PDA

View Full Version : What EXACTLY is PF's game plan on 3rd and excessive ?

ukgiantstyke
12-24-2012, 09:40 AM
Because we must have some sort of record for consistantly giving up MASSIVE 3rd down yardage for the past few seasons.

And last was no difference, I was actually laughing at their huge 3rd down gains, and was there anyone out there apart from PF that DIDN'T
think it was going to happen ?

PF what exactly is your plan ? its like groundhog day, rush 3 or 4, QB sits, has a coffee, surveys the field and then effortlessly completes to a wide open receiver...

again and again and again....

GMENAGAIN
12-24-2012, 09:42 AM
Please explain what your plan would be for such situations.

M00KIE
12-24-2012, 09:45 AM
Not sure the plan was the issue. Our corners need to cover...It really just boils down to that.

KillaRich
12-24-2012, 09:47 AM
Rush 3, give huge gaps......His bend philosophy is hey we can super bend this one give them 15 yards when they need 20...but not account for the possibility of them getting yac.... or i hate when they are in our territory just out of FG range and he still plays prevent...pretty much giving them at least 3 points points on the drive

ukgiantstyke
12-24-2012, 09:48 AM
You obviously didnt see what they and other teams do to us then....overload, come after him so he is pressured into throwing early, dumping to a rb who would not make such long yardage with the ball or putting the qb on his backside for a loss...

The fact that he has all day to wait for an open reciever and then completes beyond the 1st down marker shows that lack aggression in going after him....

so...what would you do ?

GMENAGAIN
12-24-2012, 09:50 AM
You obviously didnt see what they and other teams do to us then....overload, come after him so he is pressured into throwing early, dumping to a rb who would not make such long yardage with the ball or putting the qb on his backside for a loss...

The fact that he has all day to wait for an open reciever and then completes beyond the 1st down marker shows that lack aggression in going after him....

so...what would you do ?

You're the one that started a thread that is critical of what he is doing, yet you have no ideas for what he should be doing.

ukgiantstyke
12-24-2012, 09:51 AM
i assume you read my reply ? or did you just post with your eyes shut ?

so i guess your happy with the defenses performance, well good on you, I however am not...

SweetZombieJesus
12-24-2012, 10:00 AM
so...what would you do ?

Pressure, man underneath, 2 deep safeties

GMENAGAIN
12-24-2012, 10:01 AM
i assume you read my reply ? or did you just post with your eyes shut ?

so i guess your happy with the defenses performance, well good on you, I however am not...

Yeah, I posted with my eyes shut. You really got me there . . . I'll think twice before I mess with you again!

Suggesting that a defense can be fixed simply by blitzing more is a sure sign of a fan who really knows nothing about football. Who exactly is going to be covering the other team's WR's, TE's and RB's when all of these guys are blitzing?? Webster? Chase? lol

KillaRich
12-24-2012, 10:10 AM
Yeah, I posted with my eyes shut. You really got me there . . . I'll think twice before I mess with you again!

Suggesting that a defense can be fixed simply by blitzing more is a sure sign of a fan who really knows nothing about football. Who exactly is going to be covering the other team's WR's, TE's and RB's when all of these guys are blitzing?? Webster? Chase? lol
we stop t

I see what you're saying but denying PF scheme is not the problem is just being in denial.....we had the same problems last year until that late season run.... it took him until we were 7-7 but he actually adjusted the style of defense.... we brought just a LITTLE more pressure and it worked...sadly Fewell isn stubborn and wants his way to work no matter how bad we are getting torched..... the 3rd and longs are horrible game planning.... only rush 3 and put everybody alll the way back...i mean it seems like he wants to catch the ball borderline first down and hope we stop them a yard short...... he does this even with other teams on 3rd and long at the giants 40.... pretty much saying here dont get a first down but take a free fg...its nonsense .........

And his stubborn attitude by relying on the front four is flawed.... they are not as elite anymore.....not only is it not working you are burning them out.....thats why spags had the giants defense great....always knew when and where to bring the pressure

GMENAGAIN
12-24-2012, 10:18 AM
we stop t

I see what you're saying but denying PF scheme is not the problem is just being in denial.....we had the same problems last year until that late season run.... it took him until we were 7-7 but he actually adjusted the style of defense.... we brought just a LITTLE more pressure and it worked...sadly Fewell isn stubborn and wants his way to work no matter how bad we are getting torched..... the 3rd and longs are horrible game planning.... only rush 3 and put everybody alll the way back...i mean it seems like he wants to catch the ball borderline first down and hope we stop them a yard short...... he does this even with other teams on 3rd and long at the giants 40.... pretty much saying here dont get a first down but take a free fg...its nonsense .........

