PDA

View Full Version : Coughlin will be HC next year-take off the clown suits

Kez Simpson
12-23-2012, 11:07 PM
Where are all these Ronald McDonald clowns coming from? You don't get axed after winning two superbowls with a franchise in the last 5. These kind of Giants fans are spoiled. Yes, this season has been disappointing, but we got some what have you done for me lately fans a season too soon.

WiIdcat
12-23-2012, 11:10 PM
It's not that coughlin is losing it's the way they lose and how it's always a collapse. ****ing retire already old timer.

FBomb
12-23-2012, 11:11 PM
Well....unless he retires.....but he sure as hell isn't getting fired any time soon.

CDN_G-FAN
12-23-2012, 11:11 PM
if the fans of this city ran this franchise, we wouldn't have had either SB ring, because we'd have changed our HC 5 times by now.

Giggles2013
12-23-2012, 11:12 PM
I know he will be. He was given a lifetime pass with that second Super Bowl. He'll no longer be the coach when he chooses to retire.

sharick88
12-23-2012, 11:14 PM
I like Coughlin. I just think that Gilbride and Fewell are inept. The only possible way to get rid of these two is possibly get rid of Coughlin. Do you really think that Coughlin will kick both of his coordinators to the curb? I don't think so. Despite his recent success (2 SBs in 5 years), it is obvious that he is white noise to the players right now. They seem satisfied. Two do or die games and they get dominated 67-14? I've come to terms that we just might be entering rebuilding mode. This team will not look the same next year at all.

sharick88
12-23-2012, 11:14 PM
I know he will be. He was given a lifetime pass with that second Super Bowl. He'll no longer be the coach when he chooses to retire.

Sad, but true.

Kez Simpson
12-23-2012, 11:17 PM
if the fans of this city ran this franchise, we wouldn't have had either SB ring, because we'd have changed our HC 5 times by now.

Agreed, to many armchair HC's and GM's around here. After the two superbowl runs, I'm pretty sure our GM and HC know what they are doing, despite our recent poor run of play. I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt in running a football team lol.

Kez Simpson
12-23-2012, 11:18 PM

Didn't work out for Shannahan in Denver, but I see your point.

giantsval
12-23-2012, 11:20 PM
Something has to change....no pride left this year

Cloud57
12-23-2012, 11:21 PM
He shouldn't be fired but he needs to retire

Kez Simpson
12-23-2012, 11:21 PM
Something has to change....no pride left this year

Our invisible pass-rush, piecemeal secondary= recipe for disaster.

Kez Simpson
12-23-2012, 11:22 PM
He shouldn't be fired but he needs to retire

That seems more likely, but I think he's to stubborn, who would be his successor?

sharick88
12-23-2012, 11:23 PM
OP, are you cool with Coughlin bringing back both Fewell and Gilbride next season? I think the Giants are in a really tough spot when it comes to coaching staff. A really tough decision is going to have to be made.

Kez Simpson
12-23-2012, 11:24 PM
OP, are you cool with Coughlin bringing back both Fewell and Gilbride next season? I think the Giants are in a really tough spot when it comes to coaching staff. A really tough decision is going to have to be made.

Fewell scheme worked fine last year when the pass-rush woke up, our pass-rush has been non-existent, Gilbride I can't advocate for him...:(

younggiant
12-23-2012, 11:26 PM

This is when the GM need to have some balls. Tell Coughlin to get some new coordinators in there or retire. if not, thanks for the Super Bowls....you're fired! Lol

sharick88
12-23-2012, 11:27 PM
Fewell scheme worked fine last year when the pass-rush woke up, our pass-rush has been non-existent, Gilbride I can't advocate for him...:(

Fair enough.

gmen0820
12-23-2012, 11:29 PM
Let's build that bridge baby

sharick88
12-23-2012, 11:29 PM
This is when the GM need to have some balls. Tell Coughlin to get some new coordinators in there or retire. if not, thanks for the Super Bowls....you're fired! Lol

Personally, I would have fired them all prior to the Falcons game. After that, I would give them 3 weeks to win their jobs back. LOL

bearbryant
12-23-2012, 11:31 PM
"Great week of practice"!

big blue dog
12-23-2012, 11:31 PM
team is old in spots but consistency is troubling and lack of adjustments when players are injured RE wide outs

Kez Simpson
12-23-2012, 11:32 PM
Let's build that bridge baby

I think the construction crew gave up midway.

younggiant
12-23-2012, 11:32 PM
Personally, I would have fired them all prior to the Falcons game. After that, I would give them 3 weeks to win their jobs back. LOL

LOL! I respect Coughlin a lot, but these 2nd half meltdowns are tiredsome. Even the Two Super Bowl seasons we won we barely got in the the playoffs. Gilbride gots to go tho...he's not creative at all.

