PDA

View Full Version : I hope JPP has a hidden injury

VBGiantsFan
12-24-2012, 04:24 AM
Because his drop off this season is inexplicable and troubling. If he cant handle the pressure of being our best defender, hes not the DE we all thought we had. Certainly hasnt played like it this season.

BuffyBlueII
12-24-2012, 04:25 AM
I hope he isn’t injured. I hope he just had an off year.

cken
12-24-2012, 04:27 AM
As i said in a previous thread, I don't quite put a lot on JPP at this point, the poor guy is getting mauled by a TE, doubled by offensive linemen and then chipped by backs all on the same play almost every down while everyone else struggles to beat their one-on-ones.

VBGiantsFan
12-24-2012, 04:29 AM
As i said in a previous thread, I don't quite put a lot on JPP at this point, the poor guy is getting mauled by a TE, doubled by offensive linemen and then chipped by backs all on the same play almost every down while everyone else struggles to beat their one-on-ones.

I hear you but thats been an excuse for him all season. That wont change in the future and frankly the greats still find ways to get it done. He had plenty of one on ones the last five games and still has been non existant.

cken
12-24-2012, 04:32 AM
I hear you but thats been an excuse for him all season. That wont change in the future and frankly the greats still find ways to get it done. He had plenty of one on ones the last five games and still has been non existant.

I think Coughlin is right, it IS going to take an offseason to fix this pass rush. Remember how we were all saying he was still raw and he was getting by with his freakish athleticism last year? Well i guess it will take the offseason to freshen up his technique and get back to mauling guys.

BuffyBlueII
12-24-2012, 04:35 AM
I think Coughlin is right, it IS going to take an offseason to fix this pass rush. Remember how we were all saying he was still raw and he was getting by with his freakish athleticism last year? Well i guess it will take the offseason to freshen up his technique and get back to mauling guys.

It kind of reminds me of Jevon Keerse. He took NFL by storm and then got beat up a little bit his 3rd year.

VBGiantsFan
12-24-2012, 04:48 AM
It kind of reminds me of Jevon Keerse. He took NFL by storm and then got beat up a little bit his 3rd year.

If hes like Kearse then we should expect a steady decline from here. kearse got injured thoug so maybe that explains things for his career.

G-MENBK
12-24-2012, 04:52 AM
I'm going to throw JPP a bone because it also pissed me off this season whenever I saw it, other Giants fans can chime in as well: JPP was also held a plethora of times.

cken
12-24-2012, 05:28 AM
I'm going to throw JPP a bone because it also pissed me off this season whenever I saw it, other Giants fans can chime in as well: JPP was also held a plethora of times.

amen brotha

laylow28
12-24-2012, 05:36 AM
Because his drop off this season is inexplicable and troubling. If he cant handle the pressure of being our best defender, hes not the DE we all thought we had. Certainly hasnt played like it this season. JPP has played well this yr. He is still a force with 2-3 blocking him while our other DE's lose their 1 on 1 battle.

The_ One
12-24-2012, 05:57 AM
It's not JPP, its the rest of the DF line, OSI and JPP have been our best defensive linemen, but it takes a whole team effort, this is the NFL, every team is loaded with the best players the league has to offer, if you are not on your game you will get beat, bottom line. Our interior of the line needs work, if you cant stop the run and get no pressure up the middle the DE has less opportunities, one player does not make a team, this is not tennis, that's why there are 11 players on the field all at the same time, if you have a few weak links like in a chain, it eventually will break, and we have more than a few weak links, cheers.

giant-4-life
12-24-2012, 06:24 AM
aw c'mon guys, JPP gets doubled because teams know Osi and tuck aren't squat. don't have to worry about anyone but JPP and the other guys are a second thought

titwio
12-24-2012, 08:07 AM
I'm a bit concerned. There were times in that game where he was singled and just flat out got nowhere. (I DVR'd the game) He looked pretty mediocre at times and even started committing penalties by trying to get a better start off the line. He was clearly frustrated by the way they were handling him. All the great pass rushers in the league get doubled...just goes with the territory. JPP has just failed to adjust. He needs to step up and prove he's capable of the hype he's gotten so far...IMO

CDN_G-FAN
12-24-2012, 08:09 AM
Because his drop off this season is inexplicable and troubling. If he cant handle the pressure of being our best defender, hes not the DE we all thought we had. Certainly hasnt played like it this season.

good point and good post.

fans act like JPP is the only pass rusher in the NFL to get doubled.

EVERY good pass rusher in the league gets this kind of attention.

the d line as a whole stunk this year. stunk.

gmen0820
12-24-2012, 08:21 AM
It's obvious in my eyes, if you don't have any significant push up the middle, Jared Allen could be your third DE and your pass rush will still suck. We need DTs, I've been saying this since week one.

thegreatone
12-24-2012, 09:31 AM
Didn't he add a bunch of weight last offseason? Could be an issue

M00KIE
12-24-2012, 09:41 AM
I believe it's been public that he's had back issues. Either way, I see him fighting every snap. I don't see that from Osi or Tuck. Even yesterday when Osi got that holding call, I've noticed that whenever he's held, he doesn't fight through it. He pulls up and starts looking for a ref to complain to.

We need some guys with a mean streak on this team. They all seem very passive for defensive football players imo.

rebelfan1966
12-24-2012, 09:55 AM
JPP is not really the problem, he is getting doubled, chop blocked, chipped, ect... which should be making opportunities for other players to have some success..... but they have not capitalized, that the puzzling part.

dakotajoe
12-24-2012, 12:14 PM
I'm a bit concerned. There were times in that game where he was singled and just flat out got nowhere. (I DVR'd the game) He looked pretty mediocre at times and even started committing penalties by trying to get a better start off the line. He was clearly frustrated by the way they were handling him. All the great pass rushers in the league get doubled...just goes with the territory. JPP has just failed to adjust. He needs to step up and prove he's capable of the hype he's gotten so far...IMO

I agree, he hasn't been beating the OL when he is singled a lot too. JPP isn't the problem but after hearing how, "he isn't even close to his potential yet, wait until he learns the game", 100 times last season and have him come back this season and DECLINE this year is a surprise. All good DEs and OLB get chipped and doubled, it's part of the game. All in all JPP has been pretty good this season but hopefully it's a hidden injury that is holding him back from being the all-pro caliber DE we all expected.

BJacobs aka The Problem
12-24-2012, 12:31 PM
good point and good post.

fans act like JPP is the only pass rusher in the NFL to get doubled.

EVERY good pass rusher in the league gets this kind of attention.

the d line as a whole stunk this year. stunk.

My biggest problem is the fact that when JPP is getting doubled, the other lineman are not winning their one on one match ups. Couple that with the fact that it appears that nothing is being done creatively to put them in better situations to get to rush the quarterback and you have this disaster of a pass rush.

joemorrisforprez
12-24-2012, 12:48 PM

Other players should be taking advantages of the double teams that JPP is getting.

Opponents are also utilizing quick throws to counter the pass rush, and our secondary is not making them pay. I can't remember the last time a saw a route get jumped.

titwio
12-24-2012, 01:03 PM
Other players should be taking advantages of the double teams that JPP is getting.

Opponents are also utilizing quick throws to counter the pass rush, and our secondary is not making them pay. I can't remember the last time a saw a route get jumped.

Corey Webster int vs. the Packers is the only one I can remember.