PDA

View Full Version : Hear me out...

Eliscruzzz
12-24-2012, 12:03 AM
I'm not giving up yet we still have a great chance next week to get in depending on what the Redskins do. Vikings can very well lose to the Packers but they (Packers) will have to play after Seattle's win tonight. Then we got the game I'm worried about Chicago and Detroit what Detroit team shows up?? Last the Sunday Night game Redskins at Dallas. I'm pretty sure that the Redskins are going to want to win the division. IF AND THAT'S AN BIG IF we win on Sunday we really do have a good chance still. Thoughts....

Toadofsteel
12-24-2012, 12:05 AM
What's the point? We're going to be one and done with this crew anyway... let's get a better draft pick and schedule...

FBomb
12-24-2012, 12:06 AM
"Finished"

G-MENBK
12-24-2012, 12:06 AM
What's the point? We're going to be one and done with this crew anyway... let's get a better draft pick and schedule...

I concur.

There are players who need to hang them up and players who are better suited away from the Giants.

Eliscruzzz
12-24-2012, 12:07 AM
alright, alright just trying to find some optimism in this last week...ok how about we just beat the Eagles please.

Buddy333
12-24-2012, 12:07 AM
They have a great chance based on what 5 teams do?

fourth&forever
12-24-2012, 12:08 AM
If the Jints are playing, I'm watching and rooting. No matter how dim it looks. We Giant fans have lived through much worse actually. Last game of the regular season and there is still a chance.

signed,
another thick & thin fan

Eliscruzzz
12-24-2012, 12:09 AM
What's the point? We're going to be one and done with this crew anyway... let's get a better draft pick and schedule...What's the point?? um.... there is this trophy at the end of the year that the Giants can get.... That's just me though I so much rather have an Lombardi and you never know what can happen.

Eliscruzzz
12-24-2012, 12:11 AM
They have a great chance based on what 5 teams do?6 teams, but look at the matchups all those teams could lose there is not one where you can say oh that team will win...

Paradroid
12-24-2012, 12:11 AM
Hear me out: do you realize that Seattle would have to lose to the Rams? I'm pretty sure that's the case.

G-MENBK
12-24-2012, 12:12 AM
What's the point?? um.... there is this trophy at the end of the year that the Giants can get.... That's just me though I so much rather have an Lombardi and you never know what can happen.

What have you seen from the defense and offense that has lead you to deduce that the Giants have another shot of raising the Lombardi?

Jtuck
12-24-2012, 12:14 AM
What's the point?? um.... there is this trophy at the end of the year that the Giants can get.... That's just me though I so much rather have an Lombardi and you never know what can happen.

Take those blue colored glasses off! It's over for the G-men! They are not making the playoffs! Even if they did, they will embarrass us fans even more by getting blown out, just like in SB 35!

fourth&forever
12-24-2012, 12:14 AM
What have you seen from the defense and offense that has lead you to deduce that the Giants have another shot of raising the Lombardi?
How much of a shot did you give them last year? or 2007?

Eliscruzzz
12-24-2012, 12:16 AM
Hear me out: do you realize that Seattle would have to lose to the Rams? I'm pretty sure that's the case.well your wrong that's not the case...I'm talking about GB they have to play cause the 49ers have the 2nd seed until tonight....and they want it.

Buddy333
12-24-2012, 12:18 AM
It doesn't matter because the Eagles will beat the Giants again.

Eliscruzzz
12-24-2012, 12:18 AM
What have you seen from the defense and offense that has lead you to deduce that the Giants have another shot of raising the Lombardi?Ok knew this was a bad idea whatever just saying, you never know what can happen but you can all give up...

fourth&forever
12-24-2012, 12:19 AM
It doesn't matter because the Eagles will beat the Giants again.
atta boy Buddy

JJC7301
12-24-2012, 12:20 AM
The Giants don't deserve to make it.

Buddy333
12-24-2012, 12:20 AM
atta boy BuddyWhat? This team has quit. Did you not watch the last two games?

