PDA

View Full Version : Come on guys...Wheres your appreciation?

barcode56
12-24-2012, 09:45 AM
The NY Giants not looking too good. Im ok with that...I have seen 5 superbowls with 4 wins. Eli Manning with two superbowl mvps. ask the average dallas, steelers, browns etc...how many SB they actually saw LIVE!! Not 100 years ago like dem cowboys...There is so much negativity going on on this board. To the negative people: In reality all of you should be ashamed of yourselves. Perhaps you all should look for new teams cause you guys are obviously wasting tickets. Lets stay more positive going forward instead of talking endlessly about firing people and letting all the players go..smh.. We did just win a superbowl last year!!! So what If we dont make it this year, I still bleed blue! Go Giants!!!!........

rebelfan1966
12-24-2012, 09:47 AM
I'm ok with losing when I feel the team tried..... I just get the feeling this team has played very uninspired football as of late, and that's hard to understand or watch.

M00KIE
12-24-2012, 09:47 AM
Yep...Seen worse for sure and nothing should be taken for granted. But at the same time, people gotta vent. It is pretty frustrating to watch.

Rudyy
12-24-2012, 09:49 AM
Yup. I should totally be proud of this team showing no heart or little sense of urgency in 2 consecutive blow outs. Merry Christmas!

SweetZombieJesus
12-24-2012, 09:51 AM
I became a hard-core fan of this team because of a LOSS -- the 1990 Monday Night Football matchup against the 49ers.

What attracted me was the CHARACTER and FIGHT. We showed that again in the week 17 matchup against the Pats in 2007. Something this team doesn't show during these late season collapses. Too many gutless turds in key spots, I can list them if you need to be reminded. There are about 10 of them.

Even in the Dave Brown years we could hang our hats on Rodney Hampton and a defense that never gave up.

I can take a loss; it's the gutless no-shows that make me angry. That and this team puts itself in the drivers seat year after year with 6-2 starts and then swerves into a tree and hits the ejector seat -- usually into the underside of a ledge. Wile E. Coyote should be our mascott.

Flip Empty
12-24-2012, 09:54 AM
I appreciate that they only have one more game to play this season.

Morehead State
12-24-2012, 09:56 AM
The NY Giants not looking too good. Im ok with that...I have seen 5 superbowls with 4 wins. Eli Manning with two superbowl mvps. ask the average dallas, steelers, browns etc...how many SB they actually saw LIVE!! Not 100 years ago like dem cowboys...There is so much negativity going on on this board. To the negative people: In reality all of you should be ashamed of yourselves. Perhaps you all should look for new teams cause you guys are obviously wasting tickets. Lets stay more positive going forward instead of talking endlessly about firing people and letting all the players go..smh.. We did just win a superbowl last year!!! So what If we dont make it this year, I still bleed blue! Go Giants!!!!........
My beloved football team........ QUIT!!!!!

barcode56
12-24-2012, 10:02 AM
The looked tired...real tired.

BJacobs aka The Problem
12-24-2012, 10:04 AM

I'll show appreciation when the team gives me something to appreciate. Just like you, I bleed blue and still remain a big fan of the Giants, but let's call it like it is. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and chucks like a duck...it's a damn duck. They're playing like crap and when you play like crap you open yourself to all kinds of criticism and negativity. They want positive feedback, they need to earn it.

As far as all the talk about who should be fired, I don't know about you but if my work performance drastically decreased, I'd be in the hot seat regardless of what I have done or accomplished the previous year. Why should it be any different for them?

Morehead State
12-24-2012, 10:05 AM
I'll show appreciation when the team gives me something to appreciate. Just like you, I bleed blue and still remain a big fan of the Giants, but let's call it like it is. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and chucks like a duck...it's a damn duck. They're playing like crap and when you play like crap you open yourself to all kinds of criticism and negativity. They want positive feedback, they need to earn it.

As far as all the talk about who should be fired, I don't know about you but if my work performance drastically decreased, I'd be in the hot seat regardless of what I have done or accomplished the previous year. Why should it be any different for them?

I agree.....Right now its about the future.

barcode56
12-24-2012, 10:06 AM
I became a hard-core fan of this team because of a LOSS -- the 1990 Monday Night Football matchup against the 49ers.

