PDA

View Full Version : So now... To the Draft

gabriel_1
12-24-2012, 12:45 AM
I know there are still a chance of the Giants making to the playoffs, but I believe they are done. I'd like to see Giants going CB back in the first rounds, someone decently big like Jonathan Banks or Xavier Rhodes, Banks will probably be gone by the time we pick, but there is a possibility he falls like Prince did. Any thoughts?

Cloud57
12-24-2012, 12:47 AM
yeah we need big physical corners, Jonathan Banks and Xavier Rhodes are both top CBs in the draft

Buddy333
12-24-2012, 12:50 AM
They need a lot. It all depends on who they part ways with, who they can afford to sign in FA, and some UDFA gems they might pick up.

gabriel_1
12-24-2012, 12:51 AM
They could even go DE or Ol then possibly take a chance at the Honey Badger, I know he is off-field problem, but seeing Corey getting torched this season I think risks should be takes. Like look at the Bengals they gave a chance to Burfict, and now he is a starter.

Buddy333
12-24-2012, 12:54 AM
They absolutely need DE's because Osi should be gone and Tuck is done. He may still be on the team because they may not be able to cut him without it hurting their cap, but they can't rely on him.

gabriel_1
12-24-2012, 12:59 AM
They definitely can't rely on Tuck. There are some D-line we could get like Ezekiel Ansah, which is pretty raw but a sick athlete. I like him a lot I believe the giants could develop him into a very good pass rusher, but I still think that the corner back is a bigger need for the giants.

myles2424
12-24-2012, 01:45 AM
I'm not too familiar with many of these DEs, but Xavier Rhodes,banks,Poyer from the CBs and Hankins,Richardson,shorts from the DTs are interesting in the 1st round...

Toadofsteel
12-24-2012, 01:55 AM
We need OL round 1. Baas, Boothe, Snee, and Diehl all need to go...

RagingBlue
12-24-2012, 02:03 AM
First o-lineman, so Eli doesn't have a career ending injury. After that, secondary, linebackers. A play making tight end. Another running back that can block. Our punter can stay. lol

G-MENBK
12-24-2012, 02:06 AM
We need OL round 1. Baas, Boothe, Snee, and Diehl all need to go...

First o-lineman, so Eli doesn't have a career ending injury. After that, secondary, linebackers. A play making tight end. Another running back that can block. Our punter can stay. lol

Honestly, this.

When was the last time we drafted someone in that position? I would get a few not only to better protect Eli but so they could be able to create these things called "holes" (Anyone remember those?) for our RBs.

Cloud57
12-24-2012, 02:08 AM
Honestly, this.

When was the last time we drafted someone in that position? I would get a few not only to better protect Eli but so they could be able to create these things called "holes" (Anyone remember those?) for our RBs.you're right but OL are so boring lol, a line man doesn't excite anyone during the draft

Toadofsteel
12-24-2012, 02:08 AM
The last of the Accorsi Five (Diehl-Seubert-Ohara-Snee-Kmac) have tanked. Overpaying old FA pickups for o-line is not the solution. We need to draft several o-line early, and develop them in-house. Does Reese not trust our o-line coach or something?

G-MENBK
12-24-2012, 02:13 AM
you're right but OL are so boring lol, a line man doesn't excite anyone during the draft

I know but, at the end of the day, better OL = better play from QB, better play from RBs.

I would love..LOVE..to see a handful of games where or RBs got 200+ yards running, and consistently ran it for 150+ yards.

gabriel_1
12-24-2012, 02:26 AM
There is a lot of value of Oline in this draft. OL, CB and DL is what I think it needs to come put of this draft. RB not so much we got three runninb backs the can develop, D-Wilson will eventually improve his pass blocking. I just believe that CB is a big need because it can have a huge impact in out D, like you guys saw it today, mostly to Corey's side. Beaty was a second rounder, I believe we can still get a better value by drafting an elite CB and then a OL on the second.

Toadofsteel
12-24-2012, 02:38 AM
There is a lot of value of Oline in this draft. OL, CB and DL is what I think it needs to come put of this draft. RB not so much we got three runninb backs the can develop, D-Wilson will eventually improve his pass blocking. I just believe that CB is a big need because it can have a huge impact in out D, like you guys saw it today, mostly to Corey's side. Beaty was a second rounder, I believe we can still get a better value by drafting an elite CB and then a OL on the second.

Let's break it down by position...
-Eli is still our franchise QB. That said, I'd like to cut Carr for Perriloux. We need someone younger at the position there.
-I agree that RB is not a huge area of concern. Hell, we might even cut Bradshaw next year, with Brown and Wilson both having a year under their belts.
-Likewise, WR is not that big of a worry for me yet. Nicks was rushed back too fast, hopefully with a full offseason to get back to 100% we will get a passing game going again. Randle looked like he was starting to contribute, and even Jernigan got a target here and there.
-I still want to see what the Robinson is all about, especially since Reese hailed him as the JPP of Tight Ends. Yet, not a word from Old Man Coughlin. If he pans out and we keep Bennett, that will be tremendous.
-D-line may need a pick or two, but I think if Kiwi goes full time DE, we can cut the cruft (Tuck and Osi), and let JPP/Kiwi/Tracy/Ojomo be our rotation at DE. Canty/Linval/Kuhn at DT.
-Linebackers could use some improvement, but not a primary area of concern. If we keep Blackburn, Boley, Jacquian, and Rivers, I wouldn't lose too much sleep.
-CB I actually think we'd be set at. Hosley has leapfrogged Webster. That means I see Prince/Hosley as our future CB pair. Will Hill could possibly transition to full time slot corner
-KP and Stevie at safety. Rolle can stay if he takes a pay cut... although to be honest he seems like one of the few that cared towards the end.

