be shocked if it isnt a pass rusher in the first round

Toadofsteel
12-23-2012, 11:16 PM
Yep I will be shocked if it isnt a pass rusher in the first round

We need OL more than DL to be honest.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-23-2012, 11:17 PM
Problem with OL is there aren't many that warrant a high selection in the draft.

Imgrate
12-23-2012, 11:19 PM
Problem with OL is there aren't many that warrant a high selection in the draft.Because interior line isn't a valuable position. There's a reason pass rushers get drafted far more often than interior lineman as well as get paid much more than them

NYG4lifeNYK
12-23-2012, 11:20 PM
Because interior line isn't a valuable position. There's a reason pass rushers get drafted far more often than interior lineman as well as get paid much more than them

It's not valuable draft wise but on a football team OL is the highest importance because QB is the UTMOST highest importance

rtr1105
12-23-2012, 11:22 PM
Williams should do fine at strong side. He could cover a linebacker and has great speed. Boley can't cover (I know he's a WLB, but he lines up against tight ends and pulls a Webster against them). I don't pay tons of attention to the O-Line, but isn't Baas alright against the run. I know Diehl needs to go, and Snee looked terrible today. And we definitely need a corner. Webster needs to go, he sucks. Thankfully Prince broke out this year or else we would've been in deep doo doo. I'm not overly concerned with the HB spot. Bradshaw is inconsistent and he could go if we need him to, but I think Brown and Wilson could develop into a nice tandem in the future. Wilson as the scat back and Brown as the north-south guy, kind of like Jacobs and Bradshaw in the "old days." From what I'm hearing, either Phillips or Rolle will be gone next year. I think it should be Rolle. Phillips is good in coverage and not horrible against the run. Rolle is much better against the run, but he couldn't cover a rock.

gmenfan0488
12-23-2012, 11:23 PM
we'll be NFCE cellar dwellers for the next 10+ years. I've accepted it.

ELI_Iz_God
12-23-2012, 11:27 PM
we'll be NFCE cellar dwellers for the next 10+ years. I've accepted it.

If that's true then we need to trade off all our Talent for high picks..let the rebuilding begin!

NYG4lifeNYK
12-23-2012, 11:29 PM
Williams should do fine at strong side. He could cover a linebacker and has great speed. Boley can't cover (I know he's a WLB, but he lines up against tight ends and pulls a Webster against them). I don't pay tons of attention to the O-Line, but isn't Baas alright against the run. I know Diehl needs to go, and Snee looked terrible today. And we definitely need a corner. Webster needs to go, he sucks. Thankfully Prince broke out this year or else we would've been in deep doo doo. I'm not overly concerned with the HB spot. Bradshaw is inconsistent and he could go if we need him to, but I think Brown and Wilson could develop into a nice tandem in the future. Wilson as the scat back and Brown as the north-south guy, kind of like Jacobs and Bradshaw in the "old days." From what I'm hearing, either Phillips or Rolle will be gone next year. I think it should be Rolle. Phillips is good in coverage and not horrible against the run. Rolle is much better against the run, but he couldn't cover a rock.

Jacquian Williams is a stud it's all a question to where he's going to play and how many downs.
I still like Boley.
Prince is looking good and Hosley looks promising. Need a #2 and depth there.
We need depth at RB behind Wilson and Brown. I think we should cut Bradshaw, he makes a lot of money.
Rolle hopefully will restructure much cheaper but he's very valuable especially in the box.
KP should get a new contract even with Stevie Brown and Will Hill emerging. Nice tandem.

DaKraken
12-23-2012, 11:29 PM
wow sky is falling - c'mon folks finish the season

rtr1105
12-23-2012, 11:31 PM
Jacquian Williams is a stud it's all a question to where he's going to play and how many downs.
I still like Boley.
Prince is looking good and Hosley looks promising. Need a #2 and depth there.
We need depth at RB behind Wilson and Brown. I think we should cut Bradshaw, he makes a lot of money.
Rolle hopefully will restructure much cheaper but he's very valuable especially in the box.
KP should get a new contract even with Stevie Brown and Will Hill emerging. Nice tandem.

I agree with the depth behind Wilson and Brown but that can't be a top priority.
And Stevie and Hill should be be good. Hill hasn't been too bad against the run and he's been a pretty good nickel corner. Stevie is a great ballhawk. Good for some much needed pass coverage over the middle.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-23-2012, 11:39 PM
wow sky is falling - c'mon folks finish the season

Imgrate
12-24-2012, 12:27 AM
It's not valuable draft wise but on a football team OL is the highest importance because QB is the UTMOST highest importanceAnd pass rushers hit qbs. Why do you think they get paid more? Because teams value them more.

gabriel_1
12-24-2012, 12:34 AM
Every team has need, it's almost impossible to fill every single one of them. But you got it right I think OC and DC have to replaced. CB is our biggest need. Seeing our secondary get torched by Joe Flacco who is at the most an above average quarterback was embarrassing. The Giants should aim for a big physical CB in the draft. Next I believe a O-Linemen, maybe even someone coming out of Free Agency or second round in the draft.