PDA

View Full Version : If we listened to every whiny Giant's fan after a season

sp3
12-24-2012, 03:12 AM
We'd have no SB rings, be the sham of the NFC East, and a below .500 team.

There is a reason why TC, KG, Fewell, and Reese are put in the positions they're in; and a reason why certain fans all become basement dwelling, hard idiot losers after a "disappointing" season. Half this board is now this in this mode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-6Tn0Ie-AQ

And I am the now the guy in 1:31 telling you what's what. You guys are SPOILED. This is not an opinion. This is a fact. This is a fact because in the past four years the Giant's have given us 2 SB rings, and you guys refuse to calm down. I used to be the guy calling for TC's head back in '05, but then I realized how spoiled I was to want such a team. I live in NY but my entire family lives in FL. How bad do you think it is to be a Dolphin's fan? I promise you my 7 year old nephew cries less than you guys do. I'd expect Dolphins or Browns fans to ask for switches, but Giants fans? A team that won the SB last year? Every ****ing season when the Giants lose I see the same ****. Over and over. How long does it take to get it through your heads. There is always a point where complaining about management or a player or a team is fine, but we haven't crossed that line yet.

Half this board thinks they can coach better than an OC who has two SB rings. Half this board thinks they can play D better than professional players that worked their entire life to play in the NFL. I get that you guys have to vent but calling for peoples head's easily makes no sense; and only adds to the stupidity of this board.

sewy1203
12-24-2012, 03:17 AM
WELL I WANT 3 SUPERBOWLS AND GET INTO THE PLAYOFFS EVERY YEAR AND I WANT A QUARTERBACK THAT SPEAKS HIS MIND INSTEAD OF BEING THE NICEST MOST SOFT SPOKEN HUMAN BEING ON THE PLANET :mad:

Flip Empty
12-24-2012, 03:21 AM
Only thing I want is for this team not to embarrass themselves in the fashion they've done this season. I'm not calling for anyone's head, I'm just pissed at how they've closed the season. Zero pride.

laylow28
12-24-2012, 03:38 AM

There is a reason why TC, KG, Fewell, and Reese are put in the positions they're in; and a reason why certain fans all become basement dwelling, hard idiot losers after a "disappointing" season. Half this board is now this in this mode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-6Tn0Ie-AQ

And I am the now the guy in 1:31 telling you what's what. You guys are SPOILED. This is not an opinion. This is a fact. This is a fact because in the past four years the Giant's have given us 2 SB rings, and you guys refuse to calm down. I used to be the guy calling for TC's head back in '05, but then I realized how spoiled I was to want such a team. I live in NY but my entire family lives in FL. How bad do you think it is to be a Dolphin's fan? I promise you my 7 year old nephew cries less than you guys do. I'd expect Dolphins or Browns fans to ask for switches, but Giants fans? A team that won the SB last year? Every ****ing season when the Giants lose I see the same ****. Over and over. How long does it take to get it through your heads. There is always a point where complaining about management or a player or a team is fine, but we haven't crossed that line yet.

Half this board thinks they can coach better than an OC who has two SB rings. Half this board thinks they can play D better than professional players that worked their entire life to play in the NFL. I get that you guys have to vent but calling for peoples head's easily makes no sense; and only adds to the stupidity of this board. Eh, clearly certain players need pink slips. Some big changes need to happen this offseason.

Toadofsteel
12-24-2012, 03:50 AM
Only thing I want is for this team not to embarrass themselves in the fashion they've done this season. I'm not calling for anyone's head, I'm just pissed at how they've closed the season. Zero pride.

This. It's not just THAT they've lost that bothers me, it's HOW they've lost. Two blowouts in a row, in which the established veterans lost their will to fight en masse, while the few that still had fight left in them were left on the bench. If nothing is done to fix this, we're officially squandering talent. I didn't mind having a losing season with Dave Brown because he wasn't a good QB. But Eli Manning has the potential to rival the greatest in the business, and both he and this team are squandering it. Not even fighting for those rings at all. It pisses me off to no end because I *do* know what we have in Eli, and how this team will likely go another 20 years slumming it with the Dave Browns of the world after Eli retires.

