PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Reece is not as good as we think he is and I am worried if Marc Ross leaves

experto
12-24-2012, 05:17 PM
Lets be honest Reece is responsible for not resigning the likes of Coefield,Steve Smith,Boss.Then move onto Manningham,Jacobs,Aaron Ross,and Tollefson leaving.We have let too much talent go, and it is starting to hurt our depth now.Is he responsible for building our superbowl teams or was Accorsi and Marc Ross responsible for getting the talent.I am worried the real Reece is not the portrayed in reality.

experto
12-24-2012, 05:18 PM
We need to do all we can to keep Ross and if need be promote him to gm,because he is the draft guru and we all know it.

experto
12-24-2012, 05:19 PM
Accorsi is also responsible for drafting stars Osi Umenyiora, Chris Snee, Justin Tuck, Mathias Kiwanuka, and Brandon Jacobs, as well as signing through free agency Antonio Pierce, Kareem McKenzie, Plaxico Burress, and Fred Robbins.

experto
12-24-2012, 05:20 PM
So like I said,to me it's still uncertain if Reece was that good or he was living on other people's skills and taking over after Accorsi.

RoanokeFan
12-24-2012, 05:20 PM
You're talking to yourself yet again

experto
12-24-2012, 05:22 PM
You're talking to yourself yet again I just started a thread with my thoughts on Reece.

Kez Simpson
12-24-2012, 05:23 PM
Lord, these threads are poping up already. I can't wait to the off-season.

RoanokeFan
12-24-2012, 05:24 PM
I just started a thread with my thoughts on Reece.

How's everythng with the Cowboys? They are going to get their clocks cleaned by Washington

experto
12-24-2012, 05:25 PM
How's everythng with the Cowboys? They are going to get their clocks cleaned by Washington I am not a Cowgirls fan,I could care less about them.I told people they think I am a Cowboys fan but I cheer for only ny teams.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-24-2012, 05:25 PM
First of all if you're going to call our our great GM at least get his name right.

It's Jerry REESE and we are lucky to have him.

experto
12-24-2012, 05:29 PM
Year Rnd Pick Pos To AP1 PB St CarAV G Cmp Att Yds TD Int Att Yds TD Rec Yds TD Int Sk College/Univ
2011 1 19 Prince Amukamara CB 2012 0 0 1 1 19 2 Nebraska
2011 2 52 Marvin Austin DL 2012 0 0 0 0 6 North Carolina
2011 3 83 Jerrel Jernigan WR 2012 0 0 0 0 16 3 22 0 Troy
2011 4 117 James Brewer OL 2012 0 0 0 0 5 Indiana
2011 6 185 Greg Jones LB 2012 0 0 0 3 20 Michigan St.
2011 6 198 Tyler Sash SS 2012 0 0 0 1 23 Iowa
2011 6 202 Jacquian Williams LB 2012 0 0 0 3 25 2.0 South Florida
2011 7 221 Da'Rel Scott

experto
12-24-2012, 05:29 PM
There is 1 player that is a starter out of that group with majority busts.Greg Jones,Austin,Jernigan,Scott,Brewer have hardly even played or been cut ie.greg jones.

experto
12-24-2012, 05:31 PM
Passing Rushing Receiving
Year Rnd Pick Pos To AP1 PB St CarAV G Cmp Att Yds TD Int Att Yds TD Rec Yds TD Int Sk College/Univ
2009 1 29 Hakeem Nicks WR 2012 0 0 3 25 54 2 8 0 255 3726 27 North Carolina
2009 2 45 Clint Sintim LB 2011 0 0 0 2 24 1.0 Virginia
2009 2 60 William Beatty T 2012 0 0 2 9 49 Connecticut
2009 3 85 Ramses Barden WR 2012 0 0 0 2 29 29 394 0 Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo
2009 3 100 Travis Beckum TE 2012 0 0 0 6 48 26 264 3 Wisconsin
2009 4 129 Andre Brown RB 2012 0 0 0 0 14 75 384 8 12 86 0 North Carolina St.
2009 5 151 Rhett Bomar QB 0 0 0 Sam Houston St.
2009 6 200 DeAndre Wright DB 0 0 0 New Mexico
2009 7 238 Stoney Woodson This draft was even worse.1 great palyer...1 solid...other all busts including rd 2 sintim huge bust.

