PDA

View Full Version : Tuck injured or a quitter ??

sheepdip
12-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Just throwing that out there ?

We know he has hinted on retirement because well he just isnt having much fun ??

I really hope he isnt faking.... I never saw his name on the injury report before this announcement.

joemorrisforprez
12-26-2012, 01:45 PM
I think he is injured, and I think his head is out of the game. Tuck is a classy guy, and I'll always think of him as one of the all-time Giants defensive greats. But I think it is time for him to retire.

jomo
12-26-2012, 01:48 PM
I think he is injured, and I think his head is out of the game. Tuck is a classy guy, and I'll always think of him as one of the all-time Giants defensive greats. But I think it is time for him to retire.He is a guy who has given us a great deal. Unfortunately, (for us) his head gets in the way sometimes when he is struggling physically or emotionally. It doesn't make him a bad guy, just a bad bet for us as a starter next year. It is time for us to bid him a fond farewell and reload with healthy bodies, interested in making their mark in this league.

Buddy333
12-26-2012, 01:52 PM
I think he used to be a dominant player and his shoulder is preventing from being who he once was and it as taken an effect on him. He seems to be a really good person. He probably hates that he can't pay at the level he once did.

M00KIE
12-26-2012, 02:00 PM
Probably a bit of both.

GameTime
12-26-2012, 02:17 PM
no way is he a quitter....
is he done playing at a high level and maybe doesnt have the drive lik ehe used to?/....Maybe.
But that doesnt make him a quitter.....just makes him done.

dakotajoe
12-26-2012, 02:18 PM
I believe it's the injuries. Certain players don't like talking about their injuries or making excuses.

PennState1
12-26-2012, 02:23 PM
If he retires this off-season.

Hooligans
12-26-2012, 02:34 PM
Just throwing that out there ?

We know he has hinted on retirement because well he just isnt having much fun ??

I really hope he isnt faking.... I never saw his name on the injury report before this announcement.

A little of both, but either way he is gone after the Eagle game.

embeshAtYa
12-26-2012, 02:52 PM
was never the same after first shoulder injury on a bull...cheap play. Confindence gone too

slipknottin
12-26-2012, 02:57 PM
His shoulder and neck have never been the same. And he has to fight through that pain to play.

Anybody who deals with chronic pain knows how hard it is to do things through it.

big blue dog
12-26-2012, 03:32 PM
Tuck may still be able to play i would not give up on him he might benefit from a little less d tackle he gives up a lot of size in there.Further more he has given his heart and sole to the team never a word about money or playing out of position go back to the 07 playoffs when he took marion barber to the wood shed i still believe he has something left if used correctly

sheepdip
12-26-2012, 05:34 PM
It has been a long time since he was chasing guys like Tomlinson down the field. Where is that Tuck.

Captain Chaos
12-26-2012, 05:37 PM
I believe that he is injured, agree with you slip he has never been the same after the injury last year and is having trouble fighting through the pain....In my mind he's a warrior for just strapping it on and going out there!

Cloud57
12-26-2012, 05:59 PM
Even when he's healthy he's proven to be ineffective

radar-ray
12-26-2012, 06:00 PM
Injured!

moosedrool
12-26-2012, 06:09 PM
Does this question even need to be asked? Only a phony Giants fan would even think Tuck isn't injured and past his prime. NFL stands for not for long, and at age 29 Tuck is done.

Banks_Reasons_Carson_LT
12-26-2012, 06:16 PM
He took the money then quit. He would have been a joke for the defense in the 80s

moosedrool
12-26-2012, 06:35 PM
He took the money then quit. He would have been a joke for the defense in the 80s

Oh please. The guy gave his all for this team for years and without him we don't have the last two super bowl victories. People like you make me sick.

GMENAGAIN
12-26-2012, 07:00 PM
This is what it has come to I guess, huh? One season removed from a SB victory, this thread accuses a player who was a huge part of our last two SB victories of faking injuries and being a quitter. I am embarrassed and ashamed for the OP and for anyone that agrees with this nonsense.

