PDA

View Full Version : I hope they lay another egg this week

joeybagadonutz23
12-24-2012, 05:36 PM
I'm not interested in crazy scenarios where we have to win and 3 other teams have to lose to get into the playoffs. This team doesn't deserve to be there. They have been embarrassed the past few weeks and several times this season. Other times they had us thinking they were the best team in the league. The bottom line is- this team won't win jack in the playoffs.

Come on G-Men, lay another egg this week and get us a better pick in the draft to replace some of these washed up players and draft some OL.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-24-2012, 05:39 PM
IF we do lose it better be BAD this way we ****ing clean staff.

Unfortunately it's a 1PM game so we have to wait to see if Redskins beat Dallas, Lions beat Bears, Packers beat Vikings.

I just don't think we have anything left to do anything but embarrass ourselves in the playoffs. Would I be wrong in hoping Philly embarrasses us again to ensure we get some whole sale changes this off season?

Cloud57
12-24-2012, 05:39 PM
you're gonna get a lot of hate after this but I agree and said the same thing in an earlier thread.

Hooligans
12-24-2012, 05:41 PM
I'm not interested in crazy scenarios where we have to win and 3 other teams have to lose to get into the playoffs. This team doesn't deserve to be there. They have been embarrassed the past few weeks and several times this season. Other times they had us thinking they were the best team in the league. The bottom line is- this team won't win jack in the playoffs.

Come on G-Men, lay another egg this week and get us a better pick in the draft to replace some of these washed up players and draft some OL.

Don 't worry, the Giants will oblige with yet another poor performance....they are done.

nygiants92
12-24-2012, 05:43 PM
am I the only one who thinks that something crazy will happen IF they make the playoffs. check out the GB and SF forums......they are terrified of us no matter what our record is.

ny06
12-24-2012, 05:44 PM
am I the only one who thinks that something crazy will happen IF they make the playoffs. check out the GB and SF forums......they are terrified of us no matter what our record is.
They should be. We can destroy the likes of them, and get blown out by the Eagles.

ebick
12-24-2012, 05:51 PM
We don't beat the Eagles. Especially with Vick showcasing himself.

Die-Hard
12-24-2012, 05:55 PM
Regardless of whether they lose this week, the draft position wont get much better than 16-19. The lowest it could possibly go is 14, and thats with a bunch of help, and several very lucky coin flips.

Vick is starting for Philly this week, so we are almost guaranteed to lose anyway. This is gonna be his audition for his next team

Cloud57
12-24-2012, 05:56 PM
Regardless of whether they lose this week, the draft position wont get much better than 16-19. The lowest it could possibly go is 14, and thats with a bunch of help, and several very lucky coin flips.

Vick is starting for Philly this week, so we are almost guaranteed to lose anyway. This is gonna be his audition for his next teamRumors are the Jets may sign him

ELI_Iz_God
12-24-2012, 06:34 PM

Don't be surprised if the home Crowd Booooo's for a full 60 minutes. This team deserves to hear it...it's what they "Earned" from it's fans with it's piss poor representation this season.

This team has played bad and therefore it deserves to "Feel" Bad!

Cloud57
12-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Don't be surprised if the home Crowd Booooo's for a full 60 minutes. This team deserves to hear it...it's what they "Earned" from it's fans with it's piss poor representation this season.

This team has played bad and therefore it deserves to "Feel" Bad!http://i.imgur.com/QSdWH.gif LOL!

GFiP
12-24-2012, 06:39 PM
I would agree if it wasn't against the eagles. I haaaate losing to them.

tcseacliff
12-24-2012, 06:45 PM
what really has me concerned, if the giants do lay the egg with the shegirls next week, what makes you think management will go out and draft good players? are they competent enough to spot good talent in the pool? they don't even seem to be able to manage the good/bad talent we have now? I am real worried how this team is run and how they manage the talent. they can't even bench guys when needed.

joeybagadonutz23
12-24-2012, 06:45 PM
I would agree if it wasn't against the eagles. I haaaate losing to them.

I'm not even going to bother watching. I missed the Atlanta and Baltimore games to spend time with my girlfriend on vacation here in Alaska and I didn't miss a ****ing thing. She's gone now, but I think I'm going to do the same this week. I didn't even bother watching the 2 previous weeks on game rewind. I'm already looking forward to baseball, although the Yankees suck just as bad as the Giants.