M00KIE
12-24-2012, 05:32 PM

experto
12-24-2012, 05:34 PM
What do you guys expect from our depth and aging when we have been drafting progressively worse since 2009 and only top heavy players first round picks are really big time players.Successful teams find depth in lower rounds,we have not done that for the past 3 - 4 drafts.

Cloud57
12-24-2012, 05:35 PM
Accorsi is also responsible for drafting stars Osi Umenyiora, Chris Snee, Justin Tuck, Mathias Kiwanuka, and Brandon Jacobs, as well as signing through free agency Antonio Pierce, Kareem McKenzie, Plaxico Burress, and Fred Robbins.You left out Eli

M00KIE
12-24-2012, 05:36 PM
There is 1 player that is a starter out of that group with majority busts.Greg Jones,Austin,Jernigan,Scott,Brewer have hardly even played or been cut ie.greg jones.

Sooo in one post you say Ross is the real guru behind our draft and we need to promote him and then go on about how you're unhappy with the picks? Who told you every pick should be a star??

gmen46
12-24-2012, 07:33 PM
You're talking to yourself yet again

That's usually the case when you see a homeless schizophrenic stumbling down the street. It's when 1 side is winning the argument that you need to start worrying. :)

Redeyejedi
12-25-2012, 07:37 AM
Lets be honest Reece is responsible for not resigning the likes of Coefield,Steve Smith,Boss.Then move onto Manningham,Jacobs,Aaron Ross,and Tollefson leaving.We have let too much talent go, and it is starting to hurt our depth now.Is he responsible for building our superbowl teams or was Accorsi and Marc Ross responsible for getting the talent.I am worried the real Reece is not the portrayed in reality.So your calling the drafts busts but want to keep Marc Ross the head of college scouting. Reese was the head of College scouting under Accorsi so he had a little bit to do with drafting the players u mention before he became a GM.

RoanokeFan
12-25-2012, 07:41 AM
That's usually the case when you see a homeless schizophrenic stumbling down the street. It's when 1 side is winning the argument that you need to start worrying. :)

Good point

Hooligans
12-25-2012, 07:46 AM
Lets be honest Reece is responsible for not resigning the likes of Coefield,Steve Smith,Boss.Then move onto Manningham,Jacobs,Aaron Ross,and Tollefson leaving.We have let too much talent go, and it is starting to hurt our depth now.Is he responsible for building our superbowl teams or was Accorsi and Marc Ross responsible for getting the talent.I am worried the real Reece is not the portrayed in reality.

Marc Ross is leaving (it will be announced days after the Eagle loss that Ross is taking over the Carolina Panther GM slot), which leaves the Giants at the mercy of Reese...God help the Giants as they become the Oakland Raiders of the NFC East.

Hooligans
12-25-2012, 07:47 AM
First of all if you're going to call our our great GM at least get his name right.

It's Jerry REESE and we are lucky to have him.

Reese isn't a great GM, and without Ross, he is nothing.

RoanokeFan
12-25-2012, 07:52 AM
Reese isn't a great GM, and without Ross, he is nothing.

LOL

Redeyejedi
12-25-2012, 07:54 AM
LOLWhat I dont get from this is they think Reese has drafted poorly but love Ross. U dont think Ross has anything to do with the players being picked THE DIRECTOR OF COLLEGE SCOUTING. I think Reese has done a tremendous job with the guys off the street Stevie Brown,Locklear, Bennett all those guys way out produced their contracts. The other guys the Giants wanted to keep they offered Coefield a contract, they offered Jacobs a contract. Jacobs left over 250,000 dollars. The people on this board are truly ridiculous. They want the Giants to resign every player, sign every FA and stay 30 million under the cap. No concept of reality whatsoever.