Kez Simpson
12-23-2012, 11:35 PM
LOL! I respect Coughlin a lot, but these 2nd half meltdowns are tiredsome. Even the Two Super Bowl seasons we won we barely got in the the playoffs. Gilbride gots to go tho...he's not creative at all.

Gilbride believes he is the best, so he should be picked up right away according to his logic.

sharick88
12-23-2012, 11:35 PM

Fewell needs to go too. He got overmatched by a team that recently let go of their offensive coordinator and a team that came in on a 3 game losing streak.

Manning
12-23-2012, 11:55 PM
I love Coughlin.

I do think he would seriously consider retiring. He's the oldest coach.

ghostoftommymaddox
12-24-2012, 12:02 AM

Completely agree. Bill Sheridan was canned after John Mara read TC and Reese the riot act, but Gilbride and Fewell have far better resumes regardless of what the fans think of them right now.

I'm guessing TC would fight a little harder for Gilbride, but I'd be surprised if Mara forced TC's hand on either of them -- overruling a coach on his coordinators is a vote of no confidence and I'm not sure Mara is ready to go there just yet. More likely he'll make it clear that something needs to change, and hope that TC takes the hint.

Reese actually might have more to worry about, since the age, quality and motivation of the roster is the bigger problem. He's not going anywhere, but he knows he won't get a mulligan forever. The team he assembled this season left a stench.

Out of Exile
12-24-2012, 12:03 AM
Let the clowns think he's gonna go. They live in LALA Land.

giantsforce
12-24-2012, 12:09 AM
Where are all these Ronald McDonald clowns coming from? You don't get axed after winning two superbowls with a franchise in the last 5. These kind of Giants fans are spoiled. Yes, this season has been disappointing, but we got some what have you done for me lately fans a season too soon.yeap. And the 3 stooges slapshtick will continue. I guess you were satisfied with the way they planned this game. But they had a great practice, right?

Kez Simpson
12-24-2012, 12:32 AM
yeap. And the 3 stooges slapshtick will continue. I guess you were satisfied with the way they planned this game. But they had a great practice, right?

What are you guessing or should I say assuming? I'm not satisfied at all with the way this season has progress.

ELI_Iz_God
12-24-2012, 12:42 AM

TC should reflect on his run with the giants organization. After 2 superbowls he did a really great job. I think he needs to take a hard look at last season as well as this one and realize if he really wants to help this team....then he needs to let it go and let someone else take the helm. This team is in a tailspin..and sometimes the only thing you can do to promote positive change is to "shake the snow-globe"

giantsforce
12-24-2012, 12:43 AM
What are you guessing or should I say assuming? I'm not satisfied at all with the way this season has progress.I am not assuming anything. You are saying that we are spoiled fans. Can you explain spoiled. Coughlin has been here for 9 years, got 2 SB's but he had 7 years of 2nd half collapses and you are saying we are spoiled? And what has Coughlin and the coaching staff done to correct this situation? Nothing much. Bench you rookie for making a rookie mistake and keep your lame veteran who makes more mistakes, Say no practice, no play for everyone and then you do it selectively. Let your OC call the same old tired plays that everyone on and of the field knows they are coming. And keep repeating the same mistakes. So we are spoiled that we want success and that we do not stand for mediocrity?

shockeyisjesus
12-24-2012, 04:05 AM
Coughlin has probably earned a life time pass. Gilbride is a complete joke and needs to go.

The only time we were really effective in both Super Bowls was when we were running a 2 minute drill at the ends of halves in BOTH games. Guess what also happened during those 2 minute, hurry up drives? No huddles and no Gilbride playcalling, Eli ran a hurry up and called everything from the line and we were a hundred times better.

Coughlin can stay but ONLY under the condition that Gilbride goes.......if Gilbride is retained, they BOTH need to go regardless of past accomplishments. Too many late season collapses and YES, we DID collapse during both Super Bowl seasons as well.