Paradroid
12-24-2012, 12:21 AM
well your wrong that's not the case...I'm talking about GB they have to play cause the 49ers have the 2nd seed until tonight....and they want it.

ah right my bad. Chicago has to lose to the Lions, though.

Eliscruzzz
Look this team played uninspired football, you really think that if they got in they would play like this?? If all those teams lost and we got in guess how we would play first??? The 49ers and we can beat them. If we beat them guess who we would play next??? Atlanta and you don't think our guys would be out for blood??? Then maybe GB or who ever we could have the same run as last year....just saying.

Buddy333
The Giants don't deserve to make it.A couple of ex players have basically said the same thing.

Eliscruzzz
12-24-2012, 12:22 AM
ah right my bad. Chicago has to lose to the Lions, though. Yeah they do but I already said that is the team game that scares me most.

bearbryant
12-24-2012, 12:23 AM
Yeh, I'll never be anything but a Giants fan however... This team is DONE!

fourth&forever
12-24-2012, 12:24 AM
What? This team has quit. Did you not watch the last two games?
I don't understand fans like you that run up the white flag before you need to.

Eliscruzzz
12-24-2012, 12:24 AM
atta boy BuddyAt least one person is not giving in yet...but I'm drunk before I was done with the season.,,,lol, but I honestly think there is a chance.

TheEnigma
12-24-2012, 12:25 AM
Pretty sure that the Cowboys HAVE to beat the Redskins in order for the Giants to get a WC. Redskins have tiebreakers over us in that regard.

Edit: Whoops, had it mixed up. Redskins have to win or we are out.

G-MENBK

In '07, the defense was more than reliable.

Last year, even though the offense sucked against the Skins, you still had the defense playing steady. The rest was history.

This year? Everything is out of sync. O-line can't block, our running game has come to a standstill, Eli isn't making those crisp passes, receivers aren't coming down with the ball, the D-line can't get pressure on the QB (Forget about sacks), they can't contain the run, and we have Swiss cheese for a secondary.

All that should make me be an optimist?

Buddy333
I don't understand fans like you that run up the white flag before you need to.The guys that actually play the game ran up the white flag last week.

Eliscruzzz
12-24-2012, 12:29 AM
Take those blue colored glasses off! It's over for the G-men! They are not making the playoffs! Even if they did, they will embarrass us fans even more by getting blown out, just like in SB 35!lol... thanks man

Eliscruzzz
12-24-2012, 12:30 AM
Pretty sure that the Cowboys HAVE to beat the Redskins in order for the Giants to get a WC. Redskins have tiebreakers over us in that regard.I'm saying that the Redskins will win Sunday Night the want the division title..

BigBlueAllDay
12-24-2012, 12:32 AM
Pretty sure that the Cowboys HAVE to beat the Redskins in order for the Giants to get a WC. Redskins have tiebreakers over us in that regard.

No I think it has to be the other way around. Redskins have a better record than both the Cowboys and Giants that are tied now. The only way is for the Redskins to knock the Cowboys below the Giants (if the Giants don't come out tanking that game as well and manage to get a win). It's kinda of sad to be needing the Lions to win, lol that's for sure and then followed by the idiotic threads blaming the Lions for not winning as if they were ever winners in the first place.

TheEnigma
12-24-2012, 12:33 AM
Yeah, I had it mixed up. Apologies.

Eliscruzzz
12-24-2012, 12:34 AM
Yeah, I had it mixed up. Apologies.np

GeoGoGo
12-24-2012, 12:35 AM

Those two teams never quit like this years team. No heart, no fire, and no pride. I have never been embarassed to be a Giant fan before.

fourth&forever
12-24-2012, 12:36 AM
In '07, the defense was more than reliable.

Last year, even though the offense sucked against the Skins, you still had the defense playing steady. The rest was history.

This year? Everything is out of sync. O-line can't block, our running game has come to a standstill, Eli isn't making those crisp passes, receivers aren't coming down with the ball, the D-line can't get pressure on the QB (Forget about sacks), they can't contain the run, and we have Swiss cheese for a secondary.

All that should make me be an optimist?

