PDA

View Full Version : Now you can be killdrive too!

Toadofsteel
12-27-2012, 03:28 AM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/46424_775476786690_539217841_n.jpg

ashleymarie
12-27-2012, 03:38 AM
lol

TheShouldersOf
12-27-2012, 04:16 AM
Brilliant,

Sad it's true though

ukgiantstyke
12-27-2012, 05:24 AM
Dammit know the whole of the NFL knows about it....oh...they already do sorry....

Buto
12-27-2012, 06:02 AM
You forgot the Joystick huddle at halftime.

Die-Hard
12-27-2012, 06:28 AM
Ha! Classic!!

DarkSaint
12-27-2012, 08:13 AM
LOL, you are giving him way too much credit.

Rudyy
12-27-2012, 08:35 AM
Where's the delay of game? Lmao this is funny.

Toadofsteel
12-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Sorry, I ran out of buttons to push...

Beelzeboss
12-27-2012, 01:08 PM
Nail on the head.

Moke
12-27-2012, 01:12 PM
That's why the upgraded the controllers, like they should upgrade the coaches and their gameplans

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHH SNAP!

Toadofsteel
12-29-2012, 11:08 AM
Names in bold are the ones that would be likely to take an OC job themselves. Unbolded means either unlikely to be available or would rather take an HC job...

Norv
Romeo Crennel (forgot he was a DC sorry)
Jason Garrett
Andy Reid

Who would you add to this list?

YATittle1962
12-29-2012, 11:14 AM
you do know that Romeo is a defensive guy right.....and not really a great one

giantsfan420
12-29-2012, 11:15 AM
tom moore consultant with tenn. who orchestrated and created the offense peyton ran in indy. thats my choice by far bc he has stated he wants to be an OC again next year after retiring from being OC and being a consultant to a couple of teams. I think he'd be perfect bc he could prob continue the scheme KG used to a degree but only maximize the areas he feels confident in. he imo could retool/reorganize KGs offense or just implement the scheme he did in Indy either way, hed be the best choice followed in the distance by Norv Turner imo.

romeo crennel would suck as an OC seeing as he is a DC

Flip Empty
12-29-2012, 11:17 AM
I'd pluck someone out of the stands every week.

NWKEffectElement
12-29-2012, 11:19 AM
I was thinking Norv for a couple of weeks now after he announced he would still coordinate.

NorwoodBlue
12-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Let Eli run the Offense and call his own plays?

giantsfan420
12-29-2012, 11:44 AM
Let Eli run the Offense and call his own plays?than u want tom moore. (former OC for Indy with Peyton)

hes the kind of OC who could maximize an already in place scheme or create his own. That up tempo no huddle stuff wasnt done much, at all. if anything, it wasnt even truly a passing league the way its evolved to now when he went that route. he was ahead of the time in that regard and its why peyton was such a beast in indy (aside from peytons talent pool).

I could easily see Moore coming here, seeing whats good with KGs scheme and what sucks, getting rid of the suck, and maximizing the good by getting creative, ie up tempo no huddle. i always wondered how eli woulda looked had he had the offense peyton had in indy, and while we will never know the answer to that question, we can get the answer to how eli would play under the OC that got Peyton to the level hes at today

Toadofsteel
12-29-2012, 02:06 PM
than u want tom moore. (former OC for Indy with Peyton)

hes the kind of OC who could maximize an already in place scheme or create his own. That up tempo no huddle stuff wasnt done much, at all. if anything, it wasnt even truly a passing league the way its evolved to now when he went that route. he was ahead of the time in that regard and its why peyton was such a beast in indy (aside from peytons talent pool).

I could easily see Moore coming here, seeing whats good with KGs scheme and what sucks, getting rid of the suck, and maximizing the good by getting creative, ie up tempo no huddle. i always wondered how eli woulda looked had he had the offense peyton had in indy, and while we will never know the answer to that question, we can get the answer to how eli would play under the OC that got Peyton to the level hes at today

I'm down with that...

penguinfarmer
12-29-2012, 02:26 PM
If Andy doesn't take some time off, he will be a HC some where.

DarkSaint
12-29-2012, 02:34 PM
than u want tom moore. (former OC for Indy with Peyton)hes the kind of OC who could maximize an already in place scheme or create his own. That up tempo no huddle stuff wasnt done much, at all. if anything, it wasnt even truly a passing league the way its evolved to now when he went that route. he was ahead of the time in that regard and its why peyton was such a beast in indy (aside from peytons talent pool).I could easily see Moore coming here, seeing whats good with KGs scheme and what sucks, getting rid of the suck, and maximizing the good by getting creative, ie up tempo no huddle. i always wondered how eli woulda looked had he had the offense peyton had in indy, and while we will never know the answer to that question, we can get the answer to how eli would play under the OC that got Peyton to the level hes at today
I'm down with that...I'm sold, BTW Crennel belongs here because he'll probably do a better job than Kildrive.

GMENAGAIN
12-29-2012, 02:54 PM
I'm sold, BTW Crennel belongs here because he'll probably do a better job than Kildrive.

So you want Romeo Crennel as our OC instead of Gilbride? Man . . . . .

GMENAGAIN
12-29-2012, 02:55 PM
Names in bold are the ones that would be likely to take an OC job themselves. Unbolded means either unlikely to be available or would rather take an HC job...

Norv
Romeo Crennel (forgot he was a DC sorry)
Jason Garrett
Andy Reid

Who would you add to this list?

Look at Rivers' last 2 seasons and tell me why everyone wants Norv

Rusty192
12-29-2012, 03:10 PM
So you want Romeo Crennel as our OC instead of Gilbride? Man . . . . .I think that's the joke..

brad
12-29-2012, 04:15 PM
Moore would be my first choice, hopefully bringing in a more up-tempo offense and simplified routes for the receivers. Far too many of the bad plays and turnovers aren't necessarily bad choices by Eli, but are caused by Eli expecting a receiver to run a route based on what he sees and they do something else because they didn't see the same thing. The complexity is also why it takes so long for some receivers to get on the field, while some never seem to grasp it at all. This, along with the fact that the majority of the plays take so long to develop, and the O-line just isn't good enough to provide the time are the root cause for the erratic nature of the offense. It is time to simplify and stop outsmarting themselves.

DarkSaint
12-29-2012, 04:29 PM
^^^ logic and common sense FTW!! I just hope it doesn't take another collapse for Reese to see this.

GMENAGAIN
12-29-2012, 04:58 PM
I think that's the joke..oh, my bad. Hard to tell what is a joke these days on here . . . .

DarkSaint
12-29-2012, 05:10 PM
So you want Romeo Crennel as our OC instead of Gilbride? Man . . . . . what? Don't you think Crennel can't call 3 shotgun draws in a row? :). With the havoc our pass rush has caused in the past, our OC should have taken notes on how other teams have adjusted to our dline, which he could have used to make adjustments to help our putrid oline play. The more I think about this, the stronger I feel that this man is the problem and is holding us back from truly making history.

TheEnigma
12-29-2012, 05:27 PM
Doesn't matter because we're stuck with him for the next few years and you know it too.

Signature NYG
12-29-2012, 05:34 PM
Tom Moore ftw. Or David cutfliffe from Duke. He and Archie are good friends and petting and Eli call or visit him from time to time to watch film. Idk I sure as hell don't want gilbride back

NYG4lifeNYK
12-29-2012, 05:53 PM
http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/3926/53374110200207541861049.jpg

eLi MusT gO dEEp
12-29-2012, 05:58 PM
LOL

Chuck n Duck had me at hello

If anything, that walrus looking fool gets fired this year [we've got a better chance of making the playoffs probably] and that will honestly be like winning the SB. I will pop some champagne.