We backed into the playoffs and got very lucky to go on the runs we did. Without those, BOTH coaches would have been gone a LONG time ago.

So yeah, Coughlin can stay but Gilbride has completely and utterly worn out his welcome.

BillTheGreek
12-24-2012, 06:45 AM
Did any one stop and think , When the Giants Won the 2 Super Bowls........That it was 90% the Teams Talent ! And Desire to Win ! and 10 % Coaching !

CDN_G-FAN
12-24-2012, 07:00 AM
Did any one stop and think , When the Giants Won the 2 Super Bowls........That it was 90% the Teams Talent ! And Desire to Win ! and 10 % Coaching !

this is simply a way of trying to justify wanting a head coach fired the year after his 2nd SB win.

when we won the first SB, the angry TC hating mob said it was because of spags and not TC, since then TC has won a 2nd SB and spags is off the NFLs radar as anything more than an average DC.

now that we've won the 2nd SB, we're suppose to believe that this team is overflowing with all star probowl talent, and its the coaches screwing it up?

because stevie brown was the obvious superstar of the league and we beat 10 teams to get him here, because chase blackburn wasn't waiting by the phone for a job, any job, until we called and he became our mike, because other teams around the league would kill for starting o linemen Diehl, Boothe, and Baas, because our RB from last year that shared carries with Bradshaw couldn't get on the field for more than 5 snaps with the 49ers, because mario manningham has 1 TD rec this year compared to 18 over the last 3 years with the giants.

its like you people will say absolutely anything to try and justify a ridiculous point. it's embarrassing.

BillTheGreek
12-24-2012, 07:08 AM
this is simply a way of trying to justify wanting a head coach fired the year after his 2nd SB win.

when we won the first SB, the angry TC hating mob said it was because of spags and not TC, since then TC has won a 2nd SB and spags is off the NFLs radar as anything more than an average DC.

now that we've won the 2nd SB, we're suppose to believe that this team is overflowing with all star probowl talent, and its the coaches screwing it up?

because stevie brown was the obvious superstar of the league and we beat 10 teams to get him here, because chase blackburn wasn't waiting by the phone for a job, any job, until we called and he became our mike, because other teams around the league would kill for starting o linemen Diehl, Boothe, and Baas, because our RB from last year that shared carries with Bradshaw couldn't get on the field for more than 5 snaps with the 49ers, because mario manningham has 1 TD rec this year compared to 18 over the last 3 years with the giants.

its like you people will say absolutely anything to try and justify a ridiculous point. it's embarrassing.

No it's embarrassing for The Giants to Playand lose Like they have been !

Perfect example : Peyton Manning First year on the Broncos Talent & Desire to Win ! Now the Broncos are in the Play offs !

CDN_G-FAN
12-24-2012, 07:14 AM
Perfect example : Peyton Manning First year on the Broncos Talent & Desire to Win ! Now the Broncos are in the Play offs !

they got in the playoffs with Tim Tebow last year, and now you put arguably one of the greatest QBs in the history of the NFL on a team missing a great QB and they are in the playoffs again, and this is your justifcation that we need a new coaching staff in NY?

BillTheGreek
12-24-2012, 07:30 AM
they got in the playoffs with Tim Tebow last year, and now you put arguably one of the greatest QBs in the history of the NFL on a team missing a great QB and they are in the playoffs again, and this is your justifcation that we need a new coaching staff in NY?

SHOW ME WHERE I SAID WE NEED A NEW HEAD COACH ??

Your missing My point, I did not say We need a new head coach ,YOU said i said that ! All I said, that If You don't have the Talent & Desire to WIN, It will not get done !

Redeyejedi
12-24-2012, 07:33 AM

its like you people will say absolutely anything to try and justify a ridiculous point. it's embarrassing. Yeah Stevie Brown has picks but did u see him yesterday thats why he is was released.

Redeyejedi
12-24-2012, 07:36 AM
they got in the playoffs with Tim Tebow last year, and now you put arguably one of the greatest QBs in the history of the NFL on a team missing a great QB and they are in the playoffs again, and this is your justifcation that we need a new coaching staff in NY? LOL I swear more then 90% of these posts make no sense. Its just fire and blame anyone but the players who are clearly to blame. I didnt see anything wrong with the "Scheme" in the first half but I saw a lack of talent.

