PDA

View Full Version : The Eli Manning Appreciation Thread

bigjeep
12-26-2012, 02:17 PM
Lots of fans now bashing the guy that gave us two come from behind SB wins! Earlier this year he also gave us a few wins we didn't deserve. I think the players let Eli down in the second half. The offensive line became very offensive. Eli was running for his life forced into trying to make plays that were not there. And the defense stunk to high heaven. HE WILL BE BACK!

GameTime
12-26-2012, 02:22 PM
I totally appreciate him.
I also totally bash him when he plays seemingly like a high schooler. His inconsistency is part of who he is unfortunately. I dont think that will ever change.
But if and the team can put a seasons like 07 and 11 every now and then thats fine by me.

giantsfan420
12-26-2012, 02:22 PM
I kind of agree. Its like the team was relaxing a lil knowing eli did what he did last yr. Doesnt work like that tho. U cant expect him to bail the team out year after year. He hasnt played his best, but imo its bc hes had no chance to with the ol/dl. Elis the kind of qb who will try to overcome the bad defensive play, but it leads to forced throws and t.o. vs balt, eli seemed to me like he was nt gonna do that and just do his job. And look at the result. Terrible play from the team

Rudyy
12-26-2012, 02:23 PM
I will never root for a QB that doesn't live up to my expectations

Roosevelt
12-26-2012, 02:24 PM
Notice a trend?

GameTime
12-26-2012, 02:24 PM
I will never root for a QB that doesn't live up to my expectations
you just have to lower your expectations....:)

Rudyy
12-26-2012, 02:30 PM
you just have to lower your expectations....:)Not really. I just don't expect one person year after year to save a team

giantsfan420
12-26-2012, 02:32 PM
Not really. I just don't expect one person year after year to save a teamso funny when ppl fail to realize thats why theyre upset at him, bc he isnt overcoming the horrendius play from the d. Dont get me wrong, eli has his flaws and has sucked himself, but imo its bc this season he has forced his play in hopes of overcoming the teams flaws

Mlerman17
12-26-2012, 02:33 PM
If the giants didn't have so many short rushing tds then Eli would have much better stats. His 21 tds are somewhat misleading but his overall play has been down from 2011 due to a combination of poor game planning (predictable), Wrs unable to get open, and a poor pass blocking oline (especially with David diehl). Next year he should rebound with some roster improvements.

Rudyy
12-26-2012, 02:36 PM
so funny when ppl fail to realize thats why theyre upset at him, bc he isnt overcoming the horrendius play from the d. Dont get me wrong, eli has his flaws and has sucked himself, but imo its bc this season he has forced his play in hopes of overcoming the teams flawsNobody is going to admit this, but because he isn't saving our *** every game he "sucks". Or because he can't find receivers open he "sucks". I do agree that it's a down year for him, but if you seriously believe everyone else was great while he sucked it up, it's a damn shame.

joemorrisforprez
12-26-2012, 02:49 PM
Lots of fans now bashing the guy that gave us two come from behind SB wins! Earlier this year he also gave us a few wins we didn't deserve. I think the players let Eli down in the second half. The offensive line became very offensive. Eli was running for his life forced into trying to make plays that were not there. And the defense stunk to high heaven. HE WILL BE BACK!

Not to spam, but look at the guys who came up big when the Giants rescued their season and won the Super Bowl last year:

Eli Manning, Justin Tuck, Osi, JPP, Webster, Ross, Manningham, Bradshaw, Diehl, Nicks, Cruz, Snee, Beatty, Baas, Boley, Blackburn, Kiwi, Canty, Linval Joseph.

There are probably a few others I forgot to mention.

Okay, of those guys, does Eli Manning jump off the page as the one who is having the worst season?

The Giants lost Manningham, Jacobs, Ballard, and Ross

Tuck and Osi have been non-factors....JPP has suffered as a result. Boley went from being a stud to being an average linebacker. Blackburn has stayed steady, but he shouldn't be our top LB. Diehl is declining. Webster has been terribly inconsistent. Bradshaw and Nicks have been banged up all season. Cruz has suffered from the loss of Nicks, the loss of Manningham, and a gameplan that hasn't adjusted well. Snee is either banged up or losing a little. Same goes for Canty. Kiwi is the victim of Fewell's schemes..... Linval Joseph has been one of the few steady guys out there.

So, in short, I'm actually amazed this team could go 9-7 this year again, considering how many key contributors from 2011 simply haven't gotten the job done.

Eli Manning is one of the only reasons why this team isn't 4-11 right now.

RoanokeFan
12-26-2012, 02:55 PM

Appreciating him and acknowledging when he's not playing well are not mutually exclusive. He is not THE problem, but he's part of the problem lately.

Rudyy
12-26-2012, 02:59 PM
Appreciating him and acknowledging when he's not playing well are not mutually exclusive. He is not THE problem, but he's part of the problem lately.There are posts where people are blaming just him/his noodle arm/athleticism, and other ridiculousness. Not his play.

RoanokeFan
12-26-2012, 03:06 PM
There are posts where people are blaming just him/his noodle arm/athleticism, and other ridiculousness. Not his play.

Yes, as there are about Cruz being off because he does commercials. If you're looking for common sense here.......Fans are VERY emotional and that's how they express themselves.

The thing we seem to forget is how the players feel when they play as they did the last two weeks. I'm guessing they are more critical of themselves, with possible one exception, than we could ever be.

I hope, when the OP says "HE"LL BE BACK", that happens. I need to see some sign of that before I completely embrace the thought.

tcseacliff
12-26-2012, 03:08 PM
you just have to lower your expectations....:)

that was good!

that being said, Eli has to constantly adjust to his receivers and defenders,so why can't they adjust when he is a little off? they don't respect him enough! Go Eli!

RoanokeFan
12-26-2012, 03:22 PM
that was good!

that being said, Eli has to constantly adjust to his receivers and defenders,so why can't they adjust when he is a little off? they don't respect him enough! Go Eli!

Don't encourage him

Sarcasman
12-26-2012, 03:28 PM
He should appreciate the situation and the team he was a part of that won 2 SBs.
The team should appreciate his role in those 2 SB wins.

I would appreciate it if he would play at a very high level more consistently.

Is that what you meant?

GameTime
12-26-2012, 04:00 PM
Don't encourage him

:confused:

jomo
12-26-2012, 04:02 PM
All the Eli threads both pro and con seem to go about 300 posts before runnng out of steam. Funny thing is, they have mostly the same people saying the same things about him over and over and did I say over again? Let's see how far this one goes. Vegas has the over/under post total at 298.

Buddy333
12-26-2012, 04:12 PM
So making $100 million means you don't have to carry our team every year? Ok.

RoanokeFan
12-26-2012, 04:56 PM
:confused:

:cool:

Morehead State
12-26-2012, 05:20 PM
All the Eli threads both pro and con seem to go about 300 posts before runnng out of steam. Funny thing is, they have mostly the same people saying the same things about him over and over and did I say over again? Let's see how far this one goes. Vegas has the over/under post total at 298.
Count me out.