M00KIE
12-24-2012, 06:47 PM

...really? If we lose at 1:00 and then Bear/Vikings/Cowboys lose, you'll be good with that? Simply because you feel it isn't deserved? Pretty silly imo.

tcseacliff
12-24-2012, 06:51 PM
...really? If we lose at 1:00 and then Bear/Vikings/Cowboys lose, you'll be good with that? Simply because you feel it isn't deserved? Pretty silly imo.

well, the scenario that would be played out is the giants would, back into the playoffs, which sucks to get in that way. if it happens, I would be concerned about getting sucked in again only to be blown out in the first round. hard to see them repeating with this type of play!
it is still killing me to see the packers score 55 against the titans, and we manhanadled the same team, just blows
my mind!

TheEnigma
12-24-2012, 06:51 PM
Vick is starting for Philly this week, so we are almost guaranteed to lose anyway. This is gonna be his audition for his next team

And this game should be an audition for some of our younger guys to make a case for 2013. You don't want the Giants to look for your potential replacement/competition? Play your butt off against Philly! Instead of putting up a lackluster performance because "we aren't gonna get far in the playoffs man!", have the entire team on notice that no one's job is safe for the upcoming season.

PETEY006
12-24-2012, 06:54 PM
Nope i hate Michael Vick and there's no way i'm rooting for the Eagles..

Plus theres an opportunity for a playoff spot so we gotta come out and finish the season strong.
I don't get why most of our fans don't want to see us in the playoffs. Anything can happen if given the opportunity.

Toadofsteel
12-24-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm starting to feel for the Jets fans...

(Warning: NSFW) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4xGGgz5TcI

Except for the "Tebow Save Us" comments, the rest of that I could have seen at either of the last two weeks had they been played at home...

tcseacliff
12-24-2012, 07:00 PM

Except for the "Tebow Save Us" comments, the rest of that I could have seen at either of the last two weeks had they been played at home...

yes, you can. but I like my giants and do want to stoop to that level of fan behavior, but they do make it tough to stay patient. even on their worst day, I like them anyway.

Toadofsteel
12-24-2012, 07:01 PM
yes, you can. but I like my giants and do want to stoop to that level of fan behavior, but they do make it tough to stay patient. even on their worst day, I like them anyway.

Oh i'm still rooting for the team, don't get me wrong. But still, the thought has crossed my mind...

M00KIE
12-24-2012, 07:02 PM
well, the scenario that would be played out is the giants would, back into the playoffs, which sucks to get in that way. if it happens, I would be concerned about getting sucked in again only to be blown out in the first round. hard to see them repeating with this type of play!
it is still killing me to see the packers score 55 against the titans, and we manhanadled the same team, just blows
my mind!

Wouldn't be the first time we've backed in. I don't care how we get in, if we're in, we're in and anything can happen.

TheEnigma
12-24-2012, 07:03 PM

In this MB's case, it would be "Wilson, save us!". Tuck and KG would end up getting majority of the hate lol.

Sarcasman
12-24-2012, 07:04 PM

The Eagles game will be tough for a number of reasons. Firstly because it's an NFC east game and they're always tough, regardless of how the two teams playing have played previously or their current records. Second, Vick hasn't played in a while, the Eagles season has been over for some time so he won't be thinking he'll just be running around, that will hurt the Giants since their defense can't stop a statue, let alone a marginal running back who starts every play with the ball in his hands. THird, the offense has sucked for most of the year, does anyone realistically expect them to start blocking, running, throwing and catching the ball now when they collectively have been unable to do so for about half the season?

Parademon
12-24-2012, 07:07 PM
Just our luck that instead of Foles, we get Vick "the Giant Killer" in a game we have to win just to have a chance of squeeking in as the 6th seed.

I have no doubt in my military mind that the Eagles will be going all out to make sure they bury us & this will be their 2nd SB this yr with us. Amazing how we bring listless teams back to life when we play them. For 3 weeks the Ravens looked like an old, aging team & was getting whooped all over the place & fired their OC & their new OC lights us up for over 500+yds!

If the NY football Giants have a a shred of pride left in them, they will come out & destroy the Eagles, should they loose meekly, time to clean house & make some changes at OC & DC plus get rid of whichever players no longer have the hunger or desire to play NY Giants football.

tcseacliff
12-24-2012, 07:10 PM
Wouldn't be the first time we've backed in. I don't care how we get in, if we're in, we're in and anything can happen.

I would like to get in, but at least last year , we had a worse record but played great in the playoffs so , it felt ok, but this year , just seems like if all the scenarios paly out we will get in but not by our grit, but others fu*8ing up. i realize that is how it can play out, just feels better winning your way in, which , after the packers , i really thought they would!

