PDA

View Full Version : What would the percentage be of us hiring Rex Ryan as our defensive coordinator?

NYG4lifeNYK
12-24-2012, 04:32 PM
25%... or would they not even entertain that notion?

Rex is a great DC, not so much HC. He doesn't fit our class obviously he has a different way he goes about doing things but he could swallow his pride and tone things down and really do something special here in NY with our defense. I really believe that. He's grown a bit finally with the media but again he was the HC where he's asked to speak much more than if he were a DC.

Rex would be the absolute best choice out there for us if he would accept it. I think Rex would love to be in our organization because he respects us and respects Coughlin.

Like him or not he is a GREAT defensive mind. I'd welcome him with open arms.

Hooligans
12-24-2012, 04:33 PM

Rex is a great DC, not so much HC. He doesn't fit our class obviously he has a different way he goes about doing things but he could swallow his pride and tone things down and really do something special here in NY with our defense. I really believe that. He's grown a bit finally with the media but again he was the HC where he's asked to speak much more than if he were a DC.

Rex would be the absolute best choice out there for us if he would accept it. I think Rex would love to be in our organization because he respects us and respects Coughlin.

You aren't really that stupid , are you? ....Rex staying in NY as a coordinator?

NYG4lifeNYK
12-24-2012, 04:36 PM
You aren't really that stupid , are you? ....Rex staying in NY as a coordinator?

Or maybe you're too stubborn to realize he's a great defensive mind and his mouth and youthful persona were just too much as a HC dealing with the media every day.

He's grown and toned down a lot from where he once was.

Rex Ryan would turn this defense around in an off season. Yea, he's that good and we have the talent.

EliIsTheBaas
12-24-2012, 04:58 PM
There's no way in hell he stays in town. He'll get a job somewhere else as a dc and he won't have to deal with the same media.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-24-2012, 05:05 PM
There's no way in hell he stays in town. He'll get a job somewhere else as a dc and he won't have to deal with the same media.
You think Rex cares about what the media says?

Rex has very thick skin

brad
12-24-2012, 05:11 PM

LOL, not as long as Gilbride is with the team!

barran21
12-24-2012, 05:14 PM
I would gladly take Rex and Norv Turner as our new coordinators....

fourth&forever
12-24-2012, 05:39 PM
I think you give Rex too much credit a far as "class". Just can't see any Ryan championing the values of the Mara's and Tisch's.
I'll pass thanks.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-24-2012, 05:41 PM
I think you give Rex too much credit a far as "class". Just can't see any Ryan championing the values of the Mara's and Tisch's.
I'll pass thanks.
Think you misunderstood me, I said he lacks class but has gotten better as he's grown each year. Certainly this season he's matured more than years past.

Die-Hard
12-24-2012, 05:49 PM
Rex and Coughlin? Talk about a match made in hell LOL

I agree that he is a very good defensive coach, but there's no way it would ever happen. The personality clashes between him and TC would be epic, and not in a good way

nygiants92
12-24-2012, 05:49 PM
I would like to see it, anyone but Fewell. But rex will coach the Jets next year unless something crazy happens.

nycsportzfan
12-24-2012, 06:01 PM
I just want better, hungrier players.. Thats the thing that will make our coaching staff look better.. Imean, i'd be surprised if our coaching staff was/or is doing anything diffrently then what they did when we were 6-2 and on top of the world, ya know? I seriously just want better hungrier players who give a crap..

EliDaMANning
12-24-2012, 06:02 PM
Ill take him in a heartbeat. Does he come with Revis?

NYG4lifeNYK
12-24-2012, 06:04 PM
I just want better, hungrier players.. Thats the thing that will make our coaching staff look better.. Imean, i'd be surprised if our coaching staff was/or is doing anything diffrently then what they did when we were 6-2 and on top of the world, ya know? I seriously just want better hungrier players who give a crap..
Our defense and was atrocious when we were 6-2, Eli was putting the team on his back.

Gilbride was still calling some questionable games, not nearly as bad as late in the season though.

Joe Morrison
12-24-2012, 06:47 PM
Sexy Rexy and Sancheese will be back in 2013, Rex gets one more shot but the Cheese will have to fight for his job, the Jets will bring someone like a vet to work with him or a solid QB that he will have to compete with, the silver spoon is gone.
Every year the league is full of surprises, maybe next year the Jets and the GMEN turn it around and play for it all at METLIFE!

M00KIE
12-24-2012, 07:00 PM
0%

Jet-Blue
12-24-2012, 07:05 PM
Sexy Rexy and Sancheese will be back in 2013, Rex gets one more shot but the Cheese will have to fight for his job, the Jets will bring someone like a vet to work with him or a solid QB that he will have to compete with, the silver spoon is gone.
Every year the league is full of surprises, maybe next year the Jets and the GMEN turn it around and play for it all at METLIFE!

That would be epic!

nycsportzfan
12-25-2012, 09:23 AM
Our defense and was atrocious when we were 6-2, Eli was putting the team on his back.

Gilbride was still calling some questionable games, not nearly as bad as late in the season though. Well thats convienent, he was calling better games then, when we were doing well on offense ey??lol How did i know u would say that? Lucky i guess..

So Gilbride just forgot how to call games mid way through the season and completely started calling games diffrently, ey? I don't by it..

Do i think Gilbride should go? Ya i do.. Do i think its mostly on the coaches? No WAY! Its mostly on the players.. U don't go from scoring like we were to not scoring at all, and blame it on the coaches.. That don't even make sense..

Redeyejedi
12-25-2012, 09:25 AM
To entertain this notion is pointless the Giants would never hire that guy

GameTime
12-25-2012, 11:29 AM
0%

jomo
12-25-2012, 11:49 AM
0%+1 unless <0% is an option. The Giants don't seek self serving blow hards who believe that bluster wins games.

DandyDon
12-25-2012, 12:39 PM
Well thats convienent, he was calling better games then, when we were doing well on offense ey??lol How did i know u would say that? Lucky i guess..

So Gilbride just forgot how to call games mid way through the season and completely started calling games diffrently, ey? I don't by it..

Do i think Gilbride should go? Ya i do.. Do i think its mostly on the coaches? No WAY! Its mostly on the players.. U don't go from scoring like we were to not scoring at all, and blame it on the coaches.. That don't even make sense..

+1

And I question how good Rex is as a D coordinator. He defense really looked good this year, didnt it? One thing is for sure, his big mouth guarantees he will never coach for the NY Ginats.

DarkSaint
12-25-2012, 12:44 PM
I'd take Rex as DC and Norv Turner as OC. TC can keep Rex under control and let him do what he does best. If Osi and Tuck go, we put Kiwia at DE with JPP and draft another DE in the 2nd and get defensive players that fit his defense from 3rd round down. If we can get a top 5 defense and a competent OC we will be a threat to win 12+ games a year and have a chance at SB. I'm tired of these late season collapses, 9-10 wins and squeaking into the playoffs. This team is better than this. We have the talent to compete with anyone and we have proven it. Its time for a change. Our offense was inept from practically since the 2nd Cowboys games. These coordinators have been figured out since the last Superbowl and they refuse to adjust. Time for them to go.

Cloud57
12-25-2012, 12:45 PM
Woody loves Rex so he's gonna stay with the Jets for a long time

fletch842
12-25-2012, 01:05 PM
Woody loves Rex so he's gonna stay with the Jets for a long time
I also don't see Rex getting fired after the season, and don't think he fits the mold of type of assistant the TC wants around.