What attracted me was the CHARACTER and FIGHT. We showed that again in the week 17 matchup against the Pats in 2007. Something this team doesn't show during these late season collapses. Too many gutless turds in key spots, I can list them if you need to be reminded. There are about 10 of them.

Even in the Dave Brown years we could hang our hats on Rodney Hampton and a defense that never gave up.

I can take a loss; it's the gutless no-shows that make me angry. That and this team puts itself in the drivers seat year after year with 6-2 starts and then swerves into a tree and hits the ejector seat -- usually into the underside of a ledge. Wile E. Coyote should be our mascott.

I saw that monday night game...we lost 7-3...Im still pissed...lol....we later beat san fran in the playoffs to win thesb that year. but the following year...we crash...happens to us everytime we win a sb.

brad
12-24-2012, 10:07 AM

It is not the losses, or missing the playoffs that bothers me, it is the complete lack of heart, lousy game plans and a team that seemed to quit halfway through the season. We have had great years with the Giants, and Coughlin has earned his place among the best in Giants history. I appreciate that... I don't appreciate quitting.

Morehead State
12-24-2012, 10:09 AM
I saw that monday night game...we lost 7-3...Im still pissed...lol....we later beat san fran in the playoffs to win thesb that year. but the following year...we crash...happens to us everytime we win a sb.
But we played our asses off in that game. Phil got in the grill of Ronny Lott after the game because he actually had heart.

Toadofsteel
12-24-2012, 10:11 AM

I for one am not okay with mediocrity, not when we have a HoF-quality QB under center. Dave Brown at least never gave up, even though he was pretty much 1990s Mark Sanchez in terms of talent. This team has stopped caring, and unless some new blood comes in at the coaching level, this team will continue to not care, leaving fans like myself angry to see Eli's career being wasted...

Hooligans
12-24-2012, 10:11 AM

Okay Homer.....Fact is the Giants are completing one of the biggest choke jobs in NFL history.......Heads MUST and WILL roll after this embarrassment. I hope, Mara, like his father before him, publishes an apology letter to the people of New York for what has transpired after tha last two games, especially when considering that over the last 7 games, the Giants are (2-5), after a 6-2 start. There is no excuse or reason for this other than incompetency on both the players and coaches parts.....Time to re-build and get rid of the deadwood on the roster, on the coaching staff, and even in the Front Office

Hooligans
12-24-2012, 10:13 AM
I for one am not okay with mediocrity, not when we have a HoF-quality QB under center. Dave Brown at least never gave up, even though he was pretty much 1990s Mark Sanchez in terms of talent. This team has stopped caring, and unless some new blood comes in at the coaching level, this team will continue to not care, leaving fans like myself angry to see Eli's career being wasted...

Sorry, but Eli ain't no Hall-of-fame quality QB.....if he was, this 2-5 collapse wouldn't have happened.....do you see this happening to Brady, Peyton, Brees, or Rodgers...EVER....NO!

Rudyy
12-24-2012, 10:15 AM
Sorry, but Eli ain't no Hall-of-fame quality QB.....if he was, this 2-5 collapse wouldn't have happened.....do you see this happening to Brady, Peyton, Brees, or Rodgers...EVER....NO!Dont make this into a Eli vs (Insert QB here) thread.

Morehead State
12-24-2012, 10:15 AM
Eli is definitely part of the problem. His play has been horrific lately. And he hasn't picked this team up like a leader is supposed to.

Hooligans
12-24-2012, 10:17 AM
Dont make this into a Eli vs (Insert QB here) thread.

Whatever, Eli is still nowhere close to being a Hall-of-Fame QB....Phil Simms is right, Eli isn't elite, and a QB MUST be elite to make the HOF.

Morehead State
12-24-2012, 10:18 AM
Whatever, Eli is still nowhere close to being a Hall-of-Fame QB....Phil Simms is right, Eli isn't elite, and a QB MUST be elite to make the HOF.
Everybody sucked, including our QB.

Hooligans
12-24-2012, 10:18 AM
Eli is definitely part of the problem. His play has been horrific lately. And he hasn't picked this team up like a leader is supposed to.

Eli has been horrible - he isn't even a top 15 QB in the NFL right now and the Giants should start thinking about possibly drafting a QB in the 3rd or 4th round that might develop into his replacement over the next year or two.

