PDA

View Full Version : ROLLE

giantscolombia
12-24-2012, 12:11 PM
I just now remembered, on saturday or sometime during the week he said something about "he was going to be a beast for the giants"

hahaha i hope someone calls him out on it. He did nothing to show or back up all the garbage he was spilling before the game.

makes me sick... talks a bunch of trash, doesnt back it up, then never apologizes or gets called on it...

here is the link: www.nfl.com/goto?id=0ap1000000114818

Toadofsteel
12-24-2012, 12:12 PM
He's also overpaid. Keep KP and Stevie, with Hill and Sash for depth/ST.

YATittle1962
12-24-2012, 12:13 PM
Rolle is one of the only players on the field showing any heart

not sure what you guys are talking about

rEaS
12-24-2012, 12:14 PM
stevie? lol.. he may be a ball hawk but he sucks against the run.. did you see that angle he took on their long run.. nawww.. i prefer to also have a good tackler back there and rolle is as good as they come..

but he did talk a lot and not back it up.. thats true.. no one did on sunday.. no one..

ShakeandBake

Why? So he can sit out injured all season again?

BigBlueAllDay
He was matched up with Boldin most of the night on CB man coverage, which proved to be a mismatch. Rolle played as best as he could as a CB against Boldin, laying out and all.

Kruunch
12-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Rolle is probably the most over rated player the Giants have. He's the Michael Vick of DBs. One great highlight versus a bajillion out of position plays.

And he's vastly overpaid which just adds insult to injury.

Rolle would make a great WILL backer ... which is really the position he ends up playing (whether the scheme dictates it or not).

giantscolombia
12-24-2012, 12:19 PM

all i'm saying is he didnt back up his comments... he said he would be a beast for us.

i dont think he played like a "beast" at all..

RoanokeFan
12-24-2012, 12:20 PM
all i'm saying is he didnt back up his comments... he said he would be a beast for us.

He was the leading tackler, again

BJacobs aka The Problem
12-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Wow, you guys are calling out Rolle now? Is there no end to the madness that has enveloped this board? I'm all for being pissed and disappointed with the team right now, but really, Rolle? Out of everyone who's lining up on defense right now, who exactly is playing better? If you can name 5 players who are playing better(and I mean definitively better) than Rolle, I would be shocked.

Die-Hard
12-24-2012, 12:23 PM

He's one guy, and he was pretty much the only one giving full effort yesterday. I dont know which game you were watching

Kruunch
12-24-2012, 12:24 PM
He's one guy, and he was pretty much the only one giving full effort yesterday. I dont know which game you were watching

He is one guy true.

And I saw him give about as much effort as the rest of the team.

And execute about as well.

ShakeandBake
12-24-2012, 12:26 PM
He is one guy true.

We must've been watching a different game then, because Rolle is one of the few players on this team that makes an effort week in and week out

Kruunch
12-24-2012, 12:27 PM
We must've been watching a different game then, because Rolle is one of the few players on this team that makes an effort week in and week out

Make an effort != play well.

I agree that he does put forth effort.

giantscolombia
12-24-2012, 12:28 PM
Wow, you guys are calling out Rolle now? Is there no end to the madness that has enveloped this board? I'm all for being pissed and disappointed with the team right now, but really, Rolle? Out of everyone who's lining up on defense right now, who exactly is playing better? If you can name 5 players who are playing better(and I mean definitively better) than Rolle, I would be shocked.

when you proclaim that you will be a beast for your team, and just play average i have a problem with the talking... thats my problem.

If he would have stayed quiet and played the game like he did thats fine. BUT! he decided to say he was going to be a beast for us.

giantscolombia
12-24-2012, 12:31 PM

I agree, i have no problem against Rolle. I have a problem with stating that he is going to be a beast and coming up short.

Full effort should be something we expect from our players every game! being a beast is completely different imo.

BuffyBlueII
12-24-2012, 12:33 PM

+1

ShakeandBake
12-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Make an effort != play well.

I agree that he does put forth effort.

He might not bring what you expect from a typical FS but he does contribute, leads the team in solo tackles for the 2nd year in a row and can make plays out there. It is arguable to say that he deserves a pay cut but to say he doesn't play well I completely disagree with.

