PDA

View Full Version : Carl Banks says the Giants are soft

TroyArcher
12-24-2012, 12:57 PM
He says the reputation around the league is "punch the Giants in the mouth and they wont fight back". What a reputation to have. This team really needs a few tough, mean guys. Too many finesse players.

Rudyy
12-24-2012, 12:58 PM
What happened to our mental toughness?

Moke
I just had a soft taco from taco bell. Tasted like the Giants, especially Justin Tuck.

BJacobs aka The Problem
He says the reputation around the league is "punch the Giants in the mouth and they wont fight back". What a reputation to have. This team really needs a few tough, mean guys. Too many finesse players.

Sad but true.

appodictic
12-24-2012, 12:59 PM
True giants hsould just man up have 100,000 of fines next game. and have a big brawl against the eagles.

HarlemGiant17
12-24-2012, 01:00 PM

It went to San Fran to sit on a bench

I Hate T.O.
12-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Banks is absolutely right!!!

53canton
12-24-2012, 01:03 PM
How he hell is TC gonna weed out he softies? There may be too many to replace. I hope we dont need a total rebuild.

ImElectric2
12-24-2012, 01:03 PM
Been saying that all year. We play like felines.

TroyArcher
12-24-2012, 01:04 PM
How he hell is TC gonna weed out he softies? There may be too many to replace. I hope we dont need a total rebuild.

Tuck, Osi, Boley and Webster would be a good start.

Giantslb66
12-24-2012, 01:05 PM
Banks is NOT a true Giant because he blasted the team. Doesn't he realize they won the Super Bowl last year? He should be happy he covered them for 2 Super Bowls!!!!!!

Rudyy
Banks is NOT a true Giant because he blasted the team. Doesn't he realize they won the Super Bowl last year? He should be happy he covered them for 2 Super Bowls!!!!!!lol

titwio
Carl Banks is a master of the obvious.

Rudyy
12-24-2012, 01:06 PM
I just had a soft taco from taco bell. Tasted like the Giants, especially Justin Tuck.LOL

BuffyBlueII
Carl Banks is right. I listened to a chunk of the game on the radio while driving and he was disgusted.

BJacobs aka The Problem
True giants hsould just man up have 100,000 of fines next game. and have a big brawl against the eagles.

They need to do something. They need to be a little nasty out there. I'm not saying they need to intentionally hurt anyone but damn, instill some fear or something. Friggen Cruz has been blasted meanwhile the opposing receivers just move around freely. KP seemed like the only guy who wanted to ring anybody's bell.

Hell, during the Washington games, I waited all game for someone to just blast RGIII on one of those hand offs. If he's faking a hand off and holding it to the very last second but hands it off, it's not the fault of the lineman for blowing his @$$ up and if the lineman get's flagged for it, so what. I bet you that if did that enough times, he wouldn't hold onto it for long.

TroyArcher
12-24-2012, 01:11 PM
Banks is NOT a true Giant because he blasted the team. Doesn't he realize they won the Super Bowl last year? He should be happy he covered them for 2 Super Bowls!!!!!!

Banks is an all-time Giant. Perhaps you did not get to see him play but he was great. I wish the Giants would hire him to work with the Defense. They could use a kick in the as/s.

dakotajoe
12-24-2012, 01:13 PM
I wouldn't call them soft when half the team is playing hurt. A few players look like they can barely run/stand without a solid dose of drugs but still manage to put their bodies on the line to play. If anything, I think if players sat out until they were completely healed we would have had an easier time winning games at this point in the season. Are Nicks and Bradshaw soft because they aren't producing on one leg?

I don't care what an "analyst" like Banks says. One week they are calling the Giants the best team in the NFL, the week after we're soft and awful. Eli is elite, clutch, HOF, and magical one week and the next we should be drafting his replacement. "Analysts" flip flop more than a politician seeking election.

gmen0820
12-24-2012, 01:14 PM
That's the word! Oh Carl, what would we do without you?

giantscolombia
12-24-2012, 01:15 PM
I just had a soft taco from taco bell. Tasted like the Giants, especially Justin Tuck.

LMAO!!!

Buddy333
12-24-2012, 01:18 PM
Noticed that lately that when the Giants are losing they are taking hard hits. It's like these teams get a huge lead and the say let's take a PF and drill them because they have nothing left. The Giants are soft. Hate to say it but they need to rebuild and get a new attitude.

Giantz4Life
12-24-2012, 01:19 PM
I wouldn't call them soft when half the team is playing hurt. A few players look like they can barely run/stand without a solid dose of drugs but still manage to put their bodies on the line to play. If anything, I think if players sat out until they were completely healed we would have had an easier time winning games at this point in the season. Are Nicks and Bradshaw soft because they aren't producing on one leg?

I don't care what an "analyst" like Banks says. One week they are calling the Giants the best team in the NFL, the week after we're soft and awful. Eli is elite, clutch, HOF, and magical one week and the next we should be drafting his replacement. "Analysts" flip flop more than a politician seeking election.

Injuries are no excuse to play soft, and right now the Giants are the Charmin of the NFL (that's the double roll by the way). Banks is spot on with his statement. Punch us in the chin and we go down like a sack of bricks, not even swinging on our way down. I have never seen any franchise in sports (maybe the Yankees) that can collapse like the Giants do. We all know what the ability of this core group of players is, and yet we are always faced with barely squeaking into the playoffs.

The reason for inconsistency in the analysts' opinions is simply because the Giants ARE WHAT THEY SAY THEY ARE. One week they play like world beaters and the next they are scrubs. The most inconsistent franchise in the NFL. At least losing franchises lose consistently. The Giants are an enigma of sports.