Toadofsteel
12-29-2012, 06:00 PM
That was mine bro...

http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?26160-Now-you-can-be-killdrive-too!&highlight=killdrive

FlyingTruck
12-29-2012, 06:01 PM
LMFAO...I'm sorry but I hope he gets fired.

Actually I'm not sorry.

eLi MusT gO dEEp
12-29-2012, 06:25 PM
http://www.proprofs.com/flashcards/upload/a6626497.jpg

JesseJames
12-29-2012, 06:31 PM
I'd love to have Tom Moore as Gilbrides replacement and I'd also like to see Reese show Fewell to the door, but none of it will happen and we'll see this same bend but don't break defense next year and the same predictable offensive playcalling too

giantsfan420
12-29-2012, 06:50 PM
another guy Ill throw out there altho it wouldnt be as OC, he'd have to be HC and implement his offense bc hes kick *** right now. That Bruce Arian (I think Im way off on his first name lol sorry) Indy's OC. He's been their HC with Pagano battling cancer. I think he's proven he can be a HC with what he's shown this season, and he's had sustained success going back years in Pitt. up to this year in Indy with a rookie QB (even if the rookie QB is Luck, its still impressive).

That'd be my choice only if TC were to retire. I want TC to stay and Moore to be the OC, that would be my wish. But Arians HC with Moore as OC would be SICK from an offensive standpoint. Only issue, is we'd have to have a legit DC who can handle the load...Spags. The dream team of coaching staff right there. TC/Bruce Arians at HC, Moore at OC, and Spags at DC...oooooo god id end world hunger if u could grant us that lol, well i plan on ending world hunger anyways but yeah thatd be a sweet coaching staff.

Harooni
12-29-2012, 06:53 PM
I'd pluck someone out of the stands every week. lol

moosedrool
12-29-2012, 06:56 PM
LMFAO...I'm sorry but I hope he gets fired.

Sorry to disappoint you, but coaches don't get fired the year after winning the super bowl. Especially when they win 8+ games.

Rusty192
12-29-2012, 07:06 PM
another guy Ill throw out there altho it wouldnt be as OC, he'd have to be HC and implement his offense bc hes kick *** right now. That Bruce Arian (I think Im way off on his first name lol sorry) Indy's OC. He's been their HC with Pagano battling cancer. I think he's proven he can be a HC with what he's shown this season, and he's had sustained success going back years in Pitt. up to this year in Indy with a rookie QB (even if the rookie QB is Luck, its still impressive).

That'd be my choice only if TC were to retire. I want TC to stay and Moore to be the OC, that would be my wish. But Arians HC with Moore as OC would be SICK from an offensive standpoint. Only issue, is we'd have to have a legit DC who can handle the load...Spags. The dream team of coaching staff right there. TC/Bruce Arians at HC, Moore at OC, and Spags at DC...oooooo god id end world hunger if u could grant us that lol, well i plan on ending world hunger anyways but yeah thatd be a sweet coaching staff.I don't think I'd want Arians at all actually. Steelers fans hated him for stale playcalling, and being an inept OC. Who knows though.

Edit: but I love the Tom Moore idea. That would be too good to be true!

radar-ray
12-29-2012, 07:08 PM
I'd love to have Tom Moore as Gilbrides replacement and I'd also like to see Reese show Fewell to the door, but none of it will happen and we'll see this same bend but don't break defense next year and the same predictable offensive playcalling tooI'd like that to happen too. Norv wouldn't be a bad choice for OC.

Rusty192
12-29-2012, 07:14 PM
Where's the delay of game? Lmao this is funny.Haha Nice!

BigBlue1971
12-29-2012, 07:17 PM
i wish Sean Payton didnt get that new contract!

barran21
12-29-2012, 07:27 PM
Norv he's bad HC but great OC...

M00KIE
12-29-2012, 07:30 PM

It's when the game freezes and you have to pull out the cartridge and blow the dust out of it.

Harooni
12-29-2012, 07:37 PM
It's when the game freezes and you have to pull out the cartridge and blow the dust out of it. lol . priceless. the turbo controller lets you pass pass pass when up 2 scores or more and want to run clock.

FlyingTruck
12-29-2012, 07:37 PM
Sorry to disappoint you, but coaches don't get fired the year after winning the super bowl. Especially when they win 8+ games.Sorry to disappoint you, but we won BOTH of our SB's despite KG.

Harooni
12-29-2012, 07:44 PM
replace one chubby guy with a mustache with another. Promise in writing the HC position to him once TC is forced into retirement in 2014.

watch the offense come alive again. he isnt afraid to start rookies and is not against giving the QB competition if needed.

http://willdo.pwblogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/010508reidfox.jpg

P_Simms_#11
12-29-2012, 07:46 PM
Well done!

ShakeandBake
12-29-2012, 07:47 PM

That's on Eli's controller

Die-Hard
12-29-2012, 07:47 PM
He'd never take anything less than a HC job, and all signs are pointing to SD as his next destination.

Rudyy
12-29-2012, 07:50 PM
That's on Eli's controllerNegative. The play is so complicated and long he has to take 78 hours to tell everyone what to do.

Harooni
12-29-2012, 07:50 PM
He'd never take anything less than a HC job, and all signs are pointing to SD as his next destination. not even if it was in his contract to get the HC job in a year or 2? maybe you are right but this would be a better job than SD.

giantsfan420
12-29-2012, 07:52 PM
I don't think I'd want Arians at all actually. Steelers fans hated him for stale playcalling, and being an inept OC. Who knows though.

Edit: but I love the Tom Moore idea. That would be too good to be true!the person with the best understanding of the offense aside from arians wanted him to stay and was vocal about it; Big Ben.
Altho, if Eli were to be vocal about KG remaining OC I'd have to disagree with him.

I admittedly dont know much about Arians, just the success hes had this year has seriously impressed me. ill defer to u tho, steelers fans would know much more about him than I do. I wonder how steelers fans feel about that now tho

sharick88
12-29-2012, 07:53 PM
He's heading to San Diego. Book it

Harooni
12-29-2012, 07:59 PM
I want this man!!!! i hate the egals but always thought he was a good play caller.

would any of you dislike it though i know wont happen?

M00KIE
12-29-2012, 08:01 PM
Wait let me think.............Uhhh, no.

Harooni
12-29-2012, 08:03 PM
Wait let me think.............Uhhh, no. and why not???? he is ten times the OC gilbride is. he even manages to out coach coughlin most of the time .

M00KIE
12-29-2012, 08:14 PM
and why not???? he is ten times the OC gilbride is. he even manages to out coach coughlin most of the time .

He may be...Then again he may not be. Over the years Philly has had it's share of offensive talent (defensive as well) and he's taken it nowhere. I'm not opposed to a change at OC, just not sure he's the guy I'd want. Not to mention I can't stand looking at this walrus. (that may be the real reason ;) )

Cloud57
12-29-2012, 08:17 PM
He has more division wins that Couglin has, he also has a SB ring

TheEnigma
12-29-2012, 08:19 PM
This MB would potentially hate Reid more than Gilbride because he's another deep pass happy kind of guy. The only positive I could see out of this is Reid being able to utilize Wilson better than our current staff. Still would prefer a more balanced attack that has more short passes and isn't so reliant on the option routes.

M00KIE
12-29-2012, 08:25 PM

What does that have to do with KG? Who has 2 rings and has run the most potent offense we have ever had....ever....

