PDA

View Full Version : Eagles fan here. I come in peace!

gingerob
12-26-2012, 04:19 PM
Hi Gmen,

I am travelling over from the UK tomorrow to NYC and I will be attending the game with the great Eagles at your house.
Any thing I need to know about coming as an overseas Eagles fan? Apart from the ball busting and you guys mentioning something called a SuperBow?

I'll be staying in Manhattan so is the train from Penn station to the Metlife stadium changing at Secaucus Junction on the way?

ProfessorCrue
12-26-2012, 07:39 PM
my friend, its been days since anyone said anything in here. the giants fans have suffered a serious case of realistic reality regarding their team. they realize they aint going to the playoffs now and well, quite frankly, they know they dont have a good team

GMENAGAIN
12-26-2012, 08:26 PM
my friend, its been days since anyone said anything in here. the giants fans have suffered a serious case of realistic reality regarding their team. they realize they aint going to the playoffs now and well, quite frankly, they know they dont have a good team

A "case of realistic reality"?? lol That's all you have?

ProfessorCrue
12-26-2012, 08:48 PM
A "case of realistic reality"?? lol That's all you have?

if you are referring to me as trying to be insulting, i wasnt. i think the simple truth speaks great volumes alone. the word shame comes to mind when i think of the giants. i dont want to rub it in to much.

GMENAGAIN
12-26-2012, 08:52 PM
if you are referring to me as trying to be insulting, i wasnt. i think the simple truth speaks great volumes alone. the word shame comes to mind when i think of the giants. i dont want to rub it in to much.

What word comes to mind when you think of the Cowboys?

appodictic
12-26-2012, 08:54 PM
Hi Gmen,

I am travelling over from the UK tomorrow to NYC and I will be attending the game with the great Eagles at your house.
Any thing I need to know about coming as an overseas Eagles fan? Apart from the ball busting and you guys mentioning something called a SuperBow?

I'll be staying in Manhattan so is the train from Penn station to the Metlife stadium changing at Secaucus Junction on the way?

Have fun at the game. Try not to join ranks with any eagles fans that look dangerous and want to start trouble :)

ProfessorCrue
12-26-2012, 08:56 PM
What word comes to mind when you think of the Cowboys?

finesse

GMENAGAIN
12-26-2012, 08:57 PM
finesse

Ah . . . a fancy word for soft. Nailed it!

ProfessorCrue
12-26-2012, 09:14 PM
Ah . . . a fancy word for soft. Nailed it!

lol, hey whatever makes you feel better i guess...

however, lil eli is about as soft as they come. it showed this yr. the upcoming future doesnt look to good for the lil g's.

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-26-2012, 10:00 PM

however, lil eli is about as soft as they come. it showed this yr. the upcoming future doesnt look to good for the lil g's.ProfessorClunk, your words of wisdom are always welcome here!

giantyankee1976
12-26-2012, 10:04 PM
finesse

...what a dip ****

NYCDBS
12-27-2012, 01:27 AM

however, lil eli is about as soft as they come. it showed this yr. the upcoming future doesnt look to good for the lil g's.

Im sorry but what team do you root for again? Oh yes the Cowboys... and How bout Dem Boys with Mr. Romo at the helm. Seems he comes up short in the biggest of games? Our Quarterback SOFT? If history serves me it seems that ELI has proved his toughness time and time again in the biggest of spots. What has Mr. Romo done besides prove he plays second fiddle to a Man famous for delectable RIBS?

Toadofsteel
12-27-2012, 01:35 AM
To the OP: You do have to realize that mixing Giants and Eagles fans is like mixing Man U and Liverpool fans, right?

ProfessorCrue
12-27-2012, 01:50 AM
Im sorry but what team do you root for again? Oh yes the Cowboys... and How bout Dem Boys with Mr. Romo at the helm. Seems he comes up short in the biggest of games? Our Quarterback SOFT? If history serves me it seems that ELI has proved his toughness time and time again in the biggest of spots. What has Mr. Romo done besides prove he plays second fiddle to a Man famous for delectable RIBS?
yup your qb is a softy this yr. Romo? well he's playing far superior to lil eli this yr. thats just the way it is.