RoanokeFan
12-24-2012, 07:36 AM

We wouldn't be able to field a team :p

BillTheGreek
12-24-2012, 07:41 AM
LOL I swear more then 90% of these posts make no sense. Its just fire and blame anyone but the players who are clearly to blame. I didnt see anything wrong with the "Scheme" in the first half but I saw a lack of talent.

^ Thank You !

Redeyejedi
12-24-2012, 07:41 AM
Gilbrides Offense isnt creative? U want to see him run the Triple option ? U think Gilbride doesnt know what that is or something. The guy has been an OC for 25 years. There are threads asking for Chip Kelly. Lets run that offense that lives off athletic QB's with the most nonathletic QB in the NFL, Let the fans run the team LMAO

NamedMySonEli
12-24-2012, 07:42 AM
The way I see it without over analyzing things is we need a spark on defense and possibly a new OC. Corey Webster has won his rings, and we can't afford to have QBs picking on him. It is almost acceptable for a QB to pick on Justin Tryon but when Corey Webster is getting picked on over Jayron Hosley it may be time to cut ties. He has vet instinct which helps him out but the talent seems lacking. Gilbride seems to be playing 2011 football, but the league has changed and adjusted. It seems he forces Eli to throw into tight coverage often. Eli isn't off the hook neither, he hasn't been taking control and being the head of the body. Overall I don't think its TC though it may be time to retire. Gilbride is simply playing in the past, even though the past isn't a whole year ago. Oh, and stevie brown has had a pretty good year and only has time to get better. I wish Andre Brown would not have gone down that may have been the straw offensively .

NamedMySonEli
12-24-2012, 07:48 AM
Gilbrides Offense isnt creative? U want to see him run the Triple option ? U think Gilbride doesnt know what that is or something. The guy has been an OC for 25 years. There are threads asking for Chip Kelly. Lets run that offense that lives off athletic QB's with the most nonathletic QB in the NFL, Let the fans run the team LMAOSpeaking for myself I am not asking for an 'athletic' OC. But why keep letting a disadvantaged Bradshaw keep getting run over trying to block for Eli? My point is everyone is incorporating something new into their playbooks, meanwhile opposing defenses know what we are going to do most games. Absolutely NO REASON we should have lost to WSH, ATL, and now B'More.

RoanokeFan
12-24-2012, 07:54 AM

Since 2006, the Giants have fired three coordinators (Lewis, Huffnagle, and Sheridan). If their year end review, which involves Mara, Reese, and Coughln, suggests any of the coaching staff needs to go, it will happen.

RoanokeFan
12-24-2012, 07:55 AM
Speaking for myself I am not asking for an 'athletic' OC. But why keep letting a disadvantaged Bradshaw keep getting run over trying to block for Eli? My point is everyone is incorporating something new into their playbooks, meanwhile opposing defenses know what we are going to do most games. Absolutely NO REASON we should have lost to WSH, ATL, and now B'More.

Bradsahw's trouble blocking really started yesterday when he had to wear the brace. Before that, he was rated as the # 1 blocking RB in the NFL. We also don't have another RB who could do it better.

NamedMySonEli
12-24-2012, 08:05 AM
Bradsahw's trouble blocking really started yesterday when he had to wear the brace. Before that, he was rated as the # 1 blocking RB in the NFL. We also don't have another RB who could do it better.I saw the close up of the brace, they acknowledged that it WOULD hinder his blocking and running since it would slide down and now allow him to fully bend. I understand Wilson not blocking, he was dominated last week. Do you know anything about lumpkin?

GMENAGAIN
12-24-2012, 08:11 AM

Exactly.

Even the fans who want him fired can't identify a replacement who would be a better coach. They just want him fired. Silly .. . . . .

GMENAGAIN
12-24-2012, 08:20 AM

Excellent post. As I said in another thread, our talent has dropped off of a cliff this year, because some of the guys that actually had talent are past their prime (Osi, Tuck, Webster, Snee, Bradshaw, Boley, Bernard). Now all we have is these "past their prime" guys, along with a bunch of guys who didn't have much talent to begin with (our LB's, most of our OL, Austin, etc.), and a few guys who have talent but are always injured (Phillips and Nicks). Not sure what another coach could have done with this crew.

In my opinion, the responsibility for this season falls on JR. We have gotten very few real contributors out of the last 4 drafts.

SweetZombieJesus
12-24-2012, 08:26 AM
Its just fire and blame anyone but the players who are clearly to blame.

