PDA

View Full Version : Leave the coaches in place...

JJC7301
12-24-2012, 12:25 AM
I'm not saying that some criticism isn't fair, but I have no interest in changing coaches. Good coaches are harder to find than talented players, IMO.

Coughlin and KG got us to 2 SB's, and Fewell helped us get to one. And the assistant coaches are good to including Pope, and the line coaches as well. The ST coach has done a good job over the past two years, but I think that Weatherford was the biggest factor there.

If high-priced player seem to lack the desire to show up, then that's on those players. They can take a hike.

TheEnigma
12-24-2012, 12:29 AM
If Gilbride would take the time to watch the entirety of the 2012 Giants season tape, see which plays work to the best of our players' strengths, and crafts a new offense based on those factors, I'd be content with him staying. Fewelll might need to make some long term adjustments as well.

sharick88
12-24-2012, 12:30 AM
I could go to a high school football game right now and find someone more competent than Kevin Gilbride

Cloud57
12-24-2012, 12:30 AM
nope I'm tired of these 2nd half collapses

TheEnigma
12-24-2012, 12:32 AM
I could go to a high school football game right now and find someone more competent than Kevin Gilbride

I think Gilbride is just too stubborn to craft a scheme that's different. He needs to realize you can't use the same blueprint for 85 million years and expect it to continue working forever.

JJC7301
12-24-2012, 12:39 AM
There's a listlisness with this team that I can't blame on coaches.

I was not a Fewell defender last year, but I'll defend him now...at least for one more year.

This team needs new blood on the field.

GeoGoGo
12-24-2012, 12:44 AM
You can not be serious??? How are you satisfied with our coordinators? Gilbride has to go. We win despite his efforts, not because of them. Never and creativity out of the offense. The shotgun draw needs to be thrown out of the playbook. Bombs on 3rd and 2 have to stop. Never letting Eli run the hurry up is inexcusable. Never adjusting at halftime is laughable.

The inablility for Fewell to see that the secondary is incredibly week and never blitz to help them out is also inexcusable. The tackling is horrible. Reese's ignoring the linebacker position is unbelievable. Slapping undrafted free agents and washed up players is not acceptible.

All I want for Christmas is Spags back a d-coordinator and Turner running the offense. We may have over estimated the talent ont his team but they are much better than the have shown.

FBomb
12-24-2012, 12:46 AM
eh.....I'm ready for a change at the OC and DC positions. I think everyone has figured out this offense and PF hasn't figured out anything.

thomasg2488
12-24-2012, 12:48 AM
Here's 7 coaches that you should look that are better.

1. Jon Gruden
2. David Shaw (Stanford HC)
3. Tom Clements (Packers OC)
4. Bruce Arians (Interim HC of Colts)
5. Bo Pelini (Nebraska HC)
6. Mike McCoy (Broncos OC)
7. Bill Cowher

Tony Bruno
12-24-2012, 12:55 AM
I think KG is the biggest issue... While we have 2 SB wins under him I take a new OC anyway of the week...

JJC7301
12-24-2012, 01:01 AM

1. Jon Gruden
7. Bill Cowher
Better than who? TC? How can you possibly say that?

gabriel_1
12-24-2012, 01:02 AM
Yeah KG needs to be replaced, its true his plays are pretty predictable, like going back to the Atlanta game running 4 draws in the same drive, which two were back to back, like seriously, they should've put that on the C'MON list.

Redeyejedi
12-24-2012, 01:11 AM
Better than who? TC? How can you possibly say that?Mike McCoy LOL its not Peyton Manning its the OC LOL

giantsforce
12-24-2012, 01:18 AM
I could go to a high school football game right now and find someone more competent than Kevin GilbrideI now some pee-wee coaches that call a better game than the 3 stooges(TC, KG, PF)

giantsforce
12-24-2012, 01:24 AM

1. Jon Gruden
7. Bill Cowher

You forgot the Kelly Brothers: Brian Kelly at Notre Dame and Chip Kelly at Oregon Ducks. You want to see innovative offensive calling? Watch the Ducks play. And Brian Kelly did a phenomenal job at Notre Dame with mostly mediocre talent especially at the QB position. I'd love to have Chip be the next Giants HC and run the offense.

giantsforce
12-24-2012, 01:25 AM
Better than who? TC? How can you possibly say that?A lot of nameless High-school coaches are better than the 3 stooges who pose as Giants coaches.

BuffyBlueII
12-24-2012, 01:26 AM
Our dog**** garbage OC needs to be replaced. He is miserable, predictable and had no business on NY Giants.

ELI_Iz_God
12-24-2012, 01:26 AM
I'm not saying that some criticism isn't fair, but I have no interest in changing coaches. Good coaches are harder to find than talented players, IMO.

Coughlin and KG got us to 2 SB's, and Fewell helped us get to one. And the assistant coaches are good to including Pope, and the line coaches as well. The ST coach has done a good job over the past two years, but I think that Weatherford was the biggest factor there.

If high-priced player seem to lack the desire to show up, then that's on those players. They can take a hike.

These 2nd half collapses have been going on for "Years". Players have come and gone..the only thing that has stayed the same is the coaches. That should tell you something....oh wait...I forgot...in this organization Loyalty trumps everything else.

Granted we Traded in Sheridan for a Sheridan equivalent..which wasn't an upgrade at all...

ELI_Iz_God
12-24-2012, 01:49 AM

1. Jon Gruden
7. Bill Cowher

Cowher needs to be right up there with Gruden....both would be a shoe-in

Toadofsteel
12-24-2012, 02:05 AM
Bill "fall flat in the postseason" cowher? No thanks...

G-MENBK
12-24-2012, 02:09 AM
Bill "fall flat in the postseason" cowher? No thanks...

To his credit, he did win a ring, and he left a lot of good players for Tomlin to win one himself.

Toadofsteel
12-24-2012, 02:10 AM
That is true, I forgot about 05. Still, I feel as though we'd have the same fate as under the TC/killdrive regime...