PDA

View Full Version : Alarming Offensive line stat

EliDaMANning
12-24-2012, 10:15 AM
Forget about Bradshaw not able to make a simple block, but did anyone see that ridiculous stat sometime in the second half. It looked like Eli was hit 60% of the time he dropped back. And people are comparing the GB line to this? Give me a break.

There isn't a QB in the history of the NFL who can work with what. So all you people complaining about Eli need to calm down.

appodictic
12-24-2012, 10:33 AM
Yes. Its like Bradshaw was hurt but normally he picks up the slack for a lame offensive line. This game he was lame and the flood gates were open, could you imagine if the oline could actually do their job? Like block and they we could let our running backs catch 30 yard td's like ray rice? Instead of having to stay in and cover up for DD.

Kruunch
12-24-2012, 10:39 AM
Yes. Its like Bradshaw was hurt but normally he picks up the slack for a lame offensive line. This game he was lame and the flood gates were open, could you imagine if the oline could actually do their job? Like block and they we could let our running backs catch 30 yard td's like ray rice? Instead of having to stay in and cover up for DD.

Beatty played worse than DD did last night.

And that's saying something.

rebelfan1966
12-24-2012, 10:41 AM
Out offensive line looked like a turn style at the fairgrounds......

stormblue
12-24-2012, 10:47 AM
then call some real short quick hitters.
if they are on you in 2.4 seconds....then you can't keep calling 3.5 second react and read routes.
they know Eli is chuck and duck long-ball.
our lack of a short game sucks as bad as our o-line.

Ruttiger711
12-24-2012, 10:51 AM
then call some real short quick hitters.if they are on you in 2.4 seconds....then you can't keep calling 3.5 second react and read routes.they know Eli is chuck and duck long-ball.our lack of a short game sucks as bad as our o-line.Back when we actually had a pass rush teams like NO and GB would do exactly this and shred us. For whatever reason it's a completely foreign concept to our coaching.

EliDaMANning
12-24-2012, 01:13 PM
Did you see the first pass of the game? A 20 yard slant route. KG doesn't have any quick short passes. The guy is a joke.

slipknottin
12-24-2012, 01:15 PM
Ravens sent a ton of DB blitzes, which the OL is not responsible for.

appodictic
12-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Did you see the first pass of the game? A 20 yard slant route. KG doesn't have any quick short passes. The guy is a joke.

We had plenty of these passes when the unreal steve smith was in town. Maybe Cruz should work on this and not writing books and hail mary's since he is supposedly our "slot" guy.

BJacobs aka The Problem
12-24-2012, 01:19 PM
At one point during the game, Eli dropped back 17 times, was hit 10 and sacked twice. Is that the stat you're speaking of?

stormblue
12-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Back when we actually had a pass rush teams like NO and GB would do exactly this and shred us. For whatever reason it's a completely foreign concept to our coaching.

they will insist that it is poor execution .....because it went well in practice with
receivers running unobstructed routes......and it was good enough to win 2 SB's....

CruznNicks
12-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Buddy Ryan punched Gilbride for a reason. His option routes are the easiest to defend. Cover 2 deep and you will shut down this offense.

BJacobs aka The Problem
12-24-2012, 01:22 PM
Buddy Ryan punched Gilbride for a reason. His option routes are the easiest to defend. Cover 2 deep and you will shut down this offense.

It's what Washington, Atlanta and Baltimore have done in the last 3 losses.

CruznNicks
12-24-2012, 01:26 PM
It's what Washington, Atlanta and Baltimore have done in the last 3 losses.

Cincy did the same exact thing also. Nick Foles threw for well over 300 vs the same Redskins defense that Eli seems to struggle with. That's without DJax and half of his starting Oline. Not saying Foles is better but the offensive scheme is better by a country mile.

EliDaMANning
12-24-2012, 01:31 PM
At one point during the game, Eli dropped back 17 times, was hit 10 and sacked twice. Is that the stat you're speaking of?I couldn't believe this when I saw it.

appodictic
12-24-2012, 01:44 PM
We should have at least gone max protect and ran one and two man routes. Killdrive goes 5 wide.

NorwoodBlue
12-24-2012, 01:47 PM
The stat didn't really alarm me, it was painfully obvious right from the start. I thought Brewer played pretty good at the end when he got in. Maybe we'll see him against Philly. Sorry, lost my head there, Coughlin prefers to play injured veterans over anybody. Don't know what I was thinking.

BJacobs aka The Problem
12-24-2012, 01:51 PM
Cincy did the same exact thing also. Nick Foles threw for well over 300 vs the same Redskins defense that Eli seems to struggle with. That's without DJax and half of his starting Oline. Not saying Foles is better but the offensive scheme is better by a country mile.

Forgot about Cincy, I didn't get to see that game during that weekend.

It's just completely mind boggling that the offense hasn't found a way to adjust and take advantage of what defenses are starting to do and WILL be the reason why if the Giants don't make the playoffs this season.