PDA

View Full Version : Draft a QB

NYGabriel
12-24-2012, 09:01 AM
You can't afford to pay someone this much that puts up such pathetic amateurish displays. The team is unbalanced as a result. We also have one of the league's worst backups in Carr. Eli should be given another year or two to get it right but if you can get someone like Cousins in the 4th round it makes a lot of sense.

RoanokeFan
12-24-2012, 09:08 AM
So much for the Christmas spirit. This will be epic

EliDaMANning
12-24-2012, 09:08 AM
So much for the Christmas spirit. This will be epicCan't you close this thread before it gets out of hand?

Flip Empty
12-24-2012, 09:09 AM
Oh dear.

RoanokeFan
12-24-2012, 09:10 AM
Can't you close this thread before it gets out of hand?

I could, but I won't. It's an opinion

EliDaMANning
12-24-2012, 09:11 AM
I could, but I won't. It's an opinionC'mon man this is ridiculous lol.

rebelfan1966
12-24-2012, 09:11 AM
Hey, I'm sure there is a talented young QB coming out of college who can complete passes with nobody pass blocking up front. Lets sign em.

Toadofsteel
12-24-2012, 09:12 AM
... QB is the last position we have to worry about now. Picks are better spent rebuilding our O-line from scratch...

RoanokeFan
12-24-2012, 09:13 AM
If we deleted every "ridiculous" thread, no one would be here :popcorn:

Besides, this will get the creative juices flowing.

RoanokeFan
12-24-2012, 09:14 AM
Tebow and Sanchez are looking for homes. What's Donovan McNabb doing?

rebelfan1966
12-24-2012, 09:15 AM
As far as that goes, we can probably get both Rex and Sanchez....

RoanokeFan
12-24-2012, 09:18 AM
As far as that goes, we can probably get both Rex and Sanchez....

Really off topic but how about Tebow refusing to run the wildcat because he didn't get the call over McElroy?

rebelfan1966
12-24-2012, 09:20 AM
I did not hear about that.... However, I think rex was afraid to give Tebow the nod over McElroy, because if they won with Tebow, look at the backlash Rex would have gotten from the fans... lol

Morehead State
12-24-2012, 09:20 AM
Hey, I'm sure there is a talented young QB coming out of college who can complete passes with nobody pass blocking up front. Lets sign em.
Have you ever heard of a QB actually making a play amid a pass rush. Have you ever seen a QB so easy to bring down? He looked like a rag doll. They get one hand on him and he goes down.
Make a Friggin Play!!!!

Hooligans
12-24-2012, 09:21 AM
You can't afford to pay someone this much that puts up such pathetic amateurish displays. The team is unbalanced as a result. We also have one of the league's worst backups in Carr. Eli should be given another year or two to get it right but if you can get someone like Cousins in the 4th round it makes a lot of sense.

I agree and it would be irresponsible for the Giants not to be looking and possibly drafting a QB in the first three rounds that might be Eli's replacement in the next year or two. Great QBs like Warner & Romo weren't even drafted, and both are/were better than Eli has ever been. The Giants should look carefully carefully in the draft and try to snag a gem......whoever they get can't be any worse than Carr.

Redeyejedi
12-24-2012, 09:22 AM
drafting a back up QB isnt that bad of an idea if the value is there starting at the 5th round.

rebelfan1966
12-24-2012, 09:22 AM
Im not defending Eli... so go ahead and say whatever you like. He is certainly not playing like he did in the NFC Championship game last year. Its as if the entire teams went on vacation about a month back.

rebelfan1966
12-24-2012, 09:23 AM
I say lets get Johnny Football, we need a scrambler since we have no offensive line.

nygpolishpunk
12-24-2012, 09:24 AM
I'll bite.

Even though its a ridiculous thought, our problem isn't the QB, its the line. At this point we're wasting Eli because we're not able to protect him. An O-line takes a few seasons to rebuild, and Eli might be past his prime when his line is ready to start protecting him again well enough for a championship season.
Drafting a QB might not be the worst idea.