NYCDBS
12-27-2012, 01:59 AM
yup your qb is a softy this yr. Romo? well he's playing far superior to lil eli this yr. thats just the way it is.

You spoke specifically about toughness... Not who's having a better year statistically. And by the way even though ELI is having an off year it took an Epic collapse of this team to keep us from running away with this division. We aren't even out of it yet... Romo on the other hand with his "great" year is exactly where ELI is fighting to get into the playoffs. Romo for all of his big numbers and great stats cant get it done. Winning the big one is all that matters around here Romo is the softest there is when it comes crunch time... Thats just the way it is.

ProfessorCrue
12-27-2012, 02:15 AM
You spoke specifically about toughness... Not who's having a better year statistically. And by the way even though ELI is having an off year it took an Epic collapse of this team to keep us from running away with this division. We aren't even out of it yet... Romo on the other hand with his "great" year is exactly where ELI is fighting to get into the playoffs. Romo for all of his big numbers and great stats cant get it done. Winning the big one is all that matters around here Romo is the softest there is when it comes crunch time... Thats just the way it is.

instead of posting a reply to this drivel, we are going to revist this thread after sunday night.....i bet you wont show. thats just the way it is with you giants fans

NYCDBS
12-27-2012, 02:27 AM
Drivel... I guess that's appropriate when you have no intelligible response... Good luck Sunday you're going to need it.

ProfessorCrue
12-27-2012, 02:50 AM
Drivel... I guess that's appropriate when you have no intelligible response... Good luck Sunday you're going to need it.

its appropriate since you seem to be arguing the same case in two different threads. thus why we will revisit this thread after sunday night and check out how some of your words worked out

G-MENBK
12-27-2012, 03:08 AM
instead of posting a reply to this drivel, we are going to revist this thread after sunday night.....i bet you wont show. thats just the way it is with you giants fans

Wake me up when you do something in the playoffs.

ShakeandBake
12-27-2012, 10:58 AM

Similar to how you disappeared from these boards, eh? Same old song and dance from you, one would think after years of experience you would be a better troll by now.

Sarcasman
12-27-2012, 11:51 AM
Wake me up when you do something in the playoffs.

That'll be a lot of beauty sleep. YOu may want to change your u/n to Rip Van G-MenBK.

Moke
12-27-2012, 11:52 AM

This guy came in here asking a question, and you derailed the thread. What a life you have dude.

Sarcasman
12-27-2012, 11:57 AM
This guy came in here asking a question, and you derailed the thread. What a life you have dude.

You can't realistically expect a ******bag to stop acting like one. It's unnatural.

gingerob
12-27-2012, 01:39 PM
Yep its why i was asking. Should be good fun

gingerob
12-27-2012, 01:43 PM
This guy came in here asking a question, and you derailed the thread. What a life you have dude.That's those cowgirls for you. When it's too cold to hump a bull they troll for the attention

clawwolf
12-27-2012, 01:56 PM

Wow. Really. An eagles fan posts about Sundays game you somehow try to trash the giants - with a serious case of bad grammar, nonetheless. Just go back to your own damn team's message board. Talk about no life, geez.

ProfessorCrue
12-27-2012, 01:58 PM
i am sensing some unhappy vibes in here. hmm, i wonder why....

Moke
12-27-2012, 02:00 PM
i am sensing some unhappy vibes in here. hmm, i wonder why....

hardy hardy hardy, you're team will not relevant until Tony Romo is gone.

ProfessorCrue
12-27-2012, 02:25 PM
hardy hardy hardy, you're team will not relevant until Tony Romo is gone.
define relevant in your opinion,

let me ask a scenario here. lets say Dallas loses this sunday nite but Romo has a great game. lot of yards, multiple td's, no ints, and a 100 plus rating. yanno, kinda like he has for the past couple months; even in defeat. but anyways, if they lose and Romo has a great game, does that constitute him as being irrelevant? does he get the "choke" label from you rival fans just cause the team loses? lets face it, the only time Romo has ever "choked" was that seattle fumble a few yrs back. sure he has had bad games w multiple td's, but ive never seen him "choke" the season away other than that fumble. you giants fan would like to say he choked against you guys in the playoffs a few yrs ago as well on the last play of the game when he threw it in the endzone. that was basically like a hail mary play. dont see how that is defined as "choked". you guys talk about lil eli and his two rings, yet that doesnt escape the fact that this year, eli is the one who has consistently choked this second half of the season while Romo has played elite. so since the game is defined by how its being played out now, it would seem like now, eli is the choker.

