PDA

View Full Version : It was inevitible that Reese would have a bad year

TroyArcher
12-24-2012, 02:10 PM
With the amount of turnover now in the NFL you are going to have years like this. No significant contribution from the draft picks (other than Wilson kick returns) or free agents. Reese has done an excellent job most years but not this year. I have faith that Reese will rebound next year. On a positive note I don't see many teams looking to cherry pick from the Giants roster this off season.

DINO FLORIDA
12-24-2012, 02:26 PM
I think his UNFA and scrap heap picks in many ways have saved him. I think his drafts have been mediocre in many ways. Our positions of strength are all aging or injury depleted, and the weak areas either have been neglected or JR has whiffed in these areas. We now have a very top heavy salary cap, so drafting well will be absolutely essential in the next couple of years, or we will continue to sink. I think we need to trade down and stockpile picks, and flood draft certain weak areas.

Toadofsteel
12-24-2012, 02:30 PM
It was inevitable that Reese was going to have a bad year when TC didn't give his draft picks a chance...

lavar2
12-24-2012, 02:48 PM
The only good thing about Reese is he is willing to go out and make changes to positions that need help. He went out and signed Canty, he drafted Nicks after the Plax incident, he got Rolle after the CC Brown season. The guy usually responds to things we need most. Right now that is an offensive line and corners. We can win with our linebackers and are d-line is not horrible although not top of the line anymore. Look at Seattle, their corners and d-backs are what are doing it for them. Hopefully he can make the changes.

Banks_Reasons_Carson_LT
12-24-2012, 03:23 PM
When your linebackers are either over paid free agents, undrafted, converted DEs then the core of the defensive will always be soft.

Need to return to the toughness of four quality LBs who hate losing rather than picking up vet minimum

gumby74
12-24-2012, 03:25 PM
how did reese have a bad year?

NYG4lifeNYK
12-24-2012, 03:28 PM
Reese didn't have a bad year.

You cannot account for injuries. We LOADED up in the secondary with depth and once again we had it stripped from us before the season even got underway.

Baas was a disappointing FA pickup though.

As others have mentioned our draft picks were never given the opportunity to play.

ibbill
12-24-2012, 03:40 PM

You cannot account for injuries. We LOADED up in the secondary with depth and once again we had it stripped from us before the season even got underway.

As others have mentioned our draft picks were never given the opportunity to play.

Just checked that out your right the last 3 years of the draft only 3 players have been primary starters minus Dodge.Guess they could not break into the line up.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyg/draft.htm

erivera
12-24-2012, 03:50 PM
i don't hate reese, but this is 3 out 4 years the giants have not made the playoffs. i say they miss the playoffs this year even though they technically still have a shot. he's got to do a better of job of getting more solid players. let's also not forget he let jake ballard get away before this season so going into next year eli won't have him there.

BlueBlooded1979
12-24-2012, 03:54 PM
When your linebackers are either over paid free agents, undrafted, converted DEs then the core of the defensive will always be soft.

Need to return to the toughness of four quality LBs who hate losing rather than picking up vet minimum

Why do they need 4 LB when playing a 4-3 defense ?

NorwoodBlue
12-24-2012, 03:59 PM
i don't hate reese, but this is 3 out 4 years the giants have not made the playoffs. i say they miss the playoffs this year even though they technically still have a shot. he's got to do a better of job of getting more solid players. let's also not forget he let jake ballard get away before this season so going into next year eli won't have him there.

You can't blame Reese for the coaching staff. It seems to me that Coughlin is deliberately trying to sit as many rookies as he can. There's no way, given the injuries we've had, that Wilson and Randle shouldn't have gotten a lot more playing time. Hosley looked good early, but now he just looks even more confused; that's coaching screwing up the talent that we saw early. The rest of the picks have had some injury issues. TE Robinson hopefully will get his chance some day. He might have been a bit of a project anyhow. I just think Coughlin has been incredibly stubborn this year with taking vets out of the line-up. And, given how some of them are playing, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

gumby74
12-24-2012, 04:03 PM

Just checked that out your right the last 3 years of the draft only 3 players have been primary starters minus Dodge.Guess they could not break into the line up.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyg/draft.htm

We just won the SB and our roster was stacked with talent. Unless you're the Rams, you don't expect to draft people to start right away.

joemorrisforprez
12-24-2012, 04:07 PM
With the amount of turnover now in the NFL you are going to have years like this. No significant contribution from the draft picks (other than Wilson kick returns) or free agents. Reese has done an excellent job most years but not this year. I have faith that Reese will rebound next year. On a positive note I don't see many teams looking to cherry pick from the Giants roster this off season.

I think Reese and his coaching staff need to discuss why his #1 pick was completely neglected.....either Reese had a bad pick, or his coaches ****ed the dog.....based on what I saw v. the Saints, Ravens, and Falcons, I think it's the coaching staff that needs to explain things.