PDA

View Full Version : Ok enought about this team and this horrible season already

flashnando
12-24-2012, 11:15 AM
Lets look at what the Giants need, I am no professional analyst like some people here (claim to be) but from what i can see we need:

To restructure the Defense, we need to draft DE, CB, LB, OL, TE.

Im not familiar with all the top college talent so please update me on who would be a great pickup for the Giants at the positions above or if you think they have other greater needs besides what i posted.

Another opinion i have is draft a potential #2 WR and here is why.. I think Victor Cruz would dominate as a slot receiver like Welker does. Cruz has the speed and talent to do so and i think if the Giants find a #2 WR in the draft or use what we have now (like Barden) the offense will be a lot better. But again consistency is the problem with this team, Bennett was not there all year and i still can't believe they let Boss go in FA. Eli can only do so much with a revolving door at every position, one week its Nick, next week its Barden, then next week it Hixon, then it's, Bennett, then Pascoe, then Bradshaw, the Wilson, then some walk on player from the practice squad. I'm not defending Eli but you can't blame him for struggling at times, I have never played in the NFL but i can imagine not playing with the same guys week and and week out makes a difference.

Thoughts?

sportsfan554
12-24-2012, 11:19 AM
I agree. Victor cruz and hakeem nicks are the future of this team. Eli is as good as the players you surround him with. I think that goes for any quarterback in the league. but like I had mentioned before we cannot expect eli to complete passes to his wide receivers when he is constantly on his back.

ibbill
12-24-2012, 11:23 AM
Front 5 on O needs to be addressed and the Front 4 On D. the rest will be fine with them two spots being fixed. Simple lol

flashnando
12-24-2012, 11:23 AM
I agree. Victor cruz and hakeem nicks are the future of this team. Eli is as good as the players you surround him with. I think that goes for any quarterback in the league. but like I had mentioned before we cannot expect eli to complete passes to his wide receivers when he is constantly on his back.

So you think drafting and rebuilding the O-Line is a priority over the D-line?

ibbill
12-24-2012, 11:26 AM

I really think we need to rebuild both an easy task NOT. Lot of negativity coming out of the mouths of some of our vets.Keep them the hell away from the media.

flashnando
12-24-2012, 11:29 AM
I really think we need to rebuild both an easy task NOT. Lot of negativity coming out of the mouths of some of our vets.Keep them the hell away from the media.

I agree! what is wrong with them? They act like they didn't win it last year. Shouldn't they talking with confidence instead of praising the other team. I also don't like this because just think how this affects our rookies or young guys when they hear the vets mouth off like that, NOT GOOD!

brad
12-24-2012, 11:34 AM
Personally, I still see LB as the weakest area on the defense. Teams are dismantling the defense and negating the pass rush with quick passes. The only way to counter this is with quality LBs that can drop back in coverage, and shoot the gaps to stop the run. The secondary and D-line, as bad as they have been, instantly improve when you improve the LB group.

On offense, they definitely need to improve the O-line, but not because of pass protection. They haven't been great in pass protection, but they have actually been better this year than last. Eli is still the least sacked QB in the league and the pressures have dropped from 39% to 25% YOY. While the running game has improved slightly, it is inconsistent because the O-line doesn't get a consistent push, this is an area that needs to be fixed.

I am all for getting a big physical receiver to play on the outside opposite Nicks, and moving Cruz back to the slot. This, hopefully along with Bennet at TE, gives Eli two very good targets in the middle of the field where he statistically does much better than when he throws to the outside.

All that being said, I am no pro, these are just my uneducated observations.

flashnando
12-24-2012, 11:40 AM
Personally, I still see LB as the weakest area on the defense. Teams are dismantling the defense and negating the pass rush with quick passes. The only way to counter this is with quality LBs that can drop back in coverage, and shoot the gaps to stop the run. The secondary and D-line, as bad as they have been, instantly improve when you improve the LB group.

On offense, they definitely need to improve the O-line, but not because of pass protection. They haven't been great in pass protection, but they have actually been better this year than last. Eli is still the least sacked QB in the league and the pressures have dropped from 39% to 25% YOY. While the running game has improved slightly, it is inconsistent because the O-line doesn't get a consistent push, this is an area that needs to be fixed.

I am all for getting a big physical receiver to play on the outside opposite Nicks, and moving Cruz back to the slot. This, hopefully along with Bennet at TE, gives Eli two very good targets in the middle of the field where he statistically does much better than when he throws to the outside.

I couldn't agree more! This team is not HORRIBLE like the jets or KC, we are a very talented team and need only a few minor changes to get back on that championship caliber level again. I trust Reece and I trust next years draft will be awesome and this team will be a lot better next year. I'm not for firing coaches but our DC really has to go please, pick up Spags if he is available again.

paulj
12-24-2012, 11:42 AM

Rueben Randle cvan step up to play the other outside WR with Cruz moving to the slot WR psn.

CB MLB DE DT T G RB (in no particular order)

brad
12-24-2012, 11:50 AM
Rueben Randle cvan step up to play the other outside WR with Cruz moving to the slot WR psn.

CB MLB DE DT T G RB (in no particular order)

Randle could be the solution and is already on the roster... time will tell on that.

I would also consider moving Kiwi into the DE rotation along with the DEs already on the roster, f you can find decent OLB prospects either in FA (not likely because of cap) or draft. That accomplishes two things with one move. DT I think is an area of concern, even if only for depth. Joseph and Canty are OK, but there is no one behind them that will push for playing time.

BlueReign
12-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Randle could be the solution and is already on the roster... time will tell on that.

I would also consider moving Kiwi into the DE rotation along with the DEs already on the roster, f you can find decent OLB prospects either in FA (not likely because of cap) or draft. That accomplishes two things with one move. DT I think is an area of concern, even if only for depth. Joseph and Canty are OK, but there is no one behind them that will push for playing time.
I do believe we need some run stuffers though. These two get blown off of the ball continuously.

OX1
12-24-2012, 11:53 AM

No question, League favors O and KG's scheme needs a killer O-line.
That and I think we can have shootout with any team in the league if we
fix just the O-line.

Toadofsteel
12-24-2012, 11:55 AM

I think Markus Kuhn will pan out at DT. He was looking pretty good rotationally as a rookie before getting injured. Unless his injury hampers him as a player, he'll be back next year. Austin on the other hand is a complete bust.

I think we'd be decent at OLB too. We can probably get away with offering Rivers less to come back, and he was playing with a vengeance when he was on the field. Jacquian is looking pretty good as well.

Main solution to our problems is O-line (and to a lesser extent DE). Gut the entire OL unit, keep only Beatty, and spend at least 5 picks on OL...

brad
12-24-2012, 11:58 AM
I think Markus Kuhn will pan out at DT. He was looking pretty good rotationally as a rookie before getting injured. Unless his injury hampers him as a player, he'll be back next year. Austin on the other hand is a complete bust.

I think we'd be decent at OLB too. We can probably get away with offering Rivers less to come back, and he was playing with a vengeance when he was on the field. Jacquian is looking pretty good as well.

I like Jacquian... and agree with you on Kuhn (forgot about him). I am not so sure about Rivers, he is a great talent but is injured far too often to be a consistent and reliable option.

flashnando
12-24-2012, 12:33 PM
I like Jacquian... and agree with you on Kuhn (forgot about him). I am not so sure about Rivers, he is a great talent but is injured far too often to be a consistent and reliable option.

How about Kahseem Greene

GiantsYanks1
12-24-2012, 01:02 PM
Couldn't agree more, lets get more physical up front on both sides of the ball and God willing get a LB or two who can ball.