G-MENBK
12-24-2012, 03:57 AM
Since Coughlin took the helm, he's had 4 different DCs. He's had two different OCs.

Why should Fewell and Gilbride be immune? I can give some slack to Fewell because it's not his fault that players didn't want to play; I can't do the same for Gilbride with his atrocious playcalling.

BuffyBlueII
12-24-2012, 04:04 AM
Half this board is now this in this mode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-6Tn0Ie-AQ

Why the heck are you posting a video of Morehead State?

M00KIE
12-24-2012, 05:49 AM

Half this board thinks they can coach better than an OC who has two SB rings. Half this board thinks they can play D better than professional players that worked their entire life to play in the NFL. I get that you guys have to vent but calling for peoples head's easily makes no sense; and only adds to the stupidity of this board.

Amen.

giant-4-life
12-24-2012, 05:56 AM

then.. quit whining about whiners!:confused:

eml
12-24-2012, 07:05 AM
No team can win SBs every year and I certainly don't expect to BUT I do ask for us to be a competitive ball club and to play up to our potential. Do you seriously think that a championship caliber team with a 2.5 game lead in their division should play this badly and lose the division championship. I've seen all 4 SB and I'm proud of our franchise but that doesn't give them the right to embarass us. Yes I said us. They play for us and we hope for their pride and love of the game. No I don't pretend to be a professional football coach but the professionals, as defined by that very word, are paid experts in their fields. I do expect them to do a CONSISTENTLY good job and if we lose we still played good football. So your reasoning is Miami fans grudgingly accept their teams poor performance and we should more than accept ours ? I assume your not joking so that's your logic. Well your certainly Miami fan material. We fans on this stupid board, as you so nicely put it, don't accept this type of performance. We want a highly competitive team. Maybe if Miami fans did they'd get one. You must really dislike Patriot fans that complain. They expect and get a winning record team and have been getting just that for years. Your Miami fans have helped them get that record. We figure if we can beat that team in two SBs we should be up there in that class. I apologize for our stupidity. Thanks for pointing this out. Enjoy the holidays. I'm assume your spending yours in Florida.

Diamondring
12-24-2012, 07:39 AM
WELL I WANT 3 SUPERBOWLS AND GET INTO THE PLAYOFFS EVERY YEAR AND I WANT A QUARTERBACK THAT SPEAKS HIS MIND INSTEAD OF BEING THE NICEST MOST SOFT SPOKEN HUMAN BEING ON THE PLANET :mad:Hey , like you a lot. That is my mentality as well.

Diamondring
12-24-2012, 07:39 AM
then.. quit whining about whiners!:confused:YEAH!!!

Rudyy
12-24-2012, 07:41 AM
Sorry but getting blown out 2 weeks in a row is not my cup of tea.

Diamondring
12-24-2012, 07:42 AM
Sorry but getting blown out 2 weeks in a row is not my cup of tea.Hey not mines and I was the first to predict in 08 thatr our offense is made to score a lot of points. Oh well.

jaxnygmen
12-24-2012, 07:47 AM
Since you are an expert, tell me how a team that gets emabarassed last week comes out completely flat! If you go to work and screw up, do you just pack it in and not go to work. Probably not. Most people, although society is really changing, whou want to go out and correct past mistakes. Lastly, if you do not like the board then stay the **** off!!!

eml
12-24-2012, 08:38 AM
Now that was well put. This ain't Miami. We expect the best up here and even if it's just a best effort and not a win.

Kendo15
12-24-2012, 08:57 AM
Agree with the OP.

I'm sure the ownership will be asking questions about the direction of the team, and Reese will certainly have to earn his salary this off season.

But the petulance in calling for the heads of guys who brought us a Lombardi 12 months ago is irritating.

We have no divine right to win any game, far less a Superbowl.
But this is the NFL, winning games is tough, winning Championships quite a lot tougher.
Have the last two weeks been acceptable? Hell no. But sometimes **** happens. You take it on the chin and re-group.
We were playing two good teams, teams that will, I think, be hanging around deep into January, but that doesnít mean we accept the performances.
Iím sure not one coach on the staff WILL accept them.