So how come this team has consistently collapsed in the 2nd half every year despite the fact the roster has turned over several times in most spots? Have a look at the 2004 roster and any year in between. Heck there are only 5-7 players left from 2007 -- and Diehl and Osi are on the way out.

How did these very same players look so good in the first half, notably against conference powerhouses Green Bay and San Francisco?

GMENAGAIN
12-24-2012, 08:31 AM
So how come this team has consistently collapsed in the 2nd half every year despite the fact the roster has turned over several times in most spots? Have a look at the 2004 roster.

How did these very same players look so good in the first half, notably against conference powerhouses Green Bay and San Francisco?

Can't ignore that pattern that has happened with various rosters . . . . .

BillTheGreek
12-24-2012, 08:50 AM
Can't ignore that pattern that has happened with various rosters . . . . .

OK ..........I still want to know ,who was the blame for the Last 2 Losses .......was it the Players or Coaching ?.........I say it was the Players 90% and 10 % Coaching .........I say The Players had no Fire ! No Desire to Win & No Talent ! ( now I am Talking about the Last 2 Games ! )

GMENAGAIN
12-24-2012, 08:55 AM
OK ..........I still want to know ,who was the blame for the Last 2 Losses .......was it the Players or Coaching ?.........I say it was the Players 90% and 10 % Coaching .........I say The Players had no Fire ! No Desire to Win & No Talent ! ( now I am Talking about the Last 2 Games ! )

I would say that JR has to take a hit for the fact that this roster currently doesn't have a lot of talent. Most of the guys with talent are either on the downside of their career or can't stay healthy.

The coaching staff has to take blame for this pattern of faltering at the end of the season. The pattern has been going on too long to ignore.

I don't know if you can "blame" the players . . . they just aren't that good anymore. Can you "blame" Tuck or Osi or Webster just because they can't physically get it done anymore?

Toadofsteel
12-24-2012, 09:05 AM
In my opinion, the responsibility for this season falls on JR. We have gotten very few real contributors out of the last 4 drafts.

Only thing JR screwed up on is failing to draft O-line early and often the past 3 years. The talent he has drafted is good, but the coaches refuse to use it unless absolutely necessary...

brad
12-24-2012, 09:17 AM

If the players on the field are playing poorly and just going through the motions, who is responsible for keeping them on the field? The coaches

If you have a bad game plan, does that put players in bad position to make plays and cause them to play poorly? Absolutely it does, coaches have a huge impact on the game, a good game plan can make average players good and a bad game plan will make great players mediocre.

Coaches are there for a reason, and there is a reason that some teams are consistently great while others are consistently in the NFL basement. Players come and go, but the coaches, usually, remain for years. These past two game were the result of a complete break down by players AND coaches. They were equally bad.

BillTheGreek
12-24-2012, 09:19 AM
I would say that JR has to take a hit for the fact that this roster currently doesn't have a lot of talent. Most of the guys with talent are either on the downside of their career or can't stay healthy.

The coaching staff has to take blame for this pattern of faltering at the end of the season. The pattern has been going on too long to ignore.

I don't know if you can "blame" the players . . . they just aren't that good anymore. Can you "blame" Tuck or Osi or Webster just because they can't physically get it done anymore?

Thank You !
You answered my question, very Diplomatically ! ( they just aren't that good anymore. Can you "blame" Tuck or Osi or Webster just because they can't physically get it done anymore? )

GMENAGAIN
12-24-2012, 09:21 AM
If the players on the field are playing poorly and just going through the motions, who is responsible for keeping them on the field? The coaches

If you have a bad game plan, does that put players in bad position to make plays and cause them to play poorly? Absolutely it does, coaches have a huge impact on the game, a good game plan can make average players good and a bad game plan will make great players mediocre.

Coaches are there for a reason, and there is a reason that some teams are consistently great while others are consistently in the NFL basement. Players come and go, but the coaches, usually, remain for years. These past two game were the result of a complete break down by players AND coaches. They were equally bad.

Who are the coaches supposed to put on the field instead? Everyone wanted Adrian Tracey to replace Tuck, but how did that work out? Didn't hear the guy's name called once yesterday.