But think about this, rebuilding your lines is like rebuilding the entire team... at which point Eli is worth more if he's traded away.

Yeah I said it.

Food for thought.

RoanokeFan
I did not hear about that.... However, I think rex was afraid to give Tebow the nod over McElroy, because if they won with Tebow, look at the backlash Rex would have gotten from the fans... lol

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/31629/Report--Tebow-pulled-himself-out-of-Wildcat/Default.aspx

titwio
I actually think it would be a good idea to draft a QB. For a lot of reasons but most of all, motivation for Eli. Also because the Giants need to groom someone else behind him cause it's not a guarantee he'll stay healthy every year.

I wouldn't be opposed to it as long as it's not in the first two rounds. The Hawks got Wilson in the 3rd...something like that is fine with me.

Flip Empty
Really off topic but how about Tebow refusing to run the wildcat because he didn't get the call over McElroy?

Childish. I didn't expect something like that from him.

I do have to wonder whether it's Tebow making his career decisions or his marketing team.

GMENAGAIN
12-24-2012, 09:25 AM
Have you ever heard of a QB actually making a play amid a pass rush. Have you ever seen a QB so easy to bring down? He looked like a rag doll. They get one hand on him and he goes down.
Make a Friggin Play!!!!

Yes! Toss the ball to one of your WR's that are getting blanketed by a below average secondary! Or maybe toss it up in the air to that comedian of a TE that drops every other ball thrown to him! Or maybe toss it to the RB who is still lying on the ground after getting steam-rolled by a pass rusher!

CDN_G-FAN
12-24-2012, 09:25 AM

you're a troll or jets fan.

i'm not sure which, or whether there's even a difference............

RoanokeFan
12-24-2012, 09:27 AM
Childish. I didn't expect something like that from him.

I do have to wonder whether it's Tebow making his career decisions or his marketing team.

I thought it seemed out of character for Tebow.

berya

Well put.

rebelfan1966
http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/31629/Report--Tebow-pulled-himself-out-of-Wildcat/Default.aspx

That's interesting indeed. I feel bad for Tebow.... he was traded to the circus. I wish him well wherever he ends up.

RoanokeFan

flip a coin :)

RoanokeFan
12-24-2012, 09:30 AM
drafting a back up QB isnt that bad of an idea if the value is there starting at the 5th round.

I'd like to have someone other than Carr.

RoanokeFan
12-24-2012, 09:31 AM
That's interesting indeed. I feel bad for Tebow.... he was traded to the circus. I wish him well wherever he ends up.

I never did understand that acquisition and now they have two QB's to get rid of.

Toadofsteel
12-24-2012, 09:31 AM
I'd like to have someone other than Carr.

Cut Carr and elevate Perriloux...

rebelfan1966
12-24-2012, 09:33 AM
I hear Jared Lorenzen just became available....

Morehead State
12-24-2012, 09:33 AM
Yes! Toss the ball to one of your WR's that are getting blanketed by a below average secondary! Or maybe toss it up in the air to that comedian of a TE that drops every other ball thrown to him! Or maybe toss it to the RB who is still lying on the ground after getting steam-rolled by a pass rusher!
Look...he needs to be able to create more time in the pocket. When he loses his confidence (which is where he is right now) he loses all his pocket presence. I'm not asking for a running style. I am asking that he hit the weight room and be able to fight off some of these pass rushers to create some time and make a play. You don't have to be a mobile QB to do that.

Kruunch
12-24-2012, 09:34 AM

Silly troll is silly.

Morehead State
12-24-2012, 09:34 AM
I never did understand that acquisition and now they have two QB's to get rid of.
The Jets traded away their best QB in Drew Stanton.

GMENAGAIN
12-24-2012, 09:36 AM
Look...he needs to be able to create more time in the pocket. When he loses his confidence (which is where he is right now) he loses all his pocket presence. I'm not asking for a running style. I am asking that he hit the weight room and be able to fight off some of these pass rushers to create some time and make a play. You don't have to be a mobile QB to do that.