Weíve suffered key injuries this season, as have a lot of teams, but a lot of key positions have aged simultaneously and when that drop off time comes it can take the coach AND the player by surprise.

Who on this earth wouldíve tipped Tuck to have the season heís had?
Now, hopefully this is a blip rather than the beginning of the end for JT, but I donít think the same can be said for the O line.

There isnít an area of the team that wonít be looked at, and hopefully improved.

Hell, itís easy to follow loyally behind a winning team, the mark of a fan is when the going gets tough.
Blind faith?

Hell no, we ask questions constantly of the custodians of our great club.
But we stay loyal, my mantra is that youíll change your wife before youíll change your team.
Ask a Cleveland, Miami, Kansas, Jacksonville fan how theyíd handle the ďmiseryĒ weíve endured this last few years?
Iím bitterly disappointed with the way this season has panned out, I thought we had a repeat in us but I was wrong.
But Iím not going to whine (well, the odd outburst in the heat of battle maybe) Iíll enjoy the good memories of Green Bay and San Francisco and look forward to next season.

And even if we go 1-15 then (which Iím kinda hopeful we wonít) Iíll still be a proud Giant

Morehead State
12-24-2012, 09:02 AM

Losing is one thing......Quitting is another. I don't care if we have 10 SB's, no fan should ever accept players that stop playing hard.

Hooligans
12-24-2012, 09:05 AM

Okay Homer.....Fact is the Giants are completing one of the biggest choke jobs in NFL history.......Heads MUST and WILL roll after this embarrassment. I hope, Mara, like his father before him, publishes an apology letter to the people of New York for what has transpired after tha last two the last 7 games (2-5), after a 6-2 start. There is noexcuse or reason for this other than incompetency on both the players and coaches parts.....Time to re-build and get rid of the deadwood on the roster, on the coaching staff, and even in the Front Office.

Morehead State
12-24-2012, 09:08 AM
Okay Homer.....Fact is the Giants are completing one of the biggest choke jobs in NFL history.......Heads MUST and WILL roll after this embarrassment. I hope, Mara, like his father before him, publishes an apology letter to the people of New York for what has transpired after tha last two the last 7 games (2-5), after a 6-2 start. There is noexcuse or reason for this other than incompetency on both the players and coaches parts.....Time to re-build and get rid of the deadwood on the roster, on the coaching staff, and even in the Front Office.
Aint gunna happen. I doubt anyone is getting fired.

Hooligans
12-24-2012, 09:10 AM
Aint gunna happen. I doubt anyone is getting fired.

Oh, it will happen and heads will roll....a collapse like this is not acceptable.

Redeyejedi
12-24-2012, 09:11 AM
Okay Homer.....Fact is the Giants are completing one of the biggest choke jobs in NFL history.......Heads MUST and WILL roll after this embarrassment. I hope, Mara, like his father before him, publishes an apology letter to the people of New York for what has transpired after tha last two the last 7 games (2-5), after a 6-2 start. There is noexcuse or reason for this other than incompetency on both the players and coaches parts.....Time to re-build and get rid of the deadwood on the roster, on the coaching staff, and even in the Front Office.Exaggerate much biggest choke jobs in NFL History.Maybe the Giants got off to a fast start because of a light schedule.When they got the better teams they lost

Morehead State
12-24-2012, 09:11 AM
Oh, it will happen and heads will roll....a collapse like this is not acceptable.
Who's getting fired one year removed from a SB win?
Its not the Giants way. We'll hear a nice statement from Mr. Mara talking about what's "unacceptable" but no one is getting fired.
I would be shocked.

