PDA

View Full Version : "Osi Umenyiora says there's a 'high probability' he's not with Giants next year"

P_Simms_#11
12-24-2012, 03:11 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/12/osi_umenyiora_says_theres_a_hi.html

I would say its more like a certainty. Goodbye to the ballerina.

ny06
12-24-2012, 03:13 PM
There is also high probability that he will get paid vet minimum with his new employer.

Hooligans
12-24-2012, 03:14 PM

We, as Giants fans, can only hope that is true.

BigBlueAllDay
12-24-2012, 03:17 PM
Probably 75% like Manningham. The salary cap will almost guarantee that. The 6 sacks performance on McNabb is probably the most memorable Osi game. Thanks for all those seasons Osi and farewell!

joemorrisforprez
12-24-2012, 03:18 PM
The Giants can't afford what some other team is willing to pay him.

MikeyMike01
12-24-2012, 03:20 PM
Thank god.

NYGabriel
12-24-2012, 03:20 PM
It's sad that a year after helping the Giants win a SB guys like Osi (and hopefully Tuck and Webster) will leave under a cloud with many fans thinking of them as complete bums.

appodictic
12-24-2012, 03:23 PM
We need fresh legs in that position, sadly Osi was the only one who applied any pressure against flaco, but I do not think that is good enough for another contract.

ShakeandBake
It's sad that a year after helping the Giants win a SB guys like Osi (and hopefully Tuck and Webster) will leave under a cloud with many fans thinking of them as complete bums.

Osi was a bum most of last season as well, unfortunately its time to let most of the guys go who were involved in our last two superbowl wins

BigBlueAllDay

I hope not. I've honestly enjoyed watching them since the start of their careers as a whole on the Giants. Of course there were low points and peaks, but yes they are human after all.

oldschoolGMEN
12-24-2012, 03:25 PM

They gave us two SuoerBowls.. Time is to move on as there skills have diminished. The unfortunate part of this game is we all get old and this is a tough sport which requires for each athlete to be playing at a top level and everyone hits a brick wall with father time..

Antwuan
12-24-2012, 03:28 PM
Osi Is Gone.

Eliscruzzz
12-24-2012, 03:31 PM
I rather have a DE on the other end of JPP that is going to play the run better then Osi does. My God, the guy over-pursues all the time....

Antwuan
12-24-2012, 03:33 PM
I rather have a DE on the other end of JPP that is going to play the run better then Osi does. My God, the guy over-pursues all the time....

Ojomo?

NorwoodBlue
12-24-2012, 03:43 PM
I hope Ojomo gets in against Philly. He's either going to be a refreshing change from what we've seen, or he's going to bomb. My guess is he'll bomb; but at this point does it hurt to give him a chance?

ny06
12-24-2012, 03:45 PM
I hope Ojomo gets in against Philly. He's either going to be a refreshing change from what we've seen, or he's going to bomb. My guess is he'll bomb; but at this point does it hurt to give him a chance?
There is more of a chance that Leonard Marshall will suit up this Sunday then Ojomo playing.

EliIsTheBaas
12-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Sad part is that he was the best pass rusher on the team this year. JPP was absolutely terrible unless it was against the run. Rookie kelichi osemele was straight standing him up at the line.

egyptian420
12-24-2012, 04:00 PM
Those comments....wow

Good riddance bro

barran21
12-24-2012, 04:12 PM
Players come and go, it's part of the business, Giants shield will always be there long after Eli is gone...

Markroman
12-24-2012, 04:23 PM
People can throw the offense under the bus but, the Giants defense was manhandled down the stretch in two big games.

Osi and Tuck were monster under performers...again.

NYGiantsFan56
12-24-2012, 04:24 PM
Thank you Osi for let me know we will soon be free of your day in and day out BS. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. To be honest with you, you got exposed when Strahan retired. You only did good because he got double teamed. I hope you get signed by someone else. Don't count on getting above the Vet Minimum. Thats all your worth

BLUDude92
12-24-2012, 04:25 PM
Under performer is an understatement.

Mlerman17
12-24-2012, 04:28 PM
It's sad that a year after helping the Giants win a SB guys like Osi (and hopefully Tuck and Webster) will leave under a cloud with many fans thinking of them as complete bums.It cuz too many of the fans are spoiled and unappreciative. I don't care how they played this year. They will always be remembered in a positive light in my mind. I still would try to keep web, tuck, and osi if the money can work out.

GFiP
12-24-2012, 04:30 PM
Good riddance. Should have gotten a 3rd for him but Reese crapped the bed.

