PDA

View Full Version : I Knew it Was Going to be a Rough Year When....

dbyaZer33
12-27-2012, 12:06 AM
They lost opening night to Dallas. The excitement, celebrations, fireworks, home crowd, etc for the Super Bowl champion and they lose that game?? The writing was on the wall right then and there that this would be an up and down season. I mean, how do you not win on opening night against a hated rival where the odds heavily favor the Super Bowl champion? I remember after that game Jerry Jones stated that it was one of the biggest wins in recent history for the Dallas franchise. Even he knew deep down that the Super Bowl winning, home team on opening night is virtually unbeatable!

ChrisChris
12-27-2012, 12:08 AM
I KNEW THEY WERE GONNA LOSE WHEN HAKEEM BROKED HIS FEET MAN.

Cloud57
12-27-2012, 12:09 AM
They lost opening night to Dallas. The excitement, celebrations, fireworks, home crowd, etc for the Super Bowl champion and they lose that game?? The writing was on the wall right then and there that this would be an up and down season. I mean, how do you not win on opening night against a hated rival where the odds heavily favor the Super Bowl champion? I remember after that game Jerry Jones stated that it was one of the biggest wins in recent history for the Dallas franchise. Even he knew deep down that the Super Bowl winning, home team on opening night is virtually unbeatable!I said the same thing just today.

ashleymarie
12-27-2012, 12:23 AM
Cruz had balls go through his hands. Eli was not sharp at all. Defense looked on, waiting for the Pavlov bell. That opener was an awful night. Committed to memory.

gmen46
12-27-2012, 02:14 AM
They lost opening night to Dallas. The excitement, celebrations, fireworks, home crowd, etc for the Super Bowl champion and they lose that game?? The writing was on the wall right then and there that this would be an up and down season. I mean, how do you not win on opening night against a hated rival where the odds heavily favor the Super Bowl champion? I remember after that game Jerry Jones stated that it was one of the biggest wins in recent history for the Dallas franchise. Even he knew deep down that the Super Bowl winning, home team on opening night is virtually unbeatable!

The game was a disappointment, no doubt. In part because of a couple of the points you raise.

But your conclusion that "the writing was on the wall right then and there" about how this season would unfold is total nonsense. Of the 5 seasons the Giants won Super Bowls, 3 of them---1986, 2007, 2011--opened with a Giants loss (and 2 of those 3 were vs Cowboys).

The opening game sets no "tone" for a season whatsoever. It feels good to win it, but it means nothing besides a single win--or loss-in a 16 game season.. We all felt good when we won the opening game for 2009 and 2010 seasons, didn't we? That turned out swell both times.

erivera
12-27-2012, 02:38 AM
i don't think they're losing now because they lost on opening night, but i think that the opening game def. showed giant weaknesses. after that game, i felt like this year was going to be a difficult year to get back into the playoffs. the problem with this team is that 3 out of the past 4 years they've missed the playoffs. to me the superbowl run was more of a shock. unfortunately, they're an average team that thinks they can get by during the regular season, and 3 out of the last 4 years that strategy has backfired on them.

TheShouldersOf
12-27-2012, 04:24 AM
The Opening game showed the offensive schemes and defensive schemes didn't improve, adjustments still failed to happen, and the lack of any evolution to the play calling and personal

dbyaZer33
12-27-2012, 10:20 PM
The Opening game showed the offensive schemes and defensive schemes didn't improve, adjustments still failed to happen, and the lack of any evolution to the play calling and personal

Very well said.

sheepdip
12-27-2012, 10:25 PM
when backup rbs have career games vs our defense and our offense makes terrible defenses look amazing.

JJC7301
12-28-2012, 01:09 AM
when backup rbs have career games vs our defense and our offense makes terrible defenses look amazing.
What about their # 3 or # 4 WR -- Oglethorpe or Ogletree? Didn't he put up like 200 yards and 2 or 3 TDs? Insane.

ImElectric2
12-28-2012, 12:38 PM
Meh, we had a rough off-season. What'd we have tyron starting, no nicks (or at least not even close to healthy), no canty,...there was a lot not going for us. But then again, you.probably had the same gut feeling after the Redskins opener last year, too, huh?