Hit the weight room?

C'mon MH, I know you're upset but you're better than this . . . ..

Morehead State
12-24-2012, 09:38 AM
Hit the weight room?

C'mon MH, I know you're upset but you're better than this . . . ..
Eli isn't physical enough. That needs to change in today's NFL. Even the QB's who aren't mobile can get around the pocket and make plays.

Ruttiger711
12-24-2012, 09:39 AM
I was listening to Sirius and they spoke about a Jets source saying the primary reason they didn't start Tebow is because they (Rex and co.) were AFRAID yes AFRAID he would do WELL and did not want to deal with the media backlash and questions as to why he wasnt used more. Seems far fetched but also not really.

gumby74
12-24-2012, 09:46 AM
I was listening to Sirius and they spoke about a Jets source saying the primary reason they didn't start Tebow is because they (Rex and co.) were AFRAID yes AFRAID he would do WELL and did not want to deal with the media backlash and questions as to why he wasnt used more. Seems far fetched but also not really.

Not really. Coaching is job just like any other.

Ruttiger711
12-24-2012, 09:46 AM
Eli isn't physical enough. That needs to change in today's NFL. Even the QB's who aren't mobile can get around the pocket and make plays.Second play of the game where the lb ran free into Eli, what do you have him do there - chuck it away? Sorry but you'd be killing him for "continued bad decision making" and not taking the sack. They had a rusher running free on practically every play. But let me guess you will throw out names like Brees, Brady Rodgers etc saying they would have made the play, who have PROVEN to fail under those same circumstances, from OUR team nonetheless. Oh wait of course - Simms would have done better.

Morehead State
12-24-2012, 09:51 AM
Second play of the game where the lb ran free into Eli, what do you have him do there - chuck it away? Sorry but you'd be killing him for "continued bad decision making" and not taking the sack. They had a rusher running free on practically every play. But let me guess you will throw out names like Brees, Brady Rodgers etc saying they would have made the play, who have PROVEN to fail under those same circumstances, from OUR team nonetheless. Oh wait of course - Simms would have done better.
The only one bringing other names in this conversation is you. I want my QB to have better pocket presence. There is no doubt that our O line played lousy along with everyone else. But he has to make plays. He psychy is fragile. when he loses confidence he is a different player. When we talk about why his play is so up and down (as is our team....strange coincidence....well...maybe not) you can point to his confidence level.
Its too vulnerable to facts on the ground.

NYGabriel
12-24-2012, 09:51 AM

I'm neither. Eli should still QB this team but he's on a ridiculous amount of money and if this season becomes his standard then it's unacceptable. He's been woeful most of the season. Rodgers doesn't have an o-line but he can still make a play every once in a while. If Eli got hurt Carr won't win a single game. He'd struggle to make a first down. If there's value in the later rounds like a Wilson or Cousins I can't see why we shouldn't draft a QB.

Hooligans
12-24-2012, 09:53 AM
I'm neither. Eli should still QB this team but he's on a ridiculous amount of money and if this season becomes his standard then it's unacceptable. He's been woeful most of the season. Rodgers doesn't have an o-line but he can still make a play. If Eli got hurt Carr won't win a single game. He'd struggle to make a first down. If there's value in the later rounds like a Wilson or Cousins I can't see why we shouldn't draft a QB.

Exactly, and if Eli continues his decline, the new QB could be given a chance to take over....it is the natural order in the NFL.

GameTime
Cousins has one good game and all of a sudden you are a talent evlautor....

GMENAGAIN
Eli isn't physical enough. That needs to change in today's NFL. Even the QB's who aren't mobile can get around the pocket and make plays.

Should he get bigger and stronger like Big Ben? How many games has Eli missed in his career? How about Big Ben?

Stop the silliness . . ..

Hooligans
12-24-2012, 09:54 AM
Cousins has one good game and all of a sudden you are a talent evlautor....

