PDA

View Full Version : Anyone NOT going to watch Philly game?

gfanblue
12-24-2012, 10:08 PM
I will tivo in case it's a good one. But frankly these a-wads robbed me of 7 hours the last two weeks I'll never get back.

Jet-Blue
12-24-2012, 10:10 PM
I will tivo in case it's a good one. But frankly these a-wads robbed me of 7 hours the last two weeks I'll never get back.

I'll be at the game watching it in the snow!

barran21
12-24-2012, 10:11 PM
I will not watch, sorry they didn't show up the last 2 weeks i ain't showing up this week.

laylow28
12-24-2012, 10:12 PM
I'm gonna watch still.

Cloud57
12-24-2012, 10:14 PM
I'll watch it, I'll have the T.V playing in the background while i'm doing other stuff. I won't waste 3 hours of my time just on this game.

gmen0820
12-24-2012, 10:14 PM
Last Giants game I refused to watch was week 17 vs Minnesota in 2009. Glad I didn't. But, because I watch every Eagle game as well as the Giants, I'll be tuning in. Had it been Giants/Jaguars, and the playoffs were more unlikely, I most likely would not watch.

TheEnigma
12-24-2012, 10:38 PM
I live in the Midwest so it's either watch a football game or go play in a dust storm. I think the choice is obvious.

Rat_bastich
12-24-2012, 10:41 PM
Depends on what I'm doing. Most likely will be letting it play as background noise.

rtr1105
12-24-2012, 10:41 PM
I'll be watching. I'm supporting this team through thick and thin. Plus, the playoffs aren't too far fetched if you look at the matchups. I know we seem to be unable to beat Philly, but this is different. They've only won once since they beat us on 9/30. I have more confidence in us beating them now then at any other time. Green Bay could definitely beat Minnesota and the Deadskins could beat the Salad Cowgirls. The only one I'm worried about is Detroit beating Chicago. I'm afraid that Detroit will mainly focus on getting Megatron to 2,000 yards and pretty much hand Chicago the game. But the DET/CHI game is a 1:00 game, like ours. So by the time the later two games start, we'll have an idea of where we stand. Mark my words, if we beat Philly and Detroit upsets Chicago, my confidence will soar.

SuperNYGiants
12-24-2012, 10:47 PM
Is there any chance that the playoff fate would've been decided before the game?

Just how many teams have to lose? Vikings? Bears? Redskins?

I'll watch them play off course, but if playoffs are not possible, the game will mean less than a pre-season game.

egyptian420
12-24-2012, 11:43 PM
Is there any chance that the playoff fate would've been decided before the game?

Just how many teams have to lose? Vikings? Bears? Redskins?

I'll watch them play off course, but if playoffs are not possible, the game will mean less than a pre-season game.The game will be at 1pm so we need 2 other games during that slot to go our way and also that sunday nighter between the Redskins and Cowboys.

Btw...this team isn't making the playoffs. Even if everything else goes our way (which is unlikely), we will certainly get blown out. This isn't even one of those times where I'll say "I hope I'm wrong"....quiet frankly I've given up just like the players have, already looking forward to the draft.

SuperNYGiants
12-24-2012, 11:46 PM
I think so too, we just don't have enough healthy bodies to make a run.

Overdrive92
12-24-2012, 11:49 PM
I'll be watching. Last ***-whooping until next September and then we get an 8 month reprieve.

ashleymarie
12-25-2012, 12:02 AM
Yeah, I'll watch. Can't NOT watch.

gumby74
12-25-2012, 12:03 AM
i have better things to do then watch a team quit.

ashleymarie
12-25-2012, 12:05 AM
i have better things to do then watch a team quit.

You will miss us. LOL

gumby74
12-25-2012, 12:07 AM
You will miss us. LOL

The game will still be on my mind and i'll be paying attention to the scores for the other games that's for sure. Haha. I can't truly stay away.

M00KIE
12-25-2012, 02:34 AM
Gotta watch, regardless. Not sure I'll make it all the way through it, but I'll definitely try.

jomo
12-25-2012, 03:48 AM
I'll be inside GIANTS Stadium on Sunday.

stormblue
12-25-2012, 05:53 AM
i'll be watching....it is NEW YORK GIANT football.
in some aspects of life , the lows are what help define the highs.
being a sports fan is one of those aspects.
this is where the "i bleed blue" credo testifies to its integrity.

you either bleed blue or you don't

and although the 2nd half of this season has pushed this credo to its limit.....

i still bleed blue......and i will watch the game.

SweetZombieJesus
12-25-2012, 06:26 AM
I always watch, good or bad. Or gutless no-show.

And then I will be upset until the Super Bowl is over knowing we blew it yet again.

Dorothy
12-25-2012, 06:33 AM
i'll be watching....it is NEW YORK GIANT football.
in some aspects of life , the lows are what help define the highs.
being a sports fan is one those aspects.
this is where the "i bleed blue" credo testifies to its integrity.

you either bleed blue or you don't

and although the 2nd half of this season has pushed this credo to its limit.....

i still bleed blue......and i will watch the game.

I'm with you, real fans are true to their team. Lots of people jumping off the bandwagon when things are not going well. Are they true fans??? Or just fair weather fans??? Love the Giants. Disappointed with their playing the past two weeks, knowing they can do better, but desert the team, NEVER. LOVE YOU GIANTS.

stormblue
12-25-2012, 07:23 AM
I'm with you, real fans are true to their team. Lots of people jumping off the bandwagon when things are not going well. Are they true fans??? Or just fair weather fans??? Love the Giants. Disappointed with their playing the past two weeks, knowing they can do better, but desert the team, NEVER. LOVE YOU GIANTS.

good for you.....go giants !