Hooligans
12-25-2012, 08:00 AM
What I dont get from this is they think Reese has drafted poorly but love Ross. U dont think Ross has anything to do with the players being picked THE DIRECTOR OF COLLEGE SCOUTING. I think Reese has done a tremendous job with the guys off the street Stevie Brown,Locklear, Bennett all those guys way out produced their contracts. The other guys the Giants wanted to keep they offered Coefield a contract, they offered Jacobs a contract. Jacobs left over 250,000 dollars. The people on this board are truly ridiculous. They want the Giants to resign every player, sign every FA and stay 30 million under the cap. No concept of reality whatsoever.

Ross just finds the players and gives his opinions...it is Reese who decides who to draft and when. REese is the same dope that turned down a 3rd round draft choice for Osi....what a moron.

RoanokeFan
12-25-2012, 08:03 AM
What I dont get from this is they think Reese has drafted poorly but love Ross. U dont think Ross has anything to do with the players being picked THE DIRECTOR OF COLLEGE SCOUTING. I think Reese has done a tremendous job with the guys off the street Stevie Brown,Locklear, Bennett all those guys way out produced their contracts. The other guys the Giants wanted to keep they offered Coefield a contract, they offered Jacobs a contract. Jacobs left over 250,000 dollars. The people on this board are truly ridiculous. They want the Giants to resign every player, sign every FA and stay 30 million under the cap. No concept of reality whatsoever.

It usually people who don't understand the organization and how it works. We say "next man up" in terms of players but the very same philosophy pertains to the front office as well. When Arcorsi left, we replaced him from within . It's what they do and they are good at it. They are more comfortable with people who understand and accept the team philosophy. I don't know who will replace Ross but I do think it is more than likely to be someone already employed or who has worked for them before.

nycsportzfan
12-25-2012, 08:08 AM
I'm sorry, but anyone talking about 7th rd picks being busts is silly..lol I mean, maybe some are spoiled after finding RB's like Ahmad Bradshaw in RD 7, but it dosen't work like that often..

Theres simply not enough players on a field or team that u can just draft stud after stud.. Every team has a ton of guys that don't pan out, its the way it is.. What i look for after the first couple rds, is helpful parts to the team.. They can be just super ST's player or whatever, but just helpful parts..

Hes drafted Linval Joseph, Hakeem Nicks, JPP, Ahmad Bradshaw, Prince Amukumura, Kevin Boss, Steve Smith, Mario Manningham, Jaquain Williams, Will Beatty, Kenny Phillips, Jonathan Goff..etc Thats a solid nucleus of players, and u add in his UDF's, which u must in his case, and u also got Victor Cruz, Chase Blackburn, and others.. Hes also made a solid trade for Kevin Boothe..

Also, hes had the bad luck of basically losing a 3rd rd pick with Chad Jones because of a car crash which had nothing to do with Reese.. U can't keep all the players and guys are gonna leave, and there was no way a sane GM was re-signing Mario Manningham with Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz coming up on FA'cy in the next yr to 2yrs.. That would of been flat out stupid..

Every GM makes some mistakes, as its impossibe not 2, like giving David Baas a big deal, and drafting Clint Sintim, and not trading for Tony Gonzalez, but overall Jerry Reese has done a wonderful job , but needs a good draft this yr, to get back the love most felt for him not all that long ago..

THe funny part is when i was knocking this past draft, which was the 1st one i knocked, guys were giving me all sorts of grief, talking about "in reese we trust"..etc, and now less then a yr later i see threads like this often and people complaining about Reese..lol Funny stuff!

The guys a heck of GM, and i'm proud of what hes done here, and i'm willing to give em a pass on lasts yrs draft, as long as he gets back to drafting like a genius this yr.. Also don't forget, even good draft picks end up busting sometimes.. For instance, i still think the picks of Austin and Jerrnigan were good ones, they just didn't pan out.. It happens..