Which leaves us one position.

sigh...

Gut the entire O-line except for Beatty. Spend as many draft picks on it as you need to, reese. Fix that damn monstrosity, NOW...

If we had a top-level O-line, we could do so much more. Brown and/or Wilson would be 100 yard rushers every week. Wilson would be far more effective once we let him run routes out of the backfield. Bennett could go out as well. We could empty the backfield and use 5 wide (Nicks/Cruz/Hixon/Randle/Jernigan).

Turbo
12-24-2012, 02:56 AM
Here is a question about mock drafts...when people make them are they making them as Reese will or as they would? What I mean is that Reese is going to pick Best Player Available every time. So if you guys make a mock do you rate the players coming out from best to worst, take off the top ones before our pick and then say "this is our pick" or are you saying "man we need OT or CB so this guy is best"? A dream pick mock I understand (I wish we would get player XYZ) but if you are putting an actual mock out there then shouldn't you be picking BPA?

Toadofsteel
12-24-2012, 02:59 AM
Here is a question about mock drafts...when people make them are they making them as Reese will or as they would? What I mean is that Reese is going to pick Best Player Available every time. So if you guys make a mock do you rate the players coming out from best to worst, take off the top ones before our pick and then say "this is our pick" or are you saying "man we need OT or CB so this guy is best"? A dream pick mock I understand (I wish we would get player XYZ) but if you are putting an actual mock out there then shouldn't you be picking BPA?

That's one of my main beefs with Reese... he's ignored the O-line in the early rounds for so long, primarily because BPA is rarely an o-lineman. Most just don't have great combine workouts...

gabriel_1
12-24-2012, 04:55 AM
That's one of my main beefs with Reese... he's ignored the O-line in the early rounds for so long, primarily because BPA is rarely an o-lineman. Most just don't have great combine workouts...
I think you got it just right, the best player available is not usually an olineman, ant thats why I think the giants might go corner or d-line on the first round. I love Prince and where he is standing right now, despite the injury he was ranked 9th by PFF of all corners in the NFL, however Hosley and Webster were ranked in the Top 10 worst. I got what you are saying and that the online has to be complete;y rebuilt, and I most definitely agree on that, but I also think that the corner position should also be of major concern.

Toadofsteel
12-24-2012, 04:59 AM
I'm willing to cut Hosley some slack as he was a rookie. He will improve over time. Hell, look at this week, Flacco was targeting Webby over Hosley damn near every time aside from a couple slants...

VBGiantsFan
12-24-2012, 05:03 AM
It needs to be all offensive and defensive linemen. Hell it could be all offensive linemen.

Maybe well actually draft need in our first round and not just talent a la Wilson.

gabriel_1
12-24-2012, 05:13 AM
I'm sure after them embarrassment that this second half of the season turned out to be, Reese will have to focus a little more in filling the gaps than to the the BPA. And if he wants to take the BPA move up, and take someone that could change the whole dynamics of the line. I feel that the D-Line just lacks its spark, it almost feels like they got no goals, cause talent there its definitely what it isn't lacking. JPP, Kiwi, Tuck all were 1st rounders. I just hhope they get a franchise player that will have an instant impact on these three positions. Eli still got some years under his belt and I hope they take full advantage of that, cause in some years we will have to be looking for a franchise QB

The_ One
12-24-2012, 06:07 AM
You think the front office and the coaching staff do not see the weak links on this team, and trust me changes will be made accordingly, players that can be moved will be moved, and positions will be upgraded, it's part of the business. From an ownership standpoint it's a big disaster to not have either NY team in the playoffs "new stadium with seats empty in the playoffs", by the way the gang green team has more issues than we do, lol.

JPP=BEASTMODE
12-24-2012, 06:31 AM
Honestly, this.When was the last time we drafted someone in that position? I would get a few not only to better protect Eli but so they could be able to create these things called "holes" (Anyone remember those?) for our RBs.What are these hole things you speak of?

egyptian420
12-24-2012, 07:55 AM
We need to draft
1st round: Passion
2nd round: Heart
3rd round: Will
4th round: Enthusiasm
5th round: Determination
6th round: Motivation
7th round: Spirit

FOFORLIFE
12-24-2012, 08:13 AM
Everyone is delusional if they think KP is on this team next year. He is a free agent, and will be demanding $.

$ we don't have! We are not in a good salary cap situation. Salaries have to be cut and trimmed.

Next year we are looking at Rolle and Brown back there. Get rid of this three safety set idea. We use that because our CB depth stinks and we plug in a FORMER CB in Rolle to play Nickel.

Rolle moved to Safety because his CB play declined, history lesson.

Osi is a FA, Tuck will be back because he is "our captain". He stinks though.

jaxnygmen
12-24-2012, 08:50 AM
I would not be opposed to that. Webster was a bust this year. We also need LB's across the board. We are in desperate need of an Stud MLB. I do not care if we need to pay some money for someone like Mayo or Willis but please for the love of God lets sure up the LB position

EnragedYouth85
12-24-2012, 08:53 AM
T2 hurt is better than Corey Webster.. lol

M00KIE
12-24-2012, 09:24 AM
We need alot...DE-DT-LB-CB-any and all OL....We may be in for a small scale rebuild. Alot of guys not earning their money.