PDA

View Full Version : Which Position Do You Want The Giants To Draft In The 1st Round Of The 2013 NFL Draft

Antwuan
12-24-2012, 06:38 PM
Yea with all of the Giants needs which position would you like to see the Giants draft in the 1st round?

Overdrive92
12-24-2012, 06:41 PM
I'm going to sound like a prisoner of the moment, but we need a corner. The secondary is definitely the weakest unit we have on this team, and we need to start planning for the day Webster leaves. Which won't be long now.

RoanokeFan
12-24-2012, 06:42 PM
OL

Sarcasman
12-24-2012, 06:45 PM
OL

/thread.

M00KIE
Best available. We have a need almost everywhere, so it's wide open imo.

TheEnigma
DL or OL. This is a strong trench draft and one could argue our biggest weaknesses are there.

Sarcasman
12-24-2012, 06:46 PM
DL or OL. This is a strong trench draft and one could argue our biggest weaknesses are there.

It wouldn't be much of an argument. Unless you were arguing with someone who has never seen this team play.

RoanokeFan
12-24-2012, 06:51 PM
Eli needs more time in the pcoket or everything else they do doesn't matter. We're not bad on the left side but the right side is also the old side in football life. Diehl is clearly on is last legs and Snee is fast approaching.

ANON837
12-24-2012, 06:52 PM
OL first and foremost. The unit as a whole was abysmal. Beatty and Locklear held their own but the interior was getting pushed around. Time get younger and fresher.

mrg3
12-24-2012, 07:14 PM
OL, CB, DL, LB Best available of those 4

jgrangers11
12-24-2012, 07:19 PM
We need to start working on revamping the O-line. Diehl has been a real steal as a fifth round pick, but he's on his last legs and Snee isn't far behind. We've drafted one O-lineman in the first 3 rounds of the draft since Chris Snee in 2004. I think that needs to be priority #1 unless a stud linebacker, defensive back or even a premier pass rusher falls into our lap.

gabriel_1
12-24-2012, 07:22 PM
I think the Giants always take the best player available. This is a great draft for OL, the DE are very raw, players like Ezekiel Ansah have great physical abilities but lack experience. I actually think that the Giants should take a corner in the first round. There is no way the Giants can afford to be torched like they were by the Falcons and Ravens. Jayron Hosley is a small, ball hawk corner, but I think he lacks the size to compete with the big guys. In the other hand T2 is coming out of his third ACL injury and I doubt he will be productive; CW enough was said this sunday. I think the corner position is what we need the most.

gabriel_1
12-24-2012, 07:24 PM
We need to start working on revamping the O-line. Diehl has been a real steal as a fifth round pick, but he's on his last legs and Snee isn't far behind. We've drafted one O-lineman in the first 3 rounds of the draft since Chris Snee in 2004. I think that needs to be priority #1 unless a stud linebacker, defensive back or even a premier pass rusher falls into our lap.

Ahh, Will Beaty second-round 2009.....

jgrangers11
12-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Ahh, Will Beaty second-round 2009.....

Yes, that would be the one O-lineman since Snee

jaxnygmen
12-24-2012, 08:33 PM
Take your pick. CB, MLB, OL, DT. I think we need to look at solid players from bigger schools. somehow we need to get better depth in this team.

laylow28
12-24-2012, 08:49 PM
Pass rusher or D-back.

dakotajoe
12-24-2012, 08:50 PM
OL, MLB, DL

Rat_bastich
12-24-2012, 08:50 PM
Just about everything. Unfortunately we only have one pick in the first. Since that limits my choices then DE. We need an effective pass rusher. Probably follow that up in the second with OL.

laylow28
12-24-2012, 08:51 PM
Eli needs more time in the pcoket or everything else they do doesn't matter. We're not bad on the left side but the right side is also the old side in football life. Diehl is clearly on is last legs and Snee is fast approaching. Beatty is a FA,so if they don't resign him, we are.

lavar2
12-24-2012, 09:30 PM
offensive line. you can find good value at corner in the 2nd round.

Redeyejedi
12-24-2012, 09:32 PM
Eli needs more time in the pcoket or everything else they do doesn't matter. We're not bad on the left side but the right side is also the old side in football life. Diehl is clearly on is last legs and Snee is fast approaching. I think your better off taking an Olineman in the 2nd or 3rd round. U need to draft high physical ability at DE

drewz
12-24-2012, 09:39 PM
CB

drewz
12-24-2012, 09:42 PM

Doesn't have to fall too far, right now we're gonna be what pick 17?

gmen0820
12-24-2012, 10:25 PM
I think we will make solid, but not flashy, moves in FA. Jason Jones (if healthy) at DT, Sebastian Vollmer at RT, and maybe a Sam Shields for corner depth. In the draft, we should target DE early, Ziggy Ansah certainly fits the profile. Then, the interior OL needs to be addressed. LBers, DBs, DTs will need to be addressed as well.

Tmurda1984
12-24-2012, 10:33 PM
I agree with gmen0820, we need to sign some solid free agents. With our cap situation, it puts waay to much pressure on our rookies to make an impact right away. Let these young guys develop and learn how to be pros. You know our franchise is struggling, when we are praying that Wilson gets more carries than Bradshaw. You know we are struggling when people are asking for a raw athlete in Robinson to start and a journeyman in Locklear to start at tackle. This is mediocrity at its best.

Reese needs to be on top of his game this offseason. I think he has made some silly moves managing our cap and praying that Eli and the pass rush will save his behind season after season. With Eli struggling as bad as the pass rush..you really get to see how subpar this team really is. There is no1 behind Eli and the Pass rush...when this fails, the season is over and fans are turning off their TV's by halftime.

bearbryant
12-24-2012, 11:06 PM
I agree with getting the O line in shape, first. Heres one of the reasons why we have the team we do. "BPA". Its why the rest of the world laughed about how many DE's do you need? Or you can't have enough DE's! Well, what might the team look like w/o BPA. The concept of BPA is part of a formula of picking a player not just take the best BPA, period. So, maybe we would have had a cou[ple of "good" LB's instead of trying to turn a first round DE into a LB. Realy this is football basics.

Cloud57
12-24-2012, 11:08 PM
A RB because Bradshaw can't run and Wilson can't block

ALLnygIN
12-24-2012, 11:20 PM
Cornerback or LB you can get solid o line men in rounds 2/3

laylow28
12-24-2012, 11:24 PM
Doesn't have to fall too far, right now we're gonna be what pick 17? #19

ALLnygIN
12-24-2012, 11:35 PM
Look at our Linebacker Corps and Our CB position and O line and now Dline.. we need a lot of help. Needless to say, I don't think any one of us can be upset with this years 1st round pick bc basically every spot on the field needs help minus a couple.. But we really need to think LBr and Oline and CB. If we get some talent at lb that frees kiwi back to de and then we have kiwi and JPP which I could live with for a season.

Buddy333
12-24-2012, 11:37 PM
Depends on FA and who is there when they pick. What if a very good CB fell to them the same way Prince did? Do you pass and take a lesser OL? If Osi is gone and they can't rely on Tuck anymore they also need DE's. With $100 million invested in a QB that is not mobile they absolutely have to fix the OL in the draft, FA, or both.