PDA

View Full Version : Real reason why giants have fallen apart !

sheepdip
12-27-2012, 10:46 AM
I am excluding the coaches on this one, which I think they are a huge factor in why are season is pretty much over. Look at offensive/defensive #'s and how were loosing.

Anyways the other reason why giants have fallen off is simple.

Not physical enough on either side of the ball. Bottom line.

Did you see Ravens push us around it was embarrassing, Even there offensive players were pushing our Defensive guys around. Did you see there 3rd string LB play like a beast out there ? I thought Rolle was going to be a beast ??? Opponents back up running backs run through our defense like its a joke.

again bottom line we are simply a soft team. I dont know how a team becomes completely soft ? Did they give up, are coaches to lax ? are they tired of the coaches systems and dont buy in. Is it leaders like Tuck who are cry babies ?

SOFT TEAM = NO PLAYOFFS

sheepdip
12-27-2012, 10:51 AM
Just to add, we won 4 super bowls by physical play and toughness. bottom line.

ANON837
12-27-2012, 12:33 PM
They stink and they're inconsistent. End of story.

PBTimmons
12-27-2012, 12:52 PM
The OP could considered an actual fact. These players are some of the softest bunch in the league. Talented, but very soft.

Toughest player we have is easily Kenny Phillips and our best run stopper among LB's and Secondary is probably Prince.

timmytimm3
12-27-2012, 12:53 PM
We are too banged up and old at key positions to be physical.

Roosevelt
12-27-2012, 01:10 PM
I am excluding the coaches on this one, which I think they are a huge factor in why are season is pretty much over. Look at offensive/defensive #'s and how were loosing.

Anyways the other reason why giants have fallen off is simple.

Not physical enough on either side of the ball. Bottom line.

Did you see Ravens push us around it was embarrassing, Even there offensive players were pushing our Defensive guys around. Did you see there 3rd string LB play like a beast out there ? I thought Rolle was going to be a beast ??? Opponents back up running backs run through our defense like its a joke.

again bottom line we are simply a soft team. I dont know how a team becomes completely soft ? Did they give up, are coaches to lax ? are they tired of the coaches systems and dont buy in. Is it leaders like Tuck who are cry babies ?

SOFT TEAM = NO PLAYOFFS

Good point.

I made the same point in another thread about Eli vs the Ravens giving up 3rd down by sliding before the marker so he didn't get hit.

The least our players could do is go down swinging.

rico1
12-27-2012, 02:38 PM
Changes need to be made after the season. Quite a few actually....and you can start with Boley. Watch the Raven game again ( if you can) and see the effort Boley gave.

Roosevelt
12-27-2012, 03:12 PM
Changes need to be made after the season. Quite a few actually....and you can start with Boley. Watch the Raven game again ( if you can) and see the effort Boley gave.

Agreed. Boley had a terrible year.

But Boley actually played very little in that game. Instead we saw Paysinger and Herzlich.

Sorry to say but Herzlich has to go also. He cannot tackle.

B-Red22
12-27-2012, 04:31 PM
The OP could considered an actual fact. These players are some of the softest bunch in the league. Talented, but very soft.

Toughest player we have is easily Kenny Phillips and our best run stopper among LB's and Secondary is probably Prince.

Hahaha prince is one of the toughest guys on the team!?!?! What a joke

PBTimmons
12-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Hahaha prince is one of the toughest guys on the team!?!?! What a joke

I suppose reading comprehension is not a strong suit of yours, eh?

I said "our best run stopper among LB's and Secondary is probably Prince." And I actually believe he is. Teams didn't gash us on the edges nearly as much as they did straight up the middle. Prince get's at least half the credit for that. Topped with the fact that he sticks his head in tackles and rarely misses them, he's not a long-shot to be our most solid/tough player.

JPP=BEASTMODE
12-27-2012, 06:05 PM
The OP could considered an actual fact. These players are some of the softest bunch in the league. Talented, but very soft. Toughest player we have is easily Kenny Phillips and our best run stopper among LB's and Secondary is probably Prince.I thought Osi was our best run stopper.

radar-ray
12-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Agreed. Boley had a terrible year.

But Boley actually played very little in that game. Instead we saw Paysinger and Herzlich.

Sorry to say but Herzlich has to go also. He cannot tackle.Agree, Herzich sucks.

Parademon
12-27-2012, 09:19 PM
We need to start drafting LBers again. When was the last time we had an All-Pro LBer?

jomo
12-27-2012, 09:28 PM
A slightly different twist on my theme which is, we need to reload both trenches. OL has been coming (and ignored) for years. DL, particularly at the tackle spot is a surprise. We are also not getting any support at LB which further exposes the DL.

sheepdip
12-27-2012, 09:59 PM
TOOO SOFT

Whimpy team.

Prince is solid tackler actually and have no problems with his play. Webster is awful, Paysinger is awful the whole defense is pretty much awful.

Smurf
12-28-2012, 12:54 PM
30th ranked D about sums it up. Soft on both sides of the ball.