Hooligans
12-24-2012, 04:33 PM
It cuz too many of the fans are spoiled and unappreciative. I don't care how they played this year. They will always be remembered in a positive light in my mind. I still would try to keep web, tuck, and osi if the money can work out.

Won't happen as all three will ask for too much and they aren't worth it.

nycsportzfan
12-24-2012, 05:06 PM

I would say its more like a certainty. Goodbye to the ballerina. The best part is all the people in here who were such dinks to the few who didn't want us to resign OSI in the first place, and could easily see by looking at his injury prone, inconsistent career as a whole, combined with the fact hes aging, are now all in agreement about this.. It was pretty obvious that it was the wrong thing to do, and here we are like a yr later, adn this guy looks as one dimensional as ever, and not even all that good in his one dimensional area anymore...

It reminds me of when we could've had Tony Gonzlaez for a 2nd rd pick , and i was freaking about how great that would be, with his leadership skills, and the fact it would open up the outside that much more, and he still had probably 3yrs left..etc, and most were against that, and the guys been so freaking brilliant, and would've been such a help to us this yr, its not even funny, and somehow people thought that was a bad idea? I mean, sometimes just becuase the giants arent' doing it, people want to convince themselves its the best thing or something? I mean, its not like they always make the right move..lol Not resigning OSI and Trading for Tony G are 2 things that are and would of been great for this team..

Eliscruzzz
12-24-2012, 05:08 PM
Ojomo?yeah why not?? I'm up for anything at this point. It was a damn shame he was not dressed to play on Sunday's game.

TooStupid
12-24-2012, 08:17 PM

What they'll see on tape and what everyone knows is that Osi cant play the run, cant contain the outside and pass rushes himself out of 90% of the plays run.
He's god awful and may be lucky to find a job, I wouldnt even want him back as a backup.

mike kennedy
12-24-2012, 09:14 PM

I wouldn't exactly say he was with them this year!

laylow28
12-24-2012, 09:30 PM
The best part is all the people in here who were such dinks to the few who didn't want us to resign OSI in the first place, and could easily see by looking at his injury prone, inconsistent career as a whole, combined with the fact hes aging, are now all in agreement about this.. It was pretty obvious that it was the wrong thing to do, and here we are like a yr later, adn this guy looks as one dimensional as ever, and not even all that good in his one dimensional area anymore...

It reminds me of when we could've had Tony Gonzlaez for a 2nd rd pick , and i was freaking about how great that would be, with his leadership skills, and the fact it would open up the outside that much more, and he still had probably 3yrs left..etc, and most were against that, and the guys been so freaking brilliant, and would've been such a help to us this yr, its not even funny, and somehow people thought that was a bad idea? I mean, sometimes just becuase the giants arent' doing it, people want to convince themselves its the best thing or something? I mean, its not like they always make the right move..lol Not resigning OSI and Trading for Tony G are 2 things that are and would of been great for this team.. I wanted them to get Gonzo also.However we did alright with Boss and Ballard and (hopefully) now got a long time TE with the Black Unicorn.

jomo
12-24-2012, 09:33 PM

I would say its more like a certainty. Goodbye to the ballerina.Adios to the dancing bear.

Sarcasman
12-24-2012, 09:35 PM
"Why would I not be looking for that?" Umenyiora said of starting. "I'm not a situational pass rusher, I think that’s the word that’s been going on around me for years. Most people don’t know what they're talking about. There is no football person who is going to actually sit there and watch tape and not think that I'm a starter in this league. I'm 100 percent sure of that."

And people wonder why the absolute last opinion I would ever want on whether a player is good or not is from another NFL player.

Giggles2013
12-24-2012, 09:42 PM
I hope guys like Tuck, Webster, Osi, and Diehl will be remembered fondly by all Giants fans when they are no longer with the team (might all be gone after this season). They were all crucial components of both of our Super Bowl runs. Osi was not perfect but his positives far outweighed the negatives. I will miss his strip-sack move the most.

Cloud57
12-24-2012, 10:06 PM
Osi can join Jason Babin in Jacksonville

gmen0820
12-24-2012, 10:08 PM
Go make dat top 5 dough ya ****in' shmuck

bearbryant
12-24-2012, 11:13 PM
Unless he gets to a team with a wicked OLB on his side, don't worry about Osi putting up 15 sacks next year. Yes, he was a integral part of this team, but anyone who doesn't think we sufferred due to his lack of setting the edge is blind!