Well, we know Reese isn't, so we are trying to give him some help.

Shockeystays08
12-24-2012, 09:55 AM
[QUOTE=Morehead State;635873]Have you ever heard of a QB actually making a play amid a pass rush. Have you ever seen a QB so easy to bring down? He looked like a rag doll. They get one hand on him and he goes down.
Make a Friggin Play!!!![/QUOTE
I agree, anyone on here who feels Eli is not contributing to the downfall is either blind, completely closed minded or doesn't see the game very well. If Eli needs to be comfy cozie on each pass attempt to be effective he's not what we need. He goes down easier than any QB I can think of, he forces his wobbly a.s passes to covered receivers, he locks into his target and seems to never see the open guy anymore, he is as elusive as a statue with speed of a cripple, when things go wrong he looks like more of a bummed out loser than he does a rock solid leader. He says the same crap over and over again after a loss. Has he done great things for us? Yes, but he has been really bad more often than not this season by a long shot and when we needed him to put the team on his shoulders the last 2 weeks I saw only a feeble attempt. Sure we need some Olineman, Webster sucks we need DL and our LBs are a joke but to make excuses for Eli's shortcomings and believe he is not part of the reason for this years poor results is a head scratcher. To look for a QB in the draft who may gel into a possible starter for us down a short road if Eli can't pull out of his funk seems like a pretty good thought process. So go ahead and dog the opinion and insult the thread author and those who agree all you want. This is a place for opinions and being a Giant fan we all have some very thick skin!

Hooligans
12-24-2012, 09:57 AM
Time for the Giants to consider replacing those underperformers in ALL positions and that includes the quarterback position. The Giants look awful and are a bottom third team, which means they need help all over the field and can't do it all in one draft. That said, if a QB that is rated high by the Giants is still on the draft board when the Giants are up, they would be fools to pass him up at this point. It will take 2 or 3 years to re-build this team to be competitive again, and by that time, Eli will be done.....if not before then.

Ruttiger711
12-24-2012, 09:58 AM
Should he get bigger and stronger like Big Ben? How many games has Eli missed in his career? How about Big Ben?Stop the silliness . . ..Oh the "BIG BEN" that ACTUALLY was at fault for the Steelers being out of the playoffs?Now THAT'S a qb you can assign blame for a team's failures.

Buddy333
12-24-2012, 09:59 AM
Cousins has one good game and all of a sudden you are a talent evlautor....Actually he has also come in twice when RG3 was hurt and did a nice job. They shouldn't draft a QB with a high pick, but Eli will not pay forever.

rebelfan1966
12-24-2012, 09:59 AM
Honestly, not trying to give Eli a pass, but when your O'line is not giving the passing routes time to develop, and your WR that are normally open are covered up, a QB has few options.... throw it into traffic, throw it away, or take a sack.

It does not help that every singe time we seemed to get a hint of momentum going, we started getting pushed back by stupid penalties. Add to that the dropped passes, just a bad performance all the way around.

As for Eli, he has to up his game.... no doubt. When we win, he gets credit, when we lose, he gets blame..... that's the normal order of things. I'm just not sure any QB would have done much better playing with this offense the past few weeks.

GameTime
12-24-2012, 10:00 AM
Well, we know Reese isn't, so we are trying to give him some help.
yeah he sucks with those two rings......
they cant win or contend every year man.....

TheAnalyst
12-24-2012, 10:00 AM
I think the Giants should have a NFL ready QB behind Eli. Its only a matter of time. Did you see the Colts without Peyton? If they didnt stumble with such perfect timing, they would still be in the dumps. Fortunately for them, there were a bucket of QBs in that draft and they one at the top was a great option.

Morehead State
12-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Oh the "BIG BEN" that ACTUALLY was at fault for the Steelers being out of the playoffs?Now THAT'S a qb you can assign blame for a team's failures.
And the relevance of this is............

Kruunch
12-24-2012, 10:06 AM

I think you're going the wrong direction with this.