i am still not making any predictions about who wins this sunday night. its the defense that has me worried. brees carved up the middle of the field all day last week against the D and i think the skins are gonna do the same. if we lose it will be because of the defense, not romo

Moke
12-27-2012, 02:26 PM
define relevant in your opinion,

let me ask a scenario here. lets say Dallas loses this sunday nite but Romo has a great game. lot of yards, multiple td's, no ints, and a 100 plus rating. yanno, kinda like he has for the past couple months; even in defeat. but anyways, if they lose and Romo has a great game, does that constitute him as being irrelevant? does he get the "choke" label from you rival fans just cause the team loses? lets face it, the only time Romo has ever "choked" was that seattle fumble a few yrs back. sure he has had bad games w multiple td's, but ive never seen him "choke" the season away other than that fumble. you giants fan would like to say he choked against you guys in the playoffs a few yrs ago as well on the last play of the game when he threw it in the endzone. that was basically like a hail mary play. dont see how that is defined as "choked". you guys talk about lil eli and his two rings, yet that doesnt escape the fact that this year, eli is the one who has consistently choked this second half of the season while Romo has played elite. so since the game is defined by how its being played out now, it would seem like now, eli is the choker.

i am still not making any predictions about who wins this sunday night. its the defense that has me worried. brees carved up the middle of the field all day last week against the D and i think the skins are gonna do the same. if we lose it will be because of the defense, not romo

This seems like an insecure statement, for an insecure fanbase.

Won't respond further.

ProfessorCrue
12-27-2012, 02:28 PM
This seems like an insecure statement, for an insecure fanbase.

Won't respond further.
lol, its not a statement at all. its a scenario that i am calling you out on. you do know what a scenario is right?

Moke
12-27-2012, 02:29 PM
lol, its not a statement at all. its a scenario that i am calling you out on. you do know what a scenario is right?

It's a scenario that is so dumb. You obviously care so much about people calling your QB a choker; that's why you're asking if he'll still be called a "choker".

IF I PASS THIS TEST, WILL I STOP BEING CALLED A MORON? I HOPE SO.

ProfessorCrue
12-27-2012, 02:33 PM
It's a scenario that is so dumb. You obviously care so much about people calling your QB a choker; that's why you're asking if he'll still be called a "choker".

IF I PASS THIS TEST, WILL I STOP BEING CALLED A MORON? I HOPE SO.

lol, ok obviously you cant play the smack talk game so you're officially dismissed

Moke
12-27-2012, 02:36 PM
lol, ok obviously you cant play the smack talk game so you're officially dismissed

What's a smack talk game? Do people automatically lose when you tell another person they lose the smack talk game?

Confused.

GreenGuy
12-27-2012, 06:09 PM
Actually rooting for the Cowboys this week. Skins fans have been getting a little ****y and Giants fans....no comment.Anyways OP, be careful. You're from England so you're probably used to hostile sporting events but Giants fans don't take to kindly to Cowboys and Eagles fans. Especially in the upper deck. Keep a clean nose and cover up your jersey in the parking lot. Also, try to stay out of the urinals and porta potties.

gingerob
12-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Actually rooting for the Cowboys this week. Skins fans have been getting a little ****y and Giants fans....no comment.Anyways OP, be careful. You're from England so you're probably used to hostile sporting events but Giants fans don't take to kindly to Cowboys and Eagles fans. Especially in the upper deck. Keep a clean nose and cover up your jersey in the parking lot. Also, try to stay out of the urinals and porta potties.Cheers, yeah I have been to some Nasty ones in England. I'm in lower end zone

miked1958
12-27-2012, 08:02 PM
It'd be so funny if the Vikings and bears lost and we won. Then with a chance to win the NFCE and knock out the hated giants at the same time romo and the cowboys lay another egg like they did vs Philly (44-6) and giants (31-14). That's right the cowboys who have been outscored 75-20 in winner take all games would not only get manhandled in another crucial game but send the giants back into playoffs to defend their title. So if (and that's a BIG IF) the giants somehow made of back and won another Title they'd have the cowboys to thank for it.

miked1958
12-27-2012, 08:03 PM
If all fell into place and we made it back in while cowboys were eliminated you think Cre would show back up here Sunday night

Parademon
12-27-2012, 08:12 PM
Who would the Giants play if they do make the playoffs?