Die-Hard
12-24-2012, 12:35 PM
I agree, i have no problem against Rolle. I have a problem with stating that he is going to be a beast and coming up short.

Full effort should be something we expect from our players every game! being a beast is completely different imo.

What were your expectations? He said he was going to beast it up, so what specifically should he have done, in your eyes, to back that up?

Its a team sport. One guy cant do the work of 11. Rolle was one of the few who were trying like hell yesterday.

BuffyBlueII
12-24-2012, 12:37 PM
He is one guy true.

The guy played as well as he could considering he is playing out of position.

BuffyBlueII
12-24-2012, 12:38 PM
Rolle is probably the most over rated player the Giants have. He's the Michael Vick of DBs. One great highlight versus a bajillion out of position plays.

And he's vastly overpaid which just adds insult to injury.

Rolle would make a great WILL backer ... which is really the position he ends up playing (whether the scheme dictates it or not).

We can only hope that most of our defenders would make a tackle or a stop as well as Mike Vick does.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0p3sGXvlgU

BJacobs aka The Problem
12-24-2012, 12:38 PM
when you proclaim that you will be a beast for your team, and just play average i have a problem with the talking... thats my problem.

If he would have stayed quiet and played the game like he did thats fine. BUT! he decided to say he was going to be a beast for us.

Now we're B#$%@ing about players saying their going to be a beast and only playing average? Seriously man, what are you going to complain about next? It's apparent that you're unhappy with the Giants play as of late, but complaining about this? You may just want to turn off the sports sites and media for a few days and just enjoy the holiday season because that is absolute ridiculous.

"Oh man so and so said they were going to get 6 sacks and only got 5.5...."

Ya need a break homie.

Kruunch
12-24-2012, 12:40 PM
He might not bring what you expect from a typical FS but he does contribute, leads the team in solo tackles for the 2nd year in a row and can make plays out there. It is arguable to say that he deserves a pay cut but to say he doesn't play well I completely disagree with.

Well that's the crux of the issue with Rolle isn't it? If he was a 6th round draft pick, we'd be saying we got great value for him.

Being the highest paid free agent we have, there are a tad higher expectations ... further reinforced by his mouth. THOSE expectations he hasn't lived up to.

He's a very good tackling strong safety. He's a horrible free safety and he's a liability in open field coverage (much better off the line jamming someone). He plays everything downhill excellently.

That really describes a Linebacker ... not a Safety though.

And that's my issue with Rolle ... we needed and signed an ELITE DB ... we got a really good WILL backer.

P.S. - Being lead tackler is more an indictment on our current LBers than any real prop for Rolle.

nhpgiantsfan
12-24-2012, 12:41 PM
After JPP, Rolle is by far our best defensive player. He is the last player that should be called out on this board. Does he talk a little too much? sure. But he is one of the few bright spots on this broken defense.

BlueReign
12-24-2012, 12:42 PM
Rolle is the only defender that shows up week in and week out. Say what you want about him but he does NOT quit.

Kruunch
12-24-2012, 12:44 PM
After JPP, Rolle is by far our best defensive player. He is the last player that should be called out on this board. Does he talk a little too much? sure. But he is one of the few bright spots on this broken defense.

Second best defensive player?! He's not even the second best SAFETY on the team. Both KP and Stevie Brown have outperformed Rolle as a DB this year.

giantscolombia
12-24-2012, 01:06 PM
Now we're B#$%@ing about players saying their going to be a beast and only playing average? Seriously man, what are you going to complain about next? It's apparent that you're unhappy with the Giants play as of late, but complaining about this? You may just want to turn off the sports sites and media for a few days and just enjoy the holiday season because that is absolute ridiculous.

"Oh man so and so said they were going to get 6 sacks and only got 5.5...."
Ya need a break homie.

You are taking this way out of proportion kid, read my post. I never said Rolle is trash! he needs to be benched, he needs to be cut, he is awful, etc.

Yes, he is a good player. When you say you are going to be a Beast and you just do your job you should be called out on it.

