PDA

View Full Version : Linval Joseph EXTREMELY overrated

VBGiantsFan
12-26-2012, 09:45 AM
Not to add more salt to the wounds of our poor defense, but Linval Joseph has been a huge disappointment to me. I don't expect him to get to the QB as that is not his primary role/responsibility, but his run defense up the gut has been terrible. All season he has been blown off the ball by guards and many times 1 on 1. I know he's not one of our top names in the league, but he was touted as the strongest guy on your line and really didn't come to play this season.

Canty>>>Joseph

Tmurda1984
12-26-2012, 11:00 AM
Linval Joseph is a solid Defensive Tackle. He's not a great pass rusher like Geno Atkins and JJ Watts but still a good player developing. Joseph is a huge man and plays many snaps due to Reese not having adequate depth at that position. Reese should of known that Shaun Rogers was a joke, Austin would not contribute, Kuhn was still a 7th rd rookie, Bernand flashes one game out of the year, Canty is often injured, and Ojomo lol yea right. The Depth at that position was ridiculously terrible, the coaches had not choice but to keep Joseph in the game to play alot of Snaps.

Joseph is 10x's better than anyone else we have at DT....and is outplaying his 900k a year contract...How much is Canty making again? And thats were are problems start at when managing the cap.

GameTime
12-26-2012, 11:02 AM
ehhh.....how is any player on the DL overrated?? they all have to help each other scheme wise and nobody is really doing their job....
The DL is lackluster....even JPP isnt shedding blocks.. They are all playing tired and slow......

VBGiantsFan
12-26-2012, 11:02 AM
Linval Joseph is a solid Defensive Tackle. He's not a great pass rusher like Geno Atkins and JJ Watts but still a good player developing. Joseph is a huge man and plays many snaps due to Reese not having adequate depth at that position. Reese should of known that Shaun Rogers was a joke, Austin would not contribute, Kuhn was still a 7th rd rookie, Bernand flashes one game out of the year, Canty is often injured, and Ojomo lol yea right. The Depth at that position was ridiculously terrible, the coaches had not choice but to keep Joseph in the game to play alot of Snaps.

Joseph is 10x's better than anyone else we have at DT....and is outplaying his 900k a year contract...How much is Canty making again? And thats were are problems start at when managing the cap.

I agree Canty is overpaid, but he is definitely better than Joseph. Your point about depth is well received, and maybe that is part of the reason Joseph gets blown off the ball so much, but for such a large powerful man, he certainly doesn't seem to collapse the pocket and running backs have blasted us through the gut all season.

I do agree however, 34 year old Rogers wasn't a great idea (in retrospect), Austin can't stay healthy and doesn't contribute, Bernard is just too old so a lot of time goes to Joseph who is worn out.

C1010
12-26-2012, 11:23 AM
I think all things considering with all the injuries and personnel around him, Linval has been pulling his weight. Canty was out for half the season and during that time, everyone on here was singing Linval's praises. Austin has been out of football for 2-3 years, he's not going to be Warren Sapp in his first year back, he hasn't even gotten that much snaps. I personally liked the Rogers signing, it's just unfortunate we never saw him on the field, we could have really used him. Rocky has been serviceable but I'm sure he's on his way out. All I know is that we badly need to build up depth in the d-line and the o-line.

GMENAGAIN
12-26-2012, 11:44 AM
I think all things considering with all the injuries and personnel around him, Linval has been pulling his weight. Canty was out for half the season and during that time, everyone on here was singing Linval's praises. Austin has been out of football for 2-3 years, he's not going to be Warren Sapp in his first year back, he hasn't even gotten that much snaps. I personally liked the Rogers signing, it's just unfortunate we never saw him on the field, we could have really used him. Rocky has been serviceable but I'm sure he's on his way out. All I know is that we badly need to build up depth in the d-line and the o-line.

I think with the way our defense has been gouged by the run up the middle, it's hard to say that any of the DT's are playing well.