PDA

View Full Version : NFC.com article. Interesting...

Rudyy
12-26-2012, 07:24 PM
http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000117324/cam-newton-tim-tebow-among-nfls-biggest-scrooges/ Check out number 7

Toadofsteel
12-26-2012, 07:27 PM
Why PF and not the bigger culprit, Killdrive?

Roosevelt
12-26-2012, 07:31 PM
http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000117324/cam-newton-tim-tebow-among-nfls-biggest-scrooges/ Check out number 7

You find that interesting?

Does anyone truly need to read stuff like that to justify their thoughts on our team?

Our defense has been hideous this year. And our offense isn't too far behind.

Rudyy
12-26-2012, 07:38 PM
You find that interesting?Does anyone truly need to read stuff like that to justify their thoughts on our team?Our defense has been hideous this year. And our offense isn't too far behind.Well some people dont think the defense is a problem

byron
12-26-2012, 07:53 PM
You find that interesting?

Does anyone truly need to read stuff like that to justify their thoughts on our team?

Our defense has been hideous this year. And our offense isn't too far behind. Its a bad feeling Rosey... I hate seeing our team get embarrassed....I can't even watch espn or any of that ....I don't expect a SB every year but these let downs such as we have seen more than a few times over the years have pretty much worn me out....I'll throw this out if the coach has no explanation who the hell does.....

byron
12-26-2012, 07:57 PM
Well some people dont think the defense is a problem Our head coach has no explanations as to why he's with these guys day in and day out....Am I alone in finding this to be a big problem ?!......

Rudyy
12-26-2012, 08:11 PM
Our head coach has no explanations as to why he's with these guys day in and day out....Am I alone in finding this to be a big problem ?!......I said the same thing! It's one thing if theres a problem but you can identify the issue. Coughlin has no idea why these things happen. That's scary.

Marvelousmik
12-26-2012, 08:19 PM
Well some people dont think the defense is a problem

coughbuddycough

Buddy333
12-26-2012, 08:28 PM
coughbuddycoughThey are part of the problem. The offense is the bigger problem though.

byron
12-26-2012, 08:30 PM
I said the same thing! It's one thing if theres a problem but you can identify the issue. Coughlin has no idea why these things happen. That's scary. problem solved ?!........;)

G-MENBK
12-26-2012, 08:30 PM
They are part of the problem. The offense is the bigger problem though.

Main problem with offense is the OL. With the defense, you're gonna need to upgrade the DL, secondary, and get a few linebackers.

Buddy333
12-26-2012, 08:36 PM
Main problem with offense is the OL. With the defense, you're gonna need to upgrade the DL, secondary, and get a few linebackers.The OL has one guy that can play at a high level. The point about the offense is that they have a lot invested in their QB. They need to make sure they get the offense working because that is where most of their money is. If they could score TD's in the red zone and n have so many 3 and outs that will help the defense out. Not so much by making them better but simply keeping them off the field and keeping the opposing defense on the field and tiring them out. While the last two games lots of points where scored against, they where playing well enough to win some games earlier in the season but the offense failed them. Never said the defense doesn't need work. Just said they need more work on the offense.

G-MENBK
12-26-2012, 08:45 PM
The OL has one guy that can play at a high level. The point about the offense is that they have a lot invested in their QB. They need to make sure they get the offense working because that is where most of their money is. If they could score TD's in the red zone and n have so many 3 and outs that will help the defense out. Not so much by making them better but simply keeping them off the field and keeping the opposing defense on the field and tiring them out. While the last two games lots of points where scored against, they where playing well enough to win some games earlier in the season but the offense failed them. Never said the defense doesn't need work. Just said they need more work on the offense.

With all due respect, there have been games this season where the opposing team scored touchdowns on their opening drives, and when the offense was clicking, the defense still allowed opposing teams to shred them. You fix the OL, you give more time to our QB and you get the running game going. When the latter works, the former doesn't have to air it out as often.

With the defense, you are not seeing them put opposing QBs on their ***, you see a secondary that gets carved up (How many 3rd and 15+ yards were converted to TDs?), and you have a defense that is anemic when it comes to stopping the run.

Buddy333
12-26-2012, 08:49 PM
Before the last two games they where the 8th lowest scored against team in the NFL. Look at games like the the one against the Bengals. Two interceptions and a punt return pit the ball deep inside Giants territory. The offense set up the Bengals with two scores and did nothing themselves to score. Look at the numbers in that game. The defense allowed less than 200 yards passing and the didn run he ball well either. He offense lost hat game but he points allowed look bad for the defense.

G-MENBK
12-26-2012, 09:05 PM
Before the last two games they where the 8th lowest scored against team in the NFL. Look at games like the the one against the Bengals. Two interceptions and a punt return pit the ball deep inside Giants territory. The offense set up the Bengals with two scores and did nothing themselves to score. Look at the numbers in that game. The defense allowed less than 200 yards passing and the didn run he ball well either. He offense lost hat game but he points allowed look bad for the defense.

What you're omitting from that Bengals game is that the defense were the first to take the field and they allowed the Bengals to score a TD. Second TD, they had a 3rd and 11 - and like I said before about the Giants D and 3rd and long - Dalton found the endzone.

Buddy333
12-26-2012, 09:08 PM
They did allow one big play TD in that game. That was the only big play they had in a blowout. The offense set the Be gals up twice in scoring position and the special teams did it once. At that point even if they held them to files goals the game was over because the offense did nothing that game.

G-MENBK
12-26-2012, 09:16 PM
They did allow one big play TD in that game. That was the only big play they had in a blowout. The offense set the Be gals up twice in scoring position and the special teams did it once. At that point even if they held them to files goals the game was over because the offense did nothing that game.

