PDA

View Full Version : A perfect analogy to describe Eli

SuperNYGiants
12-24-2012, 07:46 PM
Eli is like a golfer who got 2 hole in ones in a round of golf, the rest of the round he's like +20 over par.

Eli is like Nick Swisher, he can hit a grand slam once in a while, but he's not an all-star.

Eli is like Jackie Chan, he can make his Kung Fu look pretty d***ling on film, but he's really not that good of a martial artist because his background actually comes from circus stunts as a kid and would get his butt handed to him by Jet Lee, the real champ.

Sarcasman
12-24-2012, 07:48 PM
Good for you!

*head pat*

Rudyy
12-24-2012, 07:56 PM
Is there a point to this thread?

SuperNYGiants
12-24-2012, 07:57 PM
Comic relief?

Rudyy
12-24-2012, 07:58 PM
Comic relief?Oh..comedy was involved?

NYG4lifeNYK
12-24-2012, 08:16 PM
Give it a rest clown

Go put a big red nose... or green nose and find another team... Jets and eagles are green take your pick

GMEN86900711
12-24-2012, 08:42 PM
Eli is like Nick Swisher, he can hit a grand slam once in a while, but he's not an all-star.

Totally off on that one. Nick Swisher was dependable and productive in the regular season and then just totally disappeared in the postseason year after year. Eli Manning on the other hand is inconsistent and flies under the radar in the regular season, but had 2 really good postseason which resulted in championships.

As for Eli getting his butt handed to him by the "real champ" he has bested Brett Favre's 13-3 Packers, Tom Brady's 16-0 Patriots, Aaron Rodgers 15-1 Packers, the 13-3 49ers, and Tom Brady's 13-3 Patriots.

SuperNYGiants
12-24-2012, 08:44 PM
Totally off on that one. Nick Swisher was dependable and productive in the regular season and then just totally disappeared in the postseason year after year. Eli Manning on the other hand is inconsistent and flies under the radar in the regular season, but had 2 really good postseason which resulted in championships.
Point taken, but I was referring more towards their batting average, which is both eh.

SuperNYGiants
12-24-2012, 08:45 PM
Give it a rest clown

Go put a big red nose... or green nose and find another team... Jets and eagles are green take your pick
Laughter is the greatest mental cure.

gumby74
12-24-2012, 08:45 PM

As for Eli getting his butt handed to him by the "real champ" he has bested Brett Favre's 13-3 Packers, Tom Brady's 16-0 Patriots, Aaron Rodgers 15-1 Packers, the 13-3 49ers, and Tom Brady's 13-3 Patriots.

So Eli is like Shane Spencer :). Beast during the post season, nothing spectacular during the regular season? I'm actually not a yankee fan so I'm not sure how good Spencer became...

Dogg
12-24-2012, 10:47 PM
Eli is like a golfer who got 2 hole in ones in a round of golf, the rest of the round he's like +20 over par.

Eli is like Jackie Chan, he can make his Kung Fu look pretty d***ling on film, but he's really not that good of a martial artist because his background actually comes from circus stunts as a kid and would get his butt handed to him by Jet Lee, the real champ. 2x Superbowl MVP....end of story

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-24-2012, 11:00 PM

Eli is like Jackie Chan, he can make his Kung Fu look pretty d***ling on film, but he's really not that good of a martial artist because his background actually comes from circus stunts as a kid and would get his butt handed to him by Jet Lee, the real champ.

got to use this 2 days in a row,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5hfYJsQAhl0

BLUDude92
12-24-2012, 11:02 PM
Eli is Eli and should not be compared to anyone else

Rat_bastich
12-24-2012, 11:40 PM
BY the way Jackie Chan went to the Peking Opera School, which is pretty much a martial arts school. His kung fu is good! Plus, he beat all of those bikers up on the Cannonball Run...nuff said.

gumby74
12-25-2012, 12:08 AM
Jackie Chan was pretty awesome until he started doing movies strictly for the states.

Hooligans
12-25-2012, 10:51 AM

Yes there is , Eli ain't that good, and if he weren't Peyton's brother, the Giants would alsready be looking elswhere for a QB after his continual mid-season collapses.

gmen0820
12-25-2012, 10:54 AM
Eli is like that QB that wins SBs and is constantly debated over by fans who take extreme sides of the argument. Jeez, I suck at analogies.

Hooligans
12-25-2012, 10:57 AM
Eli is like that QB that wins SBs and is constantly debated over by fans who take extreme sides of the argument. Jeez, I suck at analogies.

Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer won Super Bowls...so what.

stormblue
12-25-2012, 10:59 AM
Yes there is , Eli ain't that good, and if he weren't Peyton's brother, the Giants would alsready be looking elswhere for a QB after his continual mid-season collapses.

it's not like he won the Heisman at Ole Miss.......
if he wasn't Peyton's brother and Archie's boy.....i doubt
he would even have gotten much of a shot to be in the pros.

i'm not saying he hasn't earned what he's gotten.......
he has been very successful.....
i'm just saying he probably would not have been given the
opportunity if not for the family heritage.

speedman
12-25-2012, 11:05 AM
it's not like he won the Heisman at Ole Miss.......if he wasn't Peyton's brother and Archie's boy.....i doubthe would even have gotten much of a shot to be in the pros.i'm not saying he hasn't earned what he's gotten.......he has been very successful.....i'm just saying he probably would not have been given theopportunity if not for the family heritage.I hope this should have been in red.

speedman
12-25-2012, 11:06 AM
Yes there is , Eli ain't that good, and if he weren't Peyton's brother, the Giants would alsready be looking elswhere for a QB after his continual mid-season collapses.You are an ???????

SuperNYGiants
12-25-2012, 11:08 AM
The year Eli came out for the draft in retrospect was good for him because at the time the so-called top prospect QBs came from Miami of Ohio, not exactly a powerhouse program, and NC State, again not a powerhouse program, making Eli's stock rise more than he probably deserved plus the fact that Giants were desperate for a franchise QB and they reached with everything possible. If Eli came out this year with Andrew Luck and RGIII among others, I doubt Eli would even be picked in the first round.

speedman
12-25-2012, 11:12 AM
The year Eli came out for the draft in retrospect was good for him because at the time the so-called top prospect QBs came from Miami of Ohio, not exactly a powerhouse program, and NC State, again not a powerhouse program, making Eli's stock rise more than he probably deserved plus the fact that Giants were desperate for a franchise QB and they reached with everything possible. If Eli came out this year with Andrew Luck and RGIII among others, I doubt Eli would even be picked in the first round.You're comical

stormblue
12-25-2012, 11:25 AM
i am not and never will be one of the homers in the "Elite Cultist Club".
but even as bad as he is sucking right now.....you can't take away
what he has already accomplished.

College career ;

Eli Manning during his tenure at the University of Mississippi.
Prior to deciding which college to attend, Manning received a call from David Cutcliffe, formerly the offensive coordinator at the University of Tennessee.[3]
During his years with the Rebels at Ole Miss, Manning set or tied 45 single-game, season, and career records. His career numbers include 10,119 passing yards (fifth on the SEC career list), 81 touchdown passes (third on the SEC career list), and a passer rating of 137.7 (tied for sixth on the SEC career list). Manning also led the Rebels to a 10-3 record and a 31-28 SBC Cotton Bowl Classic victory over the Oklahoma State Cowboys in 2003. He was invited to play in the 2004 Senior Bowl, but chose not to play.[4]
As his senior year came to a close, Manning won many awards including the Maxwell Award as the nation’s best all-around player, the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award, the National Football Foundation and College Football Hall of Fame Scholar-Athlete Award, the Sporting News Radio Socrates Award, and the SEC Most Valuable Player Award. He was also a candidate for the Heisman Trophy, finishing third in the voting after winning quarterback Jason White of the University of Oklahoma and University of Pittsburgh wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald.[5]
Manning graduated from the University of Mississippi with a degree in marketing and a GPA of 3.44.[6]
Awards
2001, 2003 Conerly Trophy
2002 Independence Bowl MVP
2003 Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award
2003 Maxwell Award
2003 National Football Foundation and College Football Hall of Fame Scholar-Athlete
2003 Sporting News Radio Socrates Award
2003 Southeastern Conference Football MVP
2004 Cotton Bowl Classic Offensive MVP
Statistics[7]
Passing Rushing
Season Team GP Rating Att Comp Pct Yds TD Int Att Yds TD
2000 Ole Miss Rebels 6 117.4 53 28 52.8 337 3 2 7 4 0
2001 Ole Miss Rebels 11 144.8 408 259 63.5 2,948 31 9 31 9 0
2002 Ole Miss Rebels 13 125.6 481 279 58.0 3,401 21 15 39 -120 2
2003 Ole Miss Rebels 13 148.1 441 275 62.4 3,600 29 10 48 -28 3
Career Ole Miss Rebels 43 138.1 1383 841 60.8 10,286 84 36 125 -135 5

stormblue
12-25-2012, 11:28 AM
I hope this should have been in red.

i didn't think it was necessary..as obvious as it was....
but i can fix it.