Redeyejedi
12-25-2012, 08:12 AM
Ross just finds the players and gives his opinions...it is Reese who decides who to draft and when. REese is the same dope that turned down a 3rd round draft choice for Osi....what a moron. They were trying to win a Superbowl why would u trade your only edge rusher for a late 3rd round draft pick .Plus u think he cant draft so theres that 2

Redeyejedi
12-25-2012, 08:14 AM
Ross just finds the players and gives his opinions...it is Reese who decides who to draft and when. REese is the same dope that turned down a 3rd round draft choice for Osi....what a moron. Yeah its a little more in depth then just his opinions. U make it sound like he is choosing between Turkey and a Ham sandwich at a deli

nycsportzfan
12-25-2012, 08:15 AM
What I dont get from this is they think Reese has drafted poorly but love Ross. U dont think Ross has anything to do with the players being picked THE DIRECTOR OF COLLEGE SCOUTING. I think Reese has done a tremendous job with the guys off the street Stevie Brown,Locklear, Bennett all those guys way out produced their contracts. The other guys the Giants wanted to keep they offered Coefield a contract, they offered Jacobs a contract. Jacobs left over 250,000 dollars. The people on this board are truly ridiculous. They want the Giants to resign every player, sign every FA and stay 30 million under the cap. No concept of reality whatsoever. THe part thats ridiculous is they do it with "HINDSIGHT" almost all the time.. I mean, reese makes good moves that sometimes don't work.. It happens.. Almost the entire board and any one with a brain would of told u resigning Mario was a bad idea with our cap situation and guys liek Nicks and Cruz coming up on FA'cy in next couple yr.. Now all of a sudden, a yr later, u see more and more Mario should of been resigned threads..lol Give me a break! sure we could of used em, but no way we could of afforded em, and no way at this time last yr, u even think of giving em money that could keep Cruz or Nicks outta GIANTS Uni...

As far as Jacobs, the guys washed up and hasen't done squat for 9ers anyways.. Why would we want him back? He also didn't give into OSI which was brilliant, because the guy sucks now... I knew it, but many didn't like that idea either... Again, the best of GM's make some great picks that don't work out, and obviously some just bad picks, as it happens.. Reese is a good GM, and even though i disliked our draft so much last yr, i love what hes done overall, and i expect a yr here and there things don't work out and hes gonna make some bad picks..

Everyone was loving it when we went out and signed Canty, Bernard, and Boley in same offseason, and we were so amped for that upcoming season with those additons, but they ended up not being as great as it looked.. Dosen't mean Reese did bad, he made good moves that didn't work out. It happens...

nycsportzfan
12-25-2012, 08:17 AM
Yeah its a little more in depth then just his opinions. U make it sound like he is choosing between Turkey and a Ham sandwich at a deli ya they pay Ross 6figures to simply say "uhh, i like this guy , and uhh this guy 2."..lol Ross has tons of impact on who we draft, and just as Reese was to Accorsi, i'm sure Ross is to Reese.. To be blunt, Ross probably has almost 50pct of the input on who we draft.. Its anything but he just brings up guys he likes..lol Thats just stupid..lol

Redeyejedi
12-25-2012, 08:21 AM
It usually people who don't understand the organization and how it works. We say "next man up" in terms of players but the very same philosophy pertains to the front office as well. When Arcorsi left, we replaced him from within . It's what they do and they are good at it. They are more comfortable with people who understand and accept the team philosophy. I don't know who will replace Ross but I do think it is more than likely to be someone already employed or who has worked for them before. They act like Reese is walking around with an iron fist going with his gut over all the scouts the Giants have. They work as a team they build the draft boards together its not like Reese is sitting alone in a room with the scouts notes crumpled on the floor saying F these guys. They were hired to do a job and he trusts their work. They wouldnt be there if he didnt

RoanokeFan
12-25-2012, 08:32 AM
THe part thats ridiculous is they do it with "HINDSIGHT" almost all the time.. I mean, reese makes good moves that sometimes don't work.. It happens.. Almost the entire board and any one with a brain would of told u resigning Mario was a bad idea with our cap situation and guys liek Nicks and Cruz coming up on FA'cy in next couple yr.. Now all of a sudden, a yr later, u see more and more Mario should of been resigned threads..lol Give me a break! sure we could of used em, but no way we could of afforded em, and no way at this time last yr, u even think of giving em money that could keep Cruz or Nicks outta GIANTS Uni...