G-MENBK
12-26-2012, 07:07 PM
This is what it has come to I guess, huh? One season removed from a SB victory, this thread accuses a player who was a huge part of our last two SB victories of faking injuries and being a quitter. I am embarrassed and ashamed for the OP and for anyone that agrees with this nonsense.

After the first Super Bowl, he was still a force. Lately? You can not argue that this guy is the same type of player. And to the people saying "oh, but Tuck was a huge part of our last Super Bowl win," you know who else showed up during last year's playoffs?

Osi.

Both of these guys should be BENEFITING from the fact that teams are posting two players to defend JPP. Instead, what we get is the equivalent of horse manure.

moosedrool
12-26-2012, 07:12 PM
After the first Super Bowl, he was still a force. Lately? You can not argue that this guy is the same type of player..

Get a clue. Who is arguing Tuck is the same player? NOBODY. But when someone accuses Tuck, a guy who has sacrificed his body just to get on the field of being a quitter, well that is just plain disgusting.

Why don't you people look at LT's stats late in his career. They started to decline around age 30 (7, 5, 6 sacks his last 3 years). Was he a quitter too?

G-MENBK
12-26-2012, 07:15 PM
Get a clue. Who is arguing Tuck is the same player? NOBODY. But when you accuse a guy who has sacrificed his body just to get on the field of being a quitter, well that is just plain disgusting.

Some of the games we've seen from him narrow it down to two things: either he is in fact hurt or the guy is just calling it in. I mean, Tuck has gone on record saying that he's mentally drained and he doesn't know if he'll still be in the game, so it's not like people are conjuring things out of their asses.

Sucks because the guy is only 29 years-old.

moosedrool
12-26-2012, 07:22 PM
Sucks because the guy is only 29 years-old.

Only 29? Most players stats decline significantly around age 30. Occasionally a guy like Strahan plays well in his 30's, but that is very rare. Again, look at LT's stats when he hit 30 (7, 5, 6 sacks his last 3 years).

G-MENBK
12-26-2012, 07:32 PM
Only 29? Most players stats decline significantly around age 30. Occasionally a guy like Strahan plays well in his 30's, but that is very rare. Again, look at LT's stats when he hit 30 (7, 5, 6 sacks his last 3 years).

LT had 13 seasons to Tuck's 8, and his decline started when he was in his 30s. LT retired when he was 34. I don't see Tuck still playing until age 32, let alone 34.

moosedrool
12-26-2012, 07:35 PM
LT had 13 seasons to Tuck's 8, and his decline started when he was in his 30s. LT retired when he was 34. I don't see Tuck still playing until age 32, let alone 34.

Since you didn't see it the first time:

Most players stats decline significantly around age 30.

G-MENBK
12-26-2012, 07:43 PM
Since you didn't see it the first time:

Most players stats decline significantly around age 30.

Great. He's 29 and playing like ****.

moosedrool
12-26-2012, 07:46 PM
Great. He's 29 and playing like ****.

Yea. Nobody is arguing that he is playing good, so what's your point?

G-MENBK
12-26-2012, 07:49 PM
Yea. Nobody is arguing that he is playing good, so what's your point?

Nothing. You're the one who found issue that I said it sucks the guy is playing subpar at 29.

moosedrool
12-26-2012, 07:54 PM
Nothing. You're the one who found issue that I said it sucks the guy is playing subpar at 29.

You have an amazing grasp of the obvious.

giantfanatic
12-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Kind of funny people comparing the longevity / production of an all time top 5 NFL talent to an overachiever who was drafted in the 4th? Round. I know Taylor lasted longer but he was a hell of a lot better on day one and year 9 than Tuck. And his three year drop was all he could stomach before he called it quits. lets compare Tuck to Marshall or Hammer. He's right there at or above them. If he's done, he gets nothing but praise from me. I think he retires.

moosedrool
12-26-2012, 08:00 PM
Kind of funny people comparing the longevity / production of an all time top 5 NFL talent to an overachiever who was drafted in the 4th? Round. I know Taylor lasted longer but he was a hell of a lot better on day one and year 9 than Tuck. And his three year drop was all he could stomach before he called it quits. lets compare Tuck to Marshall or Hammer. He's right there at or above them. If he's done, he gets nothing but praise from me. I think he retires.