DandyDon
12-25-2012, 11:30 AM

So you are comparing Eli to Dilfer? I guess if you can compare the Giants situation now to the 1970s, like your other thead does, you may as well compare Eli to Dilfer. :confused:

SuperNYGiants
12-25-2012, 11:31 AM
I follow college football close enough, but the year Eli came out he didn't really stood out to me until the draft.

Anyway, college career mean very little in the pros, and seeing that Rivers has more pro bowl selections and a better career QB rating than Eli says it all about how inconsistent Eli is.

dakotajoe
12-25-2012, 11:51 AM

But were they two time Super Bowl MVPs?

gmen0820
12-25-2012, 11:55 AM
But were they two time Super Bowl MVPs?That argument is unnecessary, although valid. It should be clear to Hooligans that Manning's role is far more substantial than that of Dilfer (2000) or Johnson (2002). You can possible make that argument with Eli's first SB, but you'd be reaching for the second.

PittGiants
12-25-2012, 12:07 PM
Eli is good, not great, not elite, good enough to win games, when he is on his game, one of the best. The last 2 games showed us a Giant team out to lunch, bunch of unprofessionals in need of a good swift kick in the Bee Hind.

Sarcasman
12-25-2012, 03:54 PM

That's a much better one than the OP. The OP's analogy was like one of the monkey with a typewriter things....

Sarcasman
12-25-2012, 04:00 PM

Yes, there is.

This is the thread where a couple of casual fans from the same brainless echo chamber and with a very, very limited understanding of the game reveal their limitations by posting nonsensical rants without bothering to support any of their blathering with facts.

Don't be fooled by substitutes, this is the actual, bona fide thread for this kind of thing. The other 654 threads that seem to be almost exactly the same are just poor imitations of the real deal.

CowboysSuck
12-25-2012, 04:05 PM
LOLOLOL

If anything, Eli is the reason we didnt go 4-12. He may not look so good at times, but does his supporting cast have no

effect? C'mon guys. With Nicks playing like Sinorice Moss, Bradshaw as hurt as ever, Cruz dropping balls, Wilson not

playing, AND ONE OF THE WORST OFFENSIVE LINES THE GIANTS HAVE HAD IN YEARS....its no surprise some

of you just absolutely cannot see the forest for the trees. What a joke. Spoiled, spoiled, spoiled, recently-turned-NFL-

fan, Giants fans. Take a breather guys. Eli is fine and this team had a bad second half with a brutal schedule. This is

not the end of the world.

CowboysSuck
12-25-2012, 04:08 PM
Yes, there is.

This is the thread where a couple of casual fans from the same brainless echo chamber and with a very, very limited understanding of the game reveal their limitations by posting nonsensical rants without bothering to support any of their blathering with facts.

Don't be fooled by substitutes, this is the actual, bona fide thread for this kind of thing. The other 654 threads that seem to be almost exactly the same are just poor imitations of the real deal.

Winner, winner. The common sense on this board eludes 80% of us. At least some of us still have some gray matter upstairs thats working :rolleyes:

Rudyy
12-25-2012, 04:11 PM
Yes, there is. This is the thread where a couple of casual fans from the same brainless echo chamber and with a very, very limited understanding of the game reveal their limitations by posting nonsensical rants without bothering to support any of their blathering with facts.Don't be fooled by substitutes, this is the actual, bona fide thread for this kind of thing. The other 654 threads that seem to be almost exactly the same are just poor imitations of the real deal.Their facts include posting stats of other QB's and conparing them to Eli's and coming to the conclusion that Eli all of a sudden is not good/needs to be traded/ caused this team to fall.

CowboysSuck
12-25-2012, 04:13 PM
Their facts include posting stats of other QB's and conparing them to Eli's and coming to the conclusion that Eli all of a sudden is not good/needs to be traded/ caused this team to fall.

I'm with them. Id rather have Romo. Id rather have Brandon Weedon. At leas those guys dont have the first name Eli. And at least they dont have 2 SB wins :popcorn:

Sarcasman
12-25-2012, 04:27 PM
Their facts include posting stats of other QB's and conparing them to Eli's and coming to the conclusion that Eli all of a sudden is not good/needs to be traded/ caused this team to fall.