As far as Jacobs, the guys washed up and hasen't done squat for 9ers anyways.. Why would we want him back? He also didn't give into OSI which was brilliant, because the guy sucks now... I knew it, but many didn't like that idea either... Again, the best of GM's make some great picks that don't work out, and obviously some just bad picks, as it happens.. Reese is a good GM, and even though i disliked our draft so much last yr, i love what hes done overall, and i expect a yr here and there things don't work out and hes gonna make some bad picks..

Everyone was loving it when we went out and signed Canty, Bernard, and Boley in same offseason, and we were so amped for that upcoming season with those additons, but they ended up not being as great as it looked.. Dosen't mean Reese did bad, he made good moves that didn't work out. It happens...

THAT says it all

RoanokeFan
12-25-2012, 08:33 AM
They act like Reese is walking around with an iron fist going with his gut over all the scouts the Giants have. They work as a team they build the draft boards together its not like Reese is sitting alone in a room with the scouts notes crumpled on the floor saying F these guys. They were hired to do a job and he trusts their work. They wouldnt be there if he didnt

You are exactly right. They don't work in vacuums. The KNOW someone will leave when they get an offer they can't refuse, so no one works in a locked office keeping everything close to the vest.

slipknottin
12-25-2012, 09:24 AM
If the drafting in your opinion is awful, what is it you love about Ross?

Redeyejedi
12-25-2012, 11:47 AM
If the drafting in your opinion is awful, what is it you love about Ross? Yeah i asked that as well

RoanokeFan
12-25-2012, 11:50 AM
If the drafting in your opinion is awful, what is it you love about Ross?

Ahh, looking for logic on Christmas Day. BAH, HUMBUG

DandyDon
12-25-2012, 11:54 AM
My new years resolution is to stop reading any thread started by hooligans or experto.

Redeyejedi
12-25-2012, 11:56 AM
Ahh, looking for logic on Christmas Day. BAH, HUMBUG What I dont get is why he loves Marc Ross if Reese is the 1 making the picks. According to him all he does is make suggestions how does he know who he is suggesting if Reese is final wording every pick

I guess all the good picks like Nicks and JPP those were Ross, finding Cruz but then everything bad was Reese. Also as Director of College Scouting under Accorsi I guess same thing goes all the bad picks were suggested by Reese all the Great picks were made by Accorsi

Redeyejedi
12-25-2012, 11:59 AM
If the drafting in your opinion is awful, what is it you love about Ross? I also think Reeses bargain hunting this season was incredible. Stevie Brown,Bennett, Locklear they way out produced the contracts they had. All 3 were home runs

RoanokeFan
12-25-2012, 12:00 PM
What I dont get is why he loves Marc Ross if Reese is the 1 making the picks. According to him all he does is make suggestions how does he know who he is suggesting if Reese is final wording every pick

I guess all the good picks like Nicks and JPP those were Ross, finding Cruz but then everything bad was Reese. Also as Director of College Scouting under Accorsi I guess same thing goes all the bad picks were suggested by Reese all the Great picks were made by Accorsi

We are making the mistake of assuming he has a clue. If you look at the threads he creates you soon realize he is tossing controversy out for public consumption. He looks around, see what topics are hot, takes an outlandish position and sucks us in.