When someone is considered a beast they are a forced to be reckoned with, they are disruptive, they are aggressive, all game! you hear their name being called by the announcers usually saying "woah, what a great game this guy is having" not once did i hear Rolle's name being called in exaltation. He got beat on a couple plays, thats normal for a person to get beat, thats normal for a "good" CB/Safety to get beat but when you say you are going to be a beast its a different story.

Its like Eli saying he will be a beast this past game.... He didnt throw a INT, he threw a TD, he didnt Fumble getting railed all game, he had a couple over thrown balls but he didnt play like a beast.

same principle.

BJacobs aka The Problem
12-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Second best defensive player?! He's not even the second best SAFETY on the team. Both KP and Stevie Brown have outperformed Rolle as a DB this year.

Seriously? Given the scheme and what coordinators have asked Rolle to do, how can you say that? They asked him to play the slot receiver in the GB game and he pretty much shut down the slot receiver. They ask him to play up around the line of scrimmage and he makes plays at around the back field. He's been instrumental to a lot of those stops they've made on 4th down. Rolle has been one of the only consistent players on defense all year.

I get that we're all pissed off today, but seriously. Everyone needs to take a step back. This whole team is playing like crap. This singling out of players and coaches is getting absurd. You'd think it was the Salem Witch Trials here.

giantscolombia
12-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Rolle is the only defender that shows up week in and week out. Say what you want about him but he does NOT quit.
I never said he quit.

BJacobs aka The Problem
12-24-2012, 01:16 PM
You are taking this way out of proportion kid, read my post. I never said Rolle is trash! he needs to be benched, he needs to be cut, he is awful, etc.

Yes, he is a good player. When you say you are going to be a Beast and you just do your job you should be called out on it.

When someone is considered a beast they are a forced to be reckoned with, they are disruptive, they are aggressive, all game! you hear their name being called by the announcers usually saying "woah, what a great game this guy is having" not once did i hear Rolle's name being called in exaltation. He got beat on a couple plays, thats normal for a person to get beat, thats normal for a "good" CB/Safety to get beat but when you say you are going to be a beast its a different story.

Its like Eli saying he will be a beast this past game.... He didnt throw a INT, he threw a TD, he didnt Fumble getting railed all game, he had a couple over thrown balls but he didnt play like a beast.

same principle.

Taking it way out of proportion? You're b#$%@ing about him saying that he was going to be a beast and only playing an above average game. The guy led the team in tackles with 10, had one stop behind the line of scrimmage and you're complaining because he didn't have friggen lasers, shoot fire out of his arse and win the Giants the game?

As far as I'm concerned, he was one of the few players on defense who actually showed up as evident on the play where Boldin got hurt. His coverage on that play was damn near perfect. The only thing better was the throw and catch.

ShakeandBake
12-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Well that's the crux of the issue with Rolle isn't it? If he was a 6th round draft pick, we'd be saying we got great value for him.

Being the highest paid free agent we have, there are a tad higher expectations ... further reinforced by his mouth. THOSE expectations he hasn't lived up to.

He's a very good tackling strong safety. He's a horrible free safety and he's a liability in open field coverage (much better off the line jamming someone). He plays everything downhill excellently.

And that's my issue with Rolle ... we needed and signed an ELITE DB ... we got a really good WILL backer.

P.S. - Being lead tackler is more an indictment on our current LBers than any real prop for Rolle.

I agree with what you're saying here, personally my expectations weren't as high as some of the other posters on this board in regards to Rolle's ability in the passing game. This is because he was a former CB who was moved to S which is an indication that he lost a step or two, meaning his coverage skills would diminish as well.

Your point about the LB I agree with as well, a safety has no business leading the team in tackles, and LB has most definitely been a weak unit on this team for years now. I was making this point to show that contrary to popular belief, Rolle does contribute greatly to this defense. As I said earlier I agree that the guy needs to take a pay cut but I think he is the least of our problems at this point in time.

nhpgiantsfan
12-24-2012, 01:17 PM

What did KP play 6 games this year? Stop.. And Stevie Brown while always seeming to be in the right spot at the right time, has not contributed anywhere near as much as Rolle.