Some moron in another thread said that Andy Dalton was better. That said, it takes all kinds and assuming the population of Giants fans is a microcosm of the population of the world so it stands to reason that we should have our fair share of dolts, dullards and imbeciles.

fizzlesticks
12-25-2012, 04:55 PM
Eli is like a pitcher throwing a no hitter and the team still losing because everyone else sucks.

SuperNYGiants
12-25-2012, 04:55 PM
The massive contradiction by the Eli homers is truly hilarious.
The 2 Super Bowl defense that they ONLY have for Eli is designed to mask the inconsistent individual player that is Eli which is the actual point of comparison between him and the other QBs. Yet knowing that Eli's stats simply aren't good enough, they fall back on the Super Bowl defense over and over and over.

Yet when other QBs with better stats and being more successful this season are mentioned, the desperate Eli homers resorts to "It's a team sport" rhetoric, thereby attempting to deflect the notion that any other QB in history could possibly be better than Eli "rain man" Manning.

In the end, the sheer blind-sided, short-sighted, and rose-colored Eli homers take the cake every time for being the most delusional bunch of the lot.

Bravo.

Sarcasman
12-25-2012, 05:32 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, case in point.

Good night; drive home safely!

SuperNYGiants
12-25-2012, 05:43 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, case in point.

Good night; drive home safely!
"Never engage an argument you can't defeat, just use personal attacks and harsh words!"

Nicely played, but too obvious.

bigblue58
12-25-2012, 06:37 PM

Eli is like any QB forced to play behind an aging OL that doesn't give him time to throw, and receivers who can't get open and then drop the ball when they do, and a Defense that let scores get out of control and couldn't get the ball back to the offense with a fighting chance!
Everyone keeps blaming Eli, when in reality, he probably could have come back and won many of those games we were behind in had the D been able to keep even one of them close.

Sarcasman
12-25-2012, 07:49 PM
"Never engage an argument you can't defeat, just use personal attacks and harsh words!"

Nicely played, but too obvious.

I'm sorry that you're disappointed in the fact that we can't argue but one can't argue against another's agenda, deeply biased ideology or empty rhetoric...it's just baseless ranting.

That said, I didn't feel the "case in point, drive home safely" post was a personal attack, but I apologize if you felt it was.

SuperNYGiants
12-25-2012, 08:07 PM
I'm sorry that you're disappointed in the fact that we can't argue but one can't argue against another's agenda, deeply biased ideology or empty rhetoric...it's just baseless ranting.

That said, I didn't feel the "case in point, drive home safely" post was a personal attack, but I apologize if you felt it was.
Please don't apologize sir, maybe it is my fault that I nonchalantly assumed that every person was capable of identifying satire, a comic relief, a tongue in cheek literature in hopes of creating a don't take yourself too seriously type of atmosphere instead of tightening every fiber of your underwear in a knot from your overly paranoid fixation and bias towards Eli. I know much better than to seriously expect a valid response from fellow Eli homers, their delusions of grandeur is something I would not voluntarily dive into as I'm not certified in the field of psychology. Please stick to your regular medication regimen as scheduled and try to take in the reality that is oh so beautiful and precious that surrounds your fragile soul. Good day.

fourth&forever
12-25-2012, 08:48 PM
Eli has played poorly lately, that is true.
But have we forgotten all the unbelievable things he's done for us?
He doesn't suck, sorry.

Sarcasman
12-25-2012, 09:19 PM
Please don't apologize sir, maybe it is my fault that I nonchalantly assumed that every person was capable of identifying satire, a comic relief, a tongue in cheek literature in hopes of creating a don't take yourself too seriously type of atmosphere instead of tightening every fiber of your underwear in a knot from your overly paranoid fixation and bias towards Eli. I know much better than to seriously expect a valid response from fellow Eli homers, their delusions of grandeur is something I would not voluntarily dive into as I'm not certified in the field of psychology. Please stick to your regular medication regimen as scheduled and try to take in the reality that is oh so beautiful and precious that surrounds your fragile soul. Good day.

Likewise, there's no need to apologize to me for your failed attempts at levity. Relating satire through text is not easy. It's certainly not for the faint of heart nor for those who find themselves a few touchdowns short of a triple digit IQ.

All that said, good luck finding any posts from me that qualify me as an Eli homer; I know exactly what he is and what he ain't. However, pointing out ridiculous, moronic bloviating is hardly the same as being an Eli homer. A couple of posters here can criticize Eli without it becoming farcical, but not many. There's no shame in not being able to reach those heights.

GameTime
12-25-2012, 10:36 PM

ahhh....wrong...
good try though