PDA

View Full Version : Ravens Offensive Strategy was simple

rebelfan1966
12-24-2012, 09:44 AM
Throw it at Corey Webster.... worked like a charm the entire game.

Jahh
12-24-2012, 09:47 AM
God, he was pathetic.

Flip Empty
12-24-2012, 09:59 AM
Teams clued in on this fairly early. He's been bad, but so has the rest of the team.

appodictic
12-24-2012, 10:05 AM
And PF could not even thing out of the box like, remove correy webster from field or move him to safety or move rolle to cb and put in will hill.

CDN_G-FAN
12-24-2012, 10:06 AM
there are some problems that don't have a solution.

CW clearly took the bulk of snaps with the first team all week, to pull him and throw in Hosley who probably took 85% of his snaps at nickle wouldn't have been a whole lot better.

Ravens said it best in words and deeds: we don't respect the Giants pass rush and we can win this game throwing at webster.

DandyDon
12-24-2012, 10:43 AM
Yeah, but they ran the ball pretty good also. I knew we were in trouble when KP was declared inactive....

CDN_G-FAN
12-24-2012, 10:46 AM
which is another issue. we had fewer players miss games than other seasons but snee, jpp, kp, bradshaw, nicks are all huge names that really didn't play near 100% for most of the season.

Moke
12-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Throw it at Corey Webster.... worked like a charm the entire game.

Some of the calls were horrible too... that one passing interference was god-awful.... Corey barely touched the receiver. But he was awful throughout the season.

DayOneGiant
12-24-2012, 10:48 AM
And PF could not even thing out of the box like, remove correy webster from field or move him to safety or move rolle to cb and put in will hill.

I was thinking the same thing. He should have either been put in during the nickel package or removed altogether. I threw in the towel on Webster during the first series of the Bengals game.

rebelfan1966
12-24-2012, 11:03 AM
Some of the calls were horrible too... that one passing interference was god-awful.... Corey barely touched the receiver. But he was awful throughout the season.

I saw that too... I was thinking, finally Webster makes a good play and gets called for PI.

appodictic
12-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Giants should just do what other teams have done to us 3 times this year. Go helmet to helmet put someone on the turf and pay the 30 k. Its sick that someone takes a shot at cruz every week and we dont respond, also that really nasty chop block on our dline... this has to get like baseball you beam our best batter we do you one better.

nycisgreat
12-24-2012, 11:29 AM

Interference calls or not CW has been bad. I hate to say it, but he has been C.C Brown bad this season.

Moke
12-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Interference calls or not CW has been bad. I hate to say it, but he has been C.C Brown bad this season.

You just reiterated what I said after the first interference comment I've made.

Kez Simpson
12-24-2012, 11:34 AM
I think Webster with his hands and his chance taking instincts would be better at FS at this point his career. He clearly doesn't posses the speed to play top recievers anymore.

jonnyhaze
12-24-2012, 11:35 AM
Giants should just do what other teams have done to us 3 times this year. Go helmet to helmet put someone on the turf and pay the 30 k. Its sick that someone takes a shot at cruz every week and we dont respond, also that really nasty chop block on our dline... this has to get like baseball you beam our best batter we do you one better.

Nobody in the giants secondary last night were even close to a receiver to hit them anyway. Kenny Phillips is usually the one who can be counted on as our enforcer but he didnt even play.

BlueReign
12-24-2012, 11:35 AM
Agree x1000...Snap Boldin in two if he wants to come across the middle.

nycisgreat
12-24-2012, 11:36 AM
You just reiterated what I said after the first interference comment I've made.

Just agreeing and not contradicting you. CW just disgust me. Thats all. lmao.

nycisgreat
12-24-2012, 11:41 AM
I can't believe I am saying this, but I think I hate PF more than KG. I didn't think it was possible.

YATittle1962
12-24-2012, 11:53 AM
Corey got beat up......fair enough .

but Torrey Smith was out there making some pretty amazing catches while Webster was in decent position

Kruunch
12-24-2012, 12:02 PM
Corey got beat up......fair enough .

but Torrey Smith was out there making some pretty amazing catches while Webster was in decent position

+1

One of the things being overlooked with last nights game was how well the Ravens executed.

CWeb couldn't catch a break ... bad coverage, lost balls, great plays made over the top of him, called for PI ... on and on.

BlueReign
12-24-2012, 12:03 PM
+1

One of the things being overlooked with last nights game was how well the Ravens executed.

CWeb couldn't catch a break ... bad coverage, lost balls, great plays made over the top of him, called for PI ... on and on.
Flacco was the most accurate I've ever seen him yesterday as well.

YATittle1962
12-24-2012, 12:09 PM
+1

absolutely

as bad as the Giants played ......the Ravens played pretty damn well

Smith and Boldin were out there making awesome catches in coverage .....Flacco was putting the ball on the money

the Ravens would have beat a good defense yesterday......much respect to them