jomo
12-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Lets be honest Reece is responsible for not resigning the likes of Coefield,Steve Smith,Boss.Then move onto Manningham,Jacobs,Aaron Ross,and Tollefson leaving.We have let too much talent go, and it is starting to hurt our depth now.Is he responsible for building our superbowl teams or was Accorsi and Marc Ross responsible for getting the talent.I am worried the real Reece is not the portrayed in reality.In your alternate universe Cofield, Smith, Boss, Manningham, Jacobs, Ross and Tollefson equal too much talent? I'm just quoting you but I want to nail this down to be sure,

jomo
12-25-2012, 12:06 PM
We are making the mistake of assuming he has a clue. If you look at the threads he creates you soon realize he is tossing controversy out for public consumption. He looks around, see what topics are hot, takes an outlandish position and sucks us in.So obvious and not worth the distraction away from the egg nog.

RoanokeFan
12-25-2012, 12:19 PM
So obvious and not worth the distraction away from the egg nog.

Don't forget the brandy :)

GMENAGAIN
12-25-2012, 01:14 PM
What do you guys expect from our depth and aging when we have been drafting progressively worse since 2009 and only top heavy players first round picks are really big time players.Successful teams find depth in lower rounds,we have not done that for the past 3 - 4 drafts.

So we should promote Ross to GM because we all know he is our "draft guru", but according to you our drafts have not been good. Very sound reasoning. Count me in!

RoanokeFan
12-25-2012, 01:20 PM
So we should promote Ross to GM because we all know he is our "draft guru", but according to you our drafts have not been good. Very sound reasoning. Count me in!

Funny how the more we repeat it, it still comes out the same way SAY WHAT?

jomo
12-25-2012, 01:26 PM
Funny how the more we repeat it it still comes out the same way WHAT?I had it as "say what" but no sense in quibbling!

RoanokeFan
12-25-2012, 01:28 PM
I had it as "say what" but no sense in quibbling!

I knew something was missing lol

You have no idea how many times I read a post over and over and then just move on because it CAN'T be serious.

RoanokeFan
12-25-2012, 01:29 PM
I had it as "say what" but no sense in quibbling!

Because it's Christmas, I changed it in your honor

stormblue
12-25-2012, 01:33 PM
i don't think we draft all that bad....i prefer to draft for need.....but there's nothing wrong with BPA.

our problem around here is keeping guys too long past their monetary usefulness .
we leave our 2nd and 3rd tier guys on the bench for 2 to 4 years and they never see the field except for injury.
we never really know what we have or who to keep or let go , cuz they only evaluate them on the practice field.
TC is gonna lean towards his vets in off-season affairs just as much as he does for in-season decisions.

its not poor drafting...its poor/slow evaluation.

business as usual for this regime........imo.

Cloud57
12-25-2012, 01:44 PM
i don't think we draft all that bad....i prefer to draft for need.....but there's nothing wrong with BPA.

our problem around here is keeping guys too long past their monetary usefulness .
we leave our 2nd and 3rd tier guys on the bench for 2 to 4 years and they never see the field except for injury.
we never really know what we have or who to keep or let go , cuz they only evaluate them on the practice field.
TC is gonna lean towards his vets in off-season affairs just as much as he does for in-season decisions.

its not poor drafting...its poor/slow evaluation.

business as usual for this regime........imo.I think the only good player from the draft is Wilson, if you look at the other RBs in the draft this year I don't think any of them are as good as Wilson. As for the other players well they look all like busts but it's still early to tell. Randle looks ok but he's probably gonna be no more than an avg WR.

FBomb
12-25-2012, 02:59 PM
I'm amazed that anything excreto says gets this much reaction from people. He is either kidding, or is the 2nd dumbest poster (behind hooligan) this board has ever seen. Everything he posts is nonsense and should be treated as such.

RoanokeFan
12-25-2012, 03:02 PM
I'm amazed that anything excreto says gets this much reaction from people. He is either kidding, or is the 2nd dumbest poster (behind hooligan) this board has ever seen. Everything he posts is nonsense and should be treated as such.

