PDA

View Full Version : Is Prince Our #1 Corner?

Overdrive92
12-24-2012, 07:26 PM
Webster is toast, so is Prince our new #1 corner? He has played pretty well this year, and exceeded my expectations for his first full season. But is he ready to start shouldering the load of a #1 corner? Because he's going to be asked to do so very soon.

Buddy333
12-24-2012, 07:30 PM
Prince is their best CB already. It was a shame what they did to Webster yesterday.

Dogg
12-24-2012, 07:31 PM
Prince has been the #1 corner all year IMO

Overdrive92
12-24-2012, 07:31 PM
If you think back to when this season began...

...Prince sure went from "huge draft bust" to "#1 corner" real quick...

Prince has been the #1 corner all year IMO

Although true, he's only been asked to shutdown the opposing team's 2nd or 3rd best WR. He hasn't really been asked to shut down the opposition's BEST receiver yet, which is why I ask if he's ready to step up into that position.

fletch842
12-24-2012, 07:33 PM
How did Webby fall so fast? Its like he regressed to his rookie season or something????

Buddy333
12-24-2012, 07:34 PM
If you think back to when this season began......Prince sure went from "huge draft bust" to "#1 corner" real quick...Only to some FANS on this board. Even the media kept saying he struggled. There was this myth he was a bad player because he missed most of his rookie season. The little he did play last year was very impressive and he has allowed ONE TD this season.

M00KIE
12-24-2012, 07:37 PM
He's playing the best...I just hope he becomes a little more durable.

Overdrive92
12-24-2012, 07:40 PM
How did Webby fall so fast? Its like he regressed to his rookie season or something????

When you play a game like you did yesterday, arguably one of the worst performances by a CB in the history of American football, you're going to fall pretty fast. Flacco had a theory he could "throw at Webster a little bit" and boy could he ever. And Webster's now been exposed. Permanently. Who's to stop future opponents from doing exactly what Flacco did yesterday? And mind you it was FLACCO! A good QB, but he's no Brady to Peyton back there.

TheEnigma
12-24-2012, 07:41 PM
I saw it somewhere else on this MB but Corey Webster became the Terrance Newman of 2012.

idiotekniQues
12-24-2012, 08:02 PM
Webster has been embarrassed most of this year. it's been an epic 1 season turnaround of failure.

definitely impressive in that regard.

foxie
12-24-2012, 08:05 PM
I saw it somewhere else on this MB but Corey Webster became the Terrance Newman of 2012. More like Elvis "Toast" Patterson, CB for the Giants in their 1st SB win to benched after first few games the next year to cut @ end of season. I remember LT & others going nuts @ burnt toast giving up the easy TD's & big completions. Unfortunately CW is the modern version.....Done!, like "Burnt Toast".

fletch842
12-24-2012, 08:05 PM
my point is that the last 4 years, prior to this one, he had been a very solid cover corner. This year, he can't cover a bed! :angry:

gabriel_1
12-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Webster is toast, so is Prince our new #1 corner? He has played pretty well this year, and exceeded my expectations for his first full season. But is he ready to start shouldering the load of a #1 corner? Because he's going to be asked to do so very soon.

When are two next corners are in the Top 10 Worst corners in the NFL, I'm pretty sure Prince is out #1. Not only because of that, but Prince has the 9th best corner back rating, and he is not better, because of the lack of ball skills. He is a great Man Coverage corner and can have a very bright future as a Giant. He is our #1, but we need to have someone decent next to him.

mrg3
12-24-2012, 08:19 PM
Could he be hurt? He was good with a pass rush which is non existent this year. Tuck and Osi are done.

Overdrive92
12-25-2012, 12:45 AM
Everyone on this team is hurt. Even with injuries, that doesn't give Webster an excuse to put on a performance like he did yesterday. There are high school players who could've done a better job.

slipknottin
12-25-2012, 12:48 AM
I've seen much worse games by corners than how Webster played. He generally was in good position all game. Just didn't make plays on the ball. Which nobody on the defense did. Stevie brown should have had two interceptions and missed both.

Rat_bastich
12-25-2012, 12:52 AM
If you think back to when this season began...

...Prince sure went from "huge draft bust" to "#1 corner" real quick...

Although true, he's only been asked to shutdown the opposing team's 2nd or 3rd best WR. He hasn't really been asked to shut down the opposition's BEST receiver yet, which is why I ask if he's ready to step up into that position.

There are still posts somewhere in this forum calling David Wilson a bust. Prince has done what has been asked of him and has improved quickly. The beginning of the season I think the other players questioned his manhood because he always seemed to be out with minor injuries. But of all the players he has probably been one of the most consistent and tough.

ALLnygIN
12-25-2012, 12:58 AM
Prince is one of the select few players i've been happy with pretty much all season and has performed at a good level all season long.. not many other players did. So, he should be acknowledged for that.