GoDeep80
12-29-2012, 08:41 PM
Either Gruden. Art Briles (Baylor HC), Norv Turner.

Harooni
12-29-2012, 08:44 PM
He may be...Then again he may not be. Over the years Philly has had it's share of offensive talent (defensive as well) and he's taken it nowhere. I'm not opposed to a change at OC, just not sure he's the guy I'd want. Not to mention I can't stand looking at this walrus. (that may be the real reason ;) ) come on, he comes complete with a batman utility belt.

He isnt a bad guy either he has always been a pretty nice guy and a players coach. just think of our offense under his imaginative plays. KG is so predictable its like right on cue we all know what he is going to do.

egyptian420
12-29-2012, 08:46 PM
I could definitely see him head coaching in SD or somewhere else.

Harooni
12-29-2012, 08:52 PM
I could definitely see him head coaching in SD or somewhere else. damn why is everyone saying SD???? i see him right here. Reese needs to do everything in his powers to lore him this way,

egyptian420
12-29-2012, 08:53 PM
damn why is everyone saying SD???? i see him right here. Reese needs to do everything in his powers to lore him this way,Lol probably because him and Norv are 100% toast

Die-Hard
12-29-2012, 09:03 PM
damn why is everyone saying SD???? i see him right here. Reese needs to do everything in his powers to lore him this way,

Because it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Norv is just as fired as Reid, and Reid has said that he'd be open to the SD job. He's not gonna take a OC job, especially with the Giants. Its got less than .0000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance of going down.

Harooni
12-29-2012, 09:06 PM
Because it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Norv is just as fired as Reid, and Reid has said that he'd be open to the SD job. He's not gonna take a OC job, especially with the Giants. Its got less than .0000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance of going down. unless!!!!! TC retires after this season

Die-Hard
12-29-2012, 09:14 PM
unless!!!!! TC retires after this season

Still a long shot, but thats just an opinion. TC isn't going anywhere yet anyway.

Toadofsteel
12-29-2012, 09:17 PM
That's why the upgraded the controllers, like they should upgrade the coaches and their gameplans

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHH SNAP!

i see what you did there...

Harooni
12-29-2012, 09:26 PM
Still a long shot, but thats just an opinion. TC isn't going anywhere yet anyway. i know, and i dont really want him too, but would love a new play caller.

gmen0820
12-29-2012, 09:36 PM
not even if it was in his contract to get the HC job in a year or 2? maybe you are right but this would be a better job than SD.Why do people think that language in contracts like that are common? You really think Coughlin wants fat Reid breathing, and he breaths loud, down his neck? That's not happening.

Plus, why overthrow an offensive system that Eli has flourished in for the better part of his career? If Eli has any trouble whatsoever, wether it be in the system, or coach-player rapport, our team is in SERIOUS trouble. Giants go as Eli goes.

DVision
It's a pipe dream, but I wish we could persuade him to be Eli's QB coach! I think Eli misses Sullivan and Reid is excellent with QB's.

Rusty192
Negative. The play is so complicated and long he has to take 78 hours to tell everyone what to do.+1

rainierjef
12-29-2012, 09:37 PM
If you think he is a bad offensive coordinator. Then you're either a Homer or do not know what you're watching. He would do a much better job at adjusting, than the OC that we currently have now.

DownWitJPP
12-29-2012, 09:38 PM
If you think is a bad for f is a bad offensive coordinator. Then you're either a Homer or do not know what you're watching. He would do a much better job at adjusting, than the OC that we currently have now.

that's this teams biggest problem, there is no in game adjustments

gmen0820
12-29-2012, 09:41 PM
If you think is a bad for f is a bad offensive coordinator. Then you're either a Homer or do not know what you're watching. He would do a much better job at adjusting, than the OC that we currently have now.Let's just say Reid was interested in the OC gig, and we were willing to hire him -- all longshots by the way -- I don't think Eli is necessarily begging to play in a WCO for the first time in his 9 year pro career.

I'm not saying Reid cannot adjust to suit Eli's strength, I'm just saying that Eli is entrenched in our current system, and Reid is entrenched in his West Coast philosophy. Reid is an exceptional coach, Eli is an exceptional QB, I just don't think they are an exceptional match together.

Harooni
12-29-2012, 09:46 PM
Reid is an absolute offensive genius and he knows his way around a yodell. sign him up

gmen0820
12-29-2012, 09:51 PM
Reid is an absolute offensive genius and he knows his way around a yodell. sign him upYeah, and his biggest enemy is himself. You think Gilbride gets carried away with his draws? Wait until you see Reid throw the ball 50+ times a game down 7 points. His in-game management is sketchy.

Gilbride is very underrated here. He gets a lot of **** because he gets carried away at times, but those are the same concerns with Reid.

Harooni
12-29-2012, 09:55 PM
Yeah, and his biggest enemy is himself. You think Gilbride gets carried away with his draws? Wait until you see Reid throw the ball 50+ times a game down 7 points. His in-game management is sketchy.

Gilbride is very underrated here. He gets a lot of **** because he gets carried away at times, but those are the same concerns with Reid. i know he tends to get away from the run. but he is at least imaginative. and we would see wilson do great things as well.

also about the offense , west coast vs run and shoot , its bubkus really. you design the plays you call the play and the QB throws to the open guy or hot route. its not that big of a deal like really.
it only means we will pass heavy which we already do

rainierjef
12-29-2012, 09:58 PM
Oh... i am not petitioning to get him here , just saying he is a great OC, i personally think he is better at in game adjustments than gilbride.

gmen0820
12-29-2012, 10:01 PM
i know he tends to get away from the run. but he is at least imaginative. and we would see wilson do great things as well.

also about the offense , west coast vs run and shoot , its bubkus really. you design the plays you call the play and the QB throws to the open guy or hot route. its not that big of a deal like really.
it only means we will pass heavy which we already doI think you're making this possible transition out to far more simpler than it really is. At this point in Eli's career -- as it pertains to our current offensive system -- he is not only an effective NFL QB, but he is also effective in his ability to coach players on the spot. With Reid, Eli is no longer the king in the huddle to the extent that he is today, he is learning just like everyone else. We see erratic games from Eli in a system he knows like the back of his hand, what will we see from Eli when he, and everyone​ else is learning a new system?

gmen0820
12-29-2012, 10:03 PM
Oh... i am not petitioning to get him here , just saying he is a great OC, i personally think he is better at in game adjustments than gilbride.Fair enough. Not sure we'd be the best fit for him, but he brings a lot to the table to whatever team he goes to.

TheEnigma
12-29-2012, 10:06 PM
Would still rather have Mike McCoy from Denver. He's done a fantastic job working with some raw players like Tebow in 2011 and the younger RBs on the team in regards to pass protection. He's got fricking Ronnie Hillman more prepared for a serious role than we have done with David Wilson and it's not like they strongly need him to either.

laylow28
12-29-2012, 10:08 PM
Reid will get hired as a HC, why would he downgrade becoming a OC?

Sarcasman
12-29-2012, 10:14 PM
replace one chubby guy with a mustache with another. Promise in writing the HC position to him once TC is forced into retirement in 2014.

watch the offense come alive again. he isnt afraid to start rookies and is not against giving the QB competition if needed.

I wouldn't trade good offense for falling short.

I like Andy and would love him to be the OC but he's not a championship HC. There's a ton of evidence supporting that.