LMAO excreto

jomo
12-25-2012, 04:52 PM
LMAO excretoIs that Latin? :D

CowboysSuck
12-25-2012, 04:59 PM
OP lost all credibility when spelling Jerry Reese's name incorrectly.

Buddy333
12-25-2012, 05:16 PM
Reese is one of the best GM's in the NFL. This is silly.

RoanokeFan
12-25-2012, 05:21 PM
Reese is one of the best GM's in the NFL. This is silly.

Its beyond silly

SuperNYGiants
12-25-2012, 05:46 PM
Wow, you homers are too easy to bait, loosen up a little, I mean it.

rainierjef
12-25-2012, 05:54 PM
There are a lot of posters that felt the urge to chime in on this charade, with the "YEAH!! reese only drafts busts, ross is the true mastermind." with a little sprinkle of "Oh! and Fire KGPFTC!"
Crisis averted by some logical posting.

If it is one thing we can all agree one that Reese has done, is neglect the O-line or pushed it down the totem pole as far as drafting goes. He has brought in guys Like locklear, so to say he neglected protecting the franchise is a bit steep. Brandon mosley where he was drafted was a solid pick imho; he did not work out it happens.

Reese has done a good job, getting the talent in the rounds they should have been gotten in, did he reach sometimes? yes! did picks fall into his lap? yeah! you can argue the prince pick was a gift due to the run on QB's that early. He also gets the right personnel for this team to succeed, the players have to play as well and you have to want it enough to go out and beat out the comp for a starting position.

You can draft a highly skilled top 20, praised, combine stat monster athlete all you want, he still has to go out and put it together at the next level.
see. vernon gholston or a little closer to home william joseph.

nycsportzfan
12-25-2012, 06:36 PM
There are a lot of posters that felt the urge to chime in on this charade, with the "YEAH!! reese only drafts busts, ross is the true mastermind." with a little sprinkle of "Oh! and Fire KGPFTC!"
Crisis averted by some logical posting.

If it is one thing we can all agree one that Reese has done, is neglect the O-line or pushed it down the totem pole as far as drafting goes. He has brought in guys Like locklear, so to say he neglected protecting the franchise is a bit steep. Brandon mosley where he was drafted was a solid pick imho; he did not work out it happens.

Reese has done a good job, getting the talent in the rounds they should have been gotten in, did he reach sometimes? yes! did picks fall into his lap? yeah! you can argue the prince pick was a gift due to the run on QB's that early. He also gets the right personnel for this team to succeed, the players have to play as well and you have to want it enough to go out and beat out the comp for a starting position.

You can draft a highly skilled top 20, praised, combine stat monster athlete all you want, he still has to go out and put it together at the next level.
see. vernon gholston or a little closer to home william joseph. If u look at my posts in this thread, there saying pretty much what u are saying.. On top of all the good picks Reese has made, hes made other good picks, of good value , that simply haven't worked out, and that stuff just happens..

Jerrnigan, Austin, and Chad Jones were all fine picks of good value, but didn't work out, with Jones being basically a lost 3rd rder that had nothing to do with Reese at all.. he had to ovecome that as well, which is something posters seem to forget..lol

Finding guys like Cruz, Blackburn, Locklear, and trading for boothe are brilliant low money/high reward moves by reese.. Last yr was the only draft i've been critical of Reese, and so far i'm right, but it can still change... Either way, i expect him righ back on track this yr, finding studs like Terrell THomas and Steve Smith and Goff, and Nicks, and all those kinda great picks u come accustomed to seeing him make..

RoanokeFan
12-25-2012, 07:27 PM
If u look at my posts in this thread, there saying pretty much what u are saying.. On top of all the good picks Reese has made, hes made other good picks, of good value , that simply haven't worked out, and that stuff just happens..