What teams in the NFL are consistently "great"?

nygpolishpunk
12-24-2012, 09:34 AM
Fewell scheme worked fine last year when the pass-rush woke up, our pass-rush has been non-existent, Gilbride I can't advocate for him...:(How about keeping Webster in after he's getting abused?? One part of the defense that's a glaring hole and you still do nothing about it? How is that acceptable? Or did he not recognize the problem everyone else did?

BillTheGreek
12-24-2012, 09:39 AM

You said it " complete break down by players AND coaches. " The Players had no Fire ! No Desire to Win & No Talent !........... ( I don't know what their problem is, " now how can you blame the Coaches for " Dropped passes ! Poor running , Poor Tackling ! on & on ! ) What's wrong with this Picture ? Someone has to take the Blame !

Kez Simpson
12-24-2012, 10:18 AM
I am not assuming anything. You are saying that we are spoiled fans. Can you explain spoiled. Coughlin has been here for 9 years, got 2 SB's but he had 7 years of 2nd half collapses and you are saying we are spoiled? And what has Coughlin and the coaching staff done to correct this situation? Nothing much. Bench you rookie for making a rookie mistake and keep your lame veteran who makes more mistakes, Say no practice, no play for everyone and then you do it selectively. Let your OC call the same old tired plays that everyone on and of the field knows they are coming. And keep repeating the same mistakes. So we are spoiled that we want success and that we do not stand for mediocrity?

If the shoe fits then wear it. If you aren't a spoiled fan then that comment shouldn't offend you. Or have you started a topic calling for his axing? 2 SBs in 9 years is a hell of a resume, even with the 2nd half collapses. What has the other coaches in the NFC East done in that tenure? Andy Reid? On his way out no SBs, just failures. The Cowboys? Several coaches came and went! The Redskins? More of the same. And you moaning about 2SBs in 9 years, because of 2nd half collapses?

I'm not going to sit here and Armchair HC or GM an successful organization. Do the Giants have issues? Yes. Do we as whining and complaining fans have a fix for it? Heck no. Can we continue to moan and gripe? Sure. Its like CDN_Fan said, if the Giants Org went by what posters said here we would have 5 coaching changes based on the ebb and flow of moods on here.

GMENAGAIN
12-24-2012, 10:20 AM
How about keeping Webster in after he's getting abused?? One part of the defense that's a glaring hole and you still do nothing about it? How is that acceptable? Or did he not recognize the problem everyone else did?

Who should he have put in instead? Tryon?

Kez Simpson
12-24-2012, 10:30 AM
Who should he have put in instead? Tryon?

People have to realize that Webster isn't playing like that talent he once was, and we don't have any depth that is better than him. People have to realize we were a 9-7 team who got hot at the right time last year, and this year it has caught up with us. This is a competitive league, any team can defeat any team on any given Sunday. We need to rebuild at several skill positions.

Currently, we possess no stud corner, yes Prince can be that guy but one season isn't enough IMO,and he needs stay healthy.

CB: No Standout
LB: No Standout
DL: JPP
SS/FS: Kenny Phillips when healthy, Stevie Brown (?)

Offense

OL: No Studs
RB: Bradshaw is a warrior but no standout/ Wilson can be a star
QB: Eli when he's on
WR: Nicks when healthy, Cruz
TE: Bennett maybe

We have work to do.

GMENAGAIN
12-24-2012, 10:39 AM
People have to realize that Webster isn't playing like that talent he once was, and we don't have any depth that is better than him. People have to realize we were a 9-7 team who got hot at the right time last year, and this year it has caught up with us. This is a competitive league, any team can defeat any team on any given Sunday. We need to rebuild at several skill positions.

Currently, we possess no stud corner, yes Prince can be that guy but one season isn't enough IMO,and he needs stay healthy.

CB: No Standout
LB: No Standout
DL: JPP
SS/FS: Kenny Phillips when healthy, Stevie Brown (?)

Offense

OL: No Studs
RB: Bradshaw is a warrior but no standout/ Wilson can be a star
QB: Eli when he's on
WR: Nicks when healthy, Cruz
TE: Bennett maybe

We have work to do.

Good post.

Kez Simpson
12-24-2012, 10:49 AM
Good post.

Thanks. People bash Fewell, but I think he is working with what he has. Our interior D is soft, we need to draft or pick up a nasty sloppy run stuffer like Ngata or Suh. Canty gets pushed around to easy. If had a more aggressive scheme, with our current talent, and lack of QB pressure with the front 4, we'd get torched week in and week out.