SweetZombieJesus
12-24-2012, 10:40 AM
Okay Homer.....Fact is the Giants are completing one of the biggest choke jobs in NFL history.......Heads MUST and WILL roll after this embarrassment. I hope, Mara, like his father before him, publishes an apology letter to the people of New York for what has transpired after tha last two games, especially when considering that over the last 7 games, the Giants are (2-5), after a 6-2 start. There is no excuse or reason for this other than incompetency on both the players and coaches parts.....Time to re-build and get rid of the deadwood on the roster, on the coaching staff, and even in the Front Office

You do realize this exact thing happened in 2008, 2009, and 2010, and Mara did nothing... Well except fire Sheridan.

onlineprof
12-24-2012, 10:45 AM
I can handle a hard fought loss. What I do not like to see is just giving up and it certainly looked to me like the Giants gave up. They should have won this game, they have the talent and they should have had the desire. Instead, they just stood around while the Ravens actually played football. While I was watching the game, I began to notice a really curious thing (deep sarcasm coming) - Flacco would pass the ball and his receivers would CATCH IT, even if the ball was just near them! What a concept! One of Eli's passes hit Bennet on the numbers and he did not catch it. They dropped catchable balls left and right. So my appreciation is tempered with the fact that they played as if they did not care.

I am a Giants fan and will always be one. But if they do not want to get into the playoffs, and they have played that way against both Atlanta and Baltimore, then I have to be happy for them as they are- currently hapless.

gumby74
12-24-2012, 10:51 AM
I agree.....Right now its about the future. Sadly, I think we need to re-tool and find our identity as a football team. Are we defensive minded like the Steelers? Do we become the Colts of old/Patriots? We need to choose one or the other as there is not enough money to around to feed both sides of the ball. The difficult part is Eli. He's so up and down, it can throw a wrench into the entire plan. What good is investing money into offensive side of the ball, when your QB won't uphold his end of the bargain. But with a 20 million dollar QB we may need to invest offense. I'd go o-line and WR and let the defense suffer.

Morehead State
12-24-2012, 10:54 AM
Sadly, I think we need to re-tool and find our identity as a football team. Are we defensive minded like the Steelers? Do we become the Colts of old/Patriots? We need to choose one or the other as there is not enough money to around to feed both sides of the ball. The difficult part is Eli. He's so up and down, it can throw a wrench into the entire plan. What good is investing money into offensive side of the ball, when your QB won't uphold his end of the bargain. But with a 20 million dollar QB we may need to invest offense. I'd go o-line and WR and let the defense suffer.
WR is our best position.

barcode56
12-24-2012, 10:54 AM
Sorry, but Eli ain't no Hall-of-fame quality QB.....if he was, this 2-5 collapse wouldn't have happened.....do you see this happening to Brady, Peyton, Brees, or Rodgers...EVER....NO!

Are u serious dude??? Manning has 2 SB mvps...something that Brady, Peyton, Brees, Rodgers do NOT have!!! So Eli should not get 100% of the blame.. u simpleton.

Morehead State
12-24-2012, 10:57 AM
Are u serious dude??? Manning has 2 SB mvps...something that Brady, Peyton, Brees, Rodgers do NOT have!!! So Eli should not get 100% of the blame.. u simpleton.
No one is giving him 100% of the blame. One would have to be a "simpleton" to read that into any post on this thread.
But Eli is certainly part of the problem. And like the rest of the team, the QB position has to improve over this year. He's played poorly for a 9 year vet.

Moke
12-24-2012, 10:58 AM
The coaching staff sucks a major nut. There is no other explanation. Jerry Reese has to realize we need a good offensive-line for this team and these coaches.

Buddy333
12-24-2012, 11:03 AM
Bull. We are fans. They look like fools and they will catch all the heat for it. If they don't like it they can stop quitting.

Kruunch
12-24-2012, 11:04 AM

Too soon.

My Cheerios still have pee in them.

barcode56
12-24-2012, 11:13 AM

Biggest choke in nfl history....Mara has to write all of us an apology letter??? are u kidding me? dude relax is not that serious....many teams do not do back to back sbs... and u wanna trade off half the team? then we would be looking like the Kent Graham..Dave Brown, Danny Kannel days.....I dont know if you were born during that time... that was embrarassing. I dont think heads need to roll just yet.

brad
12-24-2012, 11:17 AM

I am frustrated with the way the second half of this season has gone, and would even welcome some changes in coaching staff... but this might be taking it a bit too far. It might be a good idea to get a second hobby because you are taking this game way too seriously