Redeyejedi
12-24-2012, 09:18 AM
Its not the Giants way. We'll hear a nice statement from Mr. Mara talking about what's "unacceptable" but no one is getting fired.
I would be shocked.If the Maras listened to the fans Eli Manning would be running the Speed option next season

Morehead State
12-24-2012, 09:23 AM
If the Maras listened to the fans Eli Manning would be running the Speed option next season
No one is talking about listening to the fans. But I do expect him to see whats happening on the field.
Its not about our rantings on the MB after a disgraceful performance. Its about getting this team right for the future.

byron
12-24-2012, 09:27 AM
I would be shocked. .....sad but true MH this dysfunction we see year in and year out will continue till TC is gone be prepared for another season of I wonder if the giants show up this week again next year....terrible way for a fan to feel

dakotajoe
12-24-2012, 11:39 AM
You may be right that us fans are somewhat spoiled but there is a reason why the Giant's get little respect around the league and in the media despite being SB champs. We were lucky to make the playoffs last season. Take away last seasons playoff birth at 9-7 which lead to a SB victory and what do you have?

ANOTHER late season collapse this year, wouldn't you agree that there are some valid questions despite our prior success?

BigBlueAllDay
12-24-2012, 11:54 AM
Talk about two extremes... Some demanding accountability as far as Tom Coughlin and Reese vs. Some comparing Giants fans to Browns and Dolphins fans saying Giants fans really spoiled as if they're suppose to share the misery of those franchises...

joemorrisforprez
12-24-2012, 12:05 PM

We have a coach that has won 2 Super Bowls. Some people will continue to call for him to be fired....I'm not going to be one of them.

However, things need to change, and Coughlin deserves criticism for where the team is right now. The entire organization should be accountable to the fans, and that also include Reese.

Alot of fans have been critifical of Reese for overlooking offensive linemen and linebackers. Yesterday, the Ravens pretty much put on a clinic abusing both those units.

If Reese continues to dumpster-dive for guys at OL and LB, this is going to continue.

Players, coaches, GM.....all of them are accountable. For example, take Keith Rivers......his contribution to the game was getting trucked on an illegal block, which set the Ravens back 15 yards. This dude was supposed to be some sort of steal by Reese.

So, as far as Keith Rivers goes: Does he just suck? Is he being coached properly? Is he just the wrong player for the scheme that Fewell is running? I really wished I knew. I have no clue if it's the player, the coaches, or the GM.

I love this team....I don't like seeing them lose, and really don't like seeing them get thrashed. If that makes me spoiled, then, I'm spoiled. Whatever.

BuffyBlueII
12-25-2012, 10:07 AM
Losing is one thing......Quitting is another. I don't care if we have 10 SB's, no fan should ever accept players that stop playing hard.

+1000

M00KIE
12-25-2012, 10:09 AM
Exaggerate much biggest choke jobs in NFL History.Maybe the Giants got off to a fast start because of a light schedule.When they got the better teams they lost

I feel the same. imo we had 3 great showings this season. 49ers/GB and NO. That's about it.

Razur
12-25-2012, 10:30 AM
This. It's not just THAT they've lost that bothers me, it's HOW they've lost. Two blowouts in a row, in which the established veterans lost their will to fight en masse, while the few that still had fight left in them were left on the bench. If nothing is done to fix this, we're officially squandering talent. I didn't mind having a losing season with Dave Brown because he wasn't a good QB. But Eli Manning has the potential to rival the greatest in the business, and both he and this team are squandering it. Not even fighting for those rings at all. It pisses me off to no end because I *do* know what we have in Eli, and how this team will likely go another 20 years slumming it with the Dave Browns of the world after Eli retires.
"It's not just THAT they've lost that bothers me, it's HOW they've lost." EXACTLY.. Hey..I don't have to explain to anybody on these boards why i am a fan or that I don't Kiss the Giants *** or worship the ground the play on...sorry...I will always let them know when they play great and adversely when they play like crap. You don't like it , well..too bad. That means about as much to me as the weather in Poland..SPOILED??? How long have you been a Giants fan ??? SPOILED...NE Patriots fans are spolied. Giants fans have been fortunate...NOT spolied pal...This has been a roller coaster ride for me for 40+ years. Play well ...I'm yelling praises..play poorly and I'm yelling curses....grow up..it's football...not Ice Capades..