Sarcasman
12-29-2012, 10:15 PM

So does Gilbride, wanna make him HC?

gmen0820
12-29-2012, 10:16 PM
Would still rather have Mike McCoy from Denver. He's done a fantastic job working with some raw players like Tebow in 2011 and the younger RBs on the team in regards to pass protection. He's got fricking Ronnie Hillman more prepared for a serious role than we have done with David Wilson and it's not like they strongly need him to either.I don't think Wilson is ill-prepared, I think it's just one of those situations where Coughlin is taking "the plan" too seriously. The lack of flexibility in our team's philosophy is a bit concerning. Wilson has shown he can make plays. In his most extensive action in the NFL, 13 carries, he had two TDs (and one return TD). He's scored TDs in games with 2 carries, and 3 carries.

I'm telling you, if Wilson was a Steeler, we'd be talking about about a 1,200 yard rusher right now.

penguinfarmer
12-29-2012, 10:22 PM
The man runs the ball even less than Gilbride, you really think he can coexist with Coughlin, even for one year?

TheEnigma
12-29-2012, 10:28 PM
I don't think Wilson is ill-prepared, I think it's just one of those situations where Coughlin is taking "the plan" too seriously. The lack of flexibility in our team's philosophy is a bit concerning. Wilson has shown he can make plays. In his most extensive action in the NFL, 13 carries, he had two TDs (and one return TD). He's scored TDs in games with 2 carries, and 3 carries.

I'm telling you, if Wilson was a Steeler, we'd be talking about about a 1,200 yard rusher right now.

I probably worded that wrong. What I meant to allude to is that McCoy has done a better job giving his young RBs opportunities to break into a rhythm. Peyton is probably one of the most fragile QBs in the league right now and Hillman received chances right away to protect him on 3rd down. We've just seen Wilson get those same chances these last few weeks. Compared to our current staff, he doesn't seem as "veteran bias".

Harooni
12-29-2012, 10:44 PM
Reid will get hired as a HC, why would he downgrade becoming a OC? because we give him a guarantee to become HC of the Football giants the lime light the big apple one of the biggest markets. its a dream position. its like the tonight show.

laylow28
12-29-2012, 10:51 PM
because we give him a guarantee to become HC of the Football giants the lime light the big apple one of the biggest markets. its a dream position. its like the tonight show. Don't you think it would cause a lot of tension? It would become a circus if he came here under those terms.

penguinfarmer
12-29-2012, 10:54 PM
I would actually be surprised if he took any position immediately, after how this year panned out beginning with the tragedy of his son. And that also heavily factors as to why I doubt he'd chase bright lights of NY opposed to keeping his family home in California.

Harooni
12-29-2012, 10:56 PM
I think you're making this possible transition out to far more simpler than it really is. At this point in Eli's career -- as it pertains to our current offensive system -- he is not only an effective NFL QB, but he is also effective in his ability to coach players on the spot. With Reid, Eli is no longer the king in the huddle to the extent that he is today, he is learning just like everyone else. We see erratic games from Eli in a system he knows like the back of his hand, what will we see from Eli when he, and everyone​ else is learning a new system? i disagree and maybe because i have never been an OC on any level so i may be ignorant on this matter but it isnt like ELi starts from day one, good QB;'s pick it up and it is only the plays that change and play call signals he doesnt have to learn all over again. iv seen plenty of qb's go from another system and complete team and produce. Eli will be fine in any system he just needs better play calling bottom line. and if Eli struggles reid isnt shy about benching a starter and i like that.

Harooni
12-29-2012, 10:59 PM
I would actually be surprised if he took any position immediately, after how this year panned out beginning with the tragedy of his son. And that also heavily factors as to why I doubt he'd chase bright lights of NY opposed to keeping his family home in California. because at the meeting we will nudge a brooklyn pie in his direction and once he catches a whiff of the aroma it is over .

this is the ###### ny football giants this is a top franchise here , not some disney land add on expansion team.

rebelfan1966
12-29-2012, 11:00 PM

Maybe we can get reid and Vick..... a two-fer

Harooni
12-29-2012, 11:02 PM
Maybe we can get reid and Vick..... a two-fer no vick but, He may want to bring in a guy more mobile but thats ok, ELi will start and competition is good for him.

rebelfan1966
12-29-2012, 11:03 PM
no vick but, He may want to bring in a guy more mobile but thats ok, ELi will start and competition is good for him.

Yep, the Eli experiment has run its course...

gmen0820
12-29-2012, 11:04 PM
Yep, the Eli experiment has run its course...Lol

rebelfan1966
12-29-2012, 11:05 PM
Lol

I did not even use red and you still got it... lol

gmen0820
12-29-2012, 11:07 PM
I did not even use red and you still got it... lol"Rebelfan"

..come on, of course I got it!

Harooni
12-29-2012, 11:08 PM
Yep, the Eli experiment has run its course... I wouldn't be surprised if Reese goes QB in the first day. Eli at 32 slightly out of shape and all.

rebelfan1966
12-29-2012, 11:09 PM
I hear J-Load is still available...

Sarcasman
12-29-2012, 11:11 PM
Maybe we can get reid and Vick..... a two-fer

What will we do with Eli? Convert him to RB?

Harooni
12-29-2012, 11:24 PM
Oh I see this has turned into one big joke thread. but i was serious about Reid being coughlins successor

Sarcasman
12-29-2012, 11:25 PM
Oh I see this has turned into one big joke thread. but i was serious about Reid being coughlins successor

No. We'd never do that.

Everyone is being 100% serious, I'm sure of it.

moosedrool
12-29-2012, 11:27 PM
Sorry to disappoint you, but we won BOTH of our SB's despite KG.

Ridiculous statement

Harooni
12-29-2012, 11:30 PM
No. We'd never do that.

Everyone is being 100% serious, I'm sure of it. hahahha #### you.

http://wa3.cdn.3news.co.nz/3news/AM/0-Articles/212463/kenjeong_mrchow.jpg

lol good night all

GameTime
12-29-2012, 11:39 PM

way too much baggage. His personal life is a mess. No way do I want him around this team

nycisgreat
12-30-2012, 12:34 AM
Lmao, this is really funny. Great prop!

XBIGBLUE5000X
12-30-2012, 02:15 AM
He'll be going to SD , Andy is from LA. you would think he wants back home with his family

BeatYale
12-30-2012, 03:20 AM
This MB would potentially hate Reid more than Gilbride because he's another deep pass happy kind of guy. The only positive I could see out of this is Reid being able to utilize Wilson better than our current staff. Still would prefer a more balanced attack that has more short passes and isn't so reliant on the option routes.

I've always known the Eagles offense to be more 'gimmicky' with dink and dunk passes that involve the RB's a lot more in the passing game. Not so much a vertical passing game like ours.

M00KIE
12-30-2012, 06:25 AM
well Harooni, I'll say this...After having time to think it over, I still think it would be problematic. However, just the thought of getting a div rivals HC as our new OC does sound like fun. But I just can't see it happening. Could you imagine TC and Reid getting along with Reid wobbling in late for coaches meetings, etc? :popcorn:

Captain Chaos
12-30-2012, 07:07 AM
Not a chance!

SweetZombieJesus
12-30-2012, 08:08 AM
Harooni you think Gilbride is stubborn with the gameplanning and lack of adjustments, you need to spend 5 minutes talking with Eagle fans about Reid.

M00KIE
12-30-2012, 12:57 PM
I hate changing coaches. I don't care what the guy did, with what team, when... The bottom line is you never really know how it's going to pan out. The grass is always greener, don't know what you got 'til it's gone, etc... It could be the best move ever or an utter disaster.

SiddFinch1
12-30-2012, 01:09 PM
Not tony sparano :)Charlie weis?

NYG4lifeNYK
12-30-2012, 02:19 PM
That was mine bro...

http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?26160-Now-you-can-be-killdrive-too!&highlight=killdrive

Sorry bud had no idea I saw this on bbi.