GOBLUE24
12-24-2012, 01:22 PM
Rolle who does make way too much money has played his heart out! His versatility has mad a big difference. The lack of healthy corners has been a major issue. The major issue is the linebackers make no plays at all!

nycisgreat
12-24-2012, 01:23 PM

+1

BuffyBlueII
12-24-2012, 01:32 PM

So now we base what we pay players on their mouth? Hmmmmm........If you want to go there, is it a coincidence that our defense was sucking last year and nursing boo boos and then Antrelle Rolle called them out and they started to perform a heck of a lot better? I donít think so. He puts his foot in his mouth a bit but he also motivates a good bit of the time, tells it how it is, doesnít have a public love and fear fest over rookie QBs like our Defensive Captain and malcontent DE does, and gives it his all even when he is playing poorly. Antrelle Rolle shows up to play and lays it out there every game.

berya
12-24-2012, 01:40 PM

This 100%

And who ever said he is our 2nd best defender... Well I for one agree. Because after JPP he is the next one who comes to my mind.

P.S and I"m not even Rolle's biggest fan (too much garbage comes out of his mouth for my taste) but the man is damn good football player.

appodictic
12-24-2012, 01:52 PM
He was the leading tackler, again

Bingo if your safety is your leading tackler that is a beast performance because your linebackers should be. Chase has some good plays herzlich was doing his best osi impressions, and boley was laughing on the sideline after ray rice smoked him like dog crap on the sidewalk.

TroyArcher
12-24-2012, 02:00 PM

At least Rolle shows up and plays. You know KP will miss at least half the games due to injuries.

brad
12-24-2012, 02:06 PM
Rolle is the last person that deserves to be called out. He is one of the few players on this team that continues to fight a play like he wants to win. Once again, leading the team in tackles. You may not like his "talk" but I will take that over the defeatist attitude Tuck and some other players have displayed any day.

giantscolombia
12-24-2012, 02:07 PM
Taking it way out of proportion? You're b#$%@ing about him saying that he was going to be a beast and only playing an above average game. The guy led the team in tackles with 10, had one stop behind the line of scrimmage and you're complaining because he didn't have friggen lasers, shoot fire out of his arse and win the Giants the game?
As far as I'm concerned, he was one of the few players on defense who actually showed up as evident on the play where Boldin got hurt. His coverage on that play was damn near perfect. The only thing better was the throw and catch.

YES YOU ARE TAKING THIS OUT OF PROPORTION

He showed up but he was not a beast. You cannot be serious and say that Rolle was a "monster" "beast" "force" during that game.

He didnt do bad but he was not a beast. He led the team in tackles OMG!!! maybe because we are purous and the chances to make tackles were there. One stop behind the line of scrimmage is beast?

idk but that seems like a normal thing to do. if he had presence in the backfield every play consistently he would be a beast.

all in all, before you take it out of proportion again this comes down to your definition of beast compared to mine.

BEAST

1. When referring to a person, beast status is achieved when the aforementioned person is so good at a certain skill that they have exceeded human comprehension, thus making them non-human.

2. When referring to a place, beast status is achieved when the aforementioned place is superior to other places that are somewhat similar to it (usually based upon the vote of the majority or common fact).

3. When referring to a thing, beast status is achieved when the aforementioned thing is superior to anything else (usually a matter of opinion).
1. "Did you see how many medals Michael Phelps got? He's such a beast."

2. (person 1) "Dude, why go to King's Island when we could go to Cedar Point?"

(person 2) "Because I like King's Island."

(person 1) "Cedar Point is beast."

3. (person 1) "Mmm. Key-lime pie is so beast."

(person 2) "True, but it isn't as beast as banana pudding."

appodictic
12-24-2012, 02:11 PM
Roll is easily the most talented player we have, a safety starts out 10-15 yards behind the line of scrimage, yet he leads the team in tackles......

This shows you how inept everyone around him is. That last 3rd and 19th throw into triple coverage shows what the giants are. Three guys around not one can make a play.

BJacobs aka The Problem
12-24-2012, 02:13 PM
YES YOU ARE TAKING THIS OUT OF PROPORTION

He showed up but he was not a beast. You cannot be serious and say that Rolle was a "monster" "beast" "force" during that game.