Eli has one of the best (if not THE best) pocket presences in the NFL.

Ruttiger711
12-24-2012, 10:06 AM
And the relevance of this is............

Figure it out on your own.

giantscolombia
12-24-2012, 10:12 AM
This guy is a troll... or a fool

Buddy333
12-24-2012, 10:17 AM
The league is changing and QB's like Eli are becoming extinct. Not saying they cut him or anything, but unless you are elite, like his brother or Brady you can not be a statue in the pocket anymore. Three mobile rookie QB's have outplayed Eli this year.

Flip Empty
12-24-2012, 10:20 AM
The league is changing and QB's like Eli are becoming extinct. Not saying they cut him or anything, but unless you are elite, like his brother or Brady you can not be a statue in the pocket anymore. Three mobile rookie QB's have outplayed Eli this year.
Eli is great at evading rushers in the pocket, though. That ability is useless if there's nowhere for him to throw.

Ruttiger711
12-24-2012, 10:20 AM

Playing our D - we could make Sanchez look good too I'm sure.

Buddy333
12-24-2012, 10:23 AM
Playing our D - we could make Sanchez look good too I'm sure.Right, and this vaunted offense managed 14 points in to games with 7 coming in garbage time.

Sarcasman
12-24-2012, 11:13 AM

This is the smartest, most impressive and well thought out opinion I have ever read on these boards. I hope the Giants FO scans these boards for hidden geniuses because they need to hire this guy into the organization immediately. I can't believe he's not already running a NFL franchise.

GMENAGAIN
12-24-2012, 11:17 AM
This is the smartest, most impressive and well thought out opinion I have ever read on these boards. I hope the Giants FO scans these boards for hidden geniuses because they need to hire this guy into the organization immediately. I can't believe he's not already running a NFL franchise.

He is . . . . the Cardinals.

Sarcasman
12-24-2012, 11:24 AM
He is . . . . the Cardinals.

LOL, given the evidence that even they've managed to win a game or two this year it's highly unlikely he's running them. Are there no winless teams at all? I think he's still available! He need to sign him quickly!

Dogg
12-24-2012, 11:03 PM
You can't afford to pay someone this much that puts up such pathetic amateurish displays. The team is unbalanced as a result. We also have one of the league's worst backups in Carr. Eli should be given another year or two to get it right but if you can get someone like Cousins in the 4th round it makes a lot of sense.You sir.....need to pick another team....plz!!!

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-24-2012, 11:06 PM

put the pipe down and consider being a jets fan,,then come back and tell us how that works out,,,is there a full moon? did some people forget to take their meds? this anti eli stuff is shameful, the entire team had a bad year, front office on down.

Rat_bastich
12-24-2012, 11:07 PM
I think right now our quareterback of the future is probably playing as a junior or senior in high school. Eli will be here until he either decided to retire, leave or the Giants just cannot afford him anymore.

Like I have said a few times, live by the sword die by the sword. Last year the Giants lived off of Eli's arm and a few times this year as well. Eventually that luck was going to run out.

L.T.56
12-24-2012, 11:09 PM
i'll admit manning has struggled alot at times throughout this season but to say we need a new qb is absolutely ridicuolous. the guy still has another 5 or more years left and he's already won two super bowl mvps. plus his o-line this year has been in shambles. snee and diehl are up there in age and beatty, baas, and boothe aren't anything to brag about at all. plus their running backs can't block very well.

TheEnigma
12-24-2012, 11:09 PM
Not this year lol. This has to be one of the worst QB classes I've seen in the modern era.

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-24-2012, 11:12 PM
Not this year lol. This has to be one of the worst QB classes I've seen in the modern era.

has bust written all over it,,from geno smith on down.

Rat_bastich
12-24-2012, 11:14 PM

Someone will end up coming out and being pretty good, but I agree with you that there doesn't seem to be anyone spectacular or a clear number 1.

Cloud57
12-24-2012, 11:14 PM
has bust written all over it,,from geno smith on down.haha teams with no QB will still suck