Nice to see we have very creative minds at TAGF, props :cool:

OX1
12-30-2012, 02:48 PM
End around.
RB out for a pass.
Using both your good backs alternately
(not putting one back in when you know he will not run).
Play action on second down.
RB in the end zone for a pass.

Where did all this stuff come from??

TheAnalyst
12-30-2012, 02:50 PM
Us, on this board, saying what he should be doing. He reads this too.

idiotekniQues
12-30-2012, 03:05 PM
where were these playcalls the last few weeks?

Redeyejedi
12-30-2012, 03:08 PM
where were these playcalls the last few weeks?The Eagles are terrible on Defense. The Giants are actually executing the plays that set some of this stuff up

Harooni
12-30-2012, 03:11 PM
you know they read the internet these days , would not be surprised if they didnt switch things up knowing everyone and their mother knows what they like to do. good for gilbride.

DayOneGiant
12-30-2012, 03:25 PM
where were these playcalls the last few weeks?

Exactly. Why no shotgun draw on 3rd & 12??? I am watching this game wondering where these plays have been. This is a joke to unleash these plays in a useless game. Yes I said useless, you read that right. How's that Chicago game goin???

idiotekniQues
12-30-2012, 03:42 PM
The Eagles are terrible on Defense. The Giants are actually executing the plays that set some of this stuff up

the giants had good playcalling from the get go today. from the first drive on. setting up these calls would have required a bit more time than 0 drives.

Buddy333
12-30-2012, 03:42 PM
Did you guys also listen to the broadcast. They where saying how its hard to get guys in the game and try other plays when you go 3 and out, 3 and out.

TheAnalyst
12-30-2012, 03:44 PM
Did you guys also listen to the broadcast. They where saying how its hard to get guys in the game and try other plays when you go 3 and out, 3 and out.There is a reason they were going 3 and out, 3 and out.

G-MENBK
12-30-2012, 03:46 PM
Did you guys also listen to the broadcast. They where saying how its hard to get guys in the game and try other plays when you go 3 and out, 3 and out.

Bull****. It was those stupid same plays that cost us to go 3 and out.

Buddy333
12-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Bull****. It was those stupid same plays that cost us to go 3 and out.Right!

nycisgreat
12-30-2012, 04:59 PM
The Eagles are terrible on Defense. The Giants are actually executing the plays that set some of this stuff up

The Ravens defense suck too.

GMENAGAIN
12-30-2012, 06:27 PM
Either Gruden. Art Briles (Baylor HC), Norv Turner.

Yes, because Norv has done such a great job with Rivers and the SD offense over the last couple of years . . . Norv Turner isn't fit to hold Gilbride's jock as a coach . . . .

BParcells777
12-30-2012, 06:33 PM
I'd take Andy Ried as OC and bring back Spags as DC.........that would guarantee us a SB victory

L.T.56
12-30-2012, 06:38 PM
how about their recievers coach gilbride jr.? lol. who knows, maybe because he's younger he can bring creativeness to the offensive playcalling.

BParcells777
12-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Id like to get Nolan back as DC if hes available

moosedrool
12-30-2012, 06:53 PM
The OC is not the problem. We just need a healthy Nicks and a real RT.

bashful
12-30-2012, 06:57 PM
KG finally had a game plan, however against a ****ty team. TC needs to replace him and Fewell with younger more progressive coordinators. Both these guys stink.

I Bleed Blue 56
12-30-2012, 07:00 PM
he sure did

NorwoodBlue
12-30-2012, 07:02 PM
Tom Coughlin doesn't do change well. Unless Gilbride leaves voluntarily via another job, he'll be back. Fewell should be replaced without a doubt; but I doubt Coughlin will do it. If the ownership doesn't demand some changes, they won't happen.

BigBlue1971
12-30-2012, 07:02 PM
based on what happened today solidfies both coordinators' jobs imo!

they put the plays in and its up to players to perfect them! i seriously doubt either Gilbride or Fewll leaves unless they want to!

Cloud57
12-30-2012, 07:04 PM
in a meaningless game we didn't play conservative, why couldn't we do this in philadelphia

gmen0820
12-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Save? I doubt his job was ever in serious jeopardy.

NorwoodBlue
12-30-2012, 07:05 PM
based on what happened today solidfies both coordinators' jobs imo!

they put the plays in and its up to players to perfect them! i seriously doubt either Gilbride or Fewll leaves unless they want to!

Gilbride and Coughlin are directly responsible to putting Hakeem Nicks in the last few games when he was not physically able to perform. The entire offense was adversely affected by that, there's a real good chance we'd be in the playoffs if Nicks was kept off the field the last four weeks. If they learned anything today, I hope it's play the guys who practice all week.

giantsforce
12-30-2012, 07:08 PM
in a meaningless game we didn't play conservative, why couldn't we do this in philadelphiaBecause the Giants coaching staff are really incompetent. It took them 15 games to figure out that healthy rookies give you better chances than 50% healthy veterans.

moosedrool
12-30-2012, 07:10 PM
His job was never at risk. OC's don't get fired the year after winning the super bowl. Especially when the team wins 9 games and the offense is 14th in total yards. The Giants just need a healthy Nicks and a better RT.

DarkSaint
12-30-2012, 07:11 PM
Healthy Nicks doesn't help us if the other team knows what we are running. I saw mid game adjustments, they ran a screen, short passes to help our weak offensive line. We had the eagles off balance and then took our shots deep. We finally saw Eli in the no huddle and we went 50 yards for a TD in 20 seconds.

BigBlue1971
12-30-2012, 07:27 PM
Gilbride and Coughlin are directly responsible to putting Hakeem Nicks in the last few games when he was not physically able to perform. The entire offense was adversely affected by that, there's a real good chance we'd be in the playoffs if Nicks was kept off the field the last four weeks. If they learned anything today, I hope it's play the guys who practice all week.

i would think the head coach and coordinators have valuable input from several sources regarding players coming off injuries!

besides who takes Nicks spot if hes not playing????

OX1
12-30-2012, 07:49 PM
Right!

You know as well as I do that you were surprised as all heck by any of those plays,
let alone a whole string of them at once. Of course, they executed. But that sure is a heck of lot
easier when you have a D scrambling, since they have idea what you are going to do next.

Of course it wouldn't work this good all the time with film that we might use these,
but at least it opens up more possibilities. Many don't necessarily want killdrive gone,
they just want him to improve (unless someone has proof that the guy is perfect).
There has got to be something he can do to help the team when they can't/don't
execute the original game plan.

It does piss me off that these plays are obviously practiced, since you don't pull them out
the last week of the season. So where have they been all year? Several games this year, I
would have rather gone out fighting (playcallwise), then just fluttering off with the same old same old.

bashful
12-30-2012, 07:53 PM
The AH tried to save his job - he still is an IDIOT!!!

giantsforce
12-30-2012, 07:55 PM
You know as well as I do that you were surprised as all heck by any of those plays,
let alone a whole string of them at once. Of course, they executed. But that sure is a heck of lot
easier when you have a D scrambling, since they have idea what you are going to do next.

Of course it wouldn't work this good all the time with film that we might use these,
but at least it opens up more possibilities. Many don't necessarily want killdrive gone,
they just want him to improve (unless someone has proof that the guy is perfect).
There has got to be something he can do to help the team when they can't/don't
execute the original game plan.

