PDA

View Full Version : Chip Kelly will be trouble

mike kennedy
12-24-2012, 10:10 PM
If eagles sign Kelly as head coach, the Giants can throw 2 loses up right away before the season starts. No way can the Giants defense and Perry come up with any schemes to cover Kelly's offenses. Unlike Gilbrilliant, Kelly is not 1 dimensional. Foles played against him for the years he was at Arizona so he is familiar with the schemes. It will be a good move for Philly moving in another direction and bad for us with the SAME OLD garbage that Gilbride keeps pulling from his bag of old tricks.

Cloud57
12-24-2012, 10:24 PM
We will become the new eagles of the division

jomo
12-24-2012, 10:32 PM
We will become the new eagles of the divisionWithout their fans........nah we'll be fine.

GMAN2K9
12-24-2012, 10:37 PM
Nah. I dont think his system will translate very well into the NFL. At Oregon, he has a distinct advantage / monopoly vs other programs b/c he loads up on lighting quick yet undersized players. In the pro game, everyone and everything is faster.. there's no going up against freshman who will become professionals in anything but football. To me, he seems like Steve Suppier Part II

Plus, his defense is non existent.

jgrangers11
12-24-2012, 10:49 PM
Let me know when Chip Kelly can recruit the top talent in the country to play for the Eagles. Then I'll worry. The game changes in the NFL when you have to compete on equal ground with everyone else.

TheShouldersOf
12-25-2012, 03:34 AM
i do quite dig Chip Kelly though,

M00KIE
12-25-2012, 03:36 AM
If eagles sign Kelly as head coach, the Giants can throw 2 loses up right away before the season starts. No way can the Giants defense and Perry come up with any schemes to cover Kelly's offenses. Unlike Gilbrilliant, Kelly is not 1 dimensional. Foles played against him for the years he was at Arizona so he is familiar with the schemes. It will be a good move for Philly moving in another direction and bad for us with the SAME OLD garbage that Gilbride keeps pulling from his bag of old tricks.

I'm not betting on Gilbride or Fewell being here next year.

Rat_bastich
12-25-2012, 03:44 AM
Nah. I dont think his system will translate very well into the NFL. At Oregon, he has a distinct advantage / monopoly vs other programs b/c he loads up on lighting quick yet undersized players. In the pro game, everyone and everything is faster.. there's no going up against freshman who will become professionals in anything but football. To me, he seems like Steve Suppier Part II

Plus, his defense is non existent.

^ Plus, not only was his defense non-existent, college defenses for the most part are a bit softer when facing equal competition, allowing some teams to rack up huge numbers. Each team in the NFL has a defense made up of what would amount to a college team's best defensive players.

nycsportzfan
12-25-2012, 06:52 AM
Let me know when Chip Kelly can recruit the top talent in the country to play for the Eagles. Then I'll worry. The game changes in the NFL when you have to compete on equal ground with everyone else. well, i would have to say Kelly turned OREGON into a stomping ground of top talent.. Hes a wonderful innovative coach, who would be perfect on the NFL level in my opinion..

The only thing i'd worry about is what ever cr-ap team he took over would finish his first yr with a crap record and he'd get fired.. I hate when teams do that, but they do.. If u give Chip Kelly 3yrs, i think results will be wonderful...

Hooligans
12-25-2012, 09:30 AM

Kelly is a college coach and ANY NFL head coach will run circles around him. The NFL is the big boy league, while college is far below it.

slipknottin
12-25-2012, 10:23 AM
What's the difference? The giants lose twice a year to the eagles now

RagTime Blue
12-25-2012, 01:07 PM

We've been losing to them twice a year for a while now. . .why should we fear a replacement at HC for the Eagles?