ChuckKnoxx
12-24-2012, 01:20 PM

It went to San Fransisco

BJacobs aka The Problem
12-24-2012, 01:32 PM

It went away when the Giants started sending RGIII flowers and chocolates.

Buddy333
12-24-2012, 01:48 PM
It went away when the Giants started sending RGIII flowers and chocolates.This. When this happened it was the beginning of the end.

Jtuck
12-24-2012, 01:54 PM
It went to San Fransisco

Chuck, We need You to coach this team! Bring some fire back into these soft @ss b-%$hes

giantyankee1976
12-24-2012, 01:58 PM

it's true, for a years I felt like they were stereotypical bullies. Everything's fun and games when they push the other guy around until the other guys says, "**** this and **** you..."

outside of that depending on Homerun TD passes, HR runs from scrimmage and a Pass Rush complimented by mediocre DB play will also get a Team down in a hole with the quickness...

giantyankee1976
12-24-2012, 01:59 PM
It went to San Fransisco

Jacobs ???

krygny
12-24-2012, 02:05 PM
Carl Banks always tells it like he sees it. Nobody tells him what to say.

I thuroughly enjoy listening to him on the Joe and Evan show, but I hardly ever get to tune in at those times.

nycsportzfan
12-24-2012, 02:06 PM
He says the reputation around the league is "punch the Giants in the mouth and they wont fight back". What a reputation to have. This team really needs a few tough, mean guys. Too many finesse players. i've said this so many times, it hurts.. I've said that the key vets on this team have zero motivation and are just a bunch of slugs...

I mean, how can u inexplicable just su-ck???lol Outta nowhere, u can't complete passes, rush the passer, make stops or anything??lol I mean, i've neve seen a team that looks so night and day one wk to the next, after playing the first half of the season looking like gangbusters every yr.. Its freaking gross, and obviously they have no care in the world about doing it, as they let it happen every yr at the end of the season...

I have no respect for any of the giant players really...

TroyArcher
12-24-2012, 02:07 PM
Carl Banks always tells it like he sees it. Nobody tells him what to say.

I thuroughly enjoy listening to him on the Joe and Evan show, but I hardly ever get to tune in at those times.

Agree 100%. He is a Giants fan but is truthful. I am sure it kills him to see such a poor excuse for defense that the Giants have played this year.

nycsportzfan
12-24-2012, 02:11 PM
Injuries are no excuse to play soft, and right now the Giants are the Charmin of the NFL (that's the double roll by the way). Banks is spot on with his statement. Punch us in the chin and we go down like a sack of bricks, not even swinging on our way down. I have never seen any franchise in sports (maybe the Yankees) that can collapse like the Giants do. We all know what the ability of this core group of players is, and yet we are always faced with barely squeaking into the playoffs.

The reason for inconsistency in the analysts' opinions is simply because the Giants ARE WHAT THEY SAY THEY ARE. One week they play like world beaters and the next they are scrubs. The most inconsistent franchise in the NFL. At least losing franchises lose consistently. The Giants are an enigma of sports. your right, no one can understand what or who the giants are? U just never see a NFL or professional team that litteraly is so putrid some weeks, and others look like top of the line good.. Its just the wierdest thing.. I'd rather see this team blown up and start fresh , then watch all these late season collapses and then have to see most of em after the yr want these mega contracts.. There a bunch of cancers to this team, and its time to move on.. I honestly don't care what are record is, as long as we never have to see OSI, TUCK, SNEE, KIWI, DIEHL, BENNETT, BRADSHAW, KP, take snaps for the giants.. Obviously theres more but thats a start.. A.ROLLE is def in there as well....

joemorrisforprez
12-24-2012, 02:57 PM

Hopefully Reese will fix this problem. I'm sure John Mara loves hearing that the defense is stocked with *******.

dbreiden83080
12-24-2012, 03:05 PM
Tuck is the captain of the D and easily the softest player on the team..

P_Simms_#11
12-24-2012, 03:41 PM
Tuck is the captain of the D and easily the softest player on the team..

Tuck should be the captain of the Good Ship Lollipop.

NorwoodBlue
12-24-2012, 03:45 PM
Tuck should be retiring after this year, Osi's gone too, so hopefully we'll get some young players with fire in them.

Parademon
12-24-2012, 07:30 PM
Having seen Banks play alonside quite possibly the greatest core of LBers in NFL history & win 2 SBs, I will be inclined to give the man the right to say the Giants are "Soft' He knows tough when he sees it & right now, he don't see it!

Even last yr we were not even a top 25 D so it's been going on for over 2yrs now. I'd swap our D with the Jets D right now if I could. That they have won 6 games with that O is all on the D .

M00KIE
12-24-2012, 07:31 PM

Sad but true.

stormblue
12-24-2012, 07:33 PM
without even reading the thread i will agree mr. Banks.
hell .....even TC admitted it.

jomo
12-24-2012, 07:48 PM
He says the reputation around the league is "punch the Giants in the mouth and they wont fight back". What a reputation to have. This team really needs a few tough, mean guys. Too many finesse players.Too many "dancers" in the trenches. Think Osi, Beatty and a few others.

ELI_Iz_God
12-24-2012, 07:54 PM

And truthfully put....they are soft...if you think otherwise your gonna have to back up your claim with a LOT of "Proof" And NO.."Homerism" does not constitute as "Truth"

jaxnygmen
12-24-2012, 08:26 PM
Yup they could have grabbed Burfict.

Rat_bastich
12-25-2012, 04:08 AM
Yup they could have grabbed Burfict.

As much as I was against Burflict, the guy has been solid and a good citizen.