ELI_Iz_God
12-24-2012, 07:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/QSdWH.gif LOL!

Yep I'm a huge believer in Consequences for ones actions...I'm not big on giving people free passes when they screw up. Throwing it in their face and public embarassment tends to make sure it never happens again.

mrg3
12-24-2012, 08:30 PM
Never route for the Giants to lose. Yes they are done and dont deserve Playoffs. Cant win the SB every year. Show your Giant pride Gmen, Kill the Eagles.

ELI_Iz_God
12-24-2012, 08:50 PM
Never route for the Giants to lose. Yes they are done and dont deserve Playoffs. Cant win the SB every year. Show your Giant pride Gmen, Kill the Eagles.

I find it interesting that you choose to fall on a sword for a team that would not do the same for you....they do not care about winning but you do...and yet you support their lack of caring of giving you what you need as a fan. Theres no advice I can give you that would help...just carry on...

Just for the record, There are a handful of players that do have heart on this team....just not enough to make it meaningful..that is all

Hall of Fame
12-24-2012, 10:00 PM
Didn't the Eagles or Cowboys get into the playoffs last year or year before, not sure, needing like 4 teams to lose and they needed to win to get in the playoffs. Just sayin......not that I want the Giants in anymore.

GMENAGAIN
12-24-2012, 10:04 PM
Giants fans rooting for a loss . . . . and you start threads calling the players, soft quitters?

laylow28
12-24-2012, 10:16 PM
If they do lose how many spots can they move up?

Rat_bastich
12-24-2012, 10:21 PM
The Giants, when they get into the playoffs, are usually a totally different team. While this year is more an uphill battle than most and the Giants are more than likely out...I am not rooting against them. They backed into the playoffs the last two times they won the Super Bowl. If they do lose, I hope they at least go out playing to the last minute and playing with some pride.

Jet-Blue
12-24-2012, 10:23 PM
If they do lose how many spots can they move up?

Here's a link to the Draft picks as of right now. If they lose it might only be a few spots.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000116754/article/2013-nfl-draft-order-if-the-season-ended-today

Cloud57
12-24-2012, 10:23 PM
Giants fans rooting for a loss . . . . and you start threads calling the players, soft quitters?I'm not necessary rooting for a loss but this team has already quit

clawwolf
12-24-2012, 10:24 PM
Giants fans rooting for a loss . . . . and you start threads calling the players, soft quitters?

+1

True fans support your team no matter what. Sure, you can express frustration , but lets not forget the recent historic and dramatic championships this team provided us. Unforgettable plays. Quite frankly also, other fans should be thanking us for slaying the big bad patriots twice. We would never hear the end of it, 19-0 and the "greatest dynasty" ever in the nfl.

Some perspective here and positivity.

NYGFaninILL
12-24-2012, 10:44 PM
IF we do lose it better be BAD this way we ****ing clean staff.

Unfortunately it's a 1PM game so we have to wait to see if Redskins beat Dallas, Lions beat Bears, Packers beat Vikings.

I just don't think we have anything left to do anything but embarrass ourselves in the playoffs. Would I be wrong in hoping Philly embarrasses us again to ensure we get some whole sale changes this off season?

I love how this post and your Sig is completely hypocritical.

laylow28
12-24-2012, 10:59 PM
Here's a link to the Draft picks as of right now. If they lose it might only be a few spots.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000116754/article/2013-nfl-draft-order-if-the-season-ended-today Thanks.

gmen0820
12-24-2012, 11:06 PM
I love how this post and your Sig is completely hypocritical.I've been looking for fine print, nada

TheEnigma
12-24-2012, 11:29 PM
If they win, cool. If not, oh well. After these last two weeks (and you can throw in the Cincy loss) of football, I'm not sure there's really much else the Giants can do to play worse in all three phases of the game. Odds are that 8-8 and 9-7 in our case will just be a one or two positional difference for the draft but if you told me we could be #14th overall versus 19th, I'd take that in a heartbeat. The possibility of getting a top 10 pick to drop to us would be so much better.

nycisgreat
12-24-2012, 11:33 PM

I am not wishing anything bad on this team, but I think it is safe to say that Andy Reid will probably go out with a bang by beating us before he heads out of Philly.

BillTheGreek
12-24-2012, 11:49 PM
Giants will Win Big ! >>>>>>>>>>>>But you know what, it's to Late !