I agree it looks positively bleak right now. Not many signs of life.
But our last two rings were completely unexpected and against all odds.
You never know. Thats why you never give up. (At least I'm not going to).

fourth&forever
12-24-2012, 12:37 AM
Those two teams never quit like this years team. No heart, no fire, and no pride. I have never been embarassed to be a Giant fan before.
you weren't alive in the 70's huh?

Eliscruzzz
12-24-2012, 12:37 AM
You never know. Thats why you never give up. (At least I'm not going to). Well said.....

G-MENBK
12-24-2012, 01:10 AM
You never know. Thats why you never give up. (At least I'm not going to).

Our two rings were unexpected, but we have something to compare and contrast between those seasons and this one: in both those seasons, players were coming back from injuries, the offense and defense were clicking, and we were putting up more than just a decent fight.

This year? Players aren't even trying. They are unmotivated. To me, that's worse than a player coming down with an injury. Everything is just in disarray.

giantsfan420
12-24-2012, 01:47 AM
What exaclty has to happen? Minn loss/ chic loss/ dallas loss? That doesnt seem that crazy?

wrek537emc
12-24-2012, 01:53 AM
The team went on an early vacation this year. time to rebuild, they have their rings... time to get a ring for the new guys.

Toadofsteel
12-24-2012, 01:59 AM
you weren't alive in the 70's huh?

In the 70s there just wasn't any actual talent on the team. Nowadays, we have talent, the talent just doesn't care anymore...

wrek537emc
12-24-2012, 02:14 AM
In the 70s there just wasn't any actual talent on the team. Nowadays, we have talent, the talent just doesn't care anymore...

what he said! couldnt have said it better. Eli actually looked heated in today's game... he has the fire... every1 else was laughing it up on the sidelines.

Toadofsteel
12-24-2012, 02:27 AM
what he said! couldnt have said it better. Eli actually looked heated in today's game... he has the fire... every1 else was laughing it up on the sidelines.

It's just like the yankees this year... You have your captain (Eli/Jeter), a couple FA pickups (Locklear, Brown, Brown, Bennett on Giants, two of which were injured, and Ichiro on the yankees), and some younger guys (Nuņez on yankees, Wilson and Hynocerous on Giants) that cared. Everyone else just didn't give a crap, especially certain people like Tuck and A-rod...

miked1958
12-24-2012, 02:36 AM
6 teams, but look at the matchups all those teams could lose there is not one where you can say oh that team will win...yea but not once over past 2-3 weeks has any team that would benefit the giants by losing Actually done so. They have all pulled off major rabbits out of the hat. Just not in the Cards this year

miked1958
12-24-2012, 02:56 AM
For example. Today the giants could of clinched with a win and Washington, Vikings, bears and Dallas losses. And also a Seattle loss would of helped for this week. None lost except for Dallas. And they barely lost

miked1958
12-24-2012, 03:02 AM
So now your saying we have a good shot and we need Chicago, minny and Dallas to lose while we win? If it came down to the Dallas and skins game and we were still alive. Which I doubt. Skins would be in no matter what. A win and they take divison. A loss and they would knock us from the sixth seed. That crazy ending today saw to that. Dallas needs to win or they are eliminated. I think if it gets down to the end and Dallas has a lead skins won't push the envelope and risk injury to key players when they know they already have a spot sew up

BMW
12-24-2012, 03:17 AM
This team can't beat the eagles even if they played with a few less guys on the field, lions are terrible and will lose to the bears anyway.

miked1958
12-24-2012, 03:37 AM
This team can't beat the eagles even if they played with a few less guys on the field, lions are terrible and will lose to the bears anyway.doesnt matter. We controlled own destiny and blew it. We don't deserve a playoff spot

GiantRoc
12-24-2012, 04:01 AM
What exaclty has to happen? Minn loss/ chic loss/ dallas loss? That doesnt seem that crazy?

You forgot the Giants victory. After the last must win games, I think that may be the long shot of the whole scenario. Playoffs or not, I'd like to see them play a decent game again. I don't see much hope for a sustained run though.