And what you're omitting is that this team is inept at defending plays when it's 3rd and long. Cowboys (x2), Ravens, Bengals, Redskins, Steelers, Falcons, Bucs, Saints.

Seeing something? If you're fine with this kind of defense, then we really have nothing to talk about.

Roosevelt
12-26-2012, 09:17 PM
Well some people dont think the defense is a problem

Sorry, but I ain't buying that.

Buddy333
12-26-2012, 09:19 PM
And what you're omitting is that this team is inept at defending plays when it's 3rd and long. Cowboys (x2), Ravens, Bengals, Redskins, Steelers, Falcons, Bucs, Saints.Seeing something? If you're fine with this kind of defense, then we really have nothing to talk about.They should never have been in that position to begin with. Funny you bring up the Dallas game. With 6 turnovers they only scored 29 points and 7 came off a defensive TD. That's pathetic offense and was a clear sign that this offense was in trouble.

Roosevelt
12-26-2012, 09:19 PM
Its a bad feeling Rosey... I hate seeing our team get embarrassed....I can't even watch espn or any of that ....I don't expect a SB every year but these let downs such as we have seen more than a few times over the years have pretty much worn me out....I'll throw this out if the coach has no explanation who the hell does.....

It's frustrating as hell to watch this team go down without a fight B.

I understand everyone wanting to blame the coaches, but we've all seen our team kick butt against very good teams with these very same coaches.

Go figure....

G-MENBK
12-26-2012, 09:22 PM
They should never have been in that position to begin with. Funny you bring up the Dallas game. With 6 turnovers they only scored 29 points and 7 came off a defensive TD. That's pathetic offense and was a clear sign that this offense was in trouble.

Yeah, not like that first game: a 3rd and 10 and the defense allows Romo to throw it for 13 yards to end the game.

Rudyy
12-26-2012, 09:48 PM
Yeah, not like that first game: a 3rd and 10 and the defense allows Romo to throw it for 13 yards to end the game.Wasn't it 1st and 30? and he hit Miles Austin for the touchdown.

byron
12-26-2012, 10:05 PM
It's frustrating as hell to watch this team go down without a fight B.

I understand everyone wanting to blame the coaches, but we've all seen our team kick butt against very good teams with these very same coaches.

Go figure....
yeah I may be a bit hard on the coaching but it bothers me that TC comes and says he doesn't have an explanation for whats going on.....6 mill a year I'd want him to know whats going on and be able to motivate and prepare the players and on and on....Perhaps the hard truth of the matter is this team is not collectively all the good.. at least at the moment...We do have a lot of guys playing hurt and such.....Eli is praticing is some cases with players that aren't even gonna play on game day...And I'm not sticking up for Eli here but that has to cause some problems with timing....The other thing is man we have seem this sort of thing in years past over and over really....whatever is going on is real and the fact that nobody can figure it out drives me crazy...and makes me think its right in front of their noses...I'm just rambling... in my mind there is a lot wrong right now far more than I can spit out....I will say this there is alot of good reason to believe that some of this **** falls on coaching I'll leave it at that.....end of the day they still have a chance to get in so there is still hope .......Go Giants !

Rudyy
12-26-2012, 10:09 PM
problem solved ?!........;)Problem solved.

bearbryant
12-26-2012, 11:42 PM
The HC comes out to a press conference and tells evryone that he doesn't know whats going on? You're kidding!! What do you think that does to the confidence in the locker room. Let's see how he gets that back now! It just shows how disconnected he is with his coordinators and his players. I agree you have serious talent issues on the team but you don't solve them by setting your defense up to become non aggressive. IT doesn't work and it makes your players tenative instead of play makers. As far as fewell goes his philosophy is weak and wounded and the other teams know it. Double JPP, when you run get to the second level quickly and throw at Webster. Pretty easy plan

savantelite
12-27-2012, 12:54 AM
Perry is too predictable. The Giants will out match you, but won't surprise you. I think Chase Blackburn, the special teams standout, would make a better defensive coordinator. I still wonder if he just showed up last year and called his own defensive plays.

tcseacliff
12-27-2012, 01:13 AM
this is an Eli manning quote from , NFL.com: It’s one thing to lose,” Giants (http://www.nfl.com/teams/newyorkgiants/profile?team=NYG) quarterback Eli Manning (http://www.nfl.com/player/elimanning/2505996/profile) said. “Sometimes, you lose at the end of the game, but we didn’t even give ourselves a chance (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ravens-clinch-afc-north-title-put-giants-season-brink-article-1.1226377) today. We had no momentum, no spark.”

this was in an article, about how angry JPP is re: their play. I really think they are just as confused as the rest of us!

here is the link;: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000116248/article/jason-pierrepaul-unhappy-with-new-york-giants-play

Rudyy
12-27-2012, 07:33 AM
this is an Eli manning quote from , NFL.com: It’s one thing to lose,” Giants (http://www.nfl.com/teams/newyorkgiants/profile?team=NYG) quarterback Eli Manning (http://www.nfl.com/player/elimanning/2505996/profile) said. “Sometimes, you lose at the end of the game, but we didn’t even give ourselves a chance (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ravens-clinch-afc-north-title-put-giants-season-brink-article-1.1226377) today. We had no momentum, no spark.”this was in an article, about how angry JPP is re: their play. I really think they are just as confused as the rest of us! here is the link;: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000116248/article/jason-pierrepaul-unhappy-with-new-york-giants-playCome on, no spark? After all this hoopla about winning the last two games? Ridiculousness.