He didnt do bad but he was not a beast. He led the team in tackles OMG!!! maybe because we are purous and the chances to make tackles were there. One stop behind the line of scrimmage is beast?

idk but that seems like a normal thing to do. if he had presence in the backfield every play consistently he would be a beast.

all in all, before you take it out of proportion again this comes down to your definition of beast compared to mine.

BEAST

1. When referring to a person, beast status is achieved when the aforementioned person is so good at a certain skill that they have exceeded human comprehension, thus making them non-human.

2. When referring to a place, beast status is achieved when the aforementioned place is superior to other places that are somewhat similar to it (usually based upon the vote of the majority or common fact).

3. When referring to a thing, beast status is achieved when the aforementioned thing is superior to anything else (usually a matter of opinion).
1. "Did you see how many medals Michael Phelps got? He's such a beast."

2. (person 1) "Dude, why go to King's Island when we could go to Cedar Point?"

(person 2) "Because I like King's Island."

(person 1) "Cedar Point is beast."

3. (person 1) "Mmm. Key-lime pie is so beast."

(person 2) "True, but it isn't as beast as banana pudding."

Ok, I'm going to say this as slow as possible:

You're calling out a guy who played better than anyone else on the team for not living up to some imaginary expectation of what you consider a Beast.

You're b@#$%ing for the sake of b@#$%ing.

giantscolombia
12-24-2012, 02:14 PM

http://stats.nj.com/fb/boxscore.asp?gamecode=20121223033&final=true

Antrel Rolle: 8 TACKLES 2 ASSIST

COREY WEBSTER: 7 TACKLES 1 ASSIST

Would you say Cweb played like a beast?

just because he had alot of tackles?

BJacobs aka The Problem
12-24-2012, 02:23 PM

/facepalm

No, what I'm saying is this: With everything that is going wrong with the Giants, complaining about a player who said he was going to play like a beast, but instead played an above average game unlike the rest of his teammates is ridiculous. If he had put up a performance like Corey Webster after saying he was going to play like a beast, I'd say that you would have a point and a reason to complain, but he didn't.

giantscolombia
12-24-2012, 02:46 PM
/facepalm

No, what I'm saying is this: With everything that is going wrong with the Giants, complaining about a player who said he was going to play like a beast, but instead played an above average game unlike the rest of his teammates is ridiculous. If he had put up a performance like Corey Webster after saying he was going to play like a beast, I'd say that you would have a point and a reason to complain, but he didn't.

so you are crowning him for playing average on a team that played below average?

giantscolombia
12-24-2012, 02:47 PM
/facepalm

You are saying it yourself! lol

he played above average. he was not a difference maker, he was not someone that influenced the game in any way. HE WAS AVERAGE.

BJacobs aka The Problem
12-24-2012, 03:03 PM
You are saying it yourself! lol

he played above average. he was not a difference maker, he was not someone that influenced the game in any way. HE WAS AVERAGE.

The team is 8-7, on the verge of being not making the playoffs. The offense is playing like garbage, the defense is playing like garbage. The coordinators can't seem to put a solid game plan together to stop the opposing team. Coughlin can't seem to get his players to play to their full potential and yet you're b@#$%ing about a player who played hard and probably played better than anyone else on Sunday but didn't play like a "Beast" when he said he was going to.

You my friend...I wish you a merry christmas or happy holiday, whichever one you'd prefer, other than that, you're a moron.

appodictic
12-24-2012, 03:37 PM
Right obviously when someone says they are going to "give it their all" or "beast mode" it is not a promise. The point is he SOUNDS LIKE he wants to try hard, and tuck can not even pull that off.

RoanokeFan
12-24-2012, 04:04 PM

The trurh is Webster was on his man on almost every play, he just couldn't make a play. He was burned, no question.

RoanokeFan
12-24-2012, 04:06 PM
Right obviously when someone says they are going to "give it their all" or "beast mode" it is not a promise. The point is he SOUNDS LIKE he wants to try hard, and tuck can not even pull that off.

If Rolle's attitude was infectious maybe we would have won more games.