And his stubborn attitude by relying on the front four is flawed.... they are not as elite anymore.....not only is it not working you are burning them out.....thats why spags had the giants defense great....always knew when and where to bring the pressure

They started getting more pressure last year, because the front 4 got healthy and started playing better. Nothing to do with a change in scheme.

Let me ask you this . . . how many studs do we have on our defense?

FOFORLIFE
12-24-2012, 10:32 AM
3 men on Pita haha, Webster diving into the air whiffing on the pass. Classic.

GMENAGAIN
12-24-2012, 10:34 AM
According to most of these idiots Prince Aku !

You mean the one guy on defense who didn't get torched yesterday?

Kruunch
12-24-2012, 10:36 AM
Please explain what your plan would be for such situations.

Typically on third and long a good defense would send the house.

GMENAGAIN
12-24-2012, 10:43 AM

Ok, what do you do if you're not a good defense?

nycisgreat
12-24-2012, 11:06 AM

No pun intended, but we don't blitz much now and our guys aren't covering anyone with the current game plan. If what you are doing isn't working, Fix it. No one here is a NFL pro or coach, but one thing is clear is that our defense isn't working. We need a whole different defensive scheme, which means out with the old and in with the new. This defense hasn't been good (except the 2011 Superbowl run) for a couple of years.

nycisgreat
12-24-2012, 11:07 AM

Spag did it. Hell, the Raven did just that to us yesterday.

Buddy333
12-24-2012, 11:07 AM
It is not he DC's fault his two supposed premier DE's quit this year as well as the guy who started the season this #1 CB.

Kruunch
12-24-2012, 11:08 AM
Ok, what do you do if you're not a good defense?

Lose 33-14.

But to answer your question with a baseball metaphor, I'd rather go down swinging than looking.

nycisgreat
12-24-2012, 11:15 AM
It is not he DC's fault his two supposed premier DE's quit this year as well as the guy who started the season this #1 CB.

What would have to happen on this defense for you to say that it is the DC's fault? Mike Tyson said it best. "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face". Our defense has been getting punched and slapped around for the pass couple of years.

GMENAGAIN
12-24-2012, 11:16 AM

Why is it that they quit??? Have you considered the possibility that they just don't have it anymore? Webster is almost 31, Tuck is almost 30 and can't stay healthy, and Osi is a 31 year-old one-trick pony who can't do his one trick any more.

ukgiantstyke
12-24-2012, 11:16 AM

LOL your funny, I guess you never watch anyone else's defense then ? erm..oh let me guess..the ravens didnt seem to have too much problem bringing the heat ? and what happened...oh yeah ! they stopped us...why do other teams bring heat on third down ? hmmm wonder why...

If you have a very weak secondary, and they continually keep completing 3 downs, you either....sink without a trace, or try and take the heat off the cb's by trying to force the issue up front, we do neither...we dont give any help, neither do we get pressure, we continually do nothing and nothing changes...

its not a case of fixing, its a case of how many times do you want to see it happen before you then realise you need something to change, PF just doesnt do anything, I have seen him bring more and straight away gets pressure, but for some reason he just wont do it anymore...

Oh and I know nothing about football, nice one :) LOL merry christmas !

Buddy333
12-24-2012, 11:21 AM
Why is it that they quit??? Have you considered the possibility that they just don't have it anymore? Webster is almost 31, Tuck is almost 30 and can't stay healthy, and Osi is a 31 year-old one-trick pony who can't do his one trick any more.Who knows? They won the Super Bowl less than a year ago. Did they get that old that quick? How is the the DC's fault? Why ha the entire defense quit? Not all of them have. The Giants are built to rush th passer. They can not because two DE's got old over night and so did their #1 CB. Add to that the offense is even worse and thre you have it.

GMENAGAIN
12-24-2012, 11:29 AM
Who knows? They won the Super Bowl less than a year ago. Did they get that old that quick? How is the the DC's fault? Why ha the entire defense quit? Not all of them have. The Giants are built to rush th passer. They can not because two DE's got old over night and so did their #1 CB. Add to that the offense is even worse and thre you have it.

My beef is with the assumption that they quit just because they haven't performed.

Buddy333
12-24-2012, 11:32 AM
So they aged that much in 6 months? They ave been bad since the first game of the season which was 6 months after they played great against a very good offense.

GMENAGAIN
12-24-2012, 11:32 AM
So they aged that much in 6 months? They ave been bad since the first game of the season which was 6 months after they played great against a very good offense.

So they became quitters in 6 months?

Tuck did not play very well last season until the very end of the year. The guy just can't stay healthy enough to contribute consistently any more.

As for Webster, you've watched him play . . . is he playing as well as he played last year?

And we all know that Osi is shot . . .