PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild & Leadership

JJC7301
12-23-2012, 11:02 PM
This team needs to be rebuilt, and leadership needs to be imported through FA and the draft.

Harry Carson, LT and Carl Banks never would have accepted losing like this. Players like that would have taken it personal. Bradshaw's the only guy from today's team that would fit in with that crew from the '80s. I can't ever remember no-show games like this modern era of Giants have given us.

Eli's a leader in his own way, but you also need vocal leadership who will give their teammates a kick in the ***. And that we're-going-to-get-you toughness. This team doesn't have it.

Both the o-line and d-line need to be rebuilt, and believe it or not, I think the d-line is even worse than the o-line.

No hate towards these guys because I've liked so much of them for so long, but their performance is just intolerable and this organization needs to move on from Tuck, Osi, Canty, Diehl and Snee.

I'd give Web one more year, but not guarantee him the starting job. I can't believe that he dropped off that much in one year. Something's physically wrong there.

We need an infusion of YOUNG and NEW talent because these guys just aren't hungry. Look at the 'hawks and 'skins -- teams who haven't won anything in years playing their tails off. There's too much complacency that needs to be gotten rid of.

Toadofsteel
12-23-2012, 11:03 PM
There's also the fact that the Hawks and Skins are willing to put their futures in the hands of wookies, something that our coaching staff is completely unwilling to do...

JJC7301
12-23-2012, 11:18 PM
There's also the fact that the Hawks and Skins are willing to put their futures in the hands of wookies, something that our coaching staff is completely unwilling to do...
Well, this team was the defending champs and the vast majority of starters were returning from last year's campaign. If you're talking about Wilson, yeah, I have to agree to a point, but I would have used Andre Brown much more when he was still healthy.

With Wilson, I'd like it more if the coaches worried more about having their RB actually being able to run the ball and break some runs, instead of protecting the QB. Maybe it's time to work on improving the line and letting the RB focus more on running. I've never heard of a team so focused on their RB's # 1 job as having to protect the QB.

Rusty192
12-23-2012, 11:25 PM
There's also the fact that the Hawks and Skins are willing to put their futures in the hands of wookies, something that our coaching staff is completely unwilling to do...Well to be fair I hear Wookies can be highly unreasonable. Like tearing off your limbs unreasonable. Can't fault our coaching staff for shying away from that sorta thing.

JJC7301
12-23-2012, 11:27 PM
Well to be fair I hear Wookies can be highly unreasonable. Like tearing off your limbs unreasonable. Can't fault our coaching staff for shying away from that sorta thing.
Are you kidding? Wookies are EXACTLY what this team needs right now -- some hairy nastiness.

Time to draft Chewy in the 1st round this year, out of Galactic Empire University.

Rusty192
12-24-2012, 09:25 PM
Are you kidding? Wookies are EXACTLY what this team needs right now -- some hairy nastiness.

Time to draft Chewy in the 1st round this year, out of Galactic Empire University.Chewy went over to the darkside? I'm disappointed in him. I hope they tank this year.

Martyr
12-24-2012, 09:31 PM
The Giants do have some young talent.

Hill, Brown, Muka, & Holesy in the secondary
Herzlich, Paysinger, & J Will at Lb
Kuhn, Tracy

GMAN2K9
12-24-2012, 09:47 PM
The Wookies are not known for the 40 yard dash times....

Tmurda1984
12-24-2012, 10:42 PM

Both those franchises had pretty good teams and finally found their franchise QB's. The Redskins for year's could not find a QB and RG3 is very good and the Seahawks was finally able to move past Whitehurst and Tavaris Jackson. Seattle has a solid veteran group...very good leaders on defense and Marshawn Lynch is an animal....they are the scariest team in the NFC especially playing them in Qwest Field. Seattle is no joke, I also find the Bengals very entertaining to watch, my girlfriend is a Bengal fan.

Cloud57
12-24-2012, 10:47 PM
Wookies?

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070120142448/starwars/images/d/d1/WookieeWarriors.jpg

Rat_bastich
12-24-2012, 11:48 PM
I'd be careful about looking for leadership in the draft. In 2006 I remember EA talked about that and this was the draft:

1 32(32) Mathias Kiwanuka DE Boston College
2 12(44) Sinorice Moss WR Miami (FL)
3 32(96) Gerris Wilkinson ILB Georgia Tech
4 27(124) Barry Cofield Jr. DT Northwestern
4 32(129) Guy Whimper T East Carolina
5 25(158) Charlie Peprah S Alabama
7 24(232) Gerrick McPhearson CB Maryland

I think only Peprah, Cofield and Kiwanuka still play.

ALLnygIN
12-25-2012, 12:03 AM
The Giants do have some young talent.

Hill, Brown, Muka, & Holesy in the secondary
Herzlich, Paysinger, & J Will at Lb
Kuhn, Tracy

Herzlich, paysinger and jwill should be nothing more than options of depth not starters.