Hooligans
12-25-2012, 07:31 AM

No, its a train wreck I have to watch....Michael Vick looking all-pro in his last game before the Eagles cut him......its a classic Handley, late 1970's, Giant moment!

The REAL Question is.......How many players will we see playing their last game as a Giant next week.....I suspect quite a few after this collapse.

titwio
12-25-2012, 07:33 AM
I'm going to watch ...and if they lose to Philly ...I'm going to sob*.

RoanokeFan
12-25-2012, 07:53 AM
I'll be at the game watching it in the snow!

You and me both lol Football as it was meant to be

OX1
12-25-2012, 08:01 AM
I think so too, we just don't have enough healthy bodies to make a run.

That is the killer and what is different from last year. Only shot we would have in playoffs
is to start a bunch of hungry rooks and live or die by an extremely aggressive game plan.
Neither of our coord have that in them though and the rooks have not seen enough play
that would even give them a chance. Eli would also have be on fire, which he ain't.

gfanblue
12-25-2012, 09:34 AM
I'm with you, real fans are true to their team. Lots of people jumping off the bandwagon when things are not going well. Are they true fans??? Or just fair weather fans??? Love the Giants. Disappointed with their playing the past two weeks, knowing they can do better, but desert the team, NEVER. LOVE YOU GIANTS.Im loyal. Never switched teams in 22+yrs. Only saying as bad as I love my gmen, it hurts to watch the collapse of a once proud team and know what could have been. Not watching doesnt translate to not loving.

The_ One
12-25-2012, 09:43 AM
I will tivo in case it's a good one. But frankly these a-wads robbed me of 7 hours the last two weeks I'll never get back.I watch every game, been doing it since 1981.

FlyingTruck
12-25-2012, 10:19 AM
Only reason I'm not watching it is because I work. If you can watch it, you should. It might be the last game for a few players and coaches on this team.

Rudyy
12-25-2012, 10:41 AM
I'll watch, but I won't care.

Hooligans
12-25-2012, 10:56 AM
Gotta to watch this trainwreck in the Meadowlands......I'll bet the crowd will let the Giants know exactly how they feel about their total collapse. Can't wait to see Osi and the other dinosaurs trying to catch Vick......now that the Giants are out of it, I can laugh at it.

gmen0820
12-25-2012, 10:58 AM
Gotta to watch this trainwreck in the Meadowlands......I'll bet the crowd will let the Giants know exactly how they feel about their total collapse. Can't wait to see Osi and the other dinosaurs trying to catch Vick......now that the Giants are out of it, I can laugh at it.Lol must be one helluva homecoming after that two road-game shellacking.

stormblue
12-25-2012, 11:05 AM
I'll watch, but I won't care.

liar, liar.

stormblue
12-25-2012, 11:06 AM
That is the killer and what is different from last year. Only shot we would have in playoffs
is to start a bunch of hungry rooks and live or die by an extremely aggressive game plan.
Neither of our coord have that in them though and the rooks have not seen enough play
that would even give them a chance. Eli would also have be on fire, which he ain't.

that's a lot of wisdom crammed into a short paragraph......i concur.

Pksoze
12-25-2012, 11:14 AM
This is most likely the last time I'll see my team all year. So I'll watch...though with Vick playing I feel our shot at victory has declined drastically.

Rudyy
12-25-2012, 11:16 AM
liar, liar.Except I'm not, as sad as that sounds.

BuffyBlueII
12-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Its NY Giants, I will definetly watch them.

scoostraw
12-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Not only won't I be watching, I did not watch the ravens game. I will not support incompetence.

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt86/scoostraw/inlet%20hosting/jints_bridge_zpsb5182ea4.jpg

fletch842
12-25-2012, 12:10 PM
I'll be watching, fan through and through.

burier
12-25-2012, 05:51 PM
I live in Boston and have 2 tickets. My girlfriend got them for me as a gift. My first game ever. The plan is take a bus from Boston to NY. Stay with friends through the holiday. I'm sad to say that I don't want to go anymore.In fact one of the last things I want to do is take 5 hour bus ride to sit in the cold and watch the Giants stink up the joint.

YATittle1962
12-25-2012, 08:42 PM
I'll be in my seat in the stadium just like I am for every home game for the past 38 years

RoanokeFan
12-25-2012, 08:44 PM
I'll be in my seat in the stadium just like I am for every home game for the past 38 years

And it will be snowing......it doesn't get any better than that!

YATittle1962
12-25-2012, 08:45 PM
And it will be snowing......it doesn't get any better than that!

I love it

byron
12-25-2012, 08:56 PM
I live in Boston and have 2 tickets. My girlfriend got them for me as a gift. My first game ever. The plan is take a bus from Boston to NY. Stay with friends through the holiday. I'm sad to say that I don't want to go anymore.In fact one of the last things I want to do is take 5 hour bus ride to sit in the cold and watch the Giants stink up the joint.
It still should be a good time man....I've been to a couple games myself 8 hour drive for me ,would love to see a game played in the snow....

nycisgreat
12-25-2012, 09:26 PM

I'll be watching from home this week.

fansince69
12-25-2012, 10:23 PM
I have not missed a game since the early 70s ...73 I think....I won't miss this one....funny....I would love to see how some of you may have reacted to some of the teams in the 70s.....if this team was playing in 75 we all would have been very hopeful for next year....todays fans are spoiled by our recent success....a true fan roots no matter what