PDA

View Full Version : Should or should not re-sign Black Unicorn?

SuperNYGiants
12-25-2012, 07:00 PM
I like his playing abilities, but wow he's too much talk, and he also has too much attitude. Ok, he's not Shockey bad in attitude but, he's very ****y, ****y enough to ignore Eli on the sidelines ****y.

Anyway, I'd say offer him something at least, but if his price is too high, I think we can get another TE just as productive. Don't break the bank for the Black Unicorn.

TheShouldersOf
12-25-2012, 07:01 PM
i say they should

M00KIE
12-25-2012, 07:06 PM
I wouldn't pay a crazy amount. But he's one of the guys I saw playing hard every week. I think he's worth keeping around for sure.

drewz
12-25-2012, 07:08 PM
I say we keep him and find a OC that will utilize him

laylow28
12-25-2012, 07:17 PM
I think the Unicorn is one of NYG must sign this offseason.

Hooligans
12-25-2012, 07:17 PM
I like his playing abilities, but wow he's too much talk, and he also has too much attitude. Ok, he's not Shockey bad in attitude but, he's very ****y, ****y enough to ignore Eli on the sidelines ****y.

Anyway, I'd say offer him something at least, but if his price is too high, I think we can get another TE just as productive. Don't break the bank for the Black Unicorn.

Bennet is gone...a 1 year experiment that wasn't a total failure, but he isn't worth it. The Giants will let him go because they have so many other holes to fill on the offensive line and the defensive front 7 - both lines got pushed around like little girls.

nycsportzfan
12-25-2012, 07:29 PM
I don't think hes a must sign at all.. Sure, i'd sign em if he was cheap enough but hes no must sign...

moosedrool
12-25-2012, 07:48 PM
I also think he's a must sign, Good run blocker, pass blocker, and pass receiver. Tough SOB too playing on that sprained knee. At age 25, he's in his prime and this is where you want to spend your salary cap money (age 24-28).

gmen0820
12-25-2012, 07:54 PM
He's a solid player. Fits what we do as it pertains to his in-line responsibilities, and we appear confident in flexing him as a Y-TE. We've thrown a lot at him, he seems to be a likable guy on the team, and he has upside as a redzone threat. I'd definitely resign him at a reasonable price.

Cloud57
12-25-2012, 07:57 PM
I think the "black unicorn" think he's better than he actually is. How would you know that? when he asks for more money.

gmen0820
12-25-2012, 08:16 PM
I think the "black unicorn" think he's better than he actually is. How would you know that? when he asks for more money.Well of course he asks for money, he's set to make $0 next year.

Paradroid
12-25-2012, 08:19 PM
Yeah. I like him. I don't think he has an attitude per se, he's just kinda goofy and doesn't take himself too seriously IMO, which I dig.

Unfortunately he reminds me of Brandon Pettigrew on the Lions. You see a lot of potential, but get the feeling it'll never totally come together for him. Drops being the biggest concern. I could be wrong, though. He's still young.

Parademon
12-25-2012, 08:41 PM
IMO, at 25yrs old, you sign him! He's the best TE the Giants have had since shockey. Don't see any better TEs out there either. Skins or Eagles pick him up, that will come back to haunt us.

appodictic
12-25-2012, 08:52 PM
He is a talented player, made a huge impact. I dont know how having a weapon like him did not free up cruz and nicks more. I mean with an injury he probably had one of the best seasons a giants TE ever had.

radar-ray
12-25-2012, 09:11 PM
He is a talented player, made a huge impact. I dont know how having a weapon like him did not free up cruz and nicks more. I mean with an injury he probably had one of the best seasons a giants TE ever had.This. A definite sign. We have so many other holes to fill (OL/LB/CB)

Flip Empty
12-25-2012, 09:15 PM
They're better off with him than without. I'd like to see him return.

bELIeve_in_Giants
12-25-2012, 09:37 PM
Yes. Besides being a good TE, he makes me laugh and his talk is harmless.

FBomb
12-25-2012, 09:37 PM
Yes, sign him. Don't over pay by any means, but it would be nice keeping around a TE that stays healthy for an entire season.

nycisgreat
12-25-2012, 10:30 PM

I don't mind seeing him back if Gilbride is gone because if KG stays, we will not see much of him.

gabriel_1
12-25-2012, 10:58 PM
Yes MB should be signed. He is good athlete and lets not forget that the Giants TE coach is a great one, last year he developed Jake Ballard and made him look decent. I believe though Adrien Robinson should be seeing more playing time, he is a raw player but I believe if Reese drafted him so early he should at least bring something to the table. Bear Pascoe is a good blocker, but not too much of a threat to the passing game; Robinson is too raw still; therefore Giants sign Bennet again.

GMENAGAIN
12-25-2012, 11:08 PM
I say we keep him and find a OC that will utilize him

Yes, we should build our coaching staff around him.