Jerrnigan, Austin, and Chad Jones were all fine picks of good value, but didn't work out, with Jones being basically a lost 3rd rder that had nothing to do with Reese at all.. he had to ovecome that as well, which is something posters seem to forget..lol

Finding guys like Cruz, Blackburn, Locklear, and trading for boothe are brilliant low money/high reward moves by reese.. Last yr was the only draft i've been critical of Reese, and so far i'm right, but it can still change... Either way, i expect him righ back on track this yr, finding studs like Terrell THomas and Steve Smith and Goff, and Nicks, and all those kinda great picks u come accustomed to seeing him make..

We fans often expect perfection and that sets us up for disappointment.

jaxnygmen
12-25-2012, 09:53 PM
Draft guru. Our drafts have stunk pretty much the past four to five years. Look at the first four to five rounds and tell me how many are impact players, not bit players, impact players. I think you will see a really pattern that has caused us to look so poorly on the field. We take way to many projects and that has killed us.

nycsportzfan
12-26-2012, 06:21 AM
Draft guru. Our drafts have stunk pretty much the past four to five years. Look at the first four to five rounds and tell me how many are impact players, not bit players, impact players. I think you will see a really pattern that has caused us to look so poorly on the field. We take way to many projects and that has killed us. What are u talking about? We got Jason Pierre Paul, Hakeem Nicks, Will Beatty, Linval Joseph, Jaquain Williams, Prince Amukumura, all in the past few drafts.. Not to mention, this draft is tough to judge being there first yr.. Ur not gonna get studs in every rd of every yr, its not that easy.. Also, we lost a 3rd rd pick not to our doing with Chad Jones, which is a real stinger to any GM.. Add in pickups like Victor Cruz and Henry Hynoski as UDF, and Reese has done a really good job..

thegiantsrule10
12-26-2012, 09:14 AM
Passing Rushing Receiving
2009 1 29 Hakeem Nicks WR 2012 0 0 3 25 54 2 8 0 255 3726 27 North Carolina
2009 2 45 Clint Sintim LB 2011 0 0 0 2 24 1.0 Virginia
2009 2 60 William Beatty T 2012 0 0 2 9 49 Connecticut
2009 3 85 Ramses Barden WR 2012 0 0 0 2 29 29 394 0 Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo
2009 3 100 Travis Beckum TE 2012 0 0 0 6 48 26 264 3 Wisconsin
2009 4 129 Andre Brown RB 2012 0 0 0 0 14 75 384 8 12 86 0 North Carolina St.
2009 5 151 Rhett Bomar QB 0 0 0 Sam Houston St.
2009 6 200 DeAndre Wright DB 0 0 0 New Mexico
2009 7 238 Stoney Woodson This draft was even worse.1 great palyer...1 solid...other all busts including rd 2 sintim huge bust.

Rhett Bomar was the best player in that draft.

Mercury
12-26-2012, 09:25 AM
Ross just finds the players and gives his opinions...it is Reese who decides who to draft and when. REese is the same dope that turned down a 3rd round draft choice for Osi....what a moron.

Are you talking about the same Osi that strip-sacked Aaron Rodgers on our way to winning the SB last year? Yeah, we didn't need Osi last year, and that 3rd round draft pick would have really turned our season around this year.

BK07071
12-26-2012, 09:31 AM

So Reese is responsible for not signing several Talented players ??? Talented in whose eyes??? Maybe yours but certainly not mine. Let me just enlighten you a bit......does the name Gibril Wilson ring a bell? Or how about Kevin Boss.....have you heard anything about him lately??? Oh and by the way, you mentioned Tollefson.......have you heard anything about him and how he's doing since he left??? What about Ballard....I know he's out on IR for the Patriots but why do you think Belichek grabbed him knowing full well that he won't be able to help them this season because he needs more time to rehab his knee. Has Brandon Jacobs helped the 49'ers much???? They haven't used him at all and he's frustrated and wants out.
So tell me......who's is the bright star when it comes to football personnel.....you or Reese??????

PRGiant
12-26-2012, 02:09 PM

What have those players done? Only Cofield has been somewhat good.