GreenGuy
12-27-2012, 08:21 PM
It'd be so funny if the Vikings and bears lost and we won. Then with a chance to win the NFCE and knock out the hated giants at the same time romo and the cowboys lay another egg like they did vs Philly (44-6) and giants (31-14). That's right the cowboys who have been outscored 75-20 in winner take all games would not only get manhandled in another crucial game but send the giants back into playoffs to defend their title. So if (and that's a BIG IF) the giants somehow made of back and won another Title they'd have the cowboys to thank for it. Wouldn't surprise me. With the huge horseshoe that's always up your asses, I could see this happening.

miked1958
12-27-2012, 09:51 PM
Wouldn't surprise me. With the huge horseshoe that's always up your asses, I could see this happening.dont know about the whole horseshoe thing but you are right, any team that goes all the way has to have a bit of luck on their side. We had it last year and in 07. This year the skins and Seattle seem to have it.. Look at the play in the endzone vs GB for the hawks. Look at the hit rg3 took vs us dislodging him from the ball. The ball bounce right to a skins WR who goes in for a TD. That's the kind of luck needed in a SB season

LT Stands For Greatness
12-28-2012, 10:49 AM
Hi Gmen,

Your best bet....respect your team, but don't disrespect the Giants and their fans. Don't stand up after every Eagles first down and point first down like the referees. Cheer for your team, but don't over-do it. Don't talk smack. Talk football. Yes, if you wear Eagles colors, jerseys, logos, etc, you will get heckled. Just take it in stride. If you ignore it, you'll be fine. If you respond to it, the heckling will get worse. Visiting a division rival stadium is mostly a rough experience. But, if you ignore the crap, you will have a better fan experience.

Take the train into Secaucus Jct and transfer. The Meadowlands spur runs off of the Pascack Valley line. The train lets you off by the SAP gate (former MetLife Gate). Going clockwise from there, the gates are Verizon, the Great Hall, Pepsi, Bud Light, Players Entrance and back to SAP. There are many ways to get into the stadium. In the end zones, there is a ramp going from ground to the 300 level....similar to the old Yankee Stadium, if you are familiar with that. There are also stairs that go from ground to the 300 level (196 steps to the top if you feel like working out your legs). There are 3 escalators at the Pepsi, Verizon and SAP gates that go from level to level. There are only 2 escalators at the Bud Light gate since the truck entrances are there. Section 101 is between the Pepsi & Bud light gate and the section numbers increase clockwise from there. Section 125 is in the area between the SAP & Verizon gate. So, that should give you a pretty good idea on how to get around the stadium. There is a room, it may be worth seeing even though you are an Eagles fan, its called the Legacy Room. Its all Giants memorbilia and history. The Vince Lombardi Trophies and George Halas Trophies are on display. I say that not to break your chops, but just to see the Super Bowl Trophies in person are pretty cool. You can see what details are engraved on the trophies after the Super Bowl and before the next regular season. Its a vantage point that you don't normally get to see, especially since you live across the pond. If you are interested in seeing it, go to the great hall between the Pepsi Gate & Verizon Gate, turn left. Go up the stairs. You'll see the long line on the right. Its above the team store.

Enjoy the game! Have a good time!