GameTime
12-25-2012, 11:32 PM
IMO....they guy has big time focus issues. You hear it in his interviews. His mind is all over the place. Effects his play and route running.
He is not necessary to the the teams success. They really dont need him.....

Evo'Ed
12-25-2012, 11:49 PM
I would love to have Bennett back. IMO he was underutilized and often open when Eli would look elsewhere.

I don't see an attitude problem with him; like some said before the guy is a bit goofy.

Sadly with our fairly big needs in CB, O-line, and D-line resigning Bennett maybe very difficult.

Let's hope he can give us a bit of a discount.

gmen0820
12-26-2012, 12:27 AM
IMO....they guy has big time focus issues. You hear it in his interviews. His mind is all over the place. Effects his play and route running.
He is not necessary to the the teams success. They really dont need him.....We really don't need a lot of players on this team. Bennett is a solid player at a thin spot on our team.

gmen0820
12-26-2012, 12:30 AM
I would love to have Bennett back. IMO he was underutilized and often open when Eli would look elsewhere.

I don't see an attitude problem with him; like some said before the guy is a bit goofy.

Sadly with our fairly big needs in CB, O-line, and D-line resigning Bennett maybe very difficult.

Let's hope he can give us a bit of a discount.What's Bennett done to prove he's worth more than that 1 year deal we gave him? He's had an okay season, but Pro Personnel Directors around the league probably aren't salivating at the idea of signing him.

moosedrool
12-26-2012, 01:00 AM
Bennett grades out as the 4th highest TE on PFF. Positive grades on run blocking, pass blocking, receiving, and penalties. Pretty good considering it's his first year here in this system, and 10 guys had more targets than him. And he is only 25 years old just entering his prime.

giantsfan420
12-26-2012, 01:40 AM
Depends on the offense of coordinator if we keep K G, we could have Witten or any All-Pro tight end and the results will look similar to this year. We need someone who knows how to utilize the tight end position because in today's game it's a matchup you can exploit. Honestly, I can't even think of another offense that doesn't want to utilize their tight end. Smh

Buto
12-26-2012, 03:38 AM
I think the "black unicorn" think he's better than he actually is. How would you know that? when he asks for more money.

They all think they are better than they really are. Of course he'll ask for more money.
So would I. I'd never ask my boss for the same pay as last year.
He and Hynoski are the most consistant job discription players on the offense.

titwio
12-26-2012, 04:38 AM
I don't know what this adds but...I had this dream last night that the Giants traded and got Kyle Rudolph. In my dream he was already on the team and the Giants were using him alongside Bennett in week 17 in duo TE offense. It was a great and awesome dream...

Then I woke up....(Thanks for listening)

Buto
12-26-2012, 05:47 AM
I don't know what this adds but...I had this dream last night that the Giants traded and got Kyle Rudolph. In my dream he was already on the team and the Giants were using him alongside Bennett in week 17 in duo TE offense. It was a great and awesome dream...

Then I woke up....(Thanks for listening)

Go right back to sleep and this time get Rudolph to sign a contract!

M00KIE
12-26-2012, 05:54 AM
What's Bennett done to prove he's worth more than that 1 year deal we gave him? He's had an okay season, but Pro Personnel Directors around the league probably aren't salivating at the idea of signing him.

He's been open an awful lot. Just because Eli chooses to go to Nicks/Cruz or whoever instead, doesn't= Bennett isn't doing his job.

C1010
12-26-2012, 08:21 AM
I believe he is a must sign. He is a perfect fit for what the Giants need, a blocker first who can catch. Granted we have more pressing needs but Bennett should be re signed.

DaKraken
12-26-2012, 08:23 AM
Keep him as long as its not some crazy contract

Mercury
12-26-2012, 10:13 AM
Nah, we have the JPP of TE on our roster in Robinson. All, he needs is a little coaching. He's getting that this year, so he will be good to go next year. JR won't bother to resign Bennett, who will command pretty big money on the open market because good TEs are hard to find.

But in all seriousness, Bennett may end up costing too much to resign. He probably should have been resigned in November.

poppa smurph
12-26-2012, 10:49 AM
I'd like to see him back, but it's gonna be money issue.some other team comes in and offers the kid a nice contract, he'll be gone. his blocking skills are an asset, something the new breed of TE isn't asked to do a lot of.

JayMas9
12-26-2012, 11:00 AM
I think we definitely should. Very solid blocker, and brings a level of athleticism to the TE position we haven't had since Shockey.

gmen0820
12-26-2012, 12:30 PM
He's been open an awful lot. Nice, I hope we resign him then, but getting open doesn't equal big bucks.

rebelfan1966
12-26-2012, 02:40 PM
I had to read this thread to see who the black unicorn was.....

Giantslb66
12-26-2012, 02:42 PM
I had to read this thread to see who the black unicorn was..... Really? At least you know now it isn't Bear Pascoe they are talking about!

rebelfan1966
12-26-2012, 02:44 PM
Really? At least you know now it isn't Bear Pascoe they are talking about!

lol