It does piss me off that these plays are obviously practiced, since you don't pull them out
the last week of the season. So where have they been all year? Several games this year, I
would have rather gone out fighting (playcallwise), then just fluttering off with the same old same old.Well, anything other than Run, Run, Pass, Kick, would be an improvement. I personally want the 3 stooges gone. It is all or nothing it seems.

ELIte4MVP
12-30-2012, 07:58 PM

Yeah totally. Definite correlation causation there. Smh

NorwoodBlue
12-30-2012, 08:18 PM
i would think the head coach and coordinators have valuable input from several sources regarding players coming off injuries!

besides who takes Nicks spot if hes not playing????

Randle would be the most obvious choice. He's played well every chance he's had.

Eli TO Shockey
12-30-2012, 08:19 PM
If anyone deserves the boot its perry fewell.

Out of Exile
12-30-2012, 08:22 PM
Why we didn't blitz like this in some of our losses is beyond me.

Giantterp
12-30-2012, 08:30 PM
Why we didn't blitz like this in some of our losses is beyond me.

Agree 100%. Other team's receivers are wide open anyway. What is there to lose?

Giantterp
12-30-2012, 08:33 PM

And you know this because? How about the defense giving up almost a 1000 yards in two games?

Overdrive92
12-30-2012, 08:33 PM
He was safe either way. Even if the Eagles beat us 42-7, Gilbride wasn't going anywhere.

Redeyejedi
12-30-2012, 08:35 PM
Why we didn't blitz like this in some of our losses is beyond me.Kenny Phillips. Fewell is more aggressive when he is playing deep.

YATittle1962
12-30-2012, 08:38 PM
how does one save a job that was never in jeopardy in the first place ?

jaxnygmen
12-30-2012, 08:41 PM
Remember you are leaving Reese out of the equation. He needs to step up and take some heat too. Little help brought in from draft or FA!! Coughlin wanted capers a few years back but the owners did not want to cough up the $$ to get him!!

gumby74
12-30-2012, 08:42 PM
I prefer walrus instead of troll

bashful
12-30-2012, 10:49 PM
I prefer walrus instead of troll

Walrus has brain a troll is brain dead.

TheShouldersOf
12-30-2012, 11:31 PM
i only hope he would be gone, it's just not about this game, nor is it about the Superbowl, it's a collective,a

RoanokeFan
12-30-2012, 11:46 PM
how does one save a job that was never in jeopardy in the first place ?

It's easy here in the Twilight Zone :rolleyes:

Toadofsteel
12-31-2012, 12:08 AM
Remember you are leaving Reese out of the equation. He needs to step up and take some heat too. Little help brought in from draft or FA!! Coughlin wanted capers a few years back but the owners did not want to cough up the $$ to get him!!

Reese can't take the blame if TC refuses to give the players Reese drafts even rotational snaps. TC hates rookies, pure and simple. We had that Randle guy all season, and he's showing up as the real deal when given a real chance. Same with Wilson. TC has a zero-tolerance policy with Wilson regarding fumbles and pass protection, but Bradshaw gets to fumble every freaking game and gets a free pass...

Meanwhile, we see very little of Tracy, and absolutely no Ojomo or Robinson, despite both of them being healthy for the bulk of the season. Ojomo does a great show in the preseason and then doesn't even get Tollefson's snap count...

EA_Baracus
12-31-2012, 03:36 AM
since the bye week and he looks like an idiot for not doing so.

Drez
12-31-2012, 03:54 AM
Remember you are leaving Reese out of the equation. He needs to step up and take some heat too. Little help brought in from draft or FA!! Coughlin wanted capers a few years back but the owners did not want to cough up the $$ to get him!!How has Capers D been in GB?

Drez
12-31-2012, 04:03 AM
Reese can't take the blame if TC refuses to give the players Reese drafts even rotational snaps. TC hates rookies, pure and simple. We had that Randle guy all season, and he's showing up as the real deal when given a real chance. Same with Wilson. TC has a zero-tolerance policy with Wilson regarding fumbles and pass protection, but Bradshaw gets to fumble every freaking game and gets a free pass...

Meanwhile, we see very little of Tracy, and absolutely no Ojomo or Robinson, despite both of them being healthy for the bulk of the season. Ojomo does a great show in the preseason and then doesn't even get Tollefson's snap count...
Can you say with any certainty that if we played Wilson or Randle any sooner that they would have played as well as they have later in the season? Can you say with any certainty that Ojomo would have played better than JPP, Osi, Tuck, or Kiwi?

Robinson was drafted as a project player that was not expected to do anything this season.

G-MENBK
12-31-2012, 04:31 AM
Can you say with any certainty that if we played Wilson or Randle any sooner that they would have played as well as they have later in the season? Can you say with any certainty that Ojomo would have played better than JPP, Osi, Tuck, or Kiwi?

Eli threw Coughlin under the bus a few days ago, saying there were timing issues because he's practicing with certain players and then, come game time, someone else is getting most of the playing time.

And I believe him. Nicks lost a step, he was gaining virtually nothing after his receptions, and he couldn't create any space between himself and the defenders.

I mean, the only reason Brown got any more carries this season was because Bradshaw got hurt. The only reason Wilson got more carries was because both Brown and Bradshaw got hurt.

EliDaMANning
12-31-2012, 10:03 AM

Robinson was drafted as a project player that was not expected to do anything this season.Well we found out playing with an unhealthy Nicks and Bradhsaw cost us the season.

gumby74
12-31-2012, 10:10 AM
Well we found out playing with an unhealthy Nicks and Bradhsaw cost us the season.

Good coaches adjust.

VTGFAN
12-31-2012, 11:05 AM
It boggles my mind on some of the responses here. This was NOT about the Giants going 9-7....this was about the offensive play calling all year. How many times did the Giants go 3 and out because of STUPID play calls (I'm not even going to talk about dropped passes, bad passes...bad running)...this is totally about bad game plans. How many times was it 3rd and short and we throw 40 yrds down field? How many times was it 3rd and 12 and we try a run up the middle. How many times were we in the red zone and never once tried for the end zone. We cost ourselves the playoffs this year IMO because we couldn't put the ball into the end zone when we needed to. There's a lot of work to be done on this team. We need better protection for Eli.....We need healthy receivers. We need to use rookies (otherwise why have them dress). We needed to rush more then 4 on defense (duh you think other teams didn't watch film each week). Defense could have been better this year.....if the offense would have kept them off the field it might have helped.

EliDaMANning
12-31-2012, 11:10 AM
Good coaches adjust.And these clowns didn't.

bigblue999
12-31-2012, 11:21 AM
The Giants have all season, consistently been facing third and long or even a heavy amount of third downs. Killdrive has been responsible to NEVER producing creative plays, or plays that suit the strength of the players. He simply runs up the middle of the defense over and over and over.

I really hope the Giants let him go, he simply doesn't have the passion and hunger to be the kind of OC we need.

Toadofsteel
12-31-2012, 11:58 AM
He's only holding Eli back when he tries to get too hands-on.

We need a hands-off coordinator that is willing to let Eli shine. I remember from another thread that Moore would be good since he already was in Peyton's headset.

EliDaMANning
12-31-2012, 12:02 PM
I wish but I doubt it.

Kruunch
12-31-2012, 12:03 PM
Not going to happen.

Greatone80
12-31-2012, 12:09 PM
I dont like killdrive,never really did.Oh sure the whole' he won you two superbowls' thing comes up,but i too think eli needs a better off.coord.
instead of saying lets fire him,better question....who the hell do we get to replace him if he goes?? Really,who can we get instead of killdrive....norv turner doubt it. Who else.
Everyone is so quick to say fire killdrive and fewell but the million dollar question is,who would replace them???