Toadofsteel
12-28-2012, 11:35 AM
Like I said earlier, just pretend you're showing up at Old Trafford wearing a Liverpool jersey. That's the easiest analogy I can find so that UK fans of American football can understand just what is going on with a good number of divisional rivalries in the NFL.

gingerob
12-28-2012, 12:56 PM
Your best bet....respect your team, but don't disrespect the Giants and their fans. Don't stand up after every Eagles first down and point first down like the referees. Cheer for your team, but don't over-do it. Don't talk smack. Talk football. Yes, if you wear Eagles colors, jerseys, logos, etc, you will get heckled. Just take it in stride. If you ignore it, you'll be fine. If you respond to it, the heckling will get worse. Visiting a division rival stadium is mostly a rough experience. But, if you ignore the crap, you will have a better fan experience. So act like a **** and you get treated like one! Show respect when in someone else's house and you'll be OK. That's for the reply its really good.

Sarcasman
12-28-2012, 12:56 PM
dont know about the whole horseshoe thing but you are right, any team that goes all the way has to have a bit of luck on their side. We had it last year and in 07. This year the skins and Seattle seem to have it.. Look at the play in the endzone vs GB for the hawks. Look at the hit rg3 took vs us dislodging him from the ball. The ball bounce right to a skins WR who goes in for a TD. That's the kind of luck needed in a SB season

The horseshoe thing is just an Eagles fan's way of making himself feel better about his team.

Sarcasman
12-28-2012, 01:02 PM
Your best bet....respect your team, but don't disrespect the Giants and their fans. Don't stand up after every Eagles first down and point first down like the referees. Cheer for your team, but don't over-do it. Don't talk smack. Talk football. Yes, if you wear Eagles colors, jerseys, logos, etc, you will get heckled. Just take it in stride. If you ignore it, you'll be fine. If you respond to it, the heckling will get worse. Visiting a division rival stadium is mostly a rough experience. But, if you ignore the crap, you will have a better fan experience.

This is excellent advice. I have spent a lot of time with other teams fans here and have been to games in other team's buildings. I've never had a problem. Patriots, Cowboys, Redskins, Eagles....never had a problem in any stadium...mainly because I've always respected the whole team...sure I want my team to win but no one wants some obnoxious jerk off shoving every positive play made by his team in their collective faces.

And yes, I've seen fans from other teams get into fights here, but in every case the fan was exactly the kind of obnoxious jerk off I just described above.

ProfessorCrue
12-28-2012, 04:43 PM
If all fell into place and we made it back in while cowboys were eliminated you think Cre would show back up here Sunday night

if this happens, most likely be back here on monday

raintheory
12-28-2012, 05:34 PM
if you are referring to me as trying to be insulting, i wasnt. i think the simple truth speaks great volumes alone. the word shame comes to mind when i think of the giants. i dont want to rub it in to much. 15 years 1 playoff win and you talk about shame?

ProfessorCrue
12-28-2012, 05:42 PM
15 years 1 playoff win and you talk about shame?

yup, eli was very shameful this yr

SlyFoxx
12-28-2012, 08:50 PM
WTF is going on here? Dude from across the pond asks for some simple info and 5 pages of utter unrelated s--t is the result. ProfCrue you started it. You need to apologize first then the rest of the jerk-offs can do so in turn.

ProfessorCrue
12-28-2012, 09:05 PM
WTF is going on here? Dude from across the pond asks for some simple info and 5 pages of utter unrelated s--t is the result. ProfCrue you started it. You need to apologize first then the rest of the jerk-offs can do so in turn.

hey all i said was the truth. it had been days since anyone had said anything in here and i was trying to help the person realize this so that they could find the info they were seeking in a different forum perhaps. everyone else started attacking

GentleGiant
12-29-2012, 01:10 AM
Hi Gmen,

Rules for being an eagles fan.

Boo santa claus.

that is all.

Oh and eagles fans love it when you boo at people with down syndrome or throw rocks at refs.

GreenGuy
12-29-2012, 02:02 AM
Rules for being an eagles fan.

Boo santa claus.

that is all.

Oh and eagles fans love it when you boo at people with down syndrome or throw rocks at refs.

OP, dont listen to this kid.

Also, expect Giants fans to do things like chant "****hole" at you for minding your own buisness, purposely pee on your back in the urinal and harass your wife/gf/daughter if they're with you.

Die-Hard
12-29-2012, 09:02 AM
Expect some verbal barbs, but as long as you dont act like a fool, run your mouth or start trouble, you should be perfectly ok.