PDA

View Full Version : Legitimate question

giantscolombia
12-24-2012, 08:02 AM
Okay. So we all know that the TEAM did not show up yesterday at all... we got humiliated.

Here is my question:

Do the players have to answer to TC?

Do the coaches (KG, PF) have to answer to TC?

Does TC have to answer to the FO?

Is anyone held accountable for this. Atleast, internally?

I'm basing this off an "organization" style based team. In real life, haha, if you mess up this bad at your job you will have to see your supervisor or manager...

and if your supervisor or manager cannot handle the workforce they have to answer to someone above them....

RoanokeFan
12-24-2012, 08:05 AM
Okay. So we all know that the TEAM did not show up yesterday at all... we got humiliated.

Here is my question:

I'm basing this off an "organization" style based team. In real life, haha, if you mess up this bad at your job you will have to see your supervisor or manager...

and if your supervisor or manager cannot handle the workforce they have to answer to someone above them....

Coughlin has publicly accepted responsibility as he always does and should.

Every year, when the season ends, a total review of the season is undertaken and decision made on how to move forward..

M00KIE
12-24-2012, 08:09 AM
Of course people are held accountable. But this franchise doesn't make moves at the drop of a hat. They consider everything in making coaching changes. I guarantee you TC gets another year unless there's a guy the owners feel they can and need to grab now. KG and or Fewell...Not so sure. Tuck, Osi, Boley, Deihl, Blackburn,Canty and quite a few others... Doubtful.

But what the hell do we know? We'll just have to watch and see what happens.

EnragedYouth85
12-24-2012, 08:12 AM
Let the off season begin, I feel TC will be here but he's the only coach I can say will be here with any certainty. I have a feel a few players are gone too..

giantscolombia
12-24-2012, 08:17 AM

Every year, when the season ends, a total review of the season is undertaken and decision made on how to move forward..

I would figure Tom would take responsability during the presser... i didnt watch it but I figured that much..

The only reason I was asking is because they played like they didnt care about their job security. I guess the giants are not a team to cut loose ends mid-season, or even in the offseason.

Sadly, I see KG and PF back.

Kruunch
12-24-2012, 08:19 AM

Here is my question:

I'm fully expecting a firing squad this morning. TC, KG and PF.

Maybe some public flogging for CWeb, Eli, Osi and Boley.

brad
12-24-2012, 08:23 AM

One of the reasons I root for the Giants is because they are a class act, they would not knee-jerk and start firing people, and most certainly not on Christmas Eve. Any changes to staff will be done when the season is over, and then only after a full review of the season and looking to see who could be brought in as a replacement for that position.

giantscolombia
12-24-2012, 08:47 AM

really dude?

I would only expect the latter... not only expect but really really hope it happens... ESPECIALLY FOR CWEB

BlueMetal 40
12-24-2012, 08:48 AM
Watching TC last night in his post game, he was already stating that it wasn't scheme that was the problem, that it was execution. His answer to the first question tells you the coordinators are going nowhere in his mind. That's how I read it , anyway.

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Postgame-Coach-Tom-Coughlin---1223/b61e19f2-6a27-4fd6-aa64-ea90e0aaaaa2

(http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Postgame-Coach-Tom-Coughlin---1223/b61e19f2-6a27-4fd6-aa64-ea90e0aaaaa2)

RoanokeFan
12-24-2012, 08:56 AM
I would figure Tom would take responsability during the presser... i didnt watch it but I figured that much..

The only reason I was asking is because they played like they didnt care about their job security. I guess the giants are not a team to cut loose ends mid-season, or even in the offseason.

Sadly, I see KG and PF back.

I posted this in another thread. The Giants have fired three coordinators since 2006 I don't know what's going to happen, but they do jettison members of the coaching staff when they see that as the right thing to do for the betterment of the team.

RoanokeFan
12-24-2012, 08:57 AM

Who do you see pulling that trigger?

Morehead State
12-24-2012, 09:00 AM

HC's accepting "responsibility", is a lot like politicians accepting "responsibility".
Its really the message that ......"I'm a big man for taking responsibility but we all know that its the blame of others...so love me for being magnanimous but don't blame me for anything....wink, wink"

rebelfan1966
12-24-2012, 09:01 AM
I don't see Fewel staying on as the DC next season. I would say that KG is on the hot seat, but I think he knows where are the skeletons are buried, that can be the only explanation for keeping a guy on that only has a dozen plays in his playbook. (obviously I exagerate)

RoanokeFan
12-24-2012, 09:04 AM
HC's accepting "responsibility", is a lot like politicians accepting "responsibility".
Its really the message that ......"I'm a big man for taking responsibility but we all know that its the blame of others...so love me for being magnanimous but don't blame me for anything....wink, wink"

I don't see it that way, I think TC is an honorable person and believes that it is his responsibility. He has said all of the losses are on him and the wins are on the players.