Toadofsteel
12-31-2012, 12:10 PM
I'm pretty sure the "Ask Madden" feature would call a better game than Killdrive at this point. Or we could just let TC and Eli run the offense. Eli always does better when he's not stifled by Killdrive...

EliDaMANning
12-31-2012, 12:10 PM
I prefer to see him get a HC somewhere in college. His name always pops up this time of the year. It's time he moves on to different things.

brad
12-31-2012, 12:11 PM
I dont like killdrive,never really did.Oh sure the whole' he won you two superbowls' thing comes up,but i too think eli needs a better off.coord.
instead of saying lets fire him,better question....who the hell do we get to replace him if he goes?? Really,who can we get instead of killdrive....norv turner doubt it. Who else.
Everyone is so quick to say fire killdrive and fewell but the million dollar question is,who would replace them???

I won't even speculate on KG... don't expect anything to happen there, even if I would prefer to see a change.

On the defensive side, Lovie Smith would be a great fit... if they could get him.

Kruunch
12-31-2012, 12:22 PM
I'm not normally a "fire the coordinator" type of guy but these two guys are better than our two current guys (imo). Markedly so.

With Coughlin being so coordinator dependent and our team historically underachieving in the second half of the season, doesn't it make sense to have the strongest coordinators possible?

Thoughts?

Toadofsteel
12-31-2012, 12:22 PM
Really? This got merged into my controller meme?

Which, for the record, he finally pressed the A button... about 3 games too late.

Moke
12-31-2012, 12:23 PM
Andy Reid/Lovie Smith

ryan12
12-31-2012, 12:24 PM
that would be clutch but wouldnt happen lovie smith will get a hc gig this year

TroyArcher
PF can go. I would keep Gilbride. If the O-line can be upgraded and Nicks comes back healthy they can be a very good offensive team. No faith in Fewell.

ShakeandBake
Andy Reid/Lovie Smith

Both will be Head Coaches elsewhere

TroyArcher
12-31-2012, 12:25 PM
You forgot the Two SuperBowl rings?

Toadofsteel
12-31-2012, 12:26 PM
PF can go. I would keep Gilbride. If the O-line can be upgraded and Nicks comes back healthy they can be a very good offensive team. No faith in Fewell.

I'm the other way around... Fewell would be much better if anyone on the defense stayed healthy. KP, Rivers, Williams, all 3 of them on the field would make us a much more potent defense. Plus Tuck and Osi not caring was just bad... my only knock on Fewell was continuing to play them despite the fact that they had given up at the start of the season...

Killdrive needs to be GONE. His predictable playcalling has been thoroughly figured out, and now he's doing nothing but stifling Eli. Unless he's willing to let Eli fly free more often, Killdrive is doing nothing for this team.

Moke
12-31-2012, 12:28 PM
Both will be Head Coaches elsewhere

I can't disagree. Just voicing my opinion on who I wish could be our OC/DC.

Drez
12-31-2012, 01:01 PM
I'm the other way around... Fewell would be much better if anyone on the defense stayed healthy. KP, Rivers, Williams, all 3 of them on the field would make us a much more potent defense. Plus Tuck and Osi not caring was just bad... my only knock on Fewell was continuing to play them despite the fact that they had given up at the start of the season...

Killdrive needs to be GONE. His predictable playcalling has been thoroughly figured out, and now he's doing nothing but stifling Eli. Unless he's willing to let Eli fly free more often, Killdrive is doing nothing for this team.
The offense wasn't injured this year? Really? Define fly free?

OX1
12-31-2012, 01:44 PM
What is the purpose for merging all these threads?
They are not all the same topic and now who knows
who is replying to which thread.

Toadofsteel
12-02-2013, 12:42 AM
Shanahan got PISSED because he realized that he just called up a long bomb on 3rd and short when the head linesman erroneously told him it was first down. Yet Killdrive does that **** all the time like it's normal.

NYGfanSTRICK
12-02-2013, 12:45 AM
Shanahan got PISSED because he realized that he just called up a long bomb on 3rd and short when the head linesman erroneously told him it was first down. Yet Killdrive does that **** all the time like it's normal.

Yeah I do not understand what goes through his head. Maybe he doesn't want to raise his voice at someone again in fear that he could get punched like Buddy Ryan punched him lol

Beelzeboss
12-02-2013, 12:47 AM
Also to make a note of Mr. Killdrive, the hurry up offense is effective you idiot! it always has been! Maybe you should dust it off more than once a ****ing season!!!!

thomasg2488
12-02-2013, 12:52 AM
Google Kevin Gilbride controller and look at the images.

Manning
12-02-2013, 01:00 AM
We were piss poor on shotgun draws through the night, but we kept running them. There much fewer runs with the QB under center. Who's responsible for this?

VBGiantsFan
12-02-2013, 01:01 AM
Because Kevin Gilbride called the plays.

Baby Bulls
12-02-2013, 01:01 AM
With 3,775 posts, you need to ask that question?

imstilripped
12-02-2013, 01:03 AM
The first one to Hillis actually went for 20 yards, I'm amazed he didn't call it every play for the rest of the game after that.

Manning
12-02-2013, 01:04 AM
The first one to Hillis actually went for 20 yards, I'm amazed he didn't call it every play for the rest of the game after that.

Yeah instead of a 100% rate we only saw an 80% rate.

giantsforce
12-02-2013, 01:05 AM
We were piss poor on shotgun draws through the night, but we kept running them. There much fewer runs with the QB under center. Who's responsible for this?Who is responsible for this? Well the answer is: obviously not the HC since he is a bystander while some jerk off the street makes the calls.

talbot
12-02-2013, 01:05 AM
I hated the calls to the outside. The off tackle runs were hideous tonight,

ggrammas
12-02-2013, 01:22 AM

Right- we threw low percentage passes down the middle that missed on a couple of 3d and 2's- what happened to play action?

SanAntonioGiant
12-02-2013, 01:46 AM
Sonny, being interviewed on Skins pregame show said that the best thing the Redskins have going for them tonight is Gilbride on the Giant sideline.

SanAntonioGiant
12-02-2013, 01:51 AM
The Cowboys radio booth:

I was going through the tape this week for work and listened to their call. They implored Coughlin to tell Gilbride to "take the air out of the ball" and keep on running it when the Cowboys couldn't stop them. Yet, the ball kept going in the air and they kept saying "thank you."

J. Tuck Rule
12-02-2013, 01:54 AM
It amazes me that Eli looks bewildered that the WR didnt get a 1st down when its 3rd and 9 and he just threw it 3 yards.

I hate it.

merritt
12-02-2013, 01:59 AM
It amazes me that Eli looks bewildered that the WR didnt get a 1st down when its 3rd and 9 and he just threw it 3 yards.

I hate it.

See, when I saw that, I was thinking he was either giving that look to the sideline or to someone who missed a block. But it's funnier to imagine he was looking at Randle that way haha.

J. Tuck Rule
12-02-2013, 01:59 AM
The run game was working pretty well in the 1st quarter.

So, in classic Gilbride fashion, he sort of leaned toward the pass plays.

imstilripped
12-02-2013, 02:00 AM
The run game was working pretty well in the 1st quarter.

So, in classic Gilbride fashion, he sort of leaned toward the pass plays.

The run game worked on ONE drive all game, it did absolutely nothing on the rest.

J. Tuck Rule
12-02-2013, 02:00 AM
Who is responsible for this? Well the answer is: obviously not the HC since he is a bystander while some jerk off the street makes the calls.

TC has said before "Its not the play I would have called in that situation." when questioned about the play selection in a particular situation. So, the answer to your question is, the OC is responsible.

