PDA

View Full Version : Cruz/Pro Bowl question

elitocruz
12-26-2012, 07:17 PM
Wasn't he selected to the roster as an alternate last year? Then he was needed to play as an injury replacement, and obviously couldn't due to the Super Bowl? just curious. (btw, Giants need to finish that contract and lock this dude up. Imagine the passing game this year if he wasn't around?! Way more reliable than Nicks. Not saying he's better than a 100% healthy Nicks, just way more reliable. The only thing reliable about Hakeem are the 3-4 games he'll miss every year. this year he basically missed 14).

sportsfan554
12-26-2012, 07:30 PM
I agree. I have said it from the start that victor cruz is the future of this team. He may not have had the season he had last season but with nicks out most of the season, cruz was a target for eli. Not saying the other receivers like hixon and barden are not good, but they have had some injuries as well.

Here is something to think about. can you imagine if cruz was on another team and someone like webster had to defend him. imagine what kind of numbers he would have.

Hooligans
12-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Wasn't he selected to the roster as an alternate last year? Then he was needed to play as an injury replacement, and obviously couldn't due to the Super Bowl? just curious. (btw, Giants need to finish that contract and lock this dude up. Imagine the passing game this year if he wasn't around?! Way more reliable than Nicks. Not saying he's better than a 100% healthy Nicks, just way more reliable. The only thing reliable about Hakeem are the 3-4 games he'll miss every year. this year he basically missed 14).

No Giants will be selected for the probowl, but the coaches of the game usually select one from each team to make sure one gets in. Might be Cruz but probably not....the collapse of the Giant offense hurts him bigtime. My guess would be some lineman like Snee, whetehr they deserve it or not.

Sarcasman
12-26-2012, 10:23 PM
He likely ain't going this year nor does he deserve to. Unless they've added dropped passes as new pro bowl selection criteria.

Of course sheer popularity might get him, it's not like these things are chosen by geniuses.

Roosevelt
12-26-2012, 10:25 PM
He likely ain't going this year nor does he deserve to. Unless they've added dropped passes as new pro bowl selection criteria.

Of course sheer popularity might get him, it's not like these things are chosen by geniuses.

Only the players, coaches and fans like you.

:)

Rudyy
12-26-2012, 10:26 PM
Why are people upset that Victor made the pro-bowl?
I agree that his drops are frustrating but this guy works his butt off and he's a great receiver.

Flip Empty
12-26-2012, 10:27 PM
No Giants will be selected for the probowl, but the coaches of the game usually select one from each team to make sure one gets in. Might be Cruz but probably not....the collapse of the Giant offense hurts him bigtime. My guess would be some lineman like Snee, whetehr they deserve it or not.
They've already announced the rosters; Cruz, Snee and JPP made it in.

elitocruz
12-26-2012, 10:27 PM
UH... MIGHT WANT TO READ UP. 3 GIANTS SELECTED. CRUZ AMONG THEM. I POSED THE QUESTION AFTER THE SELECTIONS WERE ANNOUNCED

Sarcasman
12-26-2012, 10:34 PM
Only the players, coaches and fans like you.

:)

LOL Exactly! And lo and behold...Cruz, Snee and JPP are selected.

Sarcasman
12-26-2012, 10:36 PM
Why are people upset that Victor made the pro-bowl?
I agree that his drops are frustrating but this guy works his butt off and he's a great receiver.

I'm not upset by his selection, I love the guy but this is hardly a pro bowl season he's having...not that PB selection is proof of anything.......