It wasn't a good 1-1 comparison, but it was just one example of how production from even the greatest of all time drops significantly around age 30.

G-MENBK
12-26-2012, 08:02 PM
It wasn't a good 1-1 comparison, but it was just one example of how production from even the greatest of all time drops significantly around age 30.

Great. He played less seasons than some of our greatest defenders and he's going to be done at 29.

Redeyejedi
12-26-2012, 08:09 PM
It pisses me off so much that Flozell Adams ruined his career the guy is piece of trash. To bad someone didnt roll onto his frickin knees and tear everything up so he couldnt play anymore either

GMENAGAIN
12-26-2012, 08:51 PM
After the first Super Bowl, he was still a force. Lately? You can not argue that this guy is the same type of player. And to the people saying "oh, but Tuck was a huge part of our last Super Bowl win," you know who else showed up during last year's playoffs?

Osi.

Both of these guys should be BENEFITING from the fact that teams are posting two players to defend JPP. Instead, what we get is the equivalent of horse manure.

Who's saying he is the same player?

I'm just not willing to assume that the drop-off is because this proud champion suddenly became a quitter or soft. I believe that it's because his body will no longer do what his mind wants it to. The fact that Giants fans will drop this guy like a bad habit and call him a soft quitter when he is obviously struggling physically is just disgusting . . . . .

slipknottin
12-26-2012, 09:09 PM
Great. He played less seasons than some of our greatest defenders and he's going to be done at 29.

Yea, injuries tend to do that.

Tuck was a damn good player, 2x all-pro, one of the best all around DEs in the league for about a 3-4 year span there.

Its a total shame that his career has derailed early because of injury, but there is nothing he could do about that, he gave it all every game he could.

I will always absolutely love Tuck for what he contributed to the giants.

Buddy333
12-26-2012, 09:40 PM
Yea, injuries tend to do that.Tuck was a damn good player, 2x all-pro, one of the best all around DEs in the league for about a 3-4 year span there. Its a total shame that his career has derailed early because of injury, but there is nothing he could do about that, he gave it all every game he could.I will always absolutely love Tuck for what he contributed to the giants.This. Lots of people say that Eli beat Brady twice in the Super Bowl. No, the defense beat him twice and Tuck was the MVP of the defense in both Super Bowl wins.

G-MENBK
12-26-2012, 09:47 PM
This. Lots of people say that Eli beat Brady twice in the Super Bowl. No, the defense beat him twice and Tuck was the MVP of the defense in both Super Bowl wins.

And Osi came to play in the playoffs last year, too.

You mean we still give Tuck another shot, and for that matter, Osi too?

GMENAGAIN
12-26-2012, 09:50 PM
And Osi came to play in the playoffs last year, too.

You mean we still give Tuck another shot, and for that matter, Osi too?

For some reason this is not getting through to you.

No one is disputing that there has been a serious drop-off in Tuck's game. Most Giants fans, however, understand that the drop-off is due to physical problems that just prevent him from performing at his previous level. Truly dumb Giants fans say that the drop-off is because this two-time champion is soft or quit.

Get it now?

Buddy333
12-26-2012, 09:52 PM
And Osi came to play in the playoffs last year, too. You mean we still give Tuck another shot, and for that matter, Osi too?What?

G-MENBK
12-26-2012, 09:56 PM
For some reason this is not getting through to you.

No one is disputing that there has been a serious drop-off in Tuck's game. Most Giants fans, however, understand that the drop-off is due to physical problems that just prevent him from performing at his previous level. Truly dumb Giants fans say that the drop-off is because this two-time champion is soft or quit.

Get it now?

Guy, I'm not disputing that. I am only getting irked by people who think Tuck still has the potential to play for this team and they bring up Tuck's Super Bowl performance.

If we're going by that train of thought, then we might as well do the same for Osi who did come up with big plays for us during last year's playoffs.

If he's injured, mentally drained, or even soft, it doesn't negate the fact he's been playing like the ****s. Sucks because he's 29; thought we could get a couple more seasons out of him.