Pksoze
12-02-2013, 02:06 AM
Instead of bashing though. Anybody ever ask Gilbride why he always runs it. I remember it being devastating in 2008. Not so much in other years. I honestly would like an explanation why he runs it so much.

J. Tuck Rule
12-02-2013, 02:08 AM

Thats my sig. lol

J. Tuck Rule
12-02-2013, 02:10 AM
See, when I saw that, I was thinking he was either giving that look to the sideline or to someone who missed a block. But it's funnier to imagine he was looking at Randle that way haha.

The thing is, when its third and whatever, he consistently throws the ball short of the sticks. Thats the offense that this team runs. I dont get it.

Diamondring
12-02-2013, 02:15 AM
Shanahan got PISSED because he realized that he just called up a long bomb on 3rd and short when the head linesman erroneously told him it was first down. Yet Killdrive does that **** all the time like it's normal.You mean KG call for the deep ball or Eli maybe just keep on throwing the deep ball and not taking the underneither stuff? That could be the reason why there are deep bombs on third and short.

rickb30
12-02-2013, 02:43 AM
So coming out of halftime the reporter repeats what Coughlin said and I quote "the no huddle gave our offense energy". So why do we only see it when it's the typical 2 minute offense situations. I truly don't understand this coaching staff at all.

The benefits of using the no huddle or even an uptempo offense are endless. For one our offensive line is atrocious and using the no huddle does help offensive lines.

Secondly it also simplifies what the defense can do some that would really help eli to figure out what the defense is doing, which would make it alot easier to audible and really hurt the defense. Most of the time the defenses just run there base defense when teams go hurry up.

Third it wears defenders out its hard to watch out team huffing and puffing when we play against teams with an uptempo offense. All I can think of why the he## are we not doing this.

The fourth and most important for out team specifically our qb, eli always looks so much better in the 2 minute offense and he always has.

The guy is a ten year veteran who has always played really well in the no huddle. So it truly eats me up inside when I see a guys like Joe Flacco, Michael Vick, Matt Ryan and even Nick foles (who knows less about football then our qb has forgotten) running an uptempo no huddle offense and our qb does not get the same opportunity to flourish.

rickb30
12-02-2013, 02:50 AM
Also did anyone else almost feel like they were watching a high school football team on offense. Tonight was really really hard to watch and I truly don't know how much more I can take. I waver never want to see anyone lose there job but I'm sorry Kevin Gillbride had got to go he is truly underachieving and it is so painful to watch. It was the same plays over and over and over again. I have never seen any other team in the NFL constantly lose yards on 1st down, and can anyone else predict when eli is gonna get sacked.

simmstolt
12-02-2013, 04:48 AM
This team is constantly rushing to get plays off to avoid delays of game. This has lead to turnovers and penalties. When they hurry up a bit and just play they look much better. The coaches are clueless and any "not wanting to tire the defense out" argument is just lame considering the steady stream of 3 and outs.

BlueSanta
12-02-2013, 05:28 AM
I am not defending KG....

But you are either misinformed or incorrect.

We ran a lot from the shotgun yes, but that doesn't make them draws. There is a huge difference.

Drez
12-02-2013, 07:29 AM
I am not defending KG....

But you are either misinformed or incorrect.

We ran a lot from the shotgun yes, but that doesn't make them draws. There is a huge difference.People see shotgun and run and automatically think it's a draw. It's a form of both ignorance and confirmation bias. People are also under the misguided impression that the draw is just one play, as well.

GCGiant
12-02-2013, 07:30 AM
When they are in a situation that calls for running the ball to run the clock, and they are still setting up with a single back, everybody in the stadium knows that the back is either gonna block for Eli or receive the handoff on that draw they run over and over. At the snap, if the back takes one step sideways, it's a sure bet he is getting the handoff...without any lead blocker in front. They run so much better when they have a FB leading the way...I don't know why they can't see this.

GCGiant
12-02-2013, 07:56 AM
I don't care what you call the play, if there is only 1 guy back there and they are in the shotgun, and they decide to run the ball, I wonder who is going to run it. It's not like Eli is one of those QB's who will fake and run himself. There is only one option and they are getting a read at the snap and if they read that it is the run...I wonder who they think will end up with the ball and which diriection is he going to head? Total BS.

Drez
12-02-2013, 08:12 AM
I don't care what you call the play, if there is only 1 guy back there and they are in the shotgun, and they decide to run the ball, I wonder who is going to run it. It's not like Eli is one of those QB's who will fake and run himself. There is only one option and they are getting a read at the snap and if they read that it is the run...I wonder who they think will end up with the ball and which diriection is he going to head? Total BS.
WTF?

So, only runs that come from 2 back sets are good?

Are you for real?

Holy crap, that is a stupid post.

Drez
12-02-2013, 08:15 AM
Obviously you don't know what the hell you're talking about. If you noticed on that play all but the check down guy run deep routes. 9 times out of 10 when we go long on 3rd and short we have guys running shorter routes, but Eli goes deep if he sees a match up he likes. Look at the actual play, not just the decision of where to go with the ball.

GCGiant
12-02-2013, 08:17 AM
WTF?

So, only runs that come from 2 back sets are good?

Are you for real?

Holy crap, that is a stupid post.

Is that what I said? Reading comprehension is a good thing...try it.

Drez
12-02-2013, 08:25 AM
Is that what I said? Reading comprehension is a good thing...try it.

Yup, that's pretty much what you said... If there's only one back in the backfield, guess who's going to run it...

Yup, still really stupid.

GCGiant
12-02-2013, 08:30 AM
Yup, that's pretty much what you said... If there's only one back in the backfield, guess who's going to run it...

Yup, still really stupid.Where did I say that only 2 back sets are good? What I said was that when you set up the same way every time it kinda takes a lot of the guesswork out of what is coming next. I guess you disagree with that, no?

WayBackFan
12-02-2013, 08:48 AM
The G offense revolves around Eli. The goal of the G offense is to put the ball in Eli's hands as much as possible.

Only run the ball to set up the above goal.

Toadofsteel
12-02-2013, 11:41 AM

Dude, I made that. Last year...

NYG in NE
12-02-2013, 11:44 AM

Love it!

NYG in NE
12-02-2013, 11:45 AM
Dude, I made that. Last year...

If you did Toad....then that was dead on and awesome.

Toadofsteel
12-02-2013, 07:13 PM
If you did Toad....then that was dead on and awesome.

Ah... found the thread

Toadofsteel
12-02-2013, 07:18 PM
I'm here to necro this thread, because I want everyone to know that I made the Killdrive Controller... #ShamelessPlug

M00KIE
12-03-2013, 05:09 PM
I'm here to necro this thread, because I want everyone to know that I made the Killdrive Controller... #ShamelessPlug

lol I still want to cafe express a shirt with that. :D

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1507/t223.jpg

Helmet
12-03-2013, 05:48 PM
Someone must have modded the controller so the START button now triggers six straight losses to begin the season.

P_Simms_#11
12-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Just as relevant today as it was a year ago.

Toadofsteel
12-03-2013, 06:37 PM
lol I still want to cafe express a shirt with that. :D

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/5112/6pdv.jpg

haha epic. If you get it take a pic and post it lol...

Rudyy
12-03-2013, 06:39 PM
Just as relevant today as it was a year ago.

LMAO

M00KIE
12-03-2013, 06:56 PM
haha epic. If you get it take a pic and post it lol...

lol I just may. I edited/updated it with the "Toad of steel logo" for ya. http://ironknights.us/modules/Forums/images/smiles/rolling.gif