PDA

View Full Version : Vic Cruz

RagTime Blue
12-25-2012, 12:11 PM
Last I heard, he and the Giants were very close to agreeing on an extension. Did that ever happen, and if so, for how many years?

TheAnalyst
12-25-2012, 12:16 PM
Never happened. His value went down some thoughn IMO. So it might help the Giants.

RoanokeFan
12-25-2012, 12:17 PM
Nothing yet. They only agreed on the structure of the contract, which you have to do before you can talk numbers. Right now, I don't think they're on the front burner.

RoanokeFan
12-25-2012, 12:18 PM
Never happened. His value went down some thoughn IMO. So it might help the Giants.

How does a receiver with back to back 1,000 yard season go down in value?

sportsfan554
12-25-2012, 01:05 PM
there is no way victor cruz's value went down. If the giants don't re-sign him they are absolutely stupid. He is the future of this team!

Rudyy
12-25-2012, 01:06 PM
How did his value go down?

RoanokeFan
12-25-2012, 01:07 PM
there is no way victor cruz's value went down. If the giants don't re-sign him they are absolutely stupid. He is the future of this team!

It's really amazing how these posts pop up that make you wonder what team we're all talking about.

gmen46
12-25-2012, 01:21 PM
It's really amazing how these posts pop up that make you wonder what team we're all talking about.

Inability to "see the forest for the trees" often comes to mind in said posts. :rolleyes:

fletch842
12-25-2012, 01:24 PM
if anything it went up. He has now produced prolifically 2 seasons in a row, and was the focal point of the offense this year. Hopefully they come to an agreement this off-season, it will cost far less than if he gets to FA.

RoanokeFan
12-25-2012, 01:31 PM
The only knock I have on Cruz is when he looks away from the ball before it's caught. I know why he does it, because his mind is already thinking "up field." But it makes me crazy.

Toadofsteel
12-25-2012, 01:51 PM
I don't think he's looking upfield anymore... he's looking for the guy that's about to level him sometimes.

jomo
12-25-2012, 02:13 PM
Last I heard, he and the Giants were very close to agreeing on an extension. Did that ever happen, and if so, for how many years?When he started talking openly about signing a new deal, his production dropped significantly. I wouldn't necessaryily connect the two, nor would I connect it to his having greater interest in what hat to wear on the town than his team just losing badly...............still, I wonder what his diminished prodction will command in the market compared with when everything was rosy for him.

RoanokeFan
12-25-2012, 02:17 PM
I don't think he's looking upfield anymore... he's looking for the guy that's about to level him sometimes.

I don't agree, but that sure is a main theme around here. In the last three games, we've seen him leveled and laid out and he came back in every time. He runs outside, in the slot, wherever the play calls for him to line up. I don't think any of our receivers are "afraid."

RoanokeFan
12-25-2012, 02:18 PM
When he started talking openly about signing a new deal, his production dropped significantly. I wouldn't necessaryily connect the two, nor would I connect it to his having greater interest in what hat to wear on the town than his team just losing badly...............still, I wonder what his diminished prodction will command in the market compared with when everything was rosy for him.

I just hope they don't let him test FA.

Hooligans
12-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Last I heard, he and the Giants were very close to agreeing on an extension. Did that ever happen, and if so, for how many years?

After this monumental collapse the Giants have to re-think about re-contracting and/or extending ANY of the current Giant players. Cruz disappeared about a month ago. Giants know they have to rebuild and now have to figure out where to spend their money before making any new deals.

RoanokeFan
12-25-2012, 02:22 PM
After this monumental collapse the Giants have to re-think about re-contracting and/or extending ANY of the current Giant players. Cruz disappeared about a month ago. Giants know they have to rebuild and now have to figure out where to spend their money before making any new deals.

He disappeared and yet has his back to back 1,000 yard seasons. Imagine if he hadn't disappeared?

BuffyBlueII
12-25-2012, 02:23 PM

He has gotten leveled a couple times this year and the hits by Reed and Clark were clean in my opinion. However, they did knock him for a loop.

Victor Cruz had some costly drops but I think it is kind of like when Eli thropws a dumb pick when he is trying to make something happen and I think Victor is already trying to run before he catches it. Victor will get a big contract from NY Giants and we need to keep him.

Flip Empty
12-25-2012, 05:31 PM
Did Cruz disappear or did his quarterback? Or the entire offense? Or the entire freaking team?

The current team destroyed the Packers and Niners this season, why on earth would they need to rebuild?

nycisgreat
12-25-2012, 09:10 PM

Yeah, I totally agree. I think his stock did go down this year. The guy has been the target of some vicious hits, and now you can see that he is thinking about getting hit and braces before he even catches the ball.

appodictic
12-25-2012, 09:22 PM
How does a receiver with back to back 1,000 yard season go down in value?

I think his value did go down. With nicks hurt his production was down. Not really dominating and not many huge games. It does not mean he is not good but it means he is not megatron good, he needs anouther strong WR on the team.

G-MENBK
12-25-2012, 09:52 PM
I think his value did go down. With nicks hurt his production was down. Not really dominating and not many huge games. It does not mean he is not good but it means he is not megatron good, he needs anouther strong WR on the team.

He has the same number of receptions as last season but he's 500 yards off-pace, and he's second in the league with dropped passes: 10.

NYGfanNC
12-26-2012, 09:36 AM
The only knock I have on Cruz is when he looks away from the ball before it's caught. I know why he does it, because his mind is already thinking "up field." But it makes me crazy.

I see the same thing but to me it looks like hes looking to see if he's about to get hit.

RoanokeFan
12-26-2012, 09:39 AM

How much of that is on Eli's decline?

FlyingTruck
12-26-2012, 09:40 AM
Never happened. His value went down some thoughn IMO. So it might help the Giants.Exactly how did his value go down?

Kez Simpson
12-26-2012, 10:12 AM
His value went down because he didn't achieve back to back 1500 yard seasons, morons.

RoanokeFan
12-26-2012, 10:16 AM
His value went down because he didn't achieve back to back 1500 yard seasons, morons.

Now I get it, and here I thought it was because of Chunky soup.

Moke
12-26-2012, 10:28 AM
Victor Cruz might be dumber than Mario Manningham. How hard is it to understand to catch the ball before looking up the field? I don't know if that is the coaches fault, his fault, or no one is saying anything. I'm starting to think he just doesn't understand that fundamental piece of football/sports.

Rudyy
12-26-2012, 10:30 AM
Victor Cruz might be dumber than Mario Manningham. How hard is it to understand to catch the ball before looking up the field? I don't know if that is the coaches fault, his fault, or no one is saying anything. I'm starting to think he just doesn't understand that fundamental piece of football/sports.Oh Kevin..

RagTime Blue
12-26-2012, 10:40 AM
I remember blasting people on here who stated that Cruz's production would go down from last season (due to several factors. . .most notably more attention from defenses). It turns out they were right.

I don't know if he's playing hurt or in a slump, or if his teammates (QB and rest of offense) are.

Moke
12-26-2012, 10:42 AM
I remember blasting people on here who stated that Cruz's production would go down from last season (due to several factors. . .most notably more attention from defenses). It turns out they were right.

I don't know if he's playing hurt or in a slump, or if his teammates (QB and rest of offense) are.

His performance last year was spectacular, so that's not even an awesome prediction. Cruz was obviously going to have a lower production.

RoanokeFan
12-26-2012, 10:44 AM

I think having back to back 1,000 yard seasons, the second of which came during a monumental offensive collapse to include Eli suggests Cruz is still a play maker. Predicting a receiver won't